It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEAL report on what realy happened!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

raggies, wow a bit derogatory dont ya think lol, interseting story i would like to see the link that shows Obama taking credit for this operation as well, i beleive someone asked already but no reply

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i love all the various sources for this story...

"Having spoken to some SEAL pals here in Virginia Beach yesterday and asking why this thing dragged out for 4 days, I got the following"

"I got this from a friend of mine that is an ex CIA spook and he got it from the horses mouth. Draw your own conclusions."

"This came to me from a retired Navy Captain, who said that
the following message was sent to him by a former colleague"

"This is from my old boss at Aberdeen . He’s a retired LtCol. He is a very patriotic American and I value his opinions and sources of info"

and so on and so forth...hilarious!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Blade The Hunter

Man, you sound like the badass SWAT commander in a bad cop movie.
You know, the one that always gets everyone killed.

In the real world, no such thing has ever happened.

Knowing that you rely on movie fantasy to shape your perceptions certainly goes a long way to understanding your thinking and posts.

Revealing insight. Will NEVER be forgotten. Thanks. Now we know.

Maybe Obama could've just called Superman?

Maybe he did, and that's why he made the Navy wait until they finally decided they needed to take "decisive action" on their own (ostensibly against Orders) that Obama never would, unless it was against Americans opposed to his ideology.

"To the Batcave, Robin!"

deny ignorance

jw

[edit on 20-4-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Intersesting, I tought it was Bush that took the rights you so boldly fight for can you please advice if i am wrong about this, as it just seems Obama is carrying on all the work that the previos 5 Presidents of the United States laid down for him.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

so let me get this straight, when you tell 'good' people of the country to leave where will they go, and also what gives any one the right to annihalate another country, I swear a certain man in Iran is calling for the same thing with Isreal and the world is condeming it, what ever happened to whats good for the goose is good for the gander, im sorry but subjagating a people and forcing them to leave there lands due to the actions of a minority sounds very Red to me, and im surprised that this comment comes from a freedom loving freedom preaching american, maybe the issues that are causing these problems should be addressed I mean Afganahistan has been bombed back to the stone age but this has acheived nothing, if anything it has made the problem worse and is a hype machine for most of the people going around killing innocent civilians in the name of allah, what you propose is Genocide, and illegal, but hey that hasnt stopped america before so whats to stop them now, you may get your wish, which will only in turn go on more dvd's that are sold to muslim youth on why they need to wage Jihad on the west, lets not create an even bigger propoganda machine they have enough ammo as it is

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The problem here is not Obama taking credit, etc. It is the fact that people under his command were not clear of what his order was and were not sure how to proceed legally. They are career people and their interpretations are not likely the problem here. It is clear that this man is not militarily experienced enough to give clear orders. I'm disappointed in his performance in this respect because he is now the commander in chief of the world's top military power. His inexperience is again showing.

[edit on 20/4/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by black.sunday2099

By leaving the area I don't mean permanently. They can come back afterward.
If Muslim youth get DVDs to tell them to commit jihad and they listen to it instead of seeing that these pirates need to be taken out then that's their stupidity and they need to be taken out as well. The only way this will stop is to kill them all or enough of them that the rest will rethink their lives. All this there has to be a peaceful solution needs to go. They aren't peaceful, why should any country be peaceful towards then and negotiate or pay ransoms? Kill them all and there's no more worries. Well, unless more take their place, which is fine with me. It's a good way to rid the world of those that only keep our species down. I'm well aware of what my country does and I wouldn't blame any other country for doing something to stop us. This thread isn't about Israel so I won't get started on it, but I do think they need dropped down a peg or three.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Originally posted by Ismail

It is very easy to rely on pathos as an objection to use of force. However, if you are going to criticize posts based on Somalis' status and living conditions, you are quick to overlook, or hide, the true story.

Using incomplete and utterly false qualifications as bases for attacks on ATS members is dishonest and should be called out for what it is: PROPAGANDA:

I think it is a good thing that every other possibility was studied before taking the lives of these pirates, who are poor people, from a starving third world country, trying to make ends meet for their families. I don't expect you to understand this, or even respond by anything other than " Oh, so we should feel sorry for the pirates ?

How foolish of me to overlook the Somali traditions regarding humanitarian aid and diplomacy.

The capture of aid workers has long been a common problem in Somalia, often motivated by kidnappers demanding ransoms. There is no indication that such kidnappings are linked to a recent surge in piracy off Somalia. But the lucrative ransoms pirates have received from ship owners may have emphasized the value of foreigners as hostages in a country where nearly half the population is dependent on foreign aid.

But not all attacks on aid workers are financially motivated. Some are political: the government has accused them of helping insurgents and the insurgents have accused them of being spies. According to the U.N., a total of 35 aid workers were killed in Somalia in 2008 and 26 abducted.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

While remaining firm, America will favour diplomacy to force. This sends out a peacefull message, and a breath of fresh air to your allies, who were getting REALLY pissed off with the bigotted, holy warmongering, and shallow views of your former president, and those of the people he represented.

Yes, Somalis respect humanitarian aid and diplomacy.

April 19, 2009
MOGADISHU, Somalia - About 25 masked gunmen armed with machine guns kidnapped two European aid workers in central Somalia on Sunday, aid workers and a witness said.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

You know nothing of the somalian people and nothing of the hardship they endure. While you lay back in your comfortable sofa, these "raggies" are hacking their food out of a parched desert, which thanks to people who share your condescending views, is also a polluted wasteland. Their blood is the cement of your comfort. Dwell on that for a while. And show some respect.

Do you know anything about the Somali people? If you are going to characterize them be honest in your description. To paint a picture of misery is incomplete and disingenuous (a lie). Tell the whole truth. You have no credibility as an anthropologist, historian, or even an honest blogger.

In Harardhere, the pirates have become like so many Godfathers, building lavish homes, starting fly-by-night businesses, and launching operations involving well-organized networks of people who handle their food, weapons and other supplies. Analysts say the pirates, who operate from high-seas bases called "motherships" -- usually fishing trawlers they have captured -- receive help from people abroad who feed information about cargo ships' schedules in exchange for a cut of ransom.

The more famous pirates also employ entourages of locals, for whom piracy is part blessing, part curse. While pirate businesses have stifled local merchants and thwarted deliveries of food aid to the anarchic Horn of Africa nation, the pirates have also spread their millions around.

Locals say that onshore, the pirates are attended to by prostitutes, nurses, bodyguards and men who procure and deliver their precious khat, a mildly narcotic leaf chewed for its stimulant effects.

www.washingtonpost.com...

We should endure such hardships!

DENY IGNORANCE!

jw

[edit on 20-4-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

you are talking about destroy a whole nation due to the actions of pirates?? Again this is in fact genocide, how can you actually condone those types of actions yet proudly call yourself american and have stars and stripes on your image, I thought these were the vary things the good ole us of a is against and strives to enforce there will on others so they dont carry out these acts, genocide for any reason is a no no and against everything american...simple...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
My mom watched Capt. Phillips on TV giving his thanks to all the parties who did anything to help resolve the crisis including the people who were praying for him. He did not thank the President.. Of that she was 100% positive. IMO that speaks volumes about the role BO played.

Thanks for the post, Zindo. I'd take a Seal's word over anything I'll read from any MSM source.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Freakaloin

First of all. I said in my OP. I got this in its original form from a neighbor through an email. Next I posted that because I wanted to know exactly if what was being said was an actual notice or scuttlebut.
Next. You are impuniing my family when you make comments such as you did about where I got the information. My stepson is a member of the most elite group of individuals in this nation. He holds the rank of Master Chief and has 26 years of service in Navy. He was some of the first to be in Kawait and then again in Iraq. He has an exemplary record and will retire in two years. If you cannot see that I put this here to be perused by the membership to make their own decisions on its validity that is something you have to deal with. I'm not appologising for it. However, I went right to the horses mouth for verification and I sure as hell don't need someone who has not had any of his family in harms way to try to denegrate the post because you have no idea whats behind it.
As far as the language in the post! Yup, it is out of line, but when you designate a enemy you make derisive remarks about them and I wasn't going to bother with the PC that so many hold so dear here and correct it. Hell with that, deal with it, I don't give a damn!

Zindo

[edit on 4/20/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
The problem here is not Obama taking credit, etc. It is the fact that people under his command were not clear of what his order was and were not sure how to proceed legally.
[edit on 20/4/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

Who said this? I don't buy it for one minute. In fact, it makes me so mad I can feel my blood pressure rising and I don't have high blood pressure. These people are career military people and if they couldn't figure out how to proceed they should all be reprimanded severely.

God help all our poor servicemen if this is how our military shows its might.
The truth gets around. Here comes the draft 'cause the re-enlistments are going to drop if this becomes a trend.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

This has been the problem since Viet Nam. Washington micro-manages the battle from their desk tops and all they worry about is how any action would make them look. Not what happens to the men and women in the ranks or the victims they are trying to save! Commanders in the field hav Rules of Engagement they must use or be court martialed for disobeying. It doesn't matter one whit how much experience they have. Their hands are tied by political hacks who make the policy. Thats just the way its done!
Zindo

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail

Five. "Raggies" is a racist and offensive word. You know nothing of the somalian people and nothing of the hardship they endure. While you lay back in your comfortable sofa, these "raggies" are hacking their food out of a parched desert, which thanks to people who share your condescending views, is also a polluted wasteland. Their blood is the cement of your comfort. Dwell on that for a while. And show some respect.

You were doing ok up to the point of stereotyping and talking just pure blow about "Their blood is the cement of your comfort".

We had a large influx of Somali into this area a few years back. They brought all their bullcrap ideas about America with them. They even demanded that the US flag be removed form the classroom where they were learning English at tax payer expense.

Anyway it took them a while to realize that they had been propagandized against the US while they were in their own country.

Also these young boys that go out as pirates are working for mob like bosses that demand a large % of the take. Some idiot resting on his fat rear taking advantage of his own people.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

It is not like there have not been ridiculous ROE restrictions places on American troops before, take Operation RedWng for example 28 members of Special Operations died in one single engagement because 4 SEALs where afraid the media would crucify them over killing some sheep herders who later reported to the taliban where the SEAL team is.

As a civilian I find the whole, you can't shoot unless you have been shot at first thing a bit ridiculous, especially when you have a Ak-47 pointed at you, I can only imagine how the troops feel about this.

Marcus lattrel the lone survivor of this missions stats in his book if it where not for for these ridiculous restrictions the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan would have ended in months, We feel we have to hold our troops up to a higher slandered then the rest of the world and it is costing young men their lives! you don't go to war unless you intend to win, and if you intend to win you need to be bruatily efficient

Now i'm going to say this in defense of Obama (PUKE) I would hope he was hoping for a peaceful solution so things would not escalate as they have. However my gut tells me the man is a coward!

[edit on 4/20/2009 by Verd_Vhett]

[edit on 4/20/2009 by Verd_Vhett]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

Yup, And Marcus Lautrell is the only one who walked away. These folks who are, themselves, armchair warriors need to maybe stop reading 'The Daily Kos" and talk to some of the rank and file to truely understand what they deal with!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
ZindoDoone

this is a fake mass emailer...if you to believe otherwise that's your prerogative. it's your life...live it the way you choose...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I like how racist behaviour is somewhat overlooked and by passed on this web-site, yet if you go off topic it is sensored, wow is this the world we are living in, lets hope all you doom mongers are right about 2012

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wow, that was a great STORY. Not the least bit true...but a great STORY none the less OP!!

My bestfriend as well as my GF's sisters BF were both on the bainbridge when this went down. (I look at the bainbridge every day on my way to work btw =P) Now I haven't talked to anyone yet personally, but I've spoken to my girlfriends sister who has spoken to her BF and he pretty much confirmed what was on the news to be pretty much the truth. Guy jumped out of the boat, the seals took there opportunity and fired rounds.

She said he said it happened pretty quickly. It was like they all saw the guy jump out of boat and then like 2 seconds later the pirates were falling over.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
LOL Raggies. Whenever I hear that, for some reason Scooby Doo pops in my head. I had my suspicions that this is what was going on. The ROE's that Top always sends down is ridiculous, often endangering the people and troops it is supposed to protect. But to anyone that has served before, we all know it is for Top's protection, not ours. The armchair warriors always come up with some new plan of attack without ever having taken contact from an enemy before. It just sickens me of all the bureaucratic BS that we have to deal with. When you fight an enemy that has no ROE's then we shouldn't either. I think we should bring back carpet bombing. There is only so much you can do with a 500lb. bomb or a 81mm adjust fire mission. Because by the time your needing that, you wish you could have started with a carpet bomb. War isn't fair, so why are we trying to pretend it is?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join