It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tearful suspect in California girl's slaying appears in court

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
where are you getting your information from then?

are you part of the investigation? are you the one who controlled this womans mind to make her do these heinous crimes?

where are you getting your information? and no the books you read about mind controll have nothing to do with this case.

where are you getting your information ABOUT THIS CASE ?

sorry i hate repeating myself.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
All of you should be bloody ashamed of yourselves.

No-one, deserves death. It's not our choice to make, whether someone lives or dies. The sooner you idiots realise that, the better.

You people who disagree, will no doubt flame me for this, but, please, find it in your hearts to realise what I'm saying, and don't wish my existence into the ground.

It isn't mind control. It's hard to believe, I know, but, some people just snap, or are just capable of doing really horrible things.

Stop jumping to conclusions, it helps no-one.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alesanjin

Originally posted by Alesanjin
The sooner you idiots realise that, the better.

im sorry i just lost all respect for your opinion. maybe you should learn to talk to people you dont agree with , then come back and maybe we will listen to you.

may peace be with you

[edit on 14-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Such a horrible tragedy that cries out for justice. If she did it she should be hung in the public square. I just hope she wasn't framed by some evil person as it does happen now quite often.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sabrinaleena

Originally posted by sabrinaleena

I look around, and read way too much news these days. I'm to the point where not only where I don't want to leave the house, but I don't even want to let my own children out anymore.

i think the process of putting someone to death in the system is done in a way that not one person feels like they are the actually executioner.

sadly u cant just let your kid go play at the park anymore without supervision. just last week i think a 2 year old boy was kidnapped from a public park.
in this world u cant trust anyone but your family , yourself, and your children.

there is nothing wrong with being vigilant. its part of parenting imo.
its a very violent universe, an incredibly violent earth, and we are a very violent crazy species.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

It isn't mind control. It's hard to believe, I know, but, some people just snap, or are just capable of doing really horrible things.

Everyone is capable of committing truly horrendous crimes against humanity. However, a little thing called free will binds us to the choices we make in life. It is the choices we make that ultimately define us. As a result, personal accountability is paramount. We all must accept the consequences for our actions.

In this case, the crime is appalling, to say the very least. Whatever punishment is meted, be it life in prison or the capital punishment, is absolutely warranted. This woman should never be allowed to step foot in the free world ever again.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If we're to do things your way, it sounds like an "anything goes" kind of world. Where some people just snap and do horrible things to other people, and are still allowed the privilege to live, and be taken care of better by the state for life in prison, with better food and housing that some children get in their own homes. There is such a thing as justice. And I firmly believe that we as humans do have the right to decide life and death. That woman decided that the little girl deserved to die. She made that choice. I just hope that justice will be served. Regardless of the death penalty or no death penalty. I just think of Jeffrey Dahmer and how long did he last in prison for?

All of you should be bloody ashamed of yourselves.

No-one, deserves death. It's not our choice to make, whether someone lives or dies. The sooner you idiots realise that, the better.

You people who disagree, will no doubt flame me for this, but, please, find it in your hearts to realise what I'm saying, and don't wish my existence into the ground.

Stop jumping to conclusions, it helps no-one.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

this thread ties in with another thread i have going about casey anthony and i believe the DP should be sought if the woman is not found to be mentally insane.

just the idea of what she did to this little girl leaves no doubt in my mind that this woman deserves the DP.

this woman does not deserve to live another day if she is truly guilty and not found to be insane.

society needs to stand up and say to these people " we dont want you on our earth."

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I can't stand the mentally insane clause. It drives me mental when people get off cause they were mentally insane at the time or are mentally insane.

Honestly, what difference does that make to society if that person is free? Not only are they capable of murder(or rape or whatever) but they are insane on top of that, so they can't even be reasoned with?

I think these people if proven guilty should face the same punishment everyone else does.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Originally posted by elitegamer23

this thread ties in with another thread i have going about casey anthony and i believe the DP should be sought if the woman is not found to be mentally insane.

just the idea of what she did to this little girl leaves no doubt in my mind that this woman deserves the DP.

this woman does not deserve to live another day if she is truly guilty and not found to be insane.

society needs to stand up and say to these people " we dont want you on our earth."

I'm curious, but what are your thoughts about crimes of passion? Personally I differentiate that from insanity. I'm referring to violence or murder in the cases of cheating lovers, jealous lovers/spouses, or spur of the moment violence during what would normally just be a heated argument.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I can't stand the mentally insane clause. It drives me mental when people get off cause they were mentally insane at the time or are mentally insane.

Honestly, what difference does that make to society if that person is free? Not only are they capable of murder(or rape or whatever) but they are insane on top of that, so they can't even be reasoned with?

I think these people if proven guilty should face the same punishment everyone else does.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think almost anyone could claim insanity.

I mean, when you hear about "Johnny" killing his whole family (or anything that seems insane to normal people), what's the first thing out of most people's mouth?

"He did what? He's gotta be crazy!"

And, as far as being the executioner, call me what you like, but I'd have no problem with it at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BRQuick

Originally posted by BRQuick
I think almost anyone could claim insanity.

I mean, when you hear about "Johnny" killing his whole family (or anything that seems insane to normal people), what's the first thing out of most people's mouth?

"He did what? He's gotta be crazy!"

And, as far as being the executioner, call me what you like, but I'd have no problem with it at all.

anyone who kills someone in cold blood is insane but they should still get the ultimate punishment .

i wonder how you would even go about getting the job as executioner.
is that some sort of promotion or demotion?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
For me the justice could be handed down by her jail peers very easily if they just throw her in with the general population in prison.
Sex offenders are held in protective custody and isolated from the other inmates.
I say bring her to the general population range and name what she did and throw her in with the rest of her peers and see how long she lasts.
Chances are if she is not killed then she is going to live a life of utter hell.
I think if you are screwed up enough to do this to someone then why protect them from the other inmates?
Let them deal with her....justice could be VERY swift.
Remember how Dahmer died??

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Stuff like this happens
Stuff like this will always happen
And its impossible to undo even without capital punishment.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Guilty is written all over her ugly mug. I don't have a problem with the death penalty, but it shouldn't be lethal injection...that's too lenient.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Death by hanging , in public and i will volunteer to be the executioner.

SHE , and get this right its a WOMAN who did this , kidnapped , raped , murdered , then stuffed teh girls body into a suit case and dumped it in a pond.

but let me watch the PC crowd come steaming in , claiming chuld abuse when she was younger as the root cause of her crime in a piss poor excuse to get her off.

oh wait , the PC crowd has allready arrived in this thread.

a woman is just as capable as a man to commit an evil crime like this - in fact woman abusing children is a hidden crime , but for every man convicted of child abuse , there is a woman pedofile.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Very unusual.

I'll defer judgement until I know more about the case, but the whole sex angle feels wrong to me. I read all the media reports and I couldn't find one that actually said she was sexually assaulted. The charges include sexual assault but I wonder if that wasn't done in order mislead investigators.

Maybe I just don't want to believe that a woman, a mother could be capable of something like this. Crimes like this are a majority of the time committed by men, and generally by men who are proven pedophiles. The only cases I can personally think of where women where involved in the sexual torture and murder of children there was a man involved ( Karla Homolka and Myra Hindley

I'll be following this case, I want to know the motive and if it was pre meditated.

I personally don't believe in the death penalty - however if something like this happened to someone I loved I'd be hard pressed not to change my mind.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Ok, I'm going to play devils advocate a bit here.....

Almost every post in this thread has people calling for her to be killed, but the woman was only arrested on Friday and the trial hasn't even begun! Granted, the crime is heneous, disgusting and sickening all at the same time, but to jump the gun and call for the first person arrested to be killed is a bit wacky.

What evidence is there against the woman aside from a suitcase she admits to having owned?

Whatever happened to presumed innocence? I am sure all of you would like to also be presumed innocent and given a fair trial if you ever were arrested, especially for a capital crime and even more especially so if you feel you were innocent.

I understand the emotion involved, I am a father myself, but the attitude of "Kill her! Burn the witch! Yeehaa!" coming from some in this thread sucks arse.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Originally posted by stumason

What evidence is there against the woman aside from a suitcase she admits to having owned?

she admitted to killing this little girl.
enough evidence for you?

this was reported on one of the national news networks the night she was arrested but i cant seem to find definite information that she admitted to the crime.
here are some transcripts describing her questioning and arrest.
www.foxnews.com...

On April 6, farmworkers draining an irrigation pond found the suitcase.

Sheneman said investigators have no motive for the slaying, which drew national attention. Police declined to say where or how the girl was allegedly killed. Inconsistencies in Huckaby's story led to her arrest, Sheneman said.
There are no other suspects and no other arrests are expected, he said.

it was her suitcase they found , i wish i could find a link telling she admitted to the crime. ill look around. they knew exactly where to look for this little girls body after questioning the suspect.

eddited to fix my quotes , sorry i suck at this
[edit on 15-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This woman supposedly moved there in with her parents to look after her daughter who "got sick alot."

Someone should be immediately looking at her daughter for signs of abuse.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Someone should be immediately looking at her daughter for signs of abuse.

im guessing they are already checking into abuse on her own daughter after what she put this other little girl through. lets hope she didnt abuse other children because she already ruined one little girls life and the cantu families lives. this woman was a sunday school teacher, and that just sickens me to think she was around other little kids.

Originally posted by stumason

update.... they just said on msnbc this psychopath is claiming it was an accident that she killed the little girl. it was no accident that she held this girl against her own will, molested her, raped her, and raped her with a foreign object. after all that torture she put this little girl through i dont really care how she might have accidentally killed her. the body was hidden so was that an accident too?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join