It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Wizard Tasered at Coachella

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

In all seriousness, they could have killed this poor wizard.

Yep depending on his health, emotional state, heartbeat etc it could have been much worse!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

You're making assumptions there as well. You're assuming that he isn't reaching for the cop's gun. I'm going to go ahead and guess that the cop isn't psychic, so he had to go ahead and do what he felt was necessary to protect himself and the innocent bystanders standing around. Even reaching in the general direction of a cop's gun is just a bad idea, whether he was reaching for the gun or something near it or something else entirely. He would have never been on the ground in the first place had he just put his clothes on, or let them arrest him peacefully. He chose to escalate it to the next level, not them.

He broke the law. He resisted arrest. He paid the consequences. He had plenty of chances to put his clothes back on. Completely refusing that, he could have let them arrest him. He did neither, he refused to put clothes on, and he resisted arrest.

I don't have any smypathy for him, he broke the law, twice.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Pimpish]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Ok maybe I shouldn't of bashed the guys physical appearance.
I'll admit a wrongdoing on my part there.

Regardless, I am not going to fully take sides of either one, I cannot.

The cops seemed way to overly forcefull on the pro-nudist man. They nudist man, also could if all reasoning used, could not of expected to just run around naked, and have everyone completely ok with that.

In this town, we had a 65 year old addicted to something, man run around a Dollar General naked for two hours before being subdued, which he was then beat to a pulp, they released him from jail, to find only two hours later he was at the SAME dollar general completely naked running around.

He had a mental illness, almost positive. But in a society like this, you can expect these things to happen and the shock and awe of police brutality is really quite expected.

Both parties were wrong. Baseline of this post.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I propose a new law. This law will require the police to taser any grown adult who thinks he is a wizard, regardless of whether he is naked or not

Then I propose once that is passed we expand it to incude anyone who thinks they are a character from Star Trek, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, etc. You will be found guilty on site if you are an adult wearing any costume of this nature except for on Halloween.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
And, keep in mind too that these cops knew they were being watched and video taped. Imagine how they would have behaved if they thought nobody else was around to witness or tape them. No doubt the perp has some kind of mental problem (probably brought on by the embarrassingly tiny size of his package, ha). Truly unprofessional how they handled this, like another video I saw where the oiks tasered this dude having some kind of diabetic reaction/episode. They were beating on the poor fellow as if he was some kind of drunk that had one to many. This only reinforces my long held belief that most cops were those bullies we also had to deal with back in our high school days.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I sure am happy that I live in a City with Open Nudity Laws to protect the rights of citizens who decide to let it all hang out. It's funny too because we had *MORE* nudists running around town every day when it was illegal. The moment it became a protected right and was perfectly legal we now have only one regular nudist running around town.

Everyone in the city was fine with it for years until that one nudist wanted to walk nude in the annual parade. Of course the "Think of the Children!" uproar happened. The city finally decided that even though the it was her legal right, they decided that the law didn't apply to the annual parade. It's not like those same children hadn't seen her running around town or riding her bicycle nude the other 364 days a year! Geez!

I've been to Coachella before. It's not Burning Man, but most of the people who go are open minded enough not to be bothered by some crazy old man tearing off his clothes. However, this is precisely what happens when you allow the Police into a Private Event. The Police are enforcing Local Laws on Private Property at an Event that caters to Non-Locals...and these things generally escalate until they get out of control.

To be honest, I'm completely surprised that it didn't spark a Riot at the Event! I would have expected others to come to the guy's defense or at least mistake the Police trying to subdue the guy as a Mosh-Pit (Which the Police would have responded with Gas Gernades, panic would ensue, people would get trampled, other people would get angry and start throwing water bottles at the Police, and eventually you'd have a scene right off the streets of Haight-Ashbury happening.)

Thankfully in the end no one was truly hurt and that is all that really matters.

Still, if you are organizing a Ticketed Event on Private Property, do all of your customers a favor and tell the Police to stay off the property and wait outside if they want to sit around and bust people going in or out for drug use or whatever.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
(probably brought on by the embarrassingly tiny size of his package, ha

As any good wizard will tell you, it's not the size of the wand that matters, it's all in the quality of enchantment.

Though if he wasn't that enchanting they probably would have tasered him for that too.

I wonder if the guy will sue them ...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm fairly certain that he was on shrooms or acid. He was acting like the poster child for tripping balls. Also, bravo on the mushroom growing in the cabbage patch. The guy looked like a ken doll.

Jesus Christ. He should just be tasered for having no shame.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by brigand

It looked like the cops just tasered him so they could rub on him afterwards. At the end of the clip they had a field day rubbing and petting the guy. One cop was even rubbing on him bare handed.

I've heard of homo's that are cops getting sex changes and crazy stuff. This looks like the same kind of crazy stuff. I didn't see any other reason to use a taser with all those cops around.

No wonder they tasered for so long.. it was to put him out cold for their planned after-session.

Pretty sicko.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

So you see it as right to run around naked in public with underage kids around? Interesting. I would consider that a sexual perversion not a right.

If that is what is going on in public, what do Pagans do behind closed doors. I'm familiar with what the real Pagans from history were into.

What possible excuse could you give for it being mandatory that these so called Pagans be allowed to freely walk around nude. If one did it in front of my grandchild, why would I not be within my rights to assume they were a pervert and remove their offending member for them.

What you seem to be saying is that a handful of drug crazed Pagans have the right to infringe on everyone elses rights. I assure you that you will find most of the world is against you on this one.

If somebody starts a religion sodomizing children should that be allowed at a concert? Of course not.

I'll stick with my guns. That guy was a horses ass who deserved what he got and the Officers showed great restraint.

Do you personally run around naked in public?
What religious purpose does it serve? How does it benefit mankind?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yeah because once again: those people all looked SO displeased with the man and where hollering for the police to save them all from the mean & nasty naked man...

I love how you take everything to extremes...What's next, people marrying their dogs! (says the same mentality in the gay-marriage debate).

Once again, how exactly does this hurt anyone (including those poor-poor children!) and what exactly makes it "perverted"? Do tell....oh wise one

Once again, it was the polices' own actions that escalated the scene into a dangerous situation; not the nakedness alone.

Not to mention, is that the only way the situation could have been handled? Well it seems that is how they train "peace" officers these days. Taze'em quick if they look "unusual" or not "normal". It's the American way!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You are making a nasty assumption and have no right to judge. You obviously believe that the NATURAL HUMAN body should be hidden and is shameful. I'm sorry for you.

Nakedness, does not equal "pervert". Otherwise EVERYONE would be a pervert, because guess what, we sure the h3ll are not born with clothing on.

Sometimes, I wonder if those who harp on the human body having to be clothed, have some secret pervert fantasies that they want someone else to control by putting clothing on. Take a grip and control your own pervert reactions to the naked human body, your problems should not have to be anyone else's.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

How does it benefit mankind?

How do clothes benefit mankind?

How we doing since we invented shame and clothing accessories to match?

Good for warmth, walking and a little enslavement on the side, for the spirit, not so much.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
C'mon people, sure some police officers have been a little too quick to use a tazer but this guy was asking for it. First of all I've been to Coachella a few times and although it has alot of art and new-age stuff, it is not a pagan festival; it originated when Pearl Jam played at a rock-free festival to boycott the high ticket prices and service fees from ticketmaster and other venues. Second, even if he was practiceing a religous ritual it doesn't make it legal so stop yellingdiscrimination. Under our law you can believe in any religion without discrimination but it doesn't protect the practices of any rituals or whatever if they're illegal. This ws a public event where people paid good money to attend so even though there were alot of people who were laughing and didn't care there were also alot of people who didn't appreciate it not to metion that there are kids present. What if someone wanted to circumsise a kid or if a followere of voodoo sacraficed a goat? Other then that I posted a good video that shows the whole incident. At first the officers repeatdly ask him to put his robe on and are extremely tolerent with him; at one point the man even puts his arm around one. After a couple minutes of the man refuseing they proceed to put him under arrest calmly and the man resists even with his friend telling him to just stop and put on his robe so they can have fun (If he just put it back on and apologized they probably would have let him stay saying since they didn't arrest him immediatly and the cops at these events are usually very understanding and "get it"). After it's clear he's not going peacefully they knock him down to the ground where he still resists and in my opinion the cops were very soft with him. He still fights and one officer pulls out a taser but another one waives him and says no not yet and tells the man he's going to get tased if he doesn't roll over. Even though the man knows he's going to get tased he pushes gets up and almost starts to run when he gets tased. After they stop he still fights and then a cop uses the contact taser. They finally arrest him and he starts yelling "the whole world's watching". This guy knew what was going to happen and was aiming for this hoping to get "police brutality" on tape. The cops already knew there were camers because of where they were and the huge crowd of people around them with their cameras out so they made sure they did everything by the book. This is just another case of a guy instigating cops hoping he'll get a reaction and he got what he deserved. The guys a dumbass and he just wasted a good time trying to look cool.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
rumor has it the wizard was a level 12 warlock and was trying to summon his armor but ran out of mana points so he had to revert to dancing around like a fairy.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
If you were a cop, would you want to have to arrest /scuffle with a nakked man? I didn't think so.

Use the taser and get them cuffed and clothed.

100% agree...They didnt shoot or beat the fellow...they tasered him for compliance...what he was doing was illegal...case closed...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

That guy was not a danger to anybody, and the wizard has not a big magic wand to menace anyone either. : ))))))

There was absolutly no need to tase the guy.

What disturb me most; 3 guys can torture a man in front of a crowd and nobody do nothing.

I would have expected at the very least stones or bottles thrown to policemen.

Nope, maybe I'm too old.

Quite distracting all these threads about Obama to take away firearms, these threads about martial law, tea parties, etc....

It's already there, in people minds......

These events coming and folks will obey and comply to it.

Thus, I don't think PTB are afraid of tea parties.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Am I the only one that sees the big bald cop do a "knee-drop" into the naked fellows groin, as he is on the ground in a submissive position?

3:00/3:01 Watch the big bald cop facing the camera.

EDIT--

Sorry it was the guys chest he dropped all his weight on, no wonder the naked fellow got up and tried to run.

Good thing that part was caught on camera, I smell money for the victim. (My opinion of course)

[edit on 4/23/2009 by adigregorio]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Okay, I know I am a little late to the debate, and if I am repeating what others have said, forgive me.

Freedom of religion/speech/expression: Under the First Amendment of the Constitution states:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
link

This amendment has been interpreted by the Courts, as have all the amendments, and it is not an unlimited right.

As an example, freedom of speech does not protect "fighting words." If your speech is designed to cause public alarm or harm, you may be prosecuted and punished under an appropriate law.

Freedom of religion: The government cannot tell you what god - if any - to believe in, but you cannot practice your religion completely unfettered. What if your religion calls for polygamy (Mormons), the government has the right to pass laws prohibiting that conduct and punishing you if you break the law regardless of religion.

What if you religion called for human sacrifice, should the government stand by and let it happen, of course not.

Here we have a nutty guy on a real cold day braking the law with respect to public decency. The idea of law is to have a society where we can all get along. Just because some people are not offended by the wizard's display, others have the right to be free from his chosen type of expression.

In a society of laws, such as our republic, we agree to live by certain standards. This allows us to co-exist. If he wants to be naked, he should do so at his home. Its like public intoxication. You can get as drunk as you like in the privacy of your home, but we do not have to be subjected to your intoxication in public places.

As far as the force used, if you refuse to allow a police officer to execute a lawful arrest, you will probably get a serious beat down. If you are being wrongly arrested, cooperate fuly and bring a civil rights lawsuit when you get out of custody.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join