It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Satellite Photo of North Korean Train Explosion Faked

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just seen some pictures on tv that have been released showing half a house blown up plus a massive crater

North Korea station 'obliterated'

The blast left a huge crater

BBC
BBC in pictures

Foreign aid workers who were allowed to visit the site of Thursday's train blast in North Korea say they found a scene of utter devastation.
They say the area around the station at Ryongchon is totally obliterated and damage extends for four kilometres.

It was feared hundreds had died but the Red Cross says it does not expect the official figure of 154, which includes many children, to increase much.

By the looks of the blast area there seems to be alot of space in the surrounding on the picture above then compare it to the outher photos taken by the satelite bit fishy huh?

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by SE7EN]

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
this is pretty unnerving. first it was petroleum and gas, then dynamite, now ive also heard that it was 2 cars, one carrying fuel oil and one carrying ammonium nitrate fertilizer. how convenient, a ready made bomb on wheels, that would be much larger than the one used in ok city. there are also rumors in seol about the circumstances. see news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Originally posted by Banshee
I need to look closer at the streets. There's no way I can make out the architecture in the "post" image.

-B.

I retract my suspicions on CBS' satelling images for the time being.
Side-by-side comparison (sorry for the ugliness, quick'n'dirty HTMLing there)

Having compared the two images from the CBS site side by side (as with the original fake images), it seems that the "post" image is taken from further out than the "pre" image. That seems to be why there's no detail in the area immediately surrounding the train station.

This looks like it could well be the first REAL satellite image from the area.

-B.

The pictures are at different magnification levels. Make them match, and the streets will line up. I don't have PS, so I really can't do anything ...

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
is that blast pic a hill top with a forest on it

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
doesnt it feel good that our very own banshee was the first to break this story? Congrats banshee kickin arse and takin names like usual.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
GlobalSecurity.org comes through again with some REAL pictures.
Pre- & Post-Blast comparison

The devastation is....astounding. My god.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What i want to know is why did the media used "fake" images if you could easily find out that they were "fake".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join