It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Wizard Tasered at Coachella

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

I hate to admit it was a great answer. If that is all true than you are a better man than I am.

I only disagree with this.
A) Discipline = actions which caregivers are legally restricted from doing
B) Such actions are necessary in creating boundaries for children

Discipline simply means creating boundaries and enforcing them. This is not illegal or wrong unless you become abusive. In fact, I would say it is wrong not to set boundaries for your children. Its your job to teach them right and wrong.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Awww poor ladd, totaly out of this world. Think he's either drunk or stoned or maybe both.

Police brutality? NO just stupid laws in my opinion! What is left of FREEDOM? And whats so wrong with being naked publicly?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
You honestly feel that it's "reasonable" to respond to a nonviolent offender by kneeing him in the gut, tackling him and tasing him repeatedly?

The cops were more than reasonable.

Don't resist arrest if you don't want to get tazed. Simple enough, no ?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
It is also reasonable to point out that the 3 police officers were able to do what they did while hundreds of scared and pathetic onlookers, afraid to act did anything.

So the crowd should have jumped the cops

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

Schaden
Its a lost cause trying to explain it..There will allways be minds like this,people justify phedifilia if its rational to them..

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The police do things like this and wonder why nobody respects them?

This man was not resisting arrest for one simple reason:

THE POLICE NEVER TOLD HIM HE WAS UNDER ARREST.

If an officer lays hands on you in any circumstances that are not a clear threat to that officer or others' safety, without first announcing to you that you are under arrest, you have every right to resist that physical contact and treat it as a physical assault.

These officers should be put to trial like the thugs they are.
Nothing justifies the actions of the police;

At the 3:00 mark the bald cop drops his full weight on one knee on the naked man's celiac plexus, a potentially deadly maneuver, as it can cause cardiac arrest.
Celiac Plexus

Not to mention multiple taserings over his heart, on his collarbone, the neck, base of the skull. All vital nerve areas, vulnerable to permanent damage from electric shock.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say they were trying to kill him.

[edit on 4/25/2009 by nasdack24k]

[edit on 4/25/2009 by nasdack24k]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
also the cop says

"you can have a great time, or you can have an even better time if you put your clothes on"

Sounds like they were offering getting dressed as a suggestion...

Doesn't look like they allowed him to have a great time.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

wrongo..the first cop let it slide the second did not..when the wizard touched the cop it can be considerd battery..

"A battery (Penal Code, sec. 243) is, essentially, the willful use of force or violence upon another. This means, any physical contact with another person, to which that other person has not consented. An assault (Penal Code, sec. 240) is basically an attempt at a battery. " as cited from www.criminallawyerla.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
reply to post by Schaden

Schaden
Its a lost cause trying to explain it..There will allways be minds like this,people justify phedifilia if its rational to them..

Pedophilia is not justifiable by any means in my opinion. It is a heinous offense, so it should be taken seriously. However, this man is neither aroused (obviously) nor does he seem to have any interest in any children who may possibly be in the area.

I've had the misfortune of meeting a few pedophiles in my life, all of whom were manipulative and secretive, rather than open like the man in the video. Oh, if only it were so easy to spot perverts, then maybe I wouldn't have to be constantly suspicious of men around my daughter.

There are certainly pedophiles. Pedophilia is an inexcusable crime. If we accuse innocent people however, I think we put ourselves at risk to overlook the real criminals.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

once again its a matter of opinion..I agree that it is a terrible offence,but some people in this world do rationalize it,the same way people rationalize public nudity..Its wrong to some but right to others.BUT illegal regaurdless of opinion...Im not saying that the people here who condone public nudity also condone touching kids..just an example of ass backwards logic..my opinion..

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
reply to post by nasdack24k

wrongo..the first cop let it slide the second did not..when the wizard touched the cop it can be considerd battery..

The first cop did let it slide, but actually, the second cop initiated the physical contact. The naked guy tried to brush him off and it escalated from there.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm going to start packing my Tazer to public events...

If I see anyone hurting another individual, police or not, they're getting tazed...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine

Pedophilia is not justifiable by any means in my opinion. It is a heinous offense, so it should be taken seriously.

There are certainly pedophiles. Pedophilia is an inexcusable crime. If we accuse innocent people however, I think we put ourselves at risk to overlook the real criminals.

I agree with having to be careful.

By the way I have a habit of correcting people here, pedophilia is not a crime
The act of molestation or rape IS a crime which is what your saying. Pedophilia is a state of mind.

edit: Im actually a bit confused on the word, it seems people use it to refer to both subjects. What I was trying to say was, there is an actual difference from a sexual disorder and an actual crime being commited by the person with a sexual disorder.

p.s I also have a habit of confusing myself haha.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I'm going to start packing my Tazer to public events...

If I see anyone hurting another individual, police or not, they're getting tazed...

Kudos to you. Why didn't any girls in the crowd have pepper spray?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I agree, those cops should have been rushed. Better yet, someone from the crowd should have got naked and others should have followed. See how the cops go about tasering 200 people.

Redpillblues, you are ex-military and your acceptance of their level of restraint is a worry. I just can't believe you see that what they did was okay. A simple arm-lock would have got him where they wanted - on the floor, ready to be cuffed. Perhaps you didn't see the sternum knee-drop and multiple tasers to his throat/neck area, that's what turned my stomach.

You are right that perhaps he was breaching some archaic law, but please understand the way they went about resolving the situation is intolerable and unjust. Just an overt act of pathetic bullying and [snip] like that shouldn't be wearing a uniform.

Censor circumvention removed

[edit on 25/4/09 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Ok..If I was running around naked and telling the cops no,then getting touchy feely with them,I would be man enough to get what I get if I test them..Thats what this was..
if this happend back in the 50's he woulda been beaten black and blue..
I tested a D.Instructor once,i got the snot beat outa me and sent to the brigg..I knew what I was doing,and excepted the punishment..
But different strokes for different folks..

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Dude,

The guy sure as heck looked high as hell on something. THey drained the taser on the guy and he is still resisting arrest and trying to wrestle with the cops. The cops are telling the guy to chill out and relax after the incident. Say what you want about his pagan rights to run around naked in public, but that dude was hopped up on something, was running around naked in public, and was resisting arrest, which only went down after the cops tried in vain in a very nice way to get the guy to put his clothes back on.

Also, that guy has got to have the smallest wiener of any man on earth. that was seriously sad...not the taser...the guys lack of endowment. If I was that small I would not run around naked in public.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

I agree with having to be careful.

By the way I have a habit of correcting people here, pedophilia is not a crime
The act of molestation or rape IS a crime which is what your saying. Pedophilia is a state of mind.

edit: Im actually a bit confused on the word, it seems people use it to refer to both subjects. What I was trying to say was, there is an actual difference from a sexual disorder and an actual crime being commited by the person with a sexual disorder.

p.s I also have a habit of confusing myself haha.

I understand what you mean. Yes, I was referring to pedophilia as an action, rather than the mental/emotional/sexual (w/e) disorder. I'm sure there are those who suffer from it but never act on it.

There was more I was going to add, but my husband keeps interrupting me to go off about the Flu thread and I can't remember where my train of thought was leading me.

Anyway, in response to the (other poster's) analogy that rationalizing acting on pedophilia has any relation to rationalizing public nudity....

Child molestation and rape = harmful to the victim
Public nudity (without arousal) = potentially offensive to bystanders, but harmful only to the offender when tased by police

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join