It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell is a Conspircacy Theory- Proved False, From The Bible

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by Imago Dei

NEVER

The truth always comes out in the end, I hope you are around to see my so called lies are actually the truth.

I say you are lying, you say I am lying. You have your scriptures, I have mine.

This is where we agree to disagree, but I will continue to tell people about what the bible has always taught on this subject, and yes am very proud of this truth.

Perhaps you should consider that Christianity imported this doctrine from paganism

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes we will have to agree to disagree, But no I don't consider that anything in the bible has been taken from paganism, quite the contrary, as far as I am aware, true pagans, dont carry a bible around and quote it to back up what they believe. And if you really want to pick a fight, you can carry on with that Pagan line of thought and you will have one.

In the strictest sense, paganism refers to religions of ancient Greece and Rome as well as surrounding areas. It originated from the Neolithic (Stone Age) era. The term, pagan, is derived from the Latin word, paganus, (note the word anus is part of it which could be interpreted to mean; most of it is hot air blown out of one's anus) or a country dweller. The pagan usually has a belief in many gods (polytheistic), but only one is chosen as the one to worship which represents the chief god and supreme godhead.

Also I would apprecaite it if you wouldn't resort to wickepedia to back up your arguements, its a definate sign of weakness if you need to do this.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Imago Dei]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

If you love something, you will set it free. If it loves you, then it will come back.

It's not god that separates them, and as the footprints poem goes, they are not really separate(such is impossible as you say). It's just that for that person, they feel they are separate and they are unable to recognize the father within them etc.

However, in the end all things of the father will return to the father. So the thought of eternal hell is a huge stretch, not to mention completely incompatible with a loving father.

Matthew 7

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow14
I don't know why so many people STILL refuse to see that Satan was an invention of the bible writers based on the older Sumerian battle between Enlil (god) and Enki (god's adversary)

Read this book and tell if there's no satan.
The devil and Karen Kingston
hbcdelivers.s439.sureserver.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Also I would apprecaite it if you wouldn't resort to wickepedia to back up your arguements, its a definate sign of weakness if you need to do this.

Nah I don't agree, Wiki is pretty much an all round unbiased source of information, I don't always agree with it. But as far as presenting standard information it's hard to beat.

Sooo ....

In case you missed it

The modern English word Hell is derived from Old English hel, helle (about 725 AD to refer to a nether world of the dead) reaching into the Anglo-Saxon pagan period, and ultimately from Proto-Germanic *halja, meaning "one who covers up or hides something".

Hellfire is a Pagan philosophy, and the early church picked it to make some coin and scare and control people. And it has worked well for centuries(evidently it's still working on some people) but I am glad we can now deny ignorance on this subject

After all that's why people come to ATS, they don't come here to hear the same old gibberish that has been spouted off by the clergy for decades.

That's why this thread has 40 flags, people want to hear the truth on this, not your tired old scare tactics.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

(GET THAT IT'S PRETTY CLEAR "DIE" WE ALL DIE) before we enter into eternal LIFE.

God's warning to Adam and Eve was pretty clear if you ask me. They did NOT exist before God created them, and to that same state of non-existence they would return if they disobeyed.

Maybe, according to you, God forgot to warn Adam and Eve that their punishment for disobeying was "eternal LIFE" of torture..... AFTER dying and returning to dust.

Maybe, a "Imago Dei" Bible translation" would be better, so that you can fill in all the "missing" verses that God forgot to inspire to make this ridiculous doctrine true.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
OK so you are saying that 1. body turns to dust.2the soul goes or maybe Angels take you to Paridice.Or you go to hades for torment for a while, till the day of judgement or so called the ressurction.3.The spirit goes to the creatior or does it. Ive heard say that the spirit stays with the soul .the holy spirit some how attaches with the spirit I came with or Born with as God breathed spirit into my nostrils.so now its time for judgement I believe God says your not worthy to enter the gates of heaven but Jesus says hes with me or your name is found written in the book .Ok so you are found in heaven and all that entails A new body to transport the eternal soul and spirit. A mansion to check out. loved ones to greet you know good things. or youn thrown in the lake of fire not good, bad things, much pain and gnashing of teeth,or its just that you did not want God in your life
so your a lost soul ,agony on end for ever.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Can you help me out with this one thanks.
Gee no one liners .so what do you believe where I went wrong?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
i remember reading somewhere that the only depiction of Hell as the place with fire, brimstone, and a monstrous Devil walking around, was taken from Dante's Inferno...

...people just took is seriously is all, because we know how gullible people were back then, and still are today...

but yes, you're correct in saying that Hell is really sheol, which means the grave...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Finally we have some sense back in this thread. Bluejay, I had to star that last comment. Enjoy it because I don't give stars out often.... not that I don't want to or that you don't deserve it... just because I usually forget to. This is one topic in which JW's and LCG does agree on and I'm happy that we see the truth in this topic. From the sounds of his language, our dear "doom and gloom" friend sounds like an aussie (I love Australia. Perth and Fremantle are cool!). Beyond the guy's kick @$$ country, I feel no need to talk to him. He made up his mind about us a long time ago on this thread and rendered us as "cults" and "luciferians" so I have no use in trying to convince a hardened heart. I rarely do this as well but I feel the need to add him to my "foes" list. Not because I hate him, but because we can't see eye to eye. Not that we have to agree, but he seems as though he doesn't know how to agree to disagree. Only two others are on my "foes" list. I hope he feels privilaged.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Nah I don't agree, Wiki is pretty much an all round unbiased source of information, I don't always agree with it. But as far as presenting standard information it's hard to beat.

Sooo ....

In case you missed it

The modern English word Hell is derived from Old English hel, helle (about 725 AD to refer to a nether world of the dead) reaching into the Anglo-Saxon pagan period, and ultimately from Proto-Germanic *halja, meaning "one who covers up or hides something".

Hellfire is a Pagan philosophy, and the early church picked it to make some coin and scare and control people. And it has worked well for centuries(evidently it's still working on some people) but I am glad we can now deny ignorance on this subject

After all that's why people come to ATS, they don't come here to hear the same old gibberish that has been spouted off by the clergy for decades.

That's why this thread has 40 flags, people want to hear the truth on this, not your tired old scare tactics.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

Deny the truth I think you meant to say? Do I get a gold star for this one too please? Huh huh do I huh? I'll believe what you believe and denouce the truth if I can have one, I just want to get along with everyone and be everybodies bested friend, because no body likes me.

Thats the problem with the truth, people dont like it. Chumps!

If you love something set it free if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't, hunt it down and kill it...

Calm down disinf merchants, that's just a joke don't go gettiing your knickers in a twangle.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Imago Dei]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

What's with the name calling? Chumps? Here's a lesson in christianity. What's the definition of a "chump"?

Answer: A person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of.

What is the definition of a fool?

What does the bible say about calling your fellow bretheren "fools"? Can you figure it out? Here, I'll make it easy for you....

Matthew 5:22
Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Proverbs 28:26
He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, but whoever walks wisely will be delivered.

You systematically put yourself in danger of hell fire just for calling us "chumps" or "fools". They both mean the same thing. According to you, you are in danger of burning and suffering for eternity. According to me, bluejay, holywar, and miriam (if she shows up), you will simply burn to death and be forgotten. But at least you're not "condemned" to hell. You are simply in "danger" of hell fire. Be careful what you say to people Mr. Bible believer. Don't believe in everlasting Hellfire "in your heart" or "with all your heart" because that makes you a fool according to the bible in proverbs 28:26. Remember "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks."

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
Finally we have some sense back in this thread. Bluejay, I had to star that last comment. Enjoy it because I don't give stars out often.... not that I don't want to or that you don't deserve it... just because I usually forget to. This is one topic in which JW's and LCG does agree on and I'm happy that we see the truth in this topic. From the sounds of his language, our dear "doom and gloom" friend sounds like an aussie (I love Australia. Perth and Fremantle are cool!). Beyond the guy's kick @$$ country, I feel no need to talk to him. He made up his mind about us a long time ago on this thread and rendered us as "cults" and "luciferians" so I have no use in trying to convince a hardened heart. I rarely do this as well but I feel the need to add him to my "foes" list. Not because I hate him, but because we can't see eye to eye. Not that we have to agree, but he seems as though he doesn't know how to agree to disagree. Only two others are on my "foes" list. I hope he feels privilaged.

But you feel the need to talk about me. Yipee, I'm famous.
Your special, you can hear my language in text written on the computer, wow thats a great trick. Sorry not from Australia, can you please stop posting disinformation about me as well as the bible?? Sheeesh!

Is star guy a JW? Man that explains everything. I've been wasting my breath here totally. Glad a couple of people who are members of two different cults can find some common ground. It's sweet. But then why shouldn't those who worship the same (g)od get a long. NB: small g for god.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

The reference to Australia is in the language you use. Like "bloke" and "no worries." I saw these terms pop out of your messages and they are sayings from "down under." I appolozige for the mistake but only for that mistake. Are you gonna ignore my last post to you? I guess if I was called out on a direct violation of Jesus' teachings and God's commandments, I'd be non-responsive too and work on repentance. Cheerio Mate! (no, I'm not british.)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

What's with the name calling? Chumps? Here's a lesson in christianity. What's the definition of a "chump"?

What is the definition of a fool?

What does the bible say about calling your fellow bretheren "fools"? Can you figure it out? Here, I'll make it easy for you....

Matthew 5:22
Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Proverbs 28:26
He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, but whoever walks wisely will be delivered.

You systematically put yourself in danger of hell fire just for calling us "chumps" or "fools". They both mean the same thing. According to you, you are in danger of burning and suffering for eternity. According to me, bluejay, holywar, and miriam (if she shows up), you will simply burn to death and be forgotten. But at least you're not "condemned" to hell. You are simply in "danger" of hell fire. Be careful what you say to people Mr. Bible believer. Don't believe in everlasting Hellfire "in your heart" or "with all your heart" because that makes you a fool according to the bible in proverbs 28:26. Remember "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks."

wow looking for hidden meanings in words like chump now, what is the greek for Chump? Am I bothered, hell dont last long. Umm you called me a fool...im telling your pastor, you'll be excomunicated for that wont you? Careful what you say to these guys they dont believe in the bible.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

The reference to Australia is in the language you use. Like "bloke" and "no worries." I saw these terms pop out of your messages and they are sayings from "down under." I appolozige for the mistake but only for that mistake. Are you gonna ignore my last post to you? I guess if I was called out on a direct violation of Jesus' teachings and God's commandments, I'd be non-responsive too and work on repentance. Cheerio Mate! (no, I'm not british.)

Applogy accepted. Not sure if I said "no worries" but to be fair your pretty close, I live in New Zealand which is as down under as you can get. I'm from Northern Ireland, we use word like bloke and Chumps there too.

Who ever changes and twists the word of God, is deep deep stook mate, belee dat. I think Black African Americans use that term.

here's anothe word study for the word fool you might want to look into:
1. cozen, dupe, fool, gull, hoodwink, trick, defraud, outwit, entrap, ensnare, betray, cheat. Whch IMO is sadly what your "church" has done to you.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Joke on. I didn't call you a fool. The bible did. I just posted the scripture that refers you to a fool. Don't twist my words around like you do with bible scripture. I noticed that you are extremely new on ATS, unless it's just a new profile but new people on this site tend to get a bit over-zealous of their "information" before researching. I think now you are just making a mockery of this thread and it's about time for the Mods to take action. I'm not saying they will, but they usually come in and kick members off threads or tell them "simmer down" with the rhetoric. You sir, are in danger of the mods as well as hell fire. I don't know which is worse to you.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Joke on. I didn't call you a fool. The bible did. I just posted the scripture that refers you to a fool. Don't twist my words around like you do with bible scripture. I noticed that you are extremely new on ATS, unless it's just a new profile but new people on this site tend to get a bit over-zealous of their "information" before researching. I think now you are just making a mockery of this thread and it's about time for the Mods to take action. I'm not saying they will, but they usually come in and kick members off threads or tell them "simmer down" with the rhetoric. You sir, are in danger of the mods as well as hell fire. I don't know which is worse to you.

Hmmm, I may be relatively "new: here, but I am not new to internet forums. The mods should have thrown this thead into a rant file or trash can ions ago, it's full of lieing conspiriacies and misinterpretation of scripture all by a conglomeration of teamsters who are uniting in disinf, that's against forum guidlines. I now your all on easch others best mates lists. If they havent done it by now, I cant see anything I have done to be worthy of a caution. Your not going to get rid of me that easily.

And if you hadnt bothered talking about me in an open forum, I may have left you to your lieing wonders and let sleeping dogs lie, but that just winds me up mate.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Now why do you have to resort to racism too? Black African Americans? You know, there are white Africans too. There are even Anglo-Americans who talk like that too (unfortunately). New Zeiland? Oh, Australia's bastard step-child? It's okay. Australia is the U.K.'s bastard step-child. Just jokeing. I am from the Atlanta, Georgia United States area. I am originally from out west near Albequerque, New Mexico. I spent 4 years in the United States Navy and took part in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq (regrettably). I've been all over the world thanks to military background and I think Australia was my favorite place to visit. I visited Hawaii, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bahrain, and Australia on my 10 month deployment. Just thought I'd share some background with you to lighten up the thread and mudflinging. Good night to you sir.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Now why do you have to resort to racism too? Black African Americans? You know, there are white Africans too. There are even Anglo-Americans who talk like that too (unfortunately). New Zeiland? Oh, Australia's bastard step-child? It's okay. Australia is the U.K.'s bastard step-child. Just jokeing. I am from the Atlanta, Georgia United States area. I am originally from out west near Albequerque, New Mexico. I spent 4 years in the United States Navy and took part in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq (regrettably). I've been all over the world thanks to military background and I think Australia was my favorite place to visit. I visited Hawaii, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bahrain, and Australia on my 10 month deployment. Just thought I'd share some background with you to lighten up the thread and mudflinging. Good night to you sir.

You too, God bless you for your sevrice. Much respect. Sorry I dont respect your faith, I think you've been duped mate, you deserve better.

Good night to you sir. Listen I will leave you blokes be eh? Just don't talk about me when Im not here in a public forum okay bro. Cheers. All the best.

But in closing, Im not about doom and gloon, Im about the Good news of the gospel unto salvation. Praise God.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Half of ATS is full of misinformation and lies but there's enough of a convincing argument to keep it going. Take the UFO forums for instance. How is it real if the things haven't come down and been caught on network television abducting people? Well, some are convinced enough by a little white dot moving across the sky. The bible, due to a wide variety of translations and mistranslations, can become whatever you want it to become with the right twisting of the words. The topic is debated. Simple as that. As far as the OP goes, he gave a literal meaning of things. Simple concept of what words mean. Hebrew sheol, Greek hades both mean death or grave. All bibles with the word "hell" in place of these two words should replace the pagan word "hell" with proper english translations. Greek tartarus should translate to "prison" or "abyss" as proper english translations. Greek Gehenna should translate "valley of Hinnom" or "refuse pile" for english translation. The Lake of Fire is mentioned by name as the "lake of fire" or "second death." Easy as that. No need for the word "hell." You take this word out of the bible and put in the right english replacements for the hebrew and greek, you get an entirely different outlook... even from your point of view. How is that worthy of being trashed as a plausable thread with undeniable evidence?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join