It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State reverses itself, will seek death in Casey Anthony case

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

My mother and father gave me welts when I was a child, but that was the times back then, the law needs to evolve with the current state of affairs. Now I am usually against the death penalty for mostly anybody.

Exept people who murder and rape children, these people aren't to be saved and I don't wanna pay 80K a year to keep them cozy in nice prisons under security watch because the other inmates want them killed.

It's like the witness protection program for diddlers, it's ridiculous.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Ya I think life in a mens prison would do just right for her. For the cost of death row she can be in jail her whole long life cheaper

she would enjoy this too much im guessing.

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

i wasn't cracking jokes. i was making a point. would you really like to see a society where parents were accused of child abuse, convicted by a jury and sentenced to death?

the executions could number in the millions! and i'm sure the govt would falsely accuse political opponents of crimes against children so they can eliminate them.

it's just not a good idea to extend the death penalty, or even to have it at all. it is the Gateway to Genocide. casey is scum though of course.

stealing a lollipop from a kid isnt child abuse its just ignorant.
i didnt say people should be put to death for child abuse. i think casey should be put to death for premeditated murder on her defenseless child.

florida has capitol punishment and many other states in the usa do and i cant remember the last time i saw genocide taking place in the usa.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

My mother and father gave me welts when I was a child, but that was the times back then, the law needs to evolve with the current state of affairs. Now I am usually against the death penalty for mostly anybody.

Exept people who murder and rape children, these people aren't to be saved and I don't wanna pay 80K a year to keep them cozy in nice prisons under security watch because the other inmates want them killed.

It's like the witness protection program for diddlers, it's ridiculous.

~Keeper

Ah okay.

I would hope you would support the DP for Hitler, Stalin, Idi, etc too though in that case.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Originally posted by Xtrozero

stealing a lollipop from a kid isnt child abuse its just ignorant.
i didnt say people should be put to death for child abuse. i think casey should be put to death for premeditated murder on her defenseless child.

florida has capitol punishment and many other states in the usa do and i cant remember the last time i saw genocide taking place in the usa.

that wasn't to you, that was to ToTheTenthPower, but he explained that for me.

Actually Florida and other states, I believe can no longer use the DP for things other than murder.

and i'm not convinced the DP in Texas under George W. Bush wasn't used to get rid of opponents.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

But like I still disagree. I mean my grandma used to hit my dad and even HE forgives her. I think executing her for that would be absurd, for example.

beating your kid and murdering your kid are kinda two different things. im not for child abuse either. i believe we have the laws and punishments that are just for such cases of serious abuse.

do u think hitler should have been given a chance to live after killing so many people?

im just sick of seeing so many kids raped or killed and i think we shouldnt give people like casey an opportunity to live anymore. will locking up child murderers ever stop the raping and killing or children? no , but we sure as hell can get rid of these sickos who do such.

i know u are totally against the death penalty and your answer to hilter should have been given life in prison will prove that.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

If we ARE going to execute child abusers, it should ONLY be for murder. not for physical, emotional or even sexual abuse. it's just opening a door for mass executions.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
and i think Hitler should have been either shot on sight or sent to a foreign prison, maybe in Israel. a supermax just for him.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

do u think hitler should have been given life in prison? ok u answered, now u dont even think he deserved a trial? how can u not support the death penalty but u are ready to get rid of the whole judicial system. i think having a trial with a jury that leads to a death sentence is more humane then the first soldier on sight being judge , jury, and executioner.

i always thought hitler was just a psycho and that is what led to the genocide of the jews in ww2.
i didnt know it was a direct result of germany having the death penalty .

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

do u think hitler should have been given life in prison? ok u answered, now u dont even think he deserved a trial? how can u not support the death penalty but u are ready to get rid of the whole judicial system. i think having a trial with a jury that leads to a death sentence is more human then the first soldier on sight being judge , jury, and executioner.

i always thought hitler was just a psycho and that is what led to the genocide of the jews in ww2.
i didnt know it was a direct result of germany having the death penalty .

i think it was pretty obvious he did it, but yeah they should have given him a trial, just for the principle of it.

and i didn't say that in the case of Hitler Germany having the DP caused genocide. though the Nazis idea of "life unworthy of life" is essentially the same idea that the American death penalty is based on, only extended to entire races and faiths of people.

but if the dp were extended in AMERICA, i can guarantee you it would be used to eliminate dissendents, and a lot of those executions would be done for false crimes against children.

i also want to note Barack Obama wants to execute child molesters, even though he supports letting babies who survive abortion die.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wow- so did they decide to go for the death penalty because they found new evidence? A new witness came forward? I'm just wondering why the change of heart (so to speak).

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Its crazy to think that without Nancy Grace this would never have happened. She has been on the Cally Anthony story for months now. Its crazy that sensationalism can influence the activities of the judicial system.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakelford

The speculation is that her brother Lee was Caylee's father, and there have been statements made by her mother that apparently verify that the two had a relationship. Soemone who works for the NAtional Enquirer dug up a source recently who claims a young man who committed suicide two years ago is the biological father and they are attempting to petition to have his brother's DNA tested to prove it. Caylee does look like this young man, who was of irish descent which they are claiming may be behind the mother's shamrock fetish. (her family apparently is italian-american)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MC esher
Its crazy to think that without Nancy Grace this would never have happened. She has been on the Cally Anthony story for months now. Its crazy that sensationalism can influence the activities of the judicial system.

nancy grace CALLED for her execution?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Actually Nancy has done that several times!
I don;t know which is worse, a media figure who oversteps the line in investigations OR a justice system that is so go------nm apathetic and clueless that tv hosts have to prompt cops to do their g-----m jobs. Welcome to Florida my friends! Personally, I;m on Nancy;s side on this, we need more advocates even if they are pimping cases for ratings.

A guy on talk radio here had a long program tonight about the Orlando
cops failing to respond to emergency calls or refusing to work. Once the the callers said he and his girlfriend found a young robbery victim dying in the street ouside the old CHurch Street Station complex last month and called for help...whcih came 20 minutes later. Then harassed them for helping the man to stay alive and for clearing blood out of sinuses before he drowned in it. This kind of thing goes on all the time here and things have not improved one bit since Sheriff Kevin Beary was finally booted out. And you wonder why the state is bow reversing its decision to play up public support!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Why because she was forced to kill her own daughter, or because her daughter was the result of an affair between her and her father, or brother ?

If either one of those things were true, would it justify her actions ?

I'm sorry but i don't believe anyone could have "forced" her to kill her child. I could NEVER kill one of my boys, i'd kill myself before allowing myself to be forced to kill my child. A mother's instinct to protect her child comes before everything else, a mother will give her life to protect her child, something is seriously wrong with this woman. There is absolutely no excuse for what she did to her child.

[edit on 4/13/2009 by chise61]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

"There has been some suggestion that she may have been "forced" to kill the little girl, and that the victim was the product of an incestuous affair. We may never know, but that still leads me to the conclusion that the death penalty is wrong."

Why because she was forced to kill her own daughter, or because her daughter was the result of an affair between her and her father, or brother ?

If either one of those things were true, would it justify her actions ?

I'm sorry but i don't believe anyone could have "forced" her to kill her child. I could NEVER kill one of my boys, i'd kill myself before allowing myself to be forced to kill my child. A mother's instinct to protect her child comes before everything else, a mother will give her life to protect her child, something is seriously wrong with this woman. There is absolutely no excuse for what she did to her child.

Nah, yeah, she did it. That's pretty clear I think.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

and i didn't say that in the case of Hitler Germany having the DP caused genocide. though the Nazis idea of "life unworthy of life" is essentially the same idea that the American death penalty is based on, only extended to entire races and faiths of people.

but if the dp were extended in AMERICA, i can guarantee you it would be used to eliminate dissendents, and a lot of those executions would be done for false crimes against children.

i also want to note Barack Obama wants to execute child molesters, even though he supports letting babies who survive abortion die.

hitler and stalin was kinda your proof that the DP leads to genocide.
the american DP is nothing like the genocide that took place in ww2. apples and oranges. your guarantee that if the DP was extended in america it would be used for genocide is a misinformed hypothetical. more states are actually getting rid of capitol punishment as oppsed to more starting it.

your comment on barack obama, well u should research that more in detail. i think you are believing propaganda from the elections.

here read over this, i think its just a matter of perspective and political bias.
www.factcheck.org...
this quote from the link is important and should be understood to come to a clean understanding of the situation.

" It is worth noting that Illinois law already provided that physicians must protect the life of a fetus when there is "a reasonable likelihood of sustained survival of the fetus outside the womb, with or without artificial support."

ill also add this from wiki...
en.wikipedia.org...

In 2008 the worldwide execution rate was 2,390, with China responsible for executing approximately 1,740, Iran 342, Saudia Arabia 102, Pakistan 36, the United States 37, and Japan 15.

37 is far from genocide and only .014 per million people are put to death in the usa in 2007.
very very far from genocide or anything leaning towards genocide

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is a deeply troubled woman...

Why give her the easy way out? I say let her think about it every second of every day for the rest of her life in jail...rather than killing her and giving her peace.

Life is about making mistakes. What do you do from those mistakes? You reflect on them...

I dont agree with giving the death penalty...not because she doesn't deserve to die but because perhaps that's what she wants at this point...

Justice isn't death.

Plus for the parents sake...they've lost a grandaughter...now they lose a daughter...you can't help but feel some form of pity for them.

She deserves to rot in jail, not get a get out of life free card. She's probably been hoping for suicide at this point...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I am against the death penalty in most cases, but in this case I dont have a problem with it. She lives in such a fantasy world that she could just have an imaginary life in her mind that would make prison tolerable for her.

I have followed this case closely but I have never heard anyone mention that her father committed incest with her. Sound a bit far fetched to me.

Casey is so mental and in need of attention I could almost see her seducing her brother at some point, but it still wouldnt justify her crimes.

Donny and Rusty, you make it real hard not to insult you

[edit on 13-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I hope people understand that just because I'm not calling for Casey's blood, doesn't mean I support what she did.

I just don't see how putting her in the ground too will bring poor Caylee back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join