It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State reverses itself, will seek death in Casey Anthony case

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

State reverses itself, will seek death in Casey Anthony case

NEW YORK (CNN) -- In a dramatic reversal, the Florida state attorney's office announced Monday it will seek the death penalty against Casey Anthony, the 23-year-old woman charged in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.
(visit the link for the full news article)

my link didnt work, so ill post it here.
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 13-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
most people call me a liberal but i agree with the decision to seek the death penalty in this case.
it sickens me to know some of the details of this case, and the selfishness of Casey to kill her daughter so she can have a party /slut life.

she googled how to break a kids neck. that is sick, and she deserves the same fate she gave her little girl.

im speaking out of emotion here because i have a little girl myself so i really am not looking for an arguement over capitol punishment.

i just thought id share this new development.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It's a total tossup!! Whom is more guilty?
Casey Anthony or Scott Petersen?

Maybe they can both date eachother... on DEATH ROW!!

[edit on 13-4-2009 by xbranscombex]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I certainly agree, anybody who harms a child in any way shape or form on purpose deserves to either rot in jail for the rest of their natural lives, or get the chair.

She knew what she was doing, she made her bed, time to sleep in it.

The the above poster...Hillarious, I really wouln't be surprised.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There has been some suggestion that she may have been "forced" to kill the little girl, and that the victim was the product of an incestuous affair. We may never know, but that still leads me to the conclusion that the death penalty is wrong.

Furthermore, I am very concerned about the state reversing itself, regardless of the circumstances.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

Hmm, yes, a man sitting on death row without any physical evidence linking him to the crime. Don't get me wrong, he probably realyl is guilty, but we don't know that with all certainty, and therefore it sets a dangerous precedent, especially in this time when the government is not to be trusted.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
More and more stuff is coming out all the time isn't it?

I think casey is just a sociopath.

Only a sociopath could murder their own child and go out as if nothing happened.

I think the death penalty is too good for her. permenant isolation.

I think the parents knew about it and were covering up.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
...I think the parents knew about it and were covering up.

Yes, which really opens up some serious questions about the overall culpability of the accused, and the veracity of the case for death penalty. It has been suggested that her father, was also the father of the victim.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by RustyShakelford]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Let's torture her and rape her and cut her into a thousand pieces to show we love children!

no i think life in prison is the right answer. there is no reason to take two lives.
even if she is a heartless biznitch.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I certainly agree, anybody who harms a child in any way shape or form on purpose deserves to either rot in jail for the rest of their natural lives, or get the chair.

~Keeper

So um, if someone steals a lollipop from a kid, which is mean of course, they deserve to be tortured and killed?

I think they are using these cases against children as propaganda to get people comfortable about the death penalty again, so they can use it against political opponents.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

What the hell kind of logic is that? What part of HURT a child did you not understand?

Taking a lollipop doesn't hurt anybody, come on use your head.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

What the hell kind of logic is that? What part of HURT a child did you not understand?

~Keeper

Well um I suppose you're emotionally hurting them.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
It's a total tossup!! Whom is more guilty?
Casey Anthony or Scott Petersen?

Maybe they can both date eachother... on DEATH ROW!!

[edit on 13-4-2009 by xbranscombex]

im sick of these types becomming some kind of celebrities.

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

~Keeper

So um, if someone steals a lollipop from a kid, which is mean of course, they deserve to be tortured and killed?

I think they are using these cases against children as propaganda to get people comfortable about the death penalty again, so they can use it against political opponents.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Donnie Darko]

just here to crack jokes? you know what he meant.
have a child and have someone rape and murder your child and see how much you would be laughing.
it would be a good guess that you would want to put your hands around this persons throat and kill them yourself.

here is a joke for you, change your name to donnie dukakis

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

~Keeper

Well um I suppose you're emotionally hurting them.

Really? Come on Donnie, you're obviously smarter than this. You understood perfectly well what I meant in my first post. The point was that ANYBODY who HURTS a child physically I mean kills, rapes, tortures.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I would be more than happy to snap her neck while she watches video of her little girl. What she did was sick and she deserves to be tormented anyone who could do that to a little girl needs to be on death row. May God have mercy on her soul I wouldn't.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Beach Bum]

[edit on 4-12-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

~Keeper

since when does trolling involve using your head?

where did these rumors of incest come from? i guess we will find out in court if this is true.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i wasn't cracking jokes. i was making a point. would you really like to see a society where parents were accused of child abuse, convicted by a jury and sentenced to death?

the executions could number in the millions! and i'm sure the govt would falsely accuse political opponents of crimes against children so they can eliminate them.

it's just not a good idea to extend the death penalty, or even to have it at all. it is the Gateway to Genocide. casey is scum though of course.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ya I think life in a mens prison would do just right for her. For the cost of death row she can be in jail her whole long life cheaper

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

...I think they are using these cases against children as propaganda to get people comfortable about the death penalty again, so they can use it against political opponents.

Also consider the impact of accusing someone of molesting a child. It makes no difference if the person is actually innocent. The accusation alone will ruin a persons life.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by RustyShakelford]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Yeah dude, I'm sorry. I didn't so much mean it that way.

But like I still disagree. I mean my grandma used to hit my dad and even HE forgives her. I think executing her for that would be absurd, for example.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by mrwupy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join