It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Nasa Research; Clean air causes global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
**My first time posting something from an external source**

I read this article over at The Register and i had to get our buffs to look over this info, i need eyes, ears, and brains that know something, here it is New Nasa Research.

Here is something from that page

New research from NASA suggests that the Arctic warming trend seen in recent decades has indeed resulted from human activities: but not, as is widely assumed at present, those leading to carbon dioxide emissions. Rather, Arctic warming has been caused in large part by laws introduced to improve air quality and fight acid rain.

So now, instead of C02 being the culprit, its the lack of sulfides. However when you read the data, even though the world has gotten warmer, the temps in the Arctic are climbing rapidly since about 1890 after the introduction of the diesel and gasoline engines.

I wanna know when they are gonna fess up and tell us the truth. Global climate change is real, and its caused by a combination of everything rather than trying to point the smoking gun at one thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Your headline is inaccurate.

The study (and the article) is about arctic temperatures not global affects. And it does not say clean air causes warming.

The regions of Earth that showed the strongest responses to aerosols in the model are the same regions that have witnessed the greatest real-world temperature increases since 1976. The Arctic region has seen its surface air temperatures increase by 1.5 C (2.7 F) since the mid-1970s. In the Antarctic, where aerosols play less of a role, the surface air temperature has increased about 0.35 C (0.6 F).
www.nasa.gov...
The chart shows virtually no effect on global or antarctic temperatures (as brought about by "clean air" laws.
www.nasa.gov...

The study shows that the reduction of sulphate emissions, along with the increase in black carbon emissions, has a warming effect.

Since decreasing amounts of sulfates and increasing amounts of black carbon both encourage warming, temperature increases can be especially rapid. The build-up of aerosols also triggers positive feedback cycles that further accelerate warming as snow and ice cover retreat.
www.nasa.gov...

According to the computer model it is not "clean air" that causes warming. What it shows is that aerosols do affect climate. This is a topic of a lot of study.

[edit on 4/23/2009 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
And yet there was recently another study with another computer model which said that there is evidence that the warming in the Antarctic has been caused by warmer oceans, and not by atmospheric CO2, and yet other research has shown that the melting of glaciers has been caused by an increased in magmatic activity. But of course there are some people that want to deny this despite the evidence.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
oh well nevermind then.

Glad i posted it here, i read it wrong

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
ok, i'd rather have clean air, thank you very much.

a

b

c

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think whenever these guys approach the global warming or climate change issue... whatever reason they try and pin it on (CO2, acid rain, warming oceans, etc) they will always find "proof" that's what is causing it. It's like they're trying to put a puzzle together but shoving the wrong pieces together just to make them fit. I bet they could do a study and claim they found green grass makes the climate warmer... break out the flamethrower!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
And here I thought that the Global Warming debate was over. Consensus science -- Pfft!

Water vapor is the largest contributor to the green house effect. Perhaps we need to tax and regulate it as well. Why not tax each individual atom while we're at it.

Why not talk about real environmental issues like: massive polluting of our oceans, clear cutting and errosion, fresh water shortages due to over use and pollution, widespread use of depleted uranium, land mines, Orbital Pollution, development of weapons of mass extinction, etc, etc.

Now we hear that the government is working on plans to spray aerosolized chemicals into our atmosphere to alter climate effects. What?! You mean Chemtrails? WTF?!

So please, spare those of us with a brain the absurdity of laying the blame of a statistically insignificant increase in over-all temperature on one of the essential life-giving gasses.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Smack]

top topics

join