It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and Geroge W. Bush

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Yes, in fact, 67, America was fopunded on Judeo-Christian morals and principles. Luckily for the slaves. They could have found themselves sold into the hands of sick people such as the ones that are raping, torturing and killing slaves in Sudan right now as you try and warp the truth about America. As a matter of fact, Benjamin Franklin said this "experiment in society" would not even survive but on Judeo-Christian ethics, morals and principles. This statement will be proved accurate, I'm afraid.

As far as referring to this nation as a democracy, you are correct in that it is one, but by insinuating that it this is as it is supposed to be, you are very much incorrect. The words democracy and republic are not interchangeable. Much of our trouble nowadays is from this.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
"Luckily for the slaves"????

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Yes, in fact, 67, America was fopunded on Judeo-Christian morals and principles. Luckily for the slaves. They could have found themselves sold into the hands of sick people such as the ones that are raping, torturing and killing slaves in Sudan right now as you try and warp the truth about America. As a matter of fact, Benjamin Franklin said this "experiment in society" would not even survive but on Judeo-Christian ethics, morals and principles. This statement will be proved accurate, I'm afraid.

As far as referring to this nation as a democracy, you are correct in that it is one, but by insinuating that it this is as it is supposed to be, you are very much incorrect. The words democracy and republic are not interchangeable. Much of our trouble nowadays is from this.

Are you being sarcastic? Like the "Christian" slaveholders in the south did not torture, rape and kill their slaves. In any society that condones slavery there will be torture, rape and killing. Lucky that the slaves had "rightous christian" owners to whip them, rather than Muslims? Slavery is an abomonationunder any religion and to say that a faith supports it is just a corruption of the truth.

XA!OS

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Actually, taking slaves after war or pillaging has been the norm throughout all of (known) history, no matter *what* religion was worshipped. It's only in the more recent times (no more than a century or two) that *some* societies have disdained slavery.

Xaos, you seem to be confusing the difference between "politically sanctioned" (legally accepted) slavery & "religiously sanctioned" (morally accepted) slavery. Even though the base motives differ, the final results look the same to the slaves...

[Edited on 14-2-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Is there any difference between holding human beings in bondage because of politics or religion. In both, people are being held against their will, subjected to toiling, beatings, rape, all because what? Their ancestors lost a battle?

Slavery is a legacy of our forefathers. Not us. We are in a society where all people were created equal and we need to respect that. We do not need slavery any longer, we have machines to do manual labor for us, we have no need for workers.

Most religions oppose slavery because their followers were once in bondage, they know slavery and wish to have no part in it. Indeed, most cultures have roots in slavery, and when the turn to enslaving others, they have forgotten their past.

asox

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well thomas crowne, I'm not kidding and shouldn't really be bothering to say so but if anyone here wants America to survive, then you're going to need to support Freemasonry.

No one has to become one
but it is a secular group WITH the morals of a Judeo-Christian society, and has always been a binding factor.

Problem with America is no one has any morals anymore, and they all think of them as just being here, living day to day, they don't think of themselves as "Americans" or "Nevadans" they just vote (if even that) and go back to their mundane lives.

And groups like Freemasonry, Knights of Columbus, hell even the E Clampus Vitus (Clampers...really funny group you should check it out) have been strong in maintaining a free america, the way the founding fathers wanted it!

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
God damn whoever posted that athiest $hit on this forums of INTELLIGENCE!

I want to direct first everyone's attentions to Benjamin Franklin's quotes.

Notice that this $hithole of a site

www.atheism.org...

left out his EPITAPH! God damn! Ben Franklin's Epitaph reads something like (I am a book, its pages torn out...but the author has rewritten it and bound it in a better form) The author of course being GOD.

Dick head Athiests will twist anything to make it seem our founding fathers were athiests, or if not that, then at least completely anti-religious and barely beleiving in a god.

And then if you go to the George Washington thing, I'll tell you what these athiests are doing, they are quoting the Founding Father's disbelief in letting ONE religion preside as dominant over the others in the USA (Because most were masons and believed that a man's beliefs are his own and sacred) and making it seem that the Founding Fathers had no beliefs themselves, or didn't care.

All the founding fathers as far as I'm aware, went to church, at least infrequently, and GW went regularly.

Also GW gave his speech on the first thanksgiving saying that, "any great nation, needs to seek the blessings of devine providence, to succeed." (paraphrased).

There I'm off to email the writer of this site, and tell her her faults concerning those quotes!

Sincerely,
no signature

PS. Illimatic you're completely wrong, Freemasonry = christian//judeo values, and that was the inspiring factor for the founding of america...it only became hypocrical when people started to do drugs in the late '60s

[Edited on 15-2-2003 by FreeMason]

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:41 AM
link   
People didnt just start using drugs in the late 60's you know. Up until prohibition they were a regular part of life just as much as alchohol. Marijuana was lauded as an miracle crop by Thomas Jefferson and it was regularly grown on his plantation as well as plantations all over America, including George Washington. Cocaine and Opium were available in pharmacy's for use as a drug and also for several other imaginative uses (Abe Lincoln once bought a bottle of coc aine for use as hair tonic). Alchohol too was in regular use by everyone. It was not until prohibition that these things were banned.

XsAO

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
LoL that "George Washington" grew Marijuana is a fairly unfounded peice of crap and I've never found it in a legitimate source...in fact the most LEGITIMATE source I did see it in, was the movie "Dazed and Confused"...

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The idea that hemp was a minor cash crop of revolutionary America is not new... however, the likelyhood that it was smoked as today is remote.

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
God damn whoever posted that athiest $hit on this forums of INTELLIGENCE!

Yeah, God damn me!!!

And right below that atheist sh!t I put a conservative christian link (which is even worse, as it gives no sources at all).
Freemason, I posted them to show both sides of the medal.

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I wasn't criticizing your showing both sides or not, but that Athiest link, the one you provided simply was one sided all the way...it really trashed the Founding Fathers and that is what I was disapproving of, sorry for being so "uninformative".

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I never said that it was smoked, just that it was grown, do you really believe that the only use for hemp is to get high. I mean tobacco is a totaly useless crop, but hemp can be used to make cloth, paper (10 acres of trees creates the same amount of paper as one acre of hemp), various oils, and many other products. But no, we can't grow it because big tobacco would be ruined by its legalization.

To say that drugs only appeared in the sixeties would be to ignore basic human nature. Drugs have been around as long as the first paleolithic man discovered that a certain bark made him happy and made him forget about life.

XAOS!

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Oh come on there's no point in pointing out their growing of hemp if they are only using it to make ropes....you say it like "oooo they grew marijuana, so we should all be able to".

They grew it because it was a primary source of strong rope, we grow it to kill our minds, you do the math.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is going way way off topic but here, I will not back down:

101 uses for hemp

And

Some more

So dont be a knee-jerk conservative, spoting the party line and think!

XAoS

posted on Feb, 19 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Free Mason is Banned! Oh No
, I told him this was going to happen, this might be the cause of certain threads having negative posts. In chit-chat the ebola outbreak thread has -1 and so does another, error error mr. robinson.

has anyone noticed that his attitude has grown steadily worse over this time, and steadily more conservative, is it just me?
XaOs

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join