It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is fmr. Gov. Eliot Spitzer (criminal) an MSNBC Correspondent!?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Looking on the ATS MSNBC Media block to your right, you will notice MSNBC has Elliot Spitzer, the corrupt politician who used campaign funds to buy prostitutes, as a correspondent. Can someone give me a good reason why this guy should be anywhere near the public stage, or even breathing free air? Someone please?

Wiki:

This information originally came to the attention of authorities from a federal wiretap. Spitzer had at least seven or eight liaisons with women from the agency over six months, and paid more than $15,000. According to published reports, investigators believe Spitzer paid up to $80,000 for prostitutes over a period of several years while he was Attorney General, and later as Governor. Spitzer first drew the attention of federal investigators when his bank reported suspicious money transfers, which initially led investigators to believe that Spitzer may have been hiding bribe proceeds. The investigation of the governor led to the discovery of the prostitution ring.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Firstly, he was never charged with the crime.
Second, he was never convicted of the crime.
Third, correspondents are not 'public' offices, people hire who they want.

Media empires need celebrities to increase their own political relevance.

THAT'S why they hire people like him, and others hire drunken, whore mongers, thieves, perverts, liars, and scoundrels, drug addicts, and unrepentant hate-mongers.

Because people like you, and many others, will roil and flail about..., no publicity is bad publicity!

If you are offended, call MSNBC. They will be delighted to have 'reached' you.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I guess they need him for his expertise.

You know, they need someone from the inside!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
MSNBC lets the US government work with them... Why not Eliot Spitzer?

MSNBC is owned and operated by criminals. So, criminals don't mind hiring criminals.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Perhaps it is because of this article in the Washington Post he wrote just before he was accused of using prostitutes. Interesting he was taken down right after this article was written. Visit the link for the full article.

Predatory Lenders' Partner in Crime

Predatory lending was widely understood to present a looming national crisis. This threat was so clear that as New York attorney general, I joined with colleagues in the other 49 states in attempting to fill the void left by the federal government. Individually, and together, state attorneys general of both parties brought litigation or entered into settlements with many subprime lenders that were engaged in predatory lending practices.

Several state legislatures, including New York's, enacted laws aimed at curbing such practices. ad_icon What did the Bush administration do in response? Did it reverse course and decide to take action to halt this burgeoning scourge? As Americans are now painfully aware, with hundreds of thousands of homeowners facing foreclosure and our markets reeling, the answer is a resounding no.

Not only did the Bush administration do nothing to protect consumers, it embarked on an aggressive and unprecedented campaign to prevent states from protecting their residents from the very problems to which the federal government was turning a blind eye.

These folks know why people are taken down.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Neither was O.J., initially.

Because people like you, and many others, will roil and flail about..., no publicity is bad publicity!

Sir, if you're not angry, you're not paying attention. Would u have me sit quietly and allow all this?

You appear to be daft and pointing out problems.

How would you offer a solution I wonder?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Maybe you should look a bit more deeply into the issue and not just base your opinion on the MSM version of events. IMO, Spitzer's professional assessments have some merit, regardless of his personal life.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

As with Blagovich, Spitzer was taken down 24 hours prior to taking Wall Street to task over corruption and race discrimination. Such discrimination was most potent in the issuing of sub-prime mortages, over 70% of which were directed towards high income black families / couples etc.

The Madoff ponzi shceme was only caught out after it was allowed to run it's course for three more years. Nothing to see here folks, only some white-collar corruption! Were not ready to dis our leading 'earners' now are we?

As for Blagovich (sp), he threatened to boycott the Bank of America 24 hours before his Obama tape was released by the Feds. Such a boycott would have been Illinois-wide apparently!

Coincidences? The story you cite has a little white-wash over it.

This does not make Spitzer or Blagovich clean. However, there are elements out there that have dirt on everyone, (it appears) and they use it when most needed.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

Fair enough. I suppose it is asking too much to request that politicians refrain from high-end hookers and bribery. I do see your point, though. What a shame the whole thing is, on both ends. It really is disappointing.

Convicted or not, I still see no reason to give these people a national pulpit unless they can really affect change. This is just my opinion. Even if your hearts in the right place, if you screw it up, even slightly, YOU'RE OUT. We need to hold these officials to higher standards all the time.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by NightVision]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The fact is we don't even know if he really did the crime and if so how long did they sit on it. The real criminal, Bush and company, are scott free.

Could the article I quoted above be the reason so many states are passing the sovereignty resolutions?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The federal government is corrupt.The main stream media is corrupt.The federal reserve bank is corrupt and your worried about some slime ball getting a job with one of them?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by NightVision
Even if your hearts in the right place, if you screw it up, even slightly, YOU'RE OUT.

Out of what exactly? The ability to earn a living? I'd rather have Spitzer's commentary and analysis of government and issues than Olbermann's or Limbaugh's.

So, hookers and "initially led investigators to believe that Spitzer may have been hiding bribe proceeds." Big deal. The hooker thing is between him and his wife in my opinion. The other is enough innuendo to taint him further which isn't surprising considering the ox he was attempting to gore.

If you're waiting for some insider revelation about the crap going on in government from a completely uncorrupted source, it'll never happen. If Albert Schweitzer were alive today attempting to chase these cockroaches intot he light, there'd be all kinds of crap spread about him.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Perhaps my response was too abrupt. If so, I apologize, no offense intended.

I derived the points I was attempting to make from two facts.

Legally, Mr. Spitzer is not a criminal (for the sake of this argument) because the moment the pressure was applied, he laid down and withdrew from public life (insofar as that is possible for someone like him.) The result was that no charges were ever brought against him (smacks of elite politics, huh?)

Media eagerly scoops up any political throwaways like Spitzer, Oliver North, Gordon Liddy, and more recently the ill-fated governor of Illinois seems set to star on a reality TV show... because people are naturally inflamed by their very presence on the national media scene. Increase ratings means increase commercial revenue. It is what they do. They have shown precious little in the way of 'moral' concerns regarding their 'celebrities' lives.

Solution? Don't watch him. The reason it was not offered originally is because it is counter intuitive. He has your attention, which is precisely what media corporations want.

The ultimate solution is to not support the MSM at all. But how realistic is that?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

So, hookers and "initially led investigators to believe that Spitzer may have been hiding bribe proceeds." Big deal. The hooker thing is between him and his wife in my opinion.

Help me understand how you happily accept the lesser of two evils and present these people as blue collar American heroes. YES, IMO, Spitzer should not be allowed to earn a living, at least in the media. This is exactly what I am putting forth.

While, in a way, I do agree that his affairs should be between him and his wife, both you and him should know that when you enter a public office, everything is up for grabs.

You know this.

Now, onto bigger requests: Please don't ruin the movie 'Bullitt' for me. Perhaps we can find common ground that movies merit.

MaxMars: All very good points. Starred for well-grounded argument.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by NightVision]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The guy liked to get off with a woman(en) that isn't his wife.

Man, if companies couldn't hire people who cheat and/or buy sex, then we are going to have some job cuts all over and in every facet of America.

Hell, one would have to argue that anyone out there buying dinner and a movie with some sort of expectation should be seriously reevaluated.

Spitzer's sex life isn't any of our business, and I wonder how many prostitutes the average senator has paid for?

Besides, it seems like MSNBC is where failed politicians are put to pasture.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Everything is up for grabs in that the accusation is enough to blackball you? That's not only severe, it's self defeating. If the guy has something to offer he ought to be allowed to provide it. A dalliance with a pro doesn't invalidate his value as a former insider.

That's what I know.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
First off, he was busted and ruined because he was ready to expose the banking scams by the banksters. So they ruined him. Lucky for him they didn't kill him.

Second, this is his reward for not spilling the beans on the rotten crooks that busted him, that their sex lives are probably 100 times worse than Spitzer's. At least Spitzer likes women and at least he pays for them instead of raping them or worse.

This is how the international crime syndicate works. If you do as you're told, you will be rich and powerful. If not, you will be either dead or disgraced.

JFK is prime example, also Richard Nixon.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Everything is up for grabs in that the accusation is enough to blackball you? That's not only severe, it's self defeating. If the guy has something to offer he ought to be allowed to provide it. A dalliance with a pro doesn't invalidate his value as a former insider.

That's what I know.

By your standards, O.J. Simpson should be allowed to come back to NBC as a sports anchor, because he could potentially have something to offer with his knowledge of Football. I see where you are coming from now.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Good deflection to straw man. Equate murder with visiting a hooker. Nice.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Eliot Spitzer was one of the few semi-honest politicians, one of the few not totally in the pocket of the Luciferian international crime syndicate.

They put a blind man in his place. Not taking any chances this time. ha ha

Most of the people who are convicted of crimes and put in prison don't deserve to be there. The government needs to be tried for their evil crimes, not most of us.

The very nerve to put a million of us on a no fly list as "potential terrorists," and to pass laws saying that in case of martial law the "potential terrorists" must be rounded up and hauled off to camp.

I hope some of the military and police read these threads and are waking up to how they are being corrupted and scammed to think that we, the American citizens who pay their salary, are the bad guys, that we need to go to jail and/or die.

Eliot Spitzer didn't break any laws and didn't hurt anybody. If that was all they had on him, they didn't have much. Maybe they had more, and they were just getting warmed up.

They say they have something on everybody in Congress, that they have sex slaves trained from childhood to seduce them, and they try to get them in compromising positions with children, get them drunk or drugged, get them to participate in some pedophilic orgy, take pictures, and then they've got them. They will never step out of line after that.

This is how the criminal Luciferians operate. They don't play. Just thank God you are not a part of that swarming twisted den of vipers in Washington.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join