It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infinity and Super-Consciousness

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This theory is fairly abstract, although based on well established ideas and concepts. The first important idea is: In quantum physics, it is now seen that at a very fundamental level, all things are interconnected. The entire universe is a "web" of interconnected energy. The second idea is not accepted by science because scientists like to think they can pull apart an atom and find the smallest and most fundamental piece of “matter”. Even though I’m fairly certain it’s established fact that all particles are really just a complex “knot” of vibrating energy. The second concept is this: Assuming all matter is merely an illusion created by high frequency vibrational energy, I now assume that such energy can be obtained in infinitely small or large quantities. There is no “quanta” of energy or intervals involved with such a fundamental form of energy. Now, if this were true, you could zoom in on such energy much like you could zoom in on a fractal pattern such as the Mandelbrot set, infinitely. If you don’t know what the Mandelbrot set is or what I’m talking about, watch the following video: www.youtube.com...

Firstly, let us take the concept of the infinitely small but now reverse the zoom in, to a zoom out. Now picture zooming out on the universe and the same thing happens. There is no end. You start with the planet, you zoom out and see your solar system is nearly impossible to spot in the cluster of stars and planets we call the milky way galaxy, and you keep zooming and you see your universe, and it’s almost impossible to tell the galaxies apart, and zooming out further you begin to see a cluster of universes, and they start to look like a galaxy, and you zoom out some more and you see even more of these clusters made up of whole universes, and you go even further and it turns out all those clusters made up an atom, but an atom of a totally new, and larger scale world. Your universe and thousands of others exist in that atom. If that made no sense, and you wish for a better visualization of that, the following video shows something similar to what I just described: media.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, I ask, doesn’t it seem possible that you could have an infinite amount intelligent beings living inside you right now and doesn’t it seem possible that some of the life forms could be billions of years or more ahead of the human race, and even those beings have other beings living inside them…it’s an infinite cycle. There are worlds so small or so large and so full of life, and unseen to us, but just as complex and detailed as our world on an infinite amount of levels. Is it crazy to assume I have beings extremely more intelligent than myself living inside me? I don’t think so.

The next concept I want to talk about has to do with “God”. Considering we are all connected, and assuming you can zoom in and out infinitely you come to the conclusion that we must also be a part of a “larger” being and so on. It isn’t necessarily more intelligent than us. That being would even be a part of a larger being. I know it’s all very confusing but I think from all of this we can produce what I call “super-consciousness”. An intelligence that resonates through all of time and space and through these infinite levels of existence. I’m not talking about “God” where there are heavens or hells, or any other ridiculous human conjuring produced in a striving for security and comfort. The brain gives us self-awareness through a complex network of electrical connectivity. In other words, an extremely complex but structured and ordered system which manages energy in such a way that computation and cognitive function takes place. Now, considering the universe and everything in it, and the infinite levels of existence, is all interconnected, it is arrogant to say that from such complexity, super-consciousness will not spawn. Such a complex network will, just by mere chance, develop energy systems so much more complex than the brain, and it seems impossible that intelligence will not occur, and when it did, it would quickly manipulate and adjust the remaining space-time and energy systems to let it grow further. There are the intelligences that we exist inside of, than there are the intelligences that exist within us, humans and all other intelligences existing on different levels are only existent in a tiny fraction of space and time. Imagine a consciousness built from all levels of space and time, resonating through every level of existence. The dreams and imagination of such a consciousness would be complex enough to spawn sub-consciousnesses inside of its own super-consciousness. In other words, it could create a whole separate intelligence by imagining or dreaming of one. We could merely be the product of a super-consciousnesses dream, although that wouldn’t make us any less real.

I found it hard to put these theories into some sort of meaningful and coherent post but I hope you guys can make some sense of it. Cheers.

--CHAOS--

[edit on 13/4/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
WOW!

Quite profound.

I don't know what else to say but I'll have to digest that over a day or two.

Certainly sounds plausable.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
To me, this super consciousness is God and we are all of this super consciousness and are essentially the super consciousness itself, but seperated through time perhaps. Seperated by something, we lack the superconsciousness, but we can tap into the superconscious like Edgar Cayce and Jesus Christ. It is embedded deep within us, but somehow disconnected. Perhaps by our own manifested conscious?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
entanglement is quite mind blowing isn't it?

To consider everything is connected since it came from the same source.
To consider the very atoms that make up your physhical body was part of many different things before it was a part of you.

I think entanglement applies to consciousness as well.
An electron can be a two places at the same time so why cant you?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Here is an image that I think sort of displays what you are trying to say. The tip of the tree or the bottom of the trunk is super consciousness. We are but the smallest branch.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/570f58a750f0.png[/atsimg]

I guess we are disconnected by a stream of departed consciousness like a river to the ocean.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer
To me, this super consciousness is God and we are all of this super consciousness and are essentially the super consciousness itself, but seperated through time perhaps.
Call it what you will but not many religions even come close to explaining it, and they are very wrong in assuming they know the will of such a consciousness. They know nothing of it, exept that a super-consciousness does exist. Don't be decieved by religion, it's merely the making of man, not super-consciousness. I'm not making any assumptions about you, I just hope you can think with a wider scope and not be a victim to the grasp of religion.

Originally posted by locster
An electron can be a two places at the same time so why cant you?
Precisely. Reality has no rules, we set the rules but that's another story. I have a paper on manipulation of reality with the mind, you just need to look, and you will see that we do it every day. You can read the paper here (it's fairly long): Enforced Logic - Reality and "Magic"

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Here is an image that I think sort of displays what you are trying to say. The tip of the tree or the bottom of the trunk is super consciousness. We are but the smallest branch.
That's not really what I was trying to describe. Don't mean to be harsh. I'll try to find a better representation, but it's sort of impossible.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

That's not really what I was trying to describe. Don't mean to be harsh. I'll try to find a better representation, but it's sort of impossible.

Well i think he's right, if you imagine the whole tree is us, but we are just conciously experiencing one little branch of it. We are entangled with the whole "tree" but we aren't conscious of it.

[edit on 13/4/09 by locster]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d00c4558151.jpg[/atsimg]Wisen Heimer, I also looked at your new thread with that pic. It's basically the same as this.

Well i think he's right, if you imagine the whole tree is us, but we are just conciously experiencing one little branch of it. We are entangled with the whole "tree" but we aren't conscious of it.

There is still a problem with both of our images. You zoom out from that tree only to see some more trees, which turns into a cluster of trees, you zoom out some more only to see more clusters, and so on. Essentially, picture the branches on that tree extending out into infinity...there are no ends to the branches. You keep zooming out but you keep seeing branches. You focus on one leaf, and you start zooming in on it and you see the cellular structure, then the atoms, then the particles that make up the atoms, then vibrating energy...and you keep zooming in on the vibrating energy...and you begin to see more branches...It's infinite in both directions, whether you zoom in or you zoom out. There is no trunk, the super-consciousness is the branches, and the leaves, and every bit on every level. It resonates through all of space and time. The problem with adding a super-consciousnees to this whole theory in such a way, is it essentially makes the consciousness infinite, it's mind has no end, nor a start. I find this the hardest part of my theory to understand, I didn't even want to add it, but I decided to because it gives more food for thought.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Exactly, energy is infinite, it loops on itself. Energy consist of waves, it can never be destroyed, only transformed.
Looking into the leaf is looking into your self. Now if you cant recognise the leaf, how do you recognise the tree, or even the cluster of trees it's in, nevermind seeing the whole forest.

EDIT: S&F

[edit on 13/4/09 by locster]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Exactly, energy is infinite, it loops on itself.
Is a loop really infinite? I don't think so, I think it's infact finite. When you zoom in on that leaf enough to see a whole new tree, you are in a whole new world, you haven't looped back around, hence, being able to have other intelligent beings, totally different species, living inside of you.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
That would be like other dimensions, no? I find the entire thing incomprehensible. Its like the other side, we can only just barely grace it. Though it is very much a part of who we really are or atleast it feels like it.

I have often thought that if you traveled so far into the depths of the universe that you would eventually find yourself in the same exact spot except you would be microscopic. I also have a thoery that the smaller you are the faster time is experienced and the larger you are the more time is expanded. I dont know why I think that, but I do. So when you entered Earth once again as a quantum microscopic entity you would pretty much be immediately vaporized.

Ive also debated whether or not the universe could actually have a middle or a starting point. I guess it could have started from everywhere at once or in several different places at the same time.

If that is true and it doesnt have a single starting point than my universe model should look more like this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0bc50b4cdc02.jpg[/atsimg]

But that is so complicated that it gets us no where.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
Is a loop really infinite? I don't think so, I think it's infact finite. When you zoom in on that leaf enough to see a whole new tree, you are in a whole new world, you haven't looped back around, hence, being able to have other intelligent beings, totally different species, living inside of you.

You could be right, it all comes down to perception i think.
If you see the loop as a figure 8, every time you pass the other part of the loop your perception of it changes, making it a realm of infinite possibilities.

I like your idea about every atom in my body could house it's own little galaxy or sentient being.
If you look at cells demanding the stuff they want (peptides), wich ultimately make you feel like you do, and make you do the same stuff over and over again, who's really in control?
Are we using them or is it the other way around?
Is there a bigger thing that is using us, just to get what they want?
I'd say yes, everything is entangled, it's a two way street.
We use cells, cells use us. We use our energy, our energy gets used by something else.

This is a great thread, it makes my brain hurt!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

That would be like other dimensions, no?

No, it's just zooming in and looking into a smaller world.

I have often thought that if you traveled so far into the depths of the universe that you would eventually find yourself in the same exact spot except you would be microscopic. I also have a thoery that the smaller you are the faster time is experienced and the larger you are the more time is expanded.
Why would you get smaller as you travelled and why would you end up in the same spot? My theory on time however is the faster your brain goes, the slower time flows...hey...that rhymes...lol...I think scientists are no proposing that bats can literally slow time by processing thoughts in a particular way.

Ive also debated whether or not the universe could actually have a middle or a starting point. I guess it could have started from everywhere at once or in several different places at the same time.

A starting point is a rediculous notion in my opppinion, so is the notion of a start altogether. Did it really start? It's like the question: "Is there an end to the universe, is there a brick wall or something similar? But then what's beyond that?" The same priciple goes for time: "Will there be an end of time, but what will happen after that?" So you see there can't be a start, for what was before that?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Your brain does timetravel almost every second of the day.
Studied and tested.

The universe probably does stop somewhere. IMHO it's just another sphere in just another system.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You could be right, it all comes down to perception i think.
If you see the loop as a figure 8, every time you pass the other part of the loop your perception of it changes, making it a realm of infinite possibilities.
Yes, but does that really mean the loop contains an infinite space? The universe must be infinite in space and time, as my last post explained.

This is a great thread, it makes my brain hurt!
Thank you

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I dont see any reason not to believe it might have started. What was before that? Why did it start? How is that even possible?

Well, How can it be infinite? How could it have never started? How is that possible?

Which makes more sense? They are both brain melters!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Your brain does timetravel almost every second of the day.
Studied and tested.
That it does. I actually think the mind is reading the energy system around you and figuring out the most likely outcomes of the future.

The universe probably does stop somewhere. IMHO it's just another sphere in just another system.
It stops some where? So what is beyond that? Is that even logical? If you mean the universe stops, but space or something continues, I agree. I think the "multi-verse" as we should call it to distinguish from our universe, contains an infinite amount of other universes. The thread on parallel universes I read the other day was brilliant because I had thought of that exact same thing before. If the multi-verse is infinite, and contains an infinite amount of universes, then by mathematical odds, there must be an infinite amount of universes out there precisely the same as ours, and an infinite amount slightly different in an infinite amount of different ways.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I think so, because the energy changes everytime you pass the line, changing your perception.
Then again, what is the real definition of infinite. We use our logic wich only implements the things we know, not the things we can't comprehend.

Energy can be changed into anything, so you have infinite possibilities wich can be in one place. The place of the energy doesnt change, only it's form.

I have no expierence in this field, i'm just thinking out loud and i could be ofcourse very wrong

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I dont see any reason not to believe it might have started. What was before that? Why did it start? How is that even possible?

Well, How can it be infinite? How could it have never started? How is that possible?

Which makes more sense? They are both brain melters!
Just as numbers have no end nor a start, time has neither a start nor end IMO. In a "time" when nothing at all existed anywhere in "existence", not even time, all of a sudden time and everything else exploded into existence...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join