It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Ogopogo found?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Source

Tonight, after a rebroadcast of the recent Bigfoot encounters episode, “MonsterQuest” premieres their Ogopogo expedition program.
Here’s some summary information to remind you of some of what you may see tonight

I don't know much about the Ogopogo, but this seems interesting!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Could they have found a carcass of something belonging to a somewhat "prehistoric" animal?

If this turns out to be what was thought an Ogopogo, then what could that mean for the field of Cryptozoology? Would there be more interest in stories regarding Champ, Nessie, Bigfoot etc?

I like to think there would be!

tO

Source

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The recent Nessie episode showed what looked to be a carcass of a monster at the start of the episode.

Then they didn't mention it again until the last minute where they said 'oh it was just clay'.

Monsterquest is hugely entertaining, and I'm usually the first to defend it, but I doubt they will ever prove much.

The Chupacabra DNA is their best success to date, and I don't think they will out-do it.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Apparantley, they have done DNA test's on this aswell though.

They were set to reveal it in the latest episode. No doubt it will turn out to be a possum....

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

Hah. Who knows.

They might pull it off one day. They have a damn better funding base than most Cryptozoology expeditions that's for sure.

I'll have to check out this new episode when I can get a hold of it.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I'd love to see it, as I used to watch the new episodes on youtube, but the user that uploaded them "mysteriously" vanished and I haven't seen a new episode in a few months. Since the giant rats in NY I believe!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

if your talking about the Lake 'monster'...
yesterday, 15 pril, the cable channel 'History Channel'
had found a 18" odd, unidentifable, carcass on the lake bottom...

later DNA identification shown the mass of skin & bones to be a common Salmon... which had deteriorated beyond recognition.. in fact the video footage of the bio-mass looked like one of those deep-sea creatures...

i see how rumors, legends...get a life of their own, even with sophisticated technology and information sharing in this modern age...
let alone when when only word of mouth was the only means of transmittal

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have that episode on tape and plan to watch it later today. I have good friends that grew up on that lake, and they never seen anything. One thing that they do say about the lake is that occasionally see some weird waves. Which is not uncommon for deep water lakes. I always believed that ogopogo was just being misidentified as a rogue wave.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

It looked like a decayed fish to me, and low and behold it turned out to be one. Even the photograph looks like a large fish jumping in the water. It would be nice if someone were able to take a clear photograph or video of a sea or lake monster. Nothing new was learned in this show, like many of the others Monster Quest does. Still, it was entertaining. I never have my hopes up high for these types of programs, especially the ones on the History Channel.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm from the Okanagan, and the existence of the Ogopogo is a part of the native culture there. In Search Of with Leonard Nimoy made some speculations which happened to go with a siting my mother had had, the same day it was shown on the news, at Peachland. It looked like giant snakes, writhing in the water. His show had indicated that the lake was very deep with salt water at the bottom and tunnels that went to the coast and Pacific Ocean, and the possible explanation was giant eel type life forms. It seemed to concur with what my mother saw that was filmed on our trip to Kelowna.

This picture does look like a decomposing fish to me though.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Yeah I just saw the episode myself.

When the camera came across it on the sea bed it actually looked like a sea serpent. But once they picked it up you could tell it was a fish.

Typical monster quest style really. Hype up nothing and then at the end of the episode say 'this expedition has found some great evidence'... yeah... evidence of Salmon.

As I said earlier. I love the show for entertainment value. The bit in this episode about the diver who panicked himself into a fit was pretty edge-of-your-seat but as far as proof goes, MQ ain't got it.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I just can't see how these beasts can cope with all
the pollution that's put in our rivers.

My Aunt used to live up north, near Lake Champlain
and she often commented on the raw sewage etc. that
was dumped into the lakes.

This was a while ago when we spoke of it.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Excuse my ignorance but what the heck is an ogopogo? I've never heard of such a thing! BTW, that image looks like a dead fish or dried up detritus from a ditch.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by X-tal_Phusion

A Ogopogo is a creature that supposedly inhabits
a lake in lake Okanagan in Manitoba... I think.

It's supposed to be a elongated beastie and regularly
shows itself to the tourists!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Okanagan lake, the home of the Ogopogo, is a beautiful large inland lake over 70 miles long with Penticton on the south end and ends up past Vernon actually with many towns and cities surrounding it. Its located in the Okanagan Valley, in British Columbia, Canada.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So it's sort of like the Lochness Monster? It must be a local myth (like the tanuki of western Japan) because I've never heard of it here in Ontario. It's good for tourism but not much else. What physical evidence is there that such a thing actually exists there?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1dd7304257d.jpg[/atsimg]
Tanuki

[edit on 19-4-2009 by X-tal_Phusion]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Mainly the same thing that us experiencers have to contend with. Testimony from very credentialled folk including police officers, doctors, an entire beach, and grass roots people. The day my mother saw it when we were children, near Peachland, BC, my father refused to stop on his way to Kelowna. But when we got home it was filmed and put on the cbc news hour. Very much like a snake like or eel like creature. Sort of supported the Leonard Nimory, in search of show about it.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
So... like the alien abduction/contactee phenomenon, there really isn't any irrefutable physical evidence? Testimony alone isn't going to help much here and the photo wasn't very convincing. I'm not saying it isn't there but I can't say that it is either. There isn't enough evidence either way.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I agree with this photo. Not at all sure what to make of that one. Its not like the eye witnesse accounts of the creature for decades, not to mention the native myths about it. And its not like the video footage that was captured and put on cbc many years ago either. This to me is not the Ogopogo, it looks like a malformed fish, which is quite possible as the Okanagan is an orchard vineyard area, and many sprays are used, as well it has lots of natural uranium in the hills which thankfully they're not permitted to mine. So this could be a mutated fish of some kind.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by mystiq]

top topics

join