It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

State reverses itself, will seek death in Casey Anthony case

page: 4
6
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician
 


POST REMOVED BY ME... BECAUSE I NEED TO LEARN SELF CONTROL
)



[edit on 14-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]




posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tomfrusso
 




We (i'm a parent) see our own children in a different light - so to speak. They bring us joy and happiness in a terrible mixed up world. They are the reason we get up each morning and go to work and strive to succeed.


That statement explains a lot of the strong emotions that we see in people.

As far as the death penalty, if it's Florida law I feel it would have to be imposed. Imo punishment as deterrent for violence is obviously not working. Giving these people release with death is not punishment enough neither is keeping them safely isolated away from societies disgust.

I don't fault anyone for feeling strongly about these types of cases it's a frightening and challenging time to be a parent. I say vent all you want our courts will do what they will with Casey according to law. I see nothing wrong with guilty people and society for that matter being exposed to public opinion. Everyone should know just how angry and fed up people are. While some might be a bit premature in their feelings I don't think they are far off track.

The fact is Caylee is dead and Casey as an adult parent was responsible for the care of that child. Whatever the facts are in this case it will not reverse the outcome and that is what angers people.



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
i wasn't cracking jokes. i was making a point. would you really like to see a society where parents were accused of child abuse, convicted by a jury and sentenced to death?

[edit on 13-4-2009 by mrwupy]


Uh, just how did the murder of this child become equated with child abuse?


I suppose murder would be the grossest form of child abuse, but I believe any reasonable, thinking person could see and understand the difference, and thus the different penalties for the two crimes.



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I am opposed to the Death Penalty in any and all cases. No human has the right to strap another down and take their life, one murder for another.
Additionally, even if some crimes appear to warrant execution, if one....only one innocent person dies under the law that allows it, it must be stopped.

I have lost people in my family to murder, in one case it took 12 years to have the scumbag brought to justice. While the option was there for the family to take it all the way to a first degree murder trial, the daughter of the victim asked that it not be done. She said that her mother has been gone for so long and to put the family through a trial would not benefit anyone. The man had cancer anyways and is now enjoying the hospitality of NYSDOC for the next 20 years, I doubt he will survive that long.

I know people in prison and let me tell you, death is far easier than living life in a maximum security prison. Women in prison are horrible to those that have killed their children, trust me on this. These women miss their children and regret ever day they have to be separated from them. She will suffer plenty.

As another person mentioned the cost of the many appeals and court costs have been found to be so much that some states are being very picky about capital cases. I don't agree with prison for non violent offenses, but this sort of crime deserves punishment. Being locked away from society, family and whatever friends she has will kill her spirit. The abuse she will receive at the hands of the staff and inmates should satisfy any revengeful lust that any of you have against her. I see her as a sociopath not even cognizant of the horrible things she has done.



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso
I think those who want the dealth penalty for this women are people who have children themselves, who love and care for their own children because they are precious and loved like nothing else on the planet.




That's why this annoys me - I HATE the idea of killing people in the name of loving children.

Doesn't anyone else see how fundamentally wrong that is?



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I am opposed to the Death Penalty in any and all cases. No human has the right to strap another down and take their life, one murder for another.
Additionally, even if some crimes appear to warrant execution, if one....only one innocent person dies under the law that allows it, it must be stopped.

I have lost people in my family to murder, in one case it took 12 years to have the scumbag brought to justice. While the option was there for the family to take it all the way to a first degree murder trial, the daughter of the victim asked that it not be done. She said that her mother has been gone for so long and to put the family through a trial would not benefit anyone. The man had cancer anyways and is now enjoying the hospitality of NYSDOC for the next 20 years, I doubt he will survive that long.

I know people in prison and let me tell you, death is far easier than living life in a maximum security prison. Women in prison are horrible to those that have killed their children, trust me on this. These women miss their children and regret ever day they have to be separated from them. She will suffer plenty.

As another person mentioned the cost of the many appeals and court costs have been found to be so much that some states are being very picky about capital cases. I don't agree with prison for non violent offenses, but this sort of crime deserves punishment. Being locked away from society, family and whatever friends she has will kill her spirit. The abuse she will receive at the hands of the staff and inmates should satisfy any revengeful lust that any of you have against her. I see her as a sociopath not even cognizant of the horrible things she has done.



I'm sorry to hear about that, and you're right - angry women are even scarier than angry men. They are OBSESSED with justice and are very vengeful, from experience.



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 



Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Originally posted by tomfrusso
I think those who want the dealth penalty for this women are people who have children themselves, who love and care for their own children because they are precious and loved like nothing else on the planet.




That's why this annoys me - I HATE the idea of killing people in the name of loving children.

Doesn't anyone else see how fundamentally wrong that is?


this case isnt about punishing casey for not loving her child or because others love children.

this case is about giving casey the ultimate punishment for the ultimate crime.


Originally posted by Donnie Darko

I'm sorry to hear about that, and you're right - angry women are even scarier than angry men. They are OBSESSED with justice and are very vengeful, from experience.


what is wrong with justice and you should look at the facts behind the numbers associated with all types of violence. men are ahead of women and you comment was just uncalled for and maybe sexist.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by elitegamer23]



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57
 



Originally posted by redhead57
Being locked away from society, family and whatever friends she has will kill her spirit. The abuse she will receive at the hands of the staff and inmates should satisfy any revengeful lust that any of you have against her.


confused how you dont support the DP in any shape or form but u condone torture .



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
She googled how to break a kids neck? Good Lord, doesn't she read the news? Go to the library if you want to research methods in preparation for a capital crime.



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I do not condone torture at all but am speaking the truth about life behind bars. People on this thread are talking about vengeance and revenge so if that is what they are looking for a life sentence would surely fit the bill.

I am a huge supporter of prison reform and have seen the abuses first hand. I have loved ones currently incarcerated so I know just what it does to a person to be taken out of society and to become largely invisible to the rest of the world.



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
^Elitegamer,


I just don't believe "an eye for an eye" is justice. Justice has just become codeword for revenge. It's about payback, not about bringing order to society.

And for the comment on female criminals, haven't you ever heard "hell haven't no fury", nah, it was a broad statement.

I don't know why I'm getting so much flack for being against killing somebody.



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
^Elitegamer,


I just don't believe "an eye for an eye" is justice. Justice has just become codeword for revenge. It's about payback, not about bringing order to society.

And for the comment on female criminals, haven't you ever heard "hell haven't no fury", nah, it was a broad statement.

I don't know why I'm getting so much flack for being against killing somebody.


im not giving your flack for being against killing somebody, its about perspective for all of us.
i look at the DP for casey as justice not murder.
she premeditated murder on her toddler and not only showed zero remorse, she went out and acted like a slut and got drunk.

she obviously loves HER life too much , so lets take that away from her. its the only punishment that can fit this crime.



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
^Elitegamer,


I just don't believe "an eye for an eye" is justice. Justice has just become codeword for revenge. It's about payback, not about bringing order to society.

And for the comment on female criminals, haven't you ever heard "hell haven't no fury", nah, it was a broad statement.

I don't know why I'm getting so much flack for being against killing somebody.


im not giving your flack for being against killing somebody, its about perspective for all of us.
i look at the DP for casey as justice not murder.
she premeditated murder on her toddler and not only showed zero remorse, she went out and acted like a slut and got drunk.

she obviously loves HER life too much , so lets take that away from her. its the only punishment that can fit this crime.


We can agree to disagree



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 



Originally posted by Donnie Darko


We can agree to disagree


i will agree with you on that my friend.

i wouldnt be so dead set on seeking the DP for casey if these pictures of her getting drunk and being a slut werent surfacing . they were taken after the killing of her child.
images.google.com...

also feed on this bit on info....
www.zimbio.com...


“No emotion, no tears and no regrets,” is how Casey was described on that day of death, when she rented a movie about a kidnapper and killer just hours after, detectives believe, she murdered her daughter.

The new photos show Casey without Caylee, arm in arm with her boyfriend, after they chose two movies to rent. One rented was “Untraceable,” about a kidnapper and killer. The other was “Jumper,” about a mother who abandons her 5-year-old child, who then can teleport himself.


this woman almost thinks its a joke and a good thing she murdered her child. i think she would enjoy sitting in prison have sex with other women too much so i really believe death to be the only punishment that will really pay her back for what she did.



[edit on 14-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

[edit on 14-4-2009 by elitegamer23]



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
IMO......In this case a better sentence would be 99 years in solitary confinement
with female guards as her only contact. Give her plenty of time to think about what she did.
With no one to flirt with that would just about kill her.



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The question you ask when weighing the death penalty is whether or not this person could ever could ever truly feel sorry for their crime and whether or not they could be rehabilitated if for some reason, God forbid, they were released.

In this case, the mother clearly tried to cover up the story and only broke down in tears when she knew she had been caught. She's the type of person selfish enough to the point where she would snuff out her own innocent flesh and blood to get her way. And all this talk of child abuse or her father being Caylee's father also is a bunch of BS that's beside the point - it doesn't mitigate the fact that this woman knew exactly what she was doing when she planned the murder of her own daughter, researching ways to snap her daughter's neck ahead of time, as if it were some weekend project.

I'd say the answer is clear. This women will never be sorry for her crime - she's sorry she got caught. And as for rehab? Not with someone like this.

Execute her sorry a$$, I say. There's no reason any taxpayer should have foot the bill for her lifelong stay in prison. Hell, I'd even pull the damn switch on a monster like her!

[edit on 14-4-2009 by sos37]



posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 



Originally posted by Donnie Darko


We can agree to disagree


i will agree with you on that my friend.

i wouldnt be so dead set on seeking the DP for casey if these pictures of her getting drunk and being a slut werent surfacing . they were taken after the killing of her child.
images.google.com...

also feed on this bit on info....
www.zimbio.com...


“No emotion, no tears and no regrets,” is how Casey was described on that day of death, when she rented a movie about a kidnapper and killer just hours after, detectives believe, she murdered her daughter.

The new photos show Casey without Caylee, arm in arm with her boyfriend, after they chose two movies to rent. One rented was “Untraceable,” about a kidnapper and killer. The other was “Jumper,” about a mother who abandons her 5-year-old child, who then can teleport himself.


this woman almost thinks its a joke and a good thing she murdered her child. i think she would enjoy sitting in prison have sex with other women too much so i really believe death to be the only punishment that will really pay her back for what she did.



[edit on 14-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

[edit on 14-4-2009 by elitegamer23]




omg. that's horrible.



posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I live about 45 mins from where this happened and it's always on the news. I think she should sit in prison the rest of her life. It would be much worse since they dont like people who kill kids. It would not be easy and she is young so spending the rest of her life in prison thinking about what she did would be worse punishment IMO than death. Death is the easy way out for her.



posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 


the only way i could even imagine prison for life being a just punishment for her is if she spends the entire time in solitary confinement.
then she would still have the option to read a book or talk to her family and i think since she took these wonderful things from her daughter, she doesnt deserve them herself.



posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm not up to date on this case, but has she actually been proven guilty yet?

And if so, what was the evidence?



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join