It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

They believe that the 1918 pandemic infected 50% of the population.

If this flu does the same thing it will infect about 153,187,605 people in the US.

With a 3.65 mortality rate the US would have 5,591,348 deaths. However the 1918 strain could have had a 5% or higher fatality rate

If even 19% of the fatalities were in Illinois, Illinois would have 1,062,356 deaths

These numbers are only estimates based on a 50% infection rate and a 3.65 fatality rate, and the percentage of people affected in Illinois would change as a greater number of the entire US would be infected.

If this thing comes back full force in the fall/winter i'm headin up to Michigan, i have family up there with 20 acres.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
Another article about influeza finds this about the strain that caused the 1918 pandemic:

2. Why are we being told everyday about treatment with antivirals and vaccines, but have not heard any mention of stockpiling antibiotics?

Because if they did that they would be alerting people to the fact that most of the fatalities are from a secondary bacterial infection (mostly pnuemonia) caused by the flu.

It suits their purpose to keep saying x amount of people didn't die from the flu, they died from pnuemonia. And many will not piece together the facts that it was the flu that caused the pnuemonia.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I am going to pass this question to you my wife ask me all the time.......

"What are you going to do with all this information"

My answer to her is "I am trying to save us"

I will admit, through ATS and my sources I know too much.....

But I guess the one thing I don't know is what the hell to do with all of it if this bacon bug becomes a darkness of death...

Yes, I am stocked up......

Yes, I have natural medicine supplies....

Yes, I can bug out......

With this "bacon flu" I think we all have figured out where this looks like its headed...

Beyond preparing at home..........I am not sure what to do.........Does anyone here have a private island to sell that man has not touched in 100 years?

The people at the top in the U.S. government and other countries have there little secure areas......

What will happen to us and is there anything we can do together as one to prepare before the news feeds of Hx3 stop..........?

We all see the freight train.........How do we avoid it and not become part of the 3.65%?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Either way not looking good

Come on over!

I've got my BOB packed and a spot all picked out here

United States has 896 cases of new flu, CDC says r.reuters.com... minutes ago from Reuters.com

US, Tennessee: State health officials confirm a total of 36 cases of influenza A (H1N1) statewide. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Cottbus: One Suspected Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified: Date: May 07, 2009 18:09 UTC Risk: Medium Deutsche Presse Agentur (DPA)..half a minute ago from twitterfeed

New Zealand: Decrease of One Probable Case Reported: Date: May 07, 2009 18:07 UTC Risk: Medium The media release by the New Zealand M..half a minute ago from twitterfeed

Saskatchewan: First Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed : Date: May 07, 2009 18:00 UTC Risk: Medium The Government of Saskatchewan ..half a minute ago from twitterfeed

Durango: Third Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed : Date: May 07, 2009 17:55 UTC Risk: Medium Milenio, a national media source, rep..half a minute ago from twitterfeed

North Weald: Previously Reported Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) in East London is in Fact Located in North Weald: Date: May 07,..less than a minute ago from twitterfeed

[edit on 5/7/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
In one of my posts yesterday i had questioned why they gave patient B, the little girl in Cali antibiotics and antihistimines instead of antivirals.

I just realized they gave her antihistamines to stop her immune system from overreacting to the flu, and antibiotics to either prevent or treat a secondary infection.

IMO that just further proves that they were well aware of this flu and how it would act well before it become public

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Time is flying........what was the date of when the girl enterd the hospital?

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Star 4 U !

Good "catch"

Sounds completely plausible...

Third of world could catch swine flu', WHO warns as two new UK cases push nation's total to 34
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Ministry of Health out swine flu deaths in Rio
google

Spain: Total influenza A (H1N1) case count reaches 88 nationwide. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Just kind of lurking today, i'm not finding a lot of useful info to add, since you guys are so good at it, you beat me to the post.
Great work ,

You are so right, with all the info we are way ahead of the curve.
The sad part is to answer your question, until we get a better idea of how much time and when we are looking at, there is not much we can do. Sit and wait.
Personaly if things turn south. The family is heading to the woods with the camper. I plan on taking suppliet etc. But also Orange paint (like they use on foot ball fields) Spray a 25' boundry around the camp area and post signs. "DO NOT CROSS or you WILL be shot" then below it "Please stand outside the orange line and yell to get our atention."

If they want to join and work as a group, fine, they have to camp outside the orange for 2 weeks before being allowed to cross. (although i doubt many will come by to far back in the mountians. ) but just to be safe. Other than that, start growing food, building a more secure structure from logs etc. and ride it out, it could be a year or two before all this settles back down, so you have to think long term and winter.. which for here winter is very cold at times.

The main problem is we have to wait and see but the advantage is we will know way ahead of the pack when its time to bug out and call it quits on society to make sure us and ours survive.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Saskatchewan has first two confirmed cases of swine flu; three more in Alberta
May 7, 2009 - 14:00
www.macleans.ca...

US, Kansas: State officials confirm 12 cases of influenza A (H1N1) state-wide. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

H1N1 Nevada Update
Updated: May 6, 2009 05:16 PM
www.lasvegasnow.com...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

She was an outpatient, she was one of the very first cases reported here, diagnosed by the military. She first became ill end of March and had visited a fair weeks earlier that had a pig exhibit.

Here's the link, they talk about patient A & B. JBA2848 dug up the article and Hx3_1963 alerted us to it and posted the link.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Third Confirmed Case of Novel H1N1 Influenza in Winnebago County
Last Updated: 12:03 PM May 7, 2009
www.wifr.com...

Iowa Department of Public Health reporting 39 probable cases of H1N1
May 07, 2009
www.zwire.com...

ANALYSIS-Does WHO need to declare flu a full pandemic?
07 May 2009 11:24:16 GMT
www.alertnet.org...

"It is too early to claim victory on H1N1 virus", says IFRC
www.alertnet.org...

Ecuador to lift ban on pigs, pork from U.S., Mexico
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

One way of looking at it is natural selection. We are compiling information that most of the species is unaware of and/or has no interest in, therefore we are pushing ourselves to to be the fittest (most well adapted to change). It would be akin to ancient humans that learned agriculture through trial and error in order to get away from the dangerous nomadic lifestyle. Hopefully, this is the part of the plan that whomever set this thing in motion forgot about. Worst case scenario: the only ones left will be the ones aware enough to see danger coming and adapt to it. Then it really will be us against "them", and we will know there coming.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

the fittest (most well adapted to change).

Oh Crap!!
I am going to have to loose some weight

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Man i REALLY don't wanna catch this thing ! My immune system already overreacts to the simplest things, i'll die for sure
I had to completely cut fast foods out of my diet ( which is really a good thing) Mickey D's, Burgerking, white castle, all of em, i eat from those places and i go into anaphylactic shock, that's is some scary stuff let me tell you. Can't leave the house without antihistamines and an epipen.

I think i'd rather catch it now in it's weaker form and hopefully have some kind of immunity to it when it comes back full force next flu season

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The World Health Organization said Thursday that up to 2 billion people could be infected by swine flu if the current outbreak turns into a pandemic. The agency said a pandemic typically lasts two years.

Houston Chronicle

Looks like someone has been reading our boards!!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Star 4 U!

I think

I'll be sure to warn all before I bug-out or die
I plan on being around fer a few...unless my bum ticker goes on me

Hmmm...
CDC: Now fewer US swine flu cases linked to Mexico
May 7, 2:08 PM EDT
hosted.ap.org

Hmmm...
Mexboom: Professor at Royal London Hospital told that descendent of H1N1 virus was “accidentally” released from laboratory during experimentation.
less than a minute ago from TweetDeck

kerryallen: WOOT! We have confirmed swine/H1N1/hiney flu in Hicksville! Finally, my town gets the recognition it deserves!
3 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Just had to say that was a GREAT response to Cloudsinthe sky's question

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Five more cases of swine flu confirmed
Three children, two adults bring total in state to 38
May 7, 2009
www.delawareonline.com...

It won't be a 1918 repeat, experts say
www.delawareonline.com...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Just responding to your statement about growing our own food.

Everybody remember to stock up on heirloom seeds, pretty soon we won't be able to get them anymore, and learn how to harvest the seeds from your crops.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Swine Flu Fears Prompts Some to Self-Infect: Before Deadlier Strain Emerges
chattahbox.com...

China tests plane passenger for possible swine flu
www.monstersandcritics.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join