It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Wizard Tasered at Coachella

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Oh god that was great, The cops gave him every angle out of the situation even gave him enough time to think it over. but it took to long, and the cops had enough of his baby penis. he was clearly drunk or on some kinda drugs, and could have turned violent at the drop of a hat. this is a legitimate tazering you guys are blowing this way out of proportion iv seen real police abuse and this was not it.

The people in the crowd where idiots some where screaming "freedom of speech" what does that have to do with the situation? see how ignorant they are to there own laws and Freedoms.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Even pagans can have issues with skyclad. That is why there are different covens and religions.

I turned down a well known coven just because I didn't want to participate skyclad.

All the pagans I have ever celebrated with were very lawabiding citizens. Whatever park or venue we used we strictly followed their rules. Their land, their rules.

This was not police brutality. I thought they were very nice to this guy.And gave him many chances to put his clothes on. Police brutality would of been walking up and throwing him on the ground, instead of pleading with him for 10 minutes.

If you want to celebrate skyclad, to go private territory.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
He is obviously drunk, in a public place and and decides to get naked. The police were good and gave him plenty of chances.

but the whole time watchin that, all i could think was 'If i was that small i would NOT be getting naked in public'

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Oh cmon. First, the guy was naked in public which is against the law. Its not against the law to wear a cross. Second, the guy was not cooperating with the simple request to put his close on. He could have either been tazed or forced to the group or clubbed a couple of times. What does it really matter. If you dont want the police to knock you around then try to follow their instructions. If you were wronged you can sort it out in court. They are out there risking their lifes so they cant just talk real nice to everyone who is breaking the law and expect that anyone is going to follow their instructions. In a nutshell, that guy deserved to get tazed.

What would you have done if you were the police? Would you have blantantly not done your job to enforce the law?

[edit on 23-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

What would I have done?

1. I would have understood that this is a rock concert.

2. I would have understood the simple fact of "unenforceable" or "pointless" law. If you are following law to the letter, that arena would be empty because 99.9% of them would have been arrested for possession of drugs or underage drinking. That is a fact of every major festival in any country. They ignore that fact, so why enforce this stupid law?

3. I wouldn't have felt the need to enforce such a stupid law and I would have only taken measures if he became a REAL THREAT to himself or others.

4. If anyone had approached me to complain that there was a man naked, I would have reminded them that they are at a rock concert and not to be such a childish prude. Then I would have told them that I had far more important things to be concerned about than a naked person.

This IS another example of Police feeling like they are above all others and can treat people the way they wish. There are laws, but there is also a moral responsibility to assess the importance of enforcing such laws as a priority. This was not a priority and they acted harshly where no action was yet needed.

It might be illegal to be naked in public, but it is up to the officer to use common sense and reason.

I'll tell you what, it's illegal to be naked in public in the UK too, and every year I go to Donington rock festival and see countless people naked. Do you know what British Police do there? They laugh, maybe advise him to cover up. What they don't do is enforce a stupid law in an environment where it is even more pointless, they certainly don't make a situation far far worse by insisting that every citizen obey every written word of law.
They understand that it is a rock festival, they understand that almost any response they give is going to be OTT, and so they choose not to make matters worse.

Laws are in place in a general sense, and it is up to individuals to use their own common sense and politely ignore cases where no one is coming to any harm and the outcome of their intervention is likely to cause more problems than it would solve.

So my opinion on those officers?
Idiots. Frankly they have no common sense, no awareness of where they are or what their priorities are.
They are ignorant and arrogant, poorly trained, and they're overweight and need to get down the gym.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Sorry, for the mere fact, this guy had not a right to be nude in a place that doesn't allow it, he got what he deserved.

If he didn't want to follow the rules, for public nudity at this concert, he shouldn't have gone, plain and simple.

He was nuts alone for the wizard get up he wore, then decided to strip? If some nut gets naked where not appropriate, and fights the police over it, who's to say what else this nut job would have done? The police were doing there job protecting all the other people at this event.

Why should all the other people who paid to be at this place have to put up with such stupidity?

If I had paid for a ticket to the place, I'd have been outraged by this persons behavior.

It was not at all apropriate.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
What really amazes me is the level of ignorance on this website about the role of law enforcement.

If you live in a society of laws, you need to abide by them. You cannot pick and chose which laws you will follow based on personal opinion. If you don't like the rules in this society, either try to change them through the political process or move to a society that is more in line with your personal preferences.

In this country, you are afforded more freedoms than in most, but a society without rules is called anarchy.

As for tasering the unfortunate wizard, I am certain that he was not permanently injured. The alternative would have been to use physical force to restain and cuff him. If the cops had to use physical force, there would have been a much higher likelihood of causing a real sustained injury to both the cops and Mr. Wizard.

Using the taser, while it appears more barbaric is actually safer for both the cops and the arrestee. They could have maced him, but that would have been much more harmful if not treated right away.

Imagine one of those cops wresting with the Wizard to get his arm behind his back and accidently breaking the arm, dislocating the shoulder, or tearing a ligament in Mr. Wizard's arm. That would have been much worst than a few electric shocks.

Furthermore, if Mr. Wizard submitted after the first shock, there would not have been additional shocks. He refused to stay down and cooperate with law enforcement and got what he deserved.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
BTW, I went to the Coachella website and a pagan festival it is not!

It is an incredible three day concert event. Their website states that children under age 5 are free, so clearly, there would be children there. I wouldn't want my daughter to be subjected to this moron's conduct.

I wish I could go, but I would keep my clothes on.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
I cannot believe how many of you agree with a defenseless naked man being painfully shocked with electricity simply so the police didnt have to deal with it in a more hands on way (and i dont mean beating him with nightsticks).

And you wonder why your country is becoming a fascist state where corporate law rules over truth and justice.

Seriously what would you have done differently if you were one of the cops? He is not complying to the law, so you have to arrest him if for no other reason than you cant appear weak in front of a crowd of drunk/high people, because then some small group of them will start acting crazy just to test you. He resisted arrest so what are you going to do other than man handle him or taze him. Plus he is butt naked so you dont want to get in a wrestling match with him for both his sake and yours.

Yeah, those big bad cops looked reaaal tough kneeing a naked wizard in the chest, pulling his hair and tasering him. That was reeeaaaallll tough.

Personally, they looked liked doof butts to me. The police need to relearn how to handle people without using violence. Sorry people, but no way will I be convinced that 3, count them THREE police officers could not have arrested this guy without resorting to tasering him.

If they had left the man alone, chances are he would have passed out somewhere, and they could have tossed a blanket over him. He was harming NO ONE, not even himself. Well, maybe he could have gotten a sunburn, and that would have been painful.

Personally I think Bush and Co. should all be lined up, please with clothing on as the thought of seeing those fogies naked makes me a bit nauseous, and then tasered over and over like this naked wizard was.

Who would deserve it more? Bush and Co. or a naked wizard? Who do you think it is more likely to happen to? LOTS of people break laws, but guess who gets punished for doing so? Well, it is not the PTB.

And yes, I saw the knee drop into the chest, that was the point I felt that the police had stepped way over the line, or maybe it was the tough hair pulling that pushed me over the line?

Personally, I would not run around naked, but I do not see where this wizard was harming anyone, come on people, it is not like he was grocery shopping, or running around an elementary school, he was at a festival where people EXPECT things like someone possibly being nude. Not to mention that it was pretty obvious how the crowd felt about the situation.

Protect and serve someone said in regards to police, it seems that these days they protect and serve not the people who pay them, you know us tax payers, but themselves and the PTB.

OH, and I do want to apologize for being cranky yesterday, it happens

Peace

[edit on 24-4-2009 by amazed]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well then you would have been fired by your job as a police officer.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If I was there, to protest the Police brutality and support the Naked Wizard, I would have stripped off my clothes too.

I would have started a Naked Riot!!! Chicks naked, Dudes naked, Chillers naked, Rockerz naked, Emos naked, Skaters naked....etc.

The best thing to do in those situations is overload the cops with work and make their pointless efforts become FUTILE.

Arresting for nakedness....makes about as much sense as arresting someone for having hair.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
LOL, that guy had it coming...
But I dont understand how 3 cops cannot arrest this guy without such a drama. If I grap your finger, wrist or hand I can get you anywhere, in every position I want 9 of 10 times without any damage done.
When things dont work you can try more drastic measurements.

Everybody can learn this, a cop should, within a few martial arts lessons.
You do not have to be a black belt to control a person this way.
It could save the lives of people getting tasered and die.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think people here who believe the police officers were right, are blind to the truth that the way they detained the Wizard, was completely OTT. They were too lazy to adopt a subtle 'approach and pacify' solution.

Here are three videos to explain the difficult situations police officers face everyday. In light of these videos, please justify your stance that the three 30 stone officers couldn't subdue a naked man/hermaphrodite.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

British police in the good old days of pre-911, patriot act, everyone's a terrorist kinda rhetoric, too common today:

This second video shows how a British officer gets headbutted and still doesn't beat the living crap out of the scumbag hoodie:

And lastly, a rather disturbing video of someone headbutting an Australian officer who tasered someone. He was left partially paralysed and unbelievably, the the guy who headbutted and paralysed the officer, got acquitted!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
Am I the only one that sees the big bald cop do a "knee-drop" into the naked fellows groin, as he is on the ground in a submissive position?

3:00/3:01 Watch the big bald cop facing the camera.

EDIT--

Sorry it was the guys chest he dropped all his weight on, no wonder the naked fellow got up and tried to run.

Good thing that part was caught on camera, I smell money for the victim. (My opinion of course)

[edit on 4/23/2009 by adigregorio]

Originally posted by thestink
did everyone miss the part where the cop dropped his knee into the offenders ribcage from about 3 feet?
thats the point at which naked man get's freaked out and the other 2 let him go.
as is the natural reaction of such trauma, once let go he got up and tried to move away.
that's when the cops taze him repeatedly for about 5 min's, holding the tazer directly above his heart on his spine...

I think the "pro-coppers" are missing this part of the video, this is when the naked fellow starts 'resisting arrest'. He tries to flee from further attack, and they taze him.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sorry but when you wriggle around so the cuffs cant get on ya,thats resisting arrest..And when the naked man gets up and runs is tased..Could it be so the naked guy doesnt run blindly into a wall off people,that could possibly hurt a innocent bystander?..No hes just a drunk,or possibly tripping naked guy,hes no harm...Let him be,pease love and nakedness for everyone...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
I think people here who believe the police officers were right, are blind to the truth that the way they detained the Wizard, was completely OTT. They were too lazy to adopt a subtle 'approach and pacify' solution.

Here are three videos to explain the difficult situations police officers face everyday. In light of these videos, please justify your stance that the three 30 stone officers couldn't subdue a naked man/hermaphrodite.

I dont think we have to approach and pacify here in the US. I dont really want to have to pay overtime to 3 police so they can dick around all day(no pun intended) trying to 'approach and pacify'. They told him to put his clothes on nicely. They didnt even have to do that. They could have just arrested him in the firsf few seconds. But they were actually nice until he started to RESIST ARREST!

What are you talking about? They did subdue him. Didn't you see him get kneed, tazed, and cuffed.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't think some of you guys get that Taser's can be very deadly. What I see is 3 untrained overweight cops lacking in the art of hand to hand physical restraint.

I could imagine their training involves doughnuts, coffee and cheeseburgers.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by imitator]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
I don't think some of you guys get that Taser's can be very deadly. What I see is 3 untrained overweight cops lacking in the art of hand to hand physical restraint.

I could imagine their training involves doughnuts, coffee and cheeseburgers.

See I am a glass is half full guy. Tasers are not quite as deadly as if they had shot him
So look on the bright side.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

See I am a glass is half full guy. Tasers are not quite as deadly as if they had shot him
So look on the bright side.

So your thought is, if they didn't have a Taser they could of shot an unarmed naked man with their guns?

I don't think you get it...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

He gets up and runs because one of the cops knee-drops him in the chest.

-----

Watch the video people! He does not seriously resist arrest until the cop knees him.

Indecent exposure is against the law, so is assult. The other cops held the guy down while the big one knees him, that looks like assult to me, as well as the crowd.

Everything else is moot, since he was not under arrest until they were trying to get the cuffs on him. In all honesty I think we are seeing a mixture of "good cops" and "bad cops". Which might explain why there is such a difference in opinion here.

The only good thing to come out of the video is the reaction of the bystandards.

Can you hear the people sing, singing a song of angry men...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It's called Pain Compliance and it is fascist pig behavior exemplified. If the guy is non-violent, then there is no justification for using the taser. Period.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join