It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
My last post of the nite...advanced Re-Gen is required

If ya find it...post it

Developments on swine flu worldwide - The Associated Press: Ghana Broadcasting CorporationDevelopments on swine .. /c8aq253 minutes ago from twitterfeed

#H1N1 case alert: Brown County, Wisconsin, USA: 1 confirmed case. Source: ABC 2 Date: 6 May 2009, 23:10 GMT4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Another Post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(per ecoparity)

[edit on 5/7/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
get some rest Hx3_1963. We'll try to hold down the fort and keep the updates, although no where the magnitude you do.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Swine Flu: Twitter's Power To Misinform

Who knew that swine flu could also infect Twitter? Yet this is what appears to have happened in the last 24 hours, with thousands of Twitter users turning to their favorite service to query each other about this nascent and potentially lethal threat as well as to share news and latest developments from Mexico, Texas, Kansas and New York (you can check most recent Twitter updates on the subject by searching for "swine flu" and "#swineflu"). And despite all the recent Twitter-enthusiasm about this platform's unique power to alert millions of people in decentralized and previously unavailable ways, there are quite a few reasons to be concerned about Twitter's role in facilitating an unnecessary global panic about swine flu.

www.npr.org...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I just received this update. What a bunch of BULL....This flu is still spreading as it has been. They have decided to blow it off. All Quiet on the news. I do not want any flu. They are probably reporting the deaths as respitory failure.

"You are subscribed to updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
(CDC)."

*Update on Situation *

The ongoing outbreak of novel influenza A (H1N1) continues to expand in the United
States and internationally. CDC expects that more cases, more hospitalizations and
more deaths from this outbreak will occur over the coming days and weeks.

CDC continues to take aggressive action to respond to an expanding outbreak caused
by novel H1N1 flu.

CDC's response goals are to:

* Reduce transmission and illness severity, and
* Provide information to help health care providers, public health officials and
the public address the challenges posed by this emergency.

CDC is issuing updated interim guidance [
www.cdc.gov... ] daily in response to the rapidly
evolving situation. This includes updated interim guidance for clinicians on how to
identify and care for people [ www.cdc.gov... ]
who are sick with novel H1N1 flu now that more widespread illness has been detected
in the United States. CDC recommends that testing and antiviral treatment be
prioritized for those with severe respiratory illness and those at highest risk of
complications from seasonal influenza. This includes children younger than 5 years
old, pregnant women, people with chronic medical conditions and weakened immune
systems, and people 65 years and older. In addition, CDC has provided information
for the public on what to do if they develop flu-like symptoms [
www.cdc.gov... ].

CDC has completed deployment of 25 percent of the supplies in the Strategic National
Stockpile (SNS) to all states in the continental United States. These supplies and
medicines will help states and U.S. territories respond to the outbreak. In
addition, the Federal Government and manufacturers have begun the process of
developing a vaccine against the novel H1N1 flu virus.

Response actions are aggressive, but they may vary across states and communities
depending on local circumstances. Communities, businesses, places of worship,
schools and individuals can all take action to slow the spread of this outbreak.
People who are sick are urged to stay home from work or school and to avoid contact
with others, except to seek medical care. This action can avoid spreading illness
further.

*U.S. Human Cases of H1N1 Flu Infection*

As of 11:00 AM ET on May 5, 2009, CDC has confirmed 403 human cases and 1 death in
38 states:

* Alabama: 4
* Arizona: 17
* California: 49
* Colorado: 6
* Connecticut: 2
* Delaware: 20
* Florida: 5
* Georgia: 1
* Idaho: 1
* Illinois: 82
* Indiana: 3
* Iowa: 1
* Kansas: 2
* Kentucky: 1 (resident of Kentucky but currently hospitalized in Georgia)
* Louisiana: 7
* Maine: 1
* Maryland: 4
* Massachusetts: 6
* Michigan: 2
* Minnesota: 1
* Missouri: 1
* Nebraska: 1
* Nevada: 1
* New Hampshire: 1
* New Jersey: 6
* New Mexico: 1
* New York: 90
* North Carolina: 1
* Ohio:3
* Oregon: 15
* Pennsylvania: 1
* Rhode Island: 1
* South Carolina: 16
* Tennessee: 2
* Texas: 41 (and 1 death)
* Utah: 1
* Virginia: 3
* Wisconsin: 3

For more information, see the *CDC H1N1 Flu website* [
service.govdelivery.com... ].

*International Human Cases of H1N1 Flu Infection*

* Influenza is thought to *spread mainly person-to-person* through coughing or
sneezing of infected people.
* *Take everyday actions to stay healthy.*
* Cover you

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yes here we have it folks!
US public at risk from complacency over flu -CDC

May 6 (Reuters) - The U.S. public could become more vulnerable to a flu pandemic if complacency about the need for heightened vigilance sets in, health experts said on Wednesday.

Those concerns would escalate if the H1N1 virus that has killed two people in the United States and made 642 others sick mutates into a more virulent form by the start of the traditional flu season in the fall.

www.alertnet.org...

Cant say I didn't warn ya! Cant you just hear them saying in now?

Yeah right...

Stars for all the new avatars! Nite got to get some sleep!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Listen to her. ALARM< ALARM. No Daaaaa

www.dhs.gov...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Night get some rest, or "Re-Gen" as our mass news poster says.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Goodnight Hx3, get some rest

Checked out your new thread

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

But in the United States fear about flu appears to have subsided since the epidemic came to public attention more than two weeks ago because many cases appear to be mild.

Yeah fear has subsided because that's what they want

All of the sudden they flipped everything around on us. No keep the schools open, stop testing, don't worry it's not spreading, it's mild, they started messing with the numbers. Well now they got what they wanted

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I know it's late and many have left for the night, but I haven't been able to reply until now. There were several posts asking for updates on my husband's coworker. My husband works on different jobsites as he is assigned to them. He has not been back to the same site since speaking with this man the last time. The information seems to have been faulty as we have now passed Wednesday with no reports of Military activity in Texas. I have however compiled some posts regarding any Military actions witnessed/conveyed. Here you go:

My previous post
per Operation Mindcrime
per Cloudsinthesky
per Severdsoul
per Vitchilo
per Our Beloved Hx3_1963
per Larphillips

I'm sure there are more and I will look for any news stories to go along with this in the morning. Feel free to add any to the list I may have missed.

I found this one tonight and decided to go ahead and add it. It is a screenshot from BBC news on 5-2-09.
London Confirms Troop Deployment
[edit on 7-5-2009 by Cameoii]

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Cameoii]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'm going to repost something here, that i just posted on Hx3's thread. It's another referrence to scientists working with the flu strain from the 1918 pandemic, VERY RECENTLY

reply to post by Hx3_1963

Here's another tasty little tidbit for ya....

Resurrecting a Killer; In 2005, research scientists rebuilt the H1N1 avian influenza A virus from genetic material found in the lungs of flu victims from 1918. Scientists hope that by studying the deadly virus, they can better prepare for future outbreaks of new flu viruses

health.howstuffworks.com...

Now you resurrect that virus from a North American victim and a European victim, maybe even an Asian victim, combine them and throw in a little swine flu and what have you got ????

I'll let you come to your own conclusions

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Thanks for finding and posting the links to those posts, very interesting posts. Especially the one from Larphillips.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Somebody just posted a VERY interesting theory on the other thread. I'm gonna try to link to that post, hope it works, never done it before.

(per poisonpen)

Edit to add;
[edit on 5/7/2009 by chise61]

I did it!! It worked

[edit on 5/7/2009 by chise61]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
And from this, per Redpillblues...

www.rfidinvesting.com...

Look who's on this list...

Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX) Baxter Healthcare Corporation is the principal U.S. operating subsidiary of Baxter International Inc. Baxter International Inc. develops, manufactures and markets products that save and sustain the lives of people with hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma, and other chronic and acute medical conditions. As a global, diversified healthcare company, Baxter applies a unique combination of expertise in medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology to create products that advance patient care worldwide.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Awww but then Ecoparity had to go and say this....

And i really liked that theory too

I don't know though i still think that theory has some promise to it.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Morning all, i had to crash for a bit..
I'll try to gather what i can until our news guru gets here.

Brodie Fenlon: AP: Administration official says White House to request $1.5 billion to combat flu

Brodie Fenlon: Alberta's chief medical officer has confirmed two mild cases of swine flu — one in Calgary and the other in the northern part of the province

Brodie Fenlon: The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has confirmed a total of 64 human cases of swine flu across the country: 10 in California, 2 in Kansas, 45 in New York, one in Ohio and 6 in Texas.

?huh? it says its new but looks old news. Hmmm

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
WHO Update 18:

6 May 2009 -- As of 16:00 GMT, 6 May 2009, 23 countries have officially reported 1893 cases of influenza A (H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 942 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 29 deaths. The United States has reported 642 laboratory confirmed human cases, including two deaths.

Now, we are told by MSM that this virus is not as serious as they thought at first. But, by my calculations (and their confirmed numbers), the percentage of fatal cases ranks right along side the 1918 episode.

31/1893= 1.64%

To a layman, that seems a small number. But to Atmar, 1 percent is alarming. The 1957 and 1968 pandemics killed an estimated 0.1 percent of the people they infected. The 1918 one — the scariest one of all — killed somewhere between 1.5 and 2.5 percent.

“If it’s 1 percent,” Atmar said, “that’s potentially 1918. But it’s too soon to tell.”
Houston Chronicle

I really don't understand the majority of the public's attitude that this is nothing. Many keep talking about the regular flu season killing 40,000. But if they would take the time to extrapolate the above numbers they would find that these numbers are far more deadly.

50,000,000 (common influenza reports in US annually)*1.64%= 820,000
That is more than 20 times more deadly than the normal flu.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Thanks for putting all those post together............as far as the apache gunship helicopters, they were here for two days........I called the general aviation office where I saw one of them refueling (which is odd they would refuel at a public airport) basically all they new they were just doing exercises........

One poster stated they did not have cameras...........so I googled it

It does that job with a Target Acquisition Designation System (TADS) tied to the head movements of the pilots so that the cameras point where they look. The system includes a night vision sensor, a laser range finder and laser target designator, a thermal imaging infrared camera and a daylight television camera. Images from TADS are superimposed onto the crew’s helmet-mounted optical sights.

usmilitary.about.com...

A day light television camera........hhhhmmmm

Well not sure if it relates but it is very odd to see this in my town...........

UPDATE:
I just learned from another friend that he saw military helicopters here circling the city at a very low altitude last Saturday........There were four of them.......not apache......

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

a great movie to see appaches in is I beleive Firehawks..

The helmet mounted sight is kinda like an electronic operated site..It follows the pilots head..kinda like a gun scope..it is used to iam the big gun under the nose,and the missles under the sides//

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Update on School (K – 12) and Childcare Facilities: Interim CDC Guidance in Response to Human Infections with the Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Virus

School closure is not advised for a suspected or confirmed case of novel influenza A (H1N1) and, in general, is not advised unless there is a magnitude of faculty or student absenteeism that interferes with the school’s ability to function.

Schools that were closed based on previous interim CDC guidance related to this outbreak may reopen.

www.cdc.gov...

Knowing Hx3.........he already posted this link.....
This was updated at 11:00 am last night.......and I find this very odd as we see this thing spread.........

And then they post this on the very same web link......

The ongoing outbreak of novel influenza A (H1N1) continues to expand in the United States. CDC expects that more cases, more hospitalizations and more deaths from this outbreak will occur over the coming days and weeks.

www.cdc.gov...

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join