It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Pro-Life Advocates are potential terrorists

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

In most cases if people were to just act responsibly, there would be
no need for many abortions. Thus no anti's.

I know this a frustrating issue... so that more laws have to made and
enforced, all because people are not responsible.

The actions of a few are going to make everyone with an idea into a
terrorist. Good luck policing that!

Everyone is aware of where terrorism came from....right?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlternateEnding
In most cases if people were to just act responsibly, there would be
no need for many abortions. Thus no anti's.

I agree, but that would require teaching them how to act responsibly, and about birth control pretty early in life. The problem is the same people who are anti-abortion are for the most part anti-sex education and pro-abstainence, it can't be both ways. I also believe eventually, as science progresses there will be alternatives to abortion that are acceptable to all.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

Go take a quick peek at the history of abortion. It's been around for ages.

I'm sure you also dislike midwives. Herbal medicine? All the plants that can naturally induce abortion? What about women who miscarry? They are horrible demons, hm?

Think what you like and say what you like. In all honesty, I don't care until people start to take away my rights. And even if you did stand in front of me and show me pictures and videos and stories and told me I was a murderer, I'd still get an abortion if I felt that I needed one. Or "wanted" one.

"Stands up and applauds"

This is exactly what he can't stand. He wants the same laws that are prevalent in Afghanistan.

Cover your body, cover your face, do as you are told, and if "salt of the earth" wants to do the nasty, you better comply, even if his body is as filthy as his dogma. His ancestors are from Salem.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

they do need to be put under extra scrutiny for the safety of everyone involved.

Everyone involved? Everybody but the one person who stands to lose the most -- the baby. And what makes you think abortion is safe for the mother? It leads to breast cancer, the spiritual destruction, the grief, the regret, the guilt...

Do you think the people who stand in the rain, sleet and snow day after day for hours on end, such as the Missionaries to the Preborn in Wisconsin, are making anybody unsafe?

My spirit is so grieved that you put absolutely no worth on the baby, that you think that baby is not worthy of the people who sacrifice to try to save it, that nobody should give a second thought about whether to kill it or not, just get on with the killing, get out of my way, do not try to change my mind.

Yet many women have changed their minds at the abortuaries when they see the signs, read the literature, and talk with the prolifers who are there to try to save their baby.

So now prolifers must not only sacrifice their time and personal comfort but also their lives, go to a death camp as a "terrorist" so people like you and the other proaborts posting here can feel "safe?"

This is a nightmare world you are creating for everyone.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn Richter
What happened to judge not, lest ye be judged? Is it really upon any of us to take an eye for an eye? or should we not turn the other cheek, and let God do the judging and retribution work?

You ar emissing his point. We have to adapt ourselves to his ethical and moral view as shaped by HIS religious convictions but he gets to pick and chose those that suit his sence of propriety. I will give him that he has been consistent with this from word one.

Your comments really scare me. Are we a society, that as individuals, once we decide we don't like another's politics it becomes okay to murder them for that?

Yep and thats the mentality we are getting from people like him. As I said before how is this any differnt that Osama Bin laden? I mean ones an Arab but thats about it, the actions, the single focused mentality, and the violence (with asinine justifications) are all from the same playbook.

Thats why these groups and those who support such violent acts need to be labled as terrorists.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I like the way you think! The problem is that not enough people do.

Did you happen to watch any of the u-tubes during and after the election
of interviews with a cross section of America?

Education is key...but uneducated are easier to control and sell drugs to.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
While I disagree with the pro-lifers cause, I also have no joy in watching my opponents be told they're "terrorists" for holding a certain point of view.

Oh I take lots of joy in it after being called anti-American for being against the war in Iraq.

Wasn't Obama called a terrorist over and over?

I'm sorry but these are the consequences that they have to pay...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Considering there is an element WITHIN the prolife movement that likes to blow up buildings it's easy to understand

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Salt of the Earth,

Please go to your Bible and pull up the verses that support the actions of Paul Hill, Shelly Shannon and the others who have resorted to violence in the name of the pro-life movement.

You see, I spent many hours today scouring the Bible and websites looking for them I read a lot of literature, much of it on pro-life sites, which spoke specifically to The Bible and Civil Disobedience. What I found (which was nothing new, as I am very famiar with The Word) is that the Bible in fact does NOT support violence in the name of civil disobedience and upholding God's commandments.

Paul Hill and other Pro-Life extremists are why the movement is being watched closely. Had Operation Resuce or Army of God condemend Paul Hill for his actions and continued to support peaceful intervention, perhaps they wouldn't be considered extremist groups, but instead they praise Paul Hill for his actions.

Please, do not throw out more rhetoric about me turning you in, having you dragged off to a FEMA camp or anything like that, because all it you are doing is throw out a distraction.

Instead, how about you support what you claim is God's will by actually showing us what God actually says about violence in the name of the unborn being lead to death?

It might just do more for your cause.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Christian fundementalists. Muslim fundementalists. All the same to me.
Fundementally flawed.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkultraangel
I think the distinction that needs to be made here is that there is no Orwellian conspiracy against "thought crimes"---you have the right to think whatever you want to, pro-choice or anti-choice, what-have-you. If you express an intent to harm someone who works to assist women in their choice (whether you believe it is right or not) that's a problem. As far as those who are really into gun rights and immigration...it's the same, you have the right to think any way you want. I'm not going to make it seem all rosy though, because I would bet if you went to a rally or demonstration on any of these issues, you'd probably get placed on a "list"

We live in a scociety that says do not judge others while others judge us. Be politically correct but to avoid stepping on this persons toes you step on that ones. I am from a multicultural background and the only race that i think should be recognized is the human race. The rest is all just variations in color. But that said until the governemnt can garantee jobs for all citizens and deal with the poverty and starving children that live right here in our country then all immigrants should be kept out.

This is not a race issue. Regardless of race, creed or religion ... if oyu aren't from here then stay out. Most Americans living below the poverty level can't get the government to give them help with anything yet they will toss good money after bad at people moving here form other countries. I crushed a vertibra in my neck at work and had to fight for 3 years to get funding to retrain. Meanwhile a britsh guy i know comes off the plane with nothing but a backpack and in under a year teh governemnt had bought him a home and a business which he ran into the ground. then they paid his way through the same courses that i took. Then i get to go out and compete with him for work. It just doesn't make sense.

I think many people realize that the government is trying so hard to please veryone that they are pleasing no one. I think the government needs to make sure they look after the peopl ehere before allowing others to weaken the system even more.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
One reason for this notion (that some pro-life people might become terrorists) is that some pro-life people have committed acts of terrorism, including the bombing of abortion clinics, murder of physicians and other workers in the clinics, and stalking and terrorizing women who sought treatment there.

This is terrorism. This memo is doing nothing besides stating what is already history. Some of these folks committed acts of terrorism. It's that simple.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow was this thread derailed. Instead of discussing the real issues which are the fact that people who believe that local and state government should have authority vs federal are being called right wing terrorist, and others who should not traditionally be on the list, the conversation has gone off about whacky stories of abortion, and abortion rights.

The real issue is that who will be on that list next. I am thinking conspiracy theorists if they are not already. Remember the guy who shot the three cops was considered conspiarcy theorists.

I hate seeing a good thread get off track, and I do believe the effort was deliberate, but then again, what do I know about conspiracies.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
Hey, listen -- there is NOTHING MORE VIOLENT than to go in a mother's womb and rip off the arms and lets, twist off the head of an innocent little human baby, to pull the pieces out and throw them in the garbage. Now THAT is violent.Or to pull a baby out by the legs, stick scissors in the back of the skull, open up the scissors, stick a tube in and suck out the brains. That's pretty darned violent too, I'd say. Pretty barbaric.

I'm unaware of the first procedure you describe, but the second is an excessively melodramatic and gory attempt at describing a "Dilate and Extract" abortion, which is often mistakenly called a "partial-birth abortion", which is NOT a medical term, and is kind of misleading. First of all this procedure is a LAST RESORT, and is virtually always performed only because it's absolutely necessary. Moreover, this procedure makes up, take a deep breath,...less than 1% of abortions nationwide. This is procedure is done because 1. The mother has a medical complication in which giving birth will either probably kill her or cause severe permenant damage. 2. Because the fetus is ALREADY DEAD. 3. Because the fetus is SEVERELY biologically compromised, missing vital organs necessary for survival, in many cases, the brain, or they just have a mass of fluid instead. This is an emergency, last resort procedure. Most of these fetus' wouldn't last a day, anyways. Moreover, you show a typical blindness to the cruelty of forcing a woman to carry a fetus that is either dead, or that will die at most within a matter of hours, or that might live, but will surely kill her. Second, I find it interesting, I mean, I thought the whole point of this site was people being fed up or critical of authority,...yet you would gladly take away all women's rights over her own body, effectively reducing them to talking incubators.

Originally posted by Salt of the EarthBecause we are a nation of barbarians, who think knocking down a building of bricks is violent, but that killing human babies in their mothers womb is no biggie.

We kill 1,500,000 preborn babies every single year, and have been doing so since 1973.

A lot of this would be cleared up by even a very basic high-school level biology primer. You like to talk about babies, yet, as I recall, at least a third of abortions are performed before it even has a developed brain, to refer to a zygote, an embryo, a fertilized cell, as, or being equivalent to, a human being, is beyond ridiculous. At what point SPECIFICALLY in the fetal stage does one meet the basic requirements for what we consider human, theres' no way to say exactly. I have no love for the government and no shortage of gripes about our legal system, however, the current rules on this issue are pretty perfect, up through the second trimester it's ok, after that, only if it's a life/death issue. In an ideal world it wouldn't be necessary, but I hate to have to tell you we don't live in an ideal world. Whatever barbarism you think you see in these procedures, pales compared to the cruelty of forcing a woman to give birth to a child conceived through rape, or that she can't possibly support, or that lacks vital organs and can only live at most a few hours obn life support in agony if it feels anything. This kind of religious-inspired nonsense is part of whats' gone wrong with this country.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Salt of the earth is obviously very angry...........he/ she has that right .....i believe they can also defend the actions of other killers as well.........so long as they don't do any violence themselves....

sometimes doing violence (against the law that you don't agree with) works as a powerful deterent to those performing the action (even within the law) and i think that is why salt of the earth supports what Mr. Hill or who ever did.........because it had a NET "postive effect in what he/ she believes................BUT the truth is people that THINK like this have a stronger chance to cross the line and COMMIT the revenge-violence ...as a consequence of these action and they do realize this .....and i guess they just accept it......

.i think the FLAW in Salt of the earth's thinking is based on fear......FEAR that they don't want to wonder (and thus they fight to stay ignorant so they can still be judged as having a good intention) is it really ok to kill someone who is killing fetus's or even late term abortions because it may save an extra hundred or so baby's (due to scaring another DR out of the practice) ........because in all liklihood some Mother ....is thinking that it is well within her having good intentions to not burden the pre-born baby into a life where someone is not prepared to raise them.....and for someone to justify killing that mother ......(who was doing right in her mind) like you think you are in your's (even though neither of you would agree with each other's opinion) ........should cause you to pause and wonder just how you would be judged...........pehaps if you could be sure the person you were killing had bad intention in their own mind it would be different but i don't think you want to roll the dice on that guessing game....unless you want to take the chance in killing someone who had honorable intentions (in their own belief- no matter how odd) and for that you would not be judged kindly

and i don't think you would have to kill anyone either to be judged a bit less righteously ....since you don't know the intentions of all those you are judging...insulting...and trying to make feel guilty....that's why you should forgive them instead.....i don't think ignorance is a a game plan up there.......(although i don't think you would be judged thaaaat harshly)

[edit on 7-5-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Says here they filed paperwork. Is filing paperwork an act of violence?
www.operationrescue.org...
Actually the abortionists were breaking the law. another interesting article similar situation only this one the pregnant lady died of a lidocane overdose, it is being deemed a homicide. www.operationrescue.org...
But I notice the criminals that are the ones performing the illegal abortions are not "terrorists" but the church group who filed paperwork against them is being deemed a "right wing extremist violent group".

[edit on 6-8-2010 by lizzyhock]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

extremisim to the point we're you are prepared to do violence to someone just because they have a differing view point or belief to you is a form of terrorism. If the shoe fits!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Yes every American has a RIGHT TO LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have been a notary of the public for several years, until a few years ago, I went to re-do my application, this is done every 3 or 4yrs, and I was told I had been placed on a homeland security list of potential terrorists. I could not believe it. Turns out, years back my ex had called in a false report to 911, they had arrested me and charged me for assaulting someone I had never even met, it was a girl whom my ex paid to say that I attacked her in his presence. Thank God before court, she turned herself in for the false report, admitting to the whole thing being fabricated. I went to court and was called forward and dismissed. I was told why the case was dismissed, due to the girl coming forward.

Well, apparently that does not matter. It landed me on the list of potential terrorists. It still blows my mind. And there is nothing I can do to even get it off my 'record'. I had to have a criminal background check done for this job, and there is was again, the report shows I was charged with terrorist threats and acts, but it doens't tell that the charges were dropped, false, or what the outcome was at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Reply to post by k0mbination

Our founding fathers were considered terrorists.

Just sayin

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join