It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIS, The Tower of Basel & Secretive Plans for the Issuing of a Global Currency!

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
While the who what and why have been determined, we are still waiting for the when and how a One World Currency will be put in place. We maybe closer than we think along the road to a One World Order!

In an April 7 article in The London Telegraph titled “The G20 Moves the World a Step Closer to a Global Currency,” Ambrose Evans-Pritchard wrote:

“A single clause in Point 19 of the communiqué issued by the G20 leaders amounts to revolution in the global financial order. “‘We have agreed to support a general SDR allocation which will inject $250bn (£170bn) into the world economy and increase global liquidity," it said. SDRs are Special Drawing Rights, a synthetic paper currency issued by the International Monetary Fund that has lain dormant for half a century.

“In effect, the G20 leaders have activated the IMF’s power to create money and begin global ‘quantitative easing’. In doing so, they are putting a de facto world currency into play. It is outside the control of any sovereign body. Conspiracy theorists will love it.”

G20 & Global Currency

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Indeed they will.
The article is subtitled, “The world is a step closer to a global currency, backed by a global central bank, running monetary policy for all humanity.” Which naturally raises the question, who or what will serve as this global central bank, cloaked with the power to issue the global currency and police monetary policy for all humanity? When the world’s central bankers met in Washington last September, they discussed what body might be in a position to serve in that awesome and fearful role. A former governor of the Bank of England stated:

“The answer might already be staring us in the face, in the form of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS). . . . The IMF tends to couch its warnings about economic problems in very diplomatic language, but the BIS is more independent and much better placed to deal with this if it is given the power to do so.”

And if the vision of a global currency outside government control does not set off conspiracy theorists, putting the BIS in charge of it surely will. The BIS has been scandal-ridden ever since it was branded with pro-Nazi leanings in the 1930s.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Globalization Agenda

Reserve Currency Information Thread

Imposing the mark-to-market rule on U.S. banks caused an instant credit freeze, which proceeded to take down the economies not only of the U.S. but of countries worldwide. In early April 2009, the mark-to-market rule was finally softened by the U.S. Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB); but critics said the modification did not go far enough, and it was done in response to pressure from politicians and bankers, not out of any fundamental change of heart or policies by the BIS.

And that is where the conspiracy theorists come in. Why did the BIS not retract or at least modify Basel II after seeing the devastation it had caused? Why did it sit idly by as the global economy came crashing down? Was the goal to create so much economic havoc that the world would rush with relief into the waiting arms of the BIS with its privately-created global currency? The plot thickens . . . .

Switerland, The IMF & The Bank of International Settlements

[edit on 23-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Critical viewing on this found here:
This is a video by the LaRouchePAC, a must watch!

www.larouchepac.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Critical viewing on this found here:
This is a video by the LaRouchePAC, a must watch!

www.larouchepac.com...

that larouche fella.....actually i enjoyed his webcast and i was VERY VERY
relieved that he called out Lawrence Summers the scumbag he is.....and he was right to call out obama on his lack of knowledge on financial issues....because this is no time to be AFRAID to question our "leader" because we are scared his ignorance allows him to be persuaded by supra national financial agenda's parroted by Lawrence summers among others in his cabintet....cause either he is

1. Powerless Puppet

2. careless fool

3. in bed with the globalist financial agenda

[edit on 23-4-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Yes the LaRouch site has some interesting information...and if you liked that one, try this one. It is another must see, and fits right in...and it might answer your question about Obama.

Makes you wonder really what in the heck is going on! But seriously, LaRouch must be taken with care as he is quite the interesting case himself.

edit by bts 04-23-2009

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ive been researching the BIS extensively for the school semester now for my senior paper and I personally find the BIS to be largely over looked in the conspiracy world. I didn't attend my local "tea party" but grievances shouldn't just stop with the Federal Reserve. The BIS is by definition the "central banks of central banks." It is entirely private and pools all the economic research of all its members and implements policy of of that.
I was uninformed of the BIS went I went to Switzerland in 2003 and riding the train through Basil was an experience I didn't understand at the time but I now realize. The security at that train station is incredibly more sophisticated than other stations and it's because the Elitist central bankers that visit the town.
One world currency complaints are funny because SDRs have been used by the BIS since I think 2003 after they dropped the gold Franc. SDRs are one world currency and the BIS's own emergency trading already equates to a unified global banking system. The BIS extensively handles exchange rate issues as well as immediate liquidity crises for particular nations. They can bailout say, British Sterling overnight if need be and the public would never know until the annual BIS reports come out and even then the way they report them wouldn't reveal details.
So countries (except poor Europe under the ECB) still keep the sheep at bay by keeping their local currencies familiar but in effect exchange rates are controlled by the BIS while speculators can still turn profits from margins.

The BIS has extensive protocols on private banking rules like minimum standards( for fractional reserve), derivatives, etc. and so if we're in a global crisis it is the BIS that has failed and it is the BS who should be scrutinized. But this speaks to a looong tradition of central bankers being insistent on operating outside the realm of government oversight. Ron Paul complains about this frequently- how the Fed isn't just private but above any type of law because even private banks are subjected to rules of the game. No rules for the CBs. Greenspan has said this as well as pretty much all experts on central banking- they are outside the law. And we're all supposed to accept they'll work in our interest even the BIS is private and all but a few of its members (eg the bank of India) are private. hmmm...
Actually is only since 2001 that it's shareholders were ONLY CBs. Apparently, up until then a handful of Elitist CB related economists collectively held like 13% of BIS shares. I guess that in 2001 when they made the desicion to reduce the shareholders to only central banks themselves and not individuals, the latter were pissed. This included Greenspan who actually threatened to sue the BIS but alas the BIS is above the law. That's how I read it anyway.

In recent years, the BIS characters had definitley been influenced by the Larry Summers mafia it would seem. Even more so look at the G30- it's got like a third of Summers' cronies and himself! He's a smart, smart economist but likely pure evil.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I've decided to try and sit back with contributing to the whole swine flu thread stuff. It's just too much threading. Anyways, one connection I would link the flu scare with the BIS is that the new BIS governor is the CB director of Mexico!
He assumed managerial position only a few months ago- perhaps to best help the BIS members smooth the process of a massive Mexican economic transition?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
I've decided to try and sit back with contributing to the whole swine flu thread stuff. It's just too much threading. Anyways, one connection I would link the flu scare with the BIS is that the new BIS governor is the CB director of Mexico!
He assumed managerial position only a few months ago- perhaps to best help the BIS members smooth the process of a massive Mexican economic transition?

Understood, and thank for posting this! It is worth an indepth investigation!

Maybe this is why the media hyped the Swine Flu Epidemic!

The Massachusetts Senate has unanimously passed a pandemic flu preparation bill that has languished in the Legislature before the recent swine flu outbreak.

The 36-0 vote today sends the measure to the House. Both branches have taken it up in past years, but have not been able to agree on the details.

The new Senate version would allow the public health commissioner — in a public health emergency — to close or evacuate buildings, enter private property for investigations, and quarantine individuals.

The 36-0 vote today sends the measure to the House. Both branches have taken it up in past years, but have not been able to agree on the details.

It is not to late to stop this! Call and e-mail now! We need to mobileize on this!
Otherwise...this is our future!

The bill specifically mandates the following:

(1) to require the owner or occupier of premises to permit entry into and investigation of the premises;
(2) to close, direct, and compel the evacuation of, or to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated any building or facility, and to allow the reopening of the building or facility when the danger has ended;
(3) to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated, or to destroy any material;
(4) to restrict or prohibit assemblages of persons;
(5) to require a health care facility to provide services or the use of its facility, or to transfer the management and supervision of the health care facility to the department or to a local public health authority;
(6) to control ingress to and egress from any stricken or threatened public area, and the movement of persons and materials within the area;
(7) to adopt and enforce measures to provide for the safe disposal of infectious waste and human remains, provided that religious, cultural, family, and individual beliefs of the deceased person shall be followed to the extent possible when disposing of human remains, whenever that may be done without endangering the public health;
(8) to procure, take immediate possession from any source, store, or distribute any anti-toxins, serums, vaccines, immunizing agents, antibiotics, and other pharmaceutical agents or medical supplies located within the commonwealth as may be necessary to respond to the emergency;
(9) to require in-state health care providers to assist in the performance of vaccination, treatment, examination, or testing of any individual as a condition of licensure, authorization, or the ability to continue to function as a health care provider in the commonwealth

Any person who knowingly violates an order of the commissioner or his or her designee, or of a local public health authority or its designee, given to effectuate the purposes of this subsection shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or by a fine of note more than one thousand dollars, or both.

news.bostonherald.com...=news&position=also

www.infowars.com...

Edit to add that I posted a seperate thead for this...IMO we need to try and stop this!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I got that mostly correct. It is in fact Guillermo Ortiz who became CHAIRMAN of the Board of Directors, which is the main acting body of the BIS. He's been affiliated with the Bank of Mexico for some time as he's a very good economist but I get the impression the Bank of Mexico is very much in the interests of Mexico's private rich.
The fact that he's been a G30 member for quite a while tells me he's aligned with the Larry Summers Mafia as the G30 is very much made up his cronies.

Check the thread I started on the BIS:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah

Check the thread I started on the BIS:

Good work! I had not seen that untill you posted it here! Interesting, is it not how it is so "in the dark" and most people have not even heard of the BIS. Say it, and most have the look of "who"!

No doubt there would be some connection to Summers and Ortiz.
Sinister, especially in light of this new Pandmeic!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

They all just met again, and each time, they get more publicity!

The Bilderberg Plan for 2009: Remaking the Global Political Economy

Central Bankers
Of course, among the notable members of the Bilderberg Group, are the world’s major central bankers. Among this years members are the Governor of the National Bank of Greece, Governor of the Bank of Italy, President of the European Investment Bank, James Wolfensohn, former President of the World Bank, and Nout Wellink, on the board of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS).[28] Jean-Claude Trichet, the President of the European Central Bank was also present.[29] There is no indication that the Governor of the Federal Reserve, Ben Bernanke was present, which would be an odd turn of events, considering that the Federal Reserve Governor is always present at Bilderberg meetings, alongside the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, William C. Dudley. I have contacted the New York Fed inquiring if Dudley visited Greece or went to any meetings in Greece between May 14-17, or if another senior representative from the New York Fed went in his stead. I have yet to get a response.

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the link to globalresearch's coverage- always good info there.
Again I was yelling in the wind on BB:
GR's attendee list doesn't surprise me much. Geithner has been going for years now. And quite frankly Berstanke's attendance isn't really necessary IMO. but it would however seem to be against tradition. I can't believe Kissinger, and the other old schoolers are even alive (reptilian DNA?)

As for the BIS, I could see the IMF assuming a singular leading role for a global CB but where would that leave the BIS?- which has a loong history/tradition, CB prestige/ elitism, and ties to Nazism (things which BBers seem to value) and besides I would guess the BIS currently has a far superior (insider) logistics network for CBs than the IMF. If a global banking system went totally to the IMF much of the BIS would be absorbed into it.
Whatever happens SDRs aren't going anywhere.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
ya the BIS has escaped much scrutiny in the press ....but so have most other central banks............although i guess the BIS has been given a free pass even in conspiratory circles....

I must say even more economists are opening their eyes to the possibilities of bigger agenda's.......

www.bestmindsinc.com...

thinks that when the current policy's back fire the IMF's GLobal reserve currency (SDR) will likely share the post with a NEw global regulatory agency to save us for our own good.

good video burn the ships

fun times we are in....next 3 years will be a blast

[edit on 30-5-2009 by cpdaman]

top topics

join