It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State reverses itself, will seek death in Casey Anthony case

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

and i didn't say that in the case of Hitler Germany having the DP caused genocide. though the Nazis idea of "life unworthy of life" is essentially the same idea that the American death penalty is based on, only extended to entire races and faiths of people.

but if the dp were extended in AMERICA, i can guarantee you it would be used to eliminate dissendents, and a lot of those executions would be done for false crimes against children.

i also want to note Barack Obama wants to execute child molesters, even though he supports letting babies who survive abortion die.

hitler and stalin was kinda your proof that the DP leads to genocide.
the american DP is nothing like the genocide that took place in ww2. apples and oranges. your guarantee that if the DP was extended in america it would be used for genocide is a misinformed hypothetical. more states are actually getting rid of capitol punishment as oppsed to more starting it.

your comment on barack obama, well u should research that more in detail. i think you are believing propaganda from the elections.

here read over this, i think its just a matter of perspective and political bias.
www.factcheck.org...
this quote from the link is important and should be understood to come to a clean understanding of the situation.

" It is worth noting that Illinois law already provided that physicians must protect the life of a fetus when there is "a reasonable likelihood of sustained survival of the fetus outside the womb, with or without artificial support."

ill also add this from wiki...
en.wikipedia.org...

In 2008 the worldwide execution rate was 2,390, with China responsible for executing approximately 1,740, Iran 342, Saudia Arabia 102, Pakistan 36, the United States 37, and Japan 15.

37 is far from genocide and only .014 per million people are put to death in the usa in 2007.
very very far from genocide or anything leaning towards genocide

[edit on 13-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

[edit on 13-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

I should also say that the Holocaust could not have been carried out on such a large scale without a death penalty. The reason why our DP in America NOW doesn't lead to genocide is because it's so rarely put in use. If we added a non-murder crime to the list though, we would be doing it like China.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

It wont bring Caylee back but it will:
1. Set an example for the next crazy woman.
2. Save taxpayers a bunch of money, because she is going to live like 60 or so more years.
3. Make us all feel better, like justice was served.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
1. Set an example for the next crazy woman.

Deterrence doesn't work. At least, there is no evidence one way or another that it does.

2. Save taxpayers a bunch of money, because she is going to live like 60 or so more years.

They waste our money in Iraq anyway.

3. Make us all feel better, like justice was served.

People will get a rush from it?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

It won't deter anyone who is truly crazy but it will get rid of her. It's not like anyone didn't see this reversal coming, if you murder someone in cold blood in Florida the death penalty is pretty much automatic unless a plea bargain or future state's evidence comes into play.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I agree that she should get the death penalty...
but I do not think that a simple death penalty is good enough for this whore.
I think that she should be put in isolation, with nothing but baby dolls in the room.
I also think that we should use her body for science experiments, testings of medicines, and use every useable organ in her body to save the lives of other people whom needs them.
I can go on and on about the things that we could do to this woman, but I think you got the picture.
Death penalty is a must, but that alone isnt good enough for all the hurt that she has caused.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It is about time this case was taken seriously by the Anthony parents, I think the proposal of the death sentence might just wake them up to reality. I am simpathetic towards George and Cindy, they have lost a dear child, and stand to loose their daughter as well, but Cindy has ( I believe) done things to hinder the investigation, trying to protect the very person who caused all this greif to begin with, maybe with the possibility of Casey being put to death Cindy will begin to present testmony and evidence that is usable, of course she will be trying to save Casey, but, I feel she has more to contribute and it may help the case, to help understand why Casey did it, even if it means Casey is not fit to stand trial or be put to death.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
HEY GUYS, WHY DOESN'T CASEY ANTHONY JUST GO INTO COURT AND SAY:

"THIS ISN'T MY NAME! I am flesh and blood! My name is not all-capital letters! I see the gold fringed-flag there, you! I know this is a maritime admiralty court under the jurisdiction of the queen of england! I am not a citizen of the corporation called the United States of America! I hereby denounce any and all claims to my innocence or guilt from the fictitious entity that presents itself as the court! All evidence shown in this fictitious courtroom is invalid and is not representative of my flesh and blood body!"

Exactly.

Because you are all full of it. Wake up and smell your own BS!

Oh, in your little FANTASY LAND it only works to get out of SPEEDING TICKETS, TAXES... but NOT MURDER, eh????

HAHAHAHAHA WHAT A JOKE!

... just another courtroom thread to show that ATS is really a MOB!!!!

You all support the NWO, it's fake courts, it's slavery - WHEN AND ONLY WHEN YOU LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRAW THE LINE, ATS.

YOU EITHER SUPPORT THE NWO OR YOU DON'T!

YOU'RE EITHER FOR THE FAKE COURTS, OR YOU AREN'T.

WE'RE EITHER ALL OUR CAPITAL LETTER NAMES, OR WE'RE NOT.

How do you expect to win the battle against the NWO when you can't even agree on where you stand?

THIS IS WHY YOU WILL LOSE YOUR IMAGINARY BATTLE!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I hope people understand that just because I'm not calling for Casey's blood, doesn't mean I support what she did.

I just don't see how putting her in the ground too will bring poor Caylee back.

we dont think you support what happened to this little girl at the hands of her mom but it was premeditated murder on an innocent child and florida does have the DP for such cases.

to make it even worse it was her own child. this woman is heartless and her soul doesnt deserve to live amongst us.

look into the movies she was renting just after she killed her daughter. look at the slutty party pictues of her after the crime took place. she has no sympathy or remorse for what she did, and i refuse to have any for her.

i am with justsomeboreddude. i dont belive in the DP for many cases but i do belive that what casey did to her little girl is the most extreme of crimes possible so i believe the most extreme punishment must be dealt.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman

It won't deter anyone who is truly crazy but it will get rid of her. It's not like anyone didn't see this reversal coming, if you murder someone in cold blood in Florida the death penalty is pretty much automatic unless a plea bargain or future state's evidence comes into play.

So admittedly, this is about good ol' revenge.

I've never heard a good argument for capital punishment aside from "they deserve it". Seriously.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I hope people understand that just because I'm not calling for Casey's blood, doesn't mean I support what she did.

I just don't see how putting her in the ground too will bring poor Caylee back.

we dont think you support what happened to this little girl at the hands of her mom but it was premeditated murder on an innocent child and florida does have the DP for such cases.

to make it even worse it was her own child. this woman is heartless and her soul doesnt deserve to live amongst us.

look into the movies she was renting just after she killed her daughter. look at the slutty party pictues of her after the crime took place. she has no sympathy or remorse for what she did, and i refuse to have any for her.

i am with justsomeboreddude. i dont belive in the DP for many cases but i do belive that what casey did to her little girl is the most extreme of crimes possible so i believe the most extreme punishment must be dealt.

So basically you just want her to burn in Hell faster? lol

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm sorry I'm no apologist for Casey AT ALL, I just don't see the point in having the death penalty. Even for cases like this.

There is something wrong with her, she is missing the part of your brain that allows you to feel compassion. She is emotionally retarded.

You wouldn't execute an intellectually retarded person, so why should you execute an emotionally retarded person? It WILL NOT bring Caylee back, it will not make the world a better place, is it not justice.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Originally posted by logician magician

i think u have already lost the IMAGINARY BATTLE!!!!1!!

i guess u support the killing of little kids , wow that means u must support the nwo.

i dont know why im replying to this. i guess im just falling for troll bait.

may peace be with you and your mind logician magician.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

i think u have already lost the IMAGINARY BATTLE!!!!1!!

i guess u support the killing of little kids , wow that means u must support the nwo.

i dont know why im replying to this. i guess im just falling for troll bait.

may peace be with you and your mind logician magician.

I don't support the killing of little kids, and I don't support the killing of REAL SOVEREIGN FLESH AND BLOOD PEOPLE EITHER!

DO YOU? It appears that you are NO BETTER THAN THE NWO!

She didn't MURDER anyone or anything! She killed PART OF HER OWN SOVEREIGN FLESH AND BLOOD BODY! SHE BIRTHED A NEW BEING and the only reason the STATE is wants to try her for it is because THE STATE OWNS THE BABY at the time the BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS SIGNED!

They merely want to collect on the million dollar collateral that was issued to CASEY ANTHONY's BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

By her act of killing the REAL FLESH AND BLOOD PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE FICTITIOUS NAME OF THE BABY, She made the MILLION DOLLAR DEPOSIT NULL AND VOID, which is why the DEATH PENALTY EXISTS - so the STATE can, by the "LEGAL SYSTEM" remit the CURRENCY into the SYSTEM by CHARGING her with the DISCHARGE (murder) of a FICTITIOUS ENTITY (her baby)

She isn't her ALL CAPITAL LETTER NAME that was taken to court! Her all capital letter name was convicted - which is nothing but a state created contract that was given to her after she came into the country from the PORT of her Mother's WATER and the DOCK-TOR DELIVERED HERE with a CERTIFICATE of EMBARKATION called a BIRTH(ing) CERTIFICATE.

Ask anyone who knows! The United States is a corporation! Check the Act of 1863 When D.C was formed into a CORPORATION AND THE UNITED STATES WAS TAKEN OVER BY THE BANKSTERS!!!!

We're under MARITIME ADMIRALTY LAW!

The court has NO JURISDICTION OVER THE FREE SOVEREIGN WOMAN CASEY ANTHONY.

IF YOU THINK I'M CRAZY YOU HAVEN'T SEEN HOW DEEP THE RABBIT HOLE GOES, BUDDY!!!!

[edit on 14-4-2009 by logician magician]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

i dont think you are crazy but i do think you are distracting from this thread with your rant about the NWO and such.

maybe you should start a thread about 'the rabbit hole' it probably would help you get your points accross better.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Can you state your meaning without all the symbolism? The 'all capital' rant just isn't coming through as anything more than you saying the courts are dealing with the wrong person because her name is in all caps, or something like that. Also, do you believe that ALL ATS members believe or should believe in the NWO? I guess I missed that memo.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Firstly, my understanding is that this woman is yet to be found guilty. It seems to me that many people are judging her guilt before a Court of your country has found her to be so? Calling for someones death before they are even found guilty is a sign of an individual's inability to acknowledge that until a court has found someone guilty we must, for the sake of our own integrity and for those people who come before the courts when innocent, reserve our own judgment.

Calling for her death prior to guilt being affirmed by a court says more about you than what it does anyone else.

As for the issue of whether she deserves death, i will reserve providing my opinion. I see no point in arguing pointlessly on a topic which some people seem incapable of debating with respect for each other.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I agree with those that say the best punishment for this woman is to rot in jail. Truly, if you look at those pictures of her partying after her daughter went "missing", it makes you sick to your stomach. It makes you want her to suffer. You give her the Death penalty, she appeals for the next 10 years or more, and she gets to plead her case over and over again.

No, I say put her in a cell, throw away the key, and let her dwell on the fact that she murdered her own flesh and blood until she is old and gray. Leave her there for 50 years or more with her shame and self pity. Let her torture herself. THAT, is true punishment. And then....when she is an old old woman, after spending her entire life behind bars, she will die. Then the real judgment comes.

I don't think that a life of prison is a merciful alternative. I think it is the most adequate punishment.

And for those who say that they don't want their tax payer dollars to keep someone in prison for life, it turns out that it is actually far cheaper in most cases to keep someone in prison for life than it is to execute them. Sometimes MILLIONS of dollars cheaper.

States discover it's cheaper to imprison killers for life than to execute them

In any case, I am horrified by what this woman has allegedly done to her beautiful daughter. My knee jerk reaction is to want her blood. However, the thought of her being trapped behind bars for decades with her own demons to keep her company sounds like justice.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The Merchants of Death (directed by Bush at the time) ordered the US military to kill over 1.5 million people in Iraq, many innocent civilians - many children - they were killed for profit. This is ongoing in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places.

The blood is dripping from their hands onto your heads. The weight of this unlawful and tragic death falls on all citizens who were duped into supporting these acts of terror.

If you seek the death penalty for this woman - take the beam out of your own eye first.

Get on your feet - march against your government - demand a return to constitutional values - run them out of your government buildings - then bring them to justice.

When you have done that - then you might be able to claim moral ascendancy.

If you do nothing - then the tragedy rolls over us all.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
The Merchants of Death (directed by Bush at the time) ordered the US military to kill over 1.5 million people in Iraq, many innocent civilians - many children - they were killed for profit. This is ongoing in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places.

The blood is dripping from their hands onto your heads. The weight of this unlawful and tragic death falls on all citizens who were duped into supporting these acts of terror.

If you seek the death penalty for this woman - take the beam out of your own eye first.

Get on your feet - march against your government - demand a return to constitutional values - run them out of your government buildings - then bring them to justice.

When you have done that - then you might be able to claim moral ascendancy.

If you do nothing - then the tragedy rolls over us all.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Amagnon]

I think this is just a cover for the atrocities going on in the world. Just like Britney Spears ...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I think those who want the dealth penalty for this women are people who have children themselves, who love and care for their own children because they are precious and loved like nothing else on the planet.

We (i'm a parent) see our own children in a different light - so to speak. They bring us joy and happiness in a terrible mixed up world. They are the reason we get up each morning and go to work and strive to succeed.

They make us laugh and shower us with love and affection.

They are inquisitive and bring us back to a time when we were children and shared our innocense with our own parents. And as parents, we realized the joy that our own parents experienced and we understand our own parents like no other time in our lives.

Now, those of us who love our children and feel all of these things cannot understand why ANYONE would want to harm a child. Let alone their own child.

Maybe thats why some people are saying - just kill her.

I think this young woman is sick - maybe due to her own upbringing - or theres just something wrong with her - I'm not a doctor - I don't know but, who am I to judge her?

Should we have mob rule? or due we follow the laws that are on the books?

The back and forth bickering here is a pointless argument. I know some of us on ATS just love to argue - right or wrong.

Let her be judged by the courts, evidence and a jury not by the media.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join