It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is fmr. Gov. Eliot Spitzer (criminal) an MSNBC Correspondent!?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There is a lot of 'going off' on Spitzer for hiring prostitutes when the issue is bribes and using government money. Never charged but there was enough to get him out of office. So they replace him with a guy who admitted both he and his wife committed adultery. So it is wrong to pay a prostitute but okay to run around on your wife/husband? Ah, but gov. #2 didn't rat on Bush. Sex was never the issue but in the minds of the self righteous the rest didn't even matter.

We all have a tendency to see someone else's sin/mistake as worse than our own. We all screw up...we just know about his.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
As several guys above stated, what a man does with a woman, wife or not, is no ones business, just as its not our business if he smokes or drinks, regardless of what we think of these things. What IS our business is that he was taken out of power for a very specific reason....that he was about to blow the cover on the economic fiasco the banks used to drag us into this depression....and what is MORE our business is that our news agencies refused to show us this info, and thats THEIR JOB.

But of course....some time later now, he's on the news and all anyone recalls is that he hired a prostitute.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
reply to post by NightVision

Good deflection to straw man. Equate murder with visiting a hooker. Nice.

Murder? O.J. was never convicted of murder.

Oh well, he did break 2000 yrds in one season, and he made me laugh in The Naked Gun. Why not bring him back as an NBC football anchor? I'm sure he did a lot of great things in his life before the media ruined him.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by NightVision]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Firstly, he was never charged with the crime.
Second, he was never convicted of the crime.

He didn't commit a crime. It isn't a crime to hire a prostitute, is it?

He was ruined in the media. The media is owned by the Zionists, the same foreign banksters that Spitzer was exposing and routing.

So they put the bloodhounds on him to ruin him. They always do this. They can ruin anybody. Look what they did to Jim Traficant because he took his office staff to his farm to help him muck the stalls.

Meantime they are stealing literally trillions of dollars, raping little kids in pedophile parties, and dressing up like women and getting publicly drunk in the bars around Washington, DC, or wherever they hang out. Rudy Julie Annie wasn't afriad to dress up like a woman and walk down Main Street on Gay Pride Day with a bunch of homos dressed in cod pieces and G strings.

These people are sickos. Spitzer is like a Boy Scout compared to the British Zionists and their bought and paid for American minions, the ones who ordered Spitzer's ruination in the media (ie Rothschilds and Co.).

I really think they've got him on MSNBC to give the station credibility. All the stations now are starting to talk like Alex Jones because they know if they don't, people are turning off their sets en masse and they have to at least pretend to be reporting the truth. Kind of a drastic switch for the media to be making in a very short period of time, like night and day, and hopefully people will see through it and still get rid of their TVs. The ones who decide to hang in there with the paid liars will forget that at one time they sang a completely different tune. Meantime the controlled media will continue to feed propaganda and disinformation, distracting and calming people to accept our fate instead of waking up and hollering bloody murder, arresting the criminals, taking back our Republic from the foreign banksters.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

Murder? O.J. was never convicted of murder.

Oh well, he did break 2000 yrds in one season, and he made me laugh in The Naked Gun. Why not bring him back as an NBC football anchor? I'm sure he did a lot of great things in his life before the media ruined him.

This does not compute. You should quit while you are ahead.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Oh wow I find it hilarious people are sticking up for this guy. I wonder what the tune would be if it was Fox that hired him instead of MSNBC? Oh wait I already know what the responses would have in that scenario.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Oh wow I find it hilarious people are sticking up for this guy. I wonder what the tune would be if it was Fox that hired him instead of MSNBC? Oh wait I already know what the responses would have in that scenario.

What difference does it make what station? They are all owned by the same people, all read off the same talking points issued by the government, all report the same stories, the same exact way.

What difference does it make?

Have you seen the Obama Deception yet? You should watch it. It's good for people still caught up in the left/right paradigm to get deprogrammed.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth

...says the man who does not believe that soliciting prostitution is a crime.

...perhaps you should heed your own advice, sir.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

...says the man who does not believe that soliciting prostitution is a crime.

...perhaps you should heed your own advice, sir.

Excuse me? From what I know about this story, the feds checked out Spitzer's bank account and found out he'd spent so much money on this woman, proof that he was hiring a prostitute. As to soliciting prostitution, I believe he went to a high priced professional hooker, spent money that belonged to himself and his wife, and they tried to ruin him, to destroy his marriage, and made him have to resign his governorship in disgrace.

He is not a criminal. He was not charged with any crime or tried for any crime or convicted of any crime. He is an adulterer and a whoremonger, which is different than a criminal.

I'm curious -- why did you choose the avatar you have?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

He was not charged with any crime or tried for any crime or convicted of any crime. He is an adulterer and a whoremonger, which is different than a criminal.

This is true. Perhaps I should change my thread title, being that he was not charged. However, soliciting prostitution in the state of New York IS illegal. Yes, he was not convicted, but I think we can all agree that he covered his tracks well.

Look, I'm not intending to ruin anyone's day here. I'm just saying we should uphold people to certain standards, even if their hearts are int he right place. No exceptions.

I'm curious -- why did you choose the avatar you have?

I like Iron Maiden.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

However, soliciting prostitution in the state of New York IS illegal. Yes, he was not convicted, but I think we can all agree that he covered his tracks well.

Huh? What tracks. What he did was splashed all over the media. This is how they keep people in line. Did the state of New York close down the prostitution business that supplied Governor Spitzer? Or did they just expose him in the newspaper and try to ruin his marriage and disgrace him so he'd have to quit the governorship?

Did they ruin him because they were truly concerned that his poor wife was being defrauded or that Spitzer was depleting the household finances by spending that money on a hooker? Or did they ruin him becausea they wanted to stop him from busting the banksters who were bringing down the country?

In other words, was this a decision made in London, England, to ruin Spitzer, a decision made by the Rothschilds who own the Amerian media and all the American politicians?

And is the decision now to use Spitzer on MSNBC his reward for keeping his mouth shut, that now he can get some of his good name back as long as he promises to be a good boy and not tell on the slimy mafiosos he was at one time working to bust.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

All valid points, but let me just say this: If a man is going to go after bankers, he better damn well make sure to leave a mostly clean trail behind him. You can't uphold Spitzer in the light for attempting to expose predatory lending, and then make light of his dirt trail. He did it to himself. You must admit that. You cant be 98% hero, 2% scumbag, and still expect to defeat the Machine without getting some dirt on you.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
No different than Oliver 'Ollie' North being an consultant for Fox News.

It's amazing to me sometimes, how people forget, how time erases and distorts truth.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
All this has to do with the fact that you are all trying to impose your "moral" standards on someone else. No one knows what kind of relationship he and his wife have, and all different kinds of people have all different kinds of personal beliefs regarding their sexuality. So he broke a law about prostitutes....everyone breaks laws. Most of us and im sure most politicians likely have music or movies downloaded on their computers. Everyone speeds or runs a stop sign from time to time. In america we happen to vilify sex above most other things so we focus on that as if its some horrible thing a person may do. Would he have been run out of office for driving drunk? Not likely, politicians are found to do this plenty times and dont lose their jobs.

Bottom line, whatever YOUR sexual moral hangups may be, his decision to have sex and pay for it....a MISDEMEANOR, does not detract in any way from his righteous crusade against financial and banking corruption. He was one of the few true crusaders we the public had to help us expose the dangers this group represented, and by losing him we lost a valuable ally in our fight with this implacable foe. The irony is that him being run out of office effected YOU guys here who pooh pooh him, and likely set back our uncovering of the bankers financial shenanigans in a major way, and yet you sit here and support the system that uses political leveraging and maneuvers to keep you in the dark, and to suppress your rights and freedoms. Way to go.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

For some members it does not make a difference whether he's on foxnews or msnbc. Stop feeding the divide and making this more of a partisan issue than it already is.

Spitzer wanted to expose the very people who are responsible for mass poverty, and millions of deaths (by way predatory lending and fractional reserve banking). That's why he was brought down.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Help me understand how you happily accept the lesser of two evils and present these people as blue collar American heroes.

Isn't accepting the lesser of evils what politics have ALWAYS been in the general absence of more representative outcomes? As for being happy he didn't look 'happy' about it and neither am i.

YES, IMO, Spitzer should not be allowed to earn a living, at least in the media. This is exactly what I am putting forth.

Why do you have this impression of the US or western media in general? Where is the past media record that suggests that this is a surprising turn of events? If you want to make a point phone MSNBC and tell them you will no longer be watching their channel and start watching a channel that does not behave so 'immorally'. The only way you can hurt them is to hurt their pockets but remember that you will probably need friends to do the same as they have deep pockets and a very profitable scam.

While, in a way, I do agree that his affairs should be between him and his wife, both you and him should know that when you enter a public office, everything is up for grabs.

You know this.

Sure and i think what we are all trying to point out is that these may be just about as good allies as we can hope for in high places. I can understand that that may dissapoint many but it is a reflection about how corrupt things have become at the top.

As for his wife i would not waste too many tears as in my experience women at this level of society understands very well what they are up against and makes choices about how much they will stand for.

MaxMars: All very good points. Starred for well-grounded argument.

Indeed.

Stellar

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
MSNBC is a business. Their business is communicating ideas in a top down format to their customer base(viewers like the OP)

You have the free will to change the channel or turn you TV off

Elliott Spitzer's career, if we examine it beyond the standard 6 month to a year window afforded the general MSNBC viewing audience, was built upon taking down big Wall street/ banker types.

When Spitzer was the Attorney General of New York, he was in a very powerful position as he had authority to subpoena any business operating in his jurisdiction(wall street/NYC)

Spitzer took down the head of the stock exchange (Grasso) and the CEO of AIG(Greenberg) in 2004.

Spitzer has intimate knowledge of how the criminal class operates on wall street. He was in Washington,DC on February 14th 2008 as he had published a scathing article in the OP/ED section of the Washington Post

The Post article exposed Federal(Bush Administration) complicity in the rejection of state attorney general cases investigating fraudulent subprime loans. These cases involved all 50 US state attorney's and involved organizations like ACORN

Spitzer though not the direct target was caught in an FBI investigation in to fraudulent spending of tax payer dollars.

Spitzer was never charged with anything. He was a "person of interest" and at most a witness for the prosecution in a larger case against the prostitution ring.

Technically they could never go to court with a case against Spitzer because despite what Bush / Obama and FISA may imply this was an illegal(warrant-less) wire tap and was inadmissible as evidence against Spitzer

This information was leaked to the press. Spitzer was forced to resign by public sentiment and his own admission of impropriety.

Later that same year 2008 the mortgage crisis forced the US congress to approve over a trillion dollars to bailout the bankers that Spitzer had busted 5 years earlier,...which is the bigger crime ?

Here is a great explanation of the whole mess - The Political Assassination of Elliott Spitzer

(full disclosure- this post is from my blog)

The OP asks a very good opening topic but defends the rebuttals with comparing an unelected private citizen(OJ) accused of a capital crime(murder) to an elected official caught with his pants down. That is a text book CIA "strawman disinfo" technique, kudos and kudos to the MOD who outed it as such

[edit on 15-4-2009 by NWRHINO]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Spitzer is just one of the hoard of of public officials that are some of the worst pathological liars, sexual deviants, perverts, and treasonous should-be felons that are owned with threats of blackmail and perform under durress against their oath of office.

He was only exposed because he was going to bring down the pilferers that, as you may now be convinced, have stolen the wealth of our country in the most despicable operation ever conceived.

Why do you think they all vote agqainst constituants desires in Congress?

Why are those exposed usually the ones who really fight crime?

They are mostly all the same as far as behind closed doors, some perverted beyond redemption.
But even a pervert can fight sinister crimes of such extraordinary porportions.

Now, he is just a wrong doer that is placed in the public eye to make the numbing expectations of the mass audience more suseptable to backwards thinking regarding reward and praise.

I wouldn't doubt if they were all initiated with elicite drugs and anything goes sex to celebrate this.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

I agree! After reading your post, my first thought was a movie about a young lawyer hired by a very corrupt group of desperate, greedy and murderous villains, only covered over by $$$ & power....

called The Firm...dont' know about you .. but I dont' think it's really that far off..

you know, men with power only want 1 thing...

My only thought would be, why would you want to take a job with the people that stabbed you in the back?? Why eat with a man if their heart is not with you?? Eventually, you'll vomit all up .. and regret it perhaps to your grave...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NWRHINO

wow.. ! I don't watch the news on any channel or do i deeply read every article in the local paper..

but, that article was seriously FLAMING Bush and Co.!

just like 'The Firm'.. but .. it's just a movie .. right?

You know, they can run, but they will never hide.

Oh and the 'all seeing eye' on the dollar bill.. btw isn't the Illuminati..it's the ALL seeing eye of the ALMIGHTY watching EVERYTHING they think they're getting away with. The ones that put it there KNEW that the love of money was the root of all evil...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join