It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does our creator want us to hate each other?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I have been inspired by a recent post about bullying to question my belief in a loving God/creator.

Why are we born with the natural desire to bully and kill our fellowman?

If God is Love, surely he would have created us without these evil instincts.

And they definitely are instincts. Even little kids love it if someone is embarrassed and humiliated.

Then they grow up and think it is ok to kill people (some of them do, I mean).

I am seriously questioning my belief now. I really thought that I believed in a loving creator, but now I think I believe in one who likes to set us against each other, and to play games. Maybe he/she is bored.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Why are we born with the natural desire to bully and kill our fellowman?

I personally dont believe it is that clean cut. There are a plethora of reasons why someone may wish to bully or kill someone else.

To answer that question requires a lengthy and deep discussion into human emotions.

If god exists and purposely instilled good and evil 'instincts' then look at it as a test or challenge to deny any evil act or thought.

Unfortunately the majority of the human race has spectacularly failed this 'test'imo.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Ok, I know that we are here to be tested, but the bullying thing horrifies me.

God is prepared to let children die because of bullying.

I cannot get my head around that one fact.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
You think you question your beliefs? I believe that we are all one being, at a cosmic, Universal level, experiencing itself subjectively. And parts of itself are bullying other parts of itself, unaware of itself that it's actually bullying.

Quite a head spin, you think if that is true (that we are all one) , we'd all try extra hard not to beat the crap out of each other. But oh noes... let the fights begin.

Personally, LOVE is the only true reality, some parts of us just seem to forget it.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
We are given free will, and what we chose to do with it is on us, as are the reprecusions weather good or bad and even though the concept of "hate" is present so is the concept of "love" it's simply our choice.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Yes, I agree that we are given free will.

What I am trying to understand is why bullying and hatred have been instilled in us from a young age by our creator.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Yes, Love is all.

Sadly, love is missing in a lot of people and, more importantly, it is completely absent between countries.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I suppose that you could say God is prepared to let anyone die for any reason. Its harder to swallow when children are involved.

Children bully other children for many reasons. Usually the 'bullyer' has suffered some form of abuse or trauma prior to becoming a bully.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This doesn't answer my original question abot God/the creator.

Did he/she put us here just to play a game of chess?

Probably, I think.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Yes, Love is all.

Sadly, love is missing in a lot of people and, more importantly, it is completely absent between countries.

Love is one of the reasons why we have violence, because in the end through learning about what violence truly is, we can fully understand why love is important, more valuable a commodity then violence in any quantity.

This isn't necessarily achieved in one lifetime mind you.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Isn't it more a case of those, who are at the top of the religious hierarchy, being self centred bigots and causing intolerance of others?
Most religions I have come across seem to outwardly promote peace and love of others, but the writings are twisted and interpreted by those who see themselves as higher than non believers.

I am content to respect the beliefs of others and would never presume to tell them that they are wrong, and try to impose my beliefs on them. Unfortunately, there are many who see it as their religious duty to criticise other beliefs and their practitioners and try to force their own beliefs on them. Religious faith is a personal thing and no amount of forced indoctrination can make an unbeliever believe.
Going to church every Sunday does not necessarily make one a good person, as I have found over the years, and many of the biggest bigots and intolerant people I have met have been connected with various religions, believing theirs to be the one true faith.

Remove this religious aspect and most people would get along without problems, or even just accept and allow people to follow their own faith system without prejudice or the need to impose your own views, and the world would be a better place.

Religion, like politics, is a dirty business. The longer ordinary people follow either of those, the longer we will engage in our own destruction while those at the top revel in their control over us all.
It has nothing to do with any God (or Gods) but how we as a society are manipulated.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

We are tested by the lord day to day. It is the devil or the bad energy itself that speaks through our ears to test our faith. We'r not born to hate our fellow man, we are tested.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Yes, I am all over this site as anti-churches. The churches are a bunch of hypocrites.

I thought that I knew where I was, but now I am floundering, except that the only constant I know is Jesus Christ, devoid of churches.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

That still does not tell me why babies are programmed to bully and tease, before they even know their own minds.

We have been programmed to do this, no question.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

This doesn't answer my original question abot God/the creator.

Did he/she put us here just to play a game of chess?

Probably, I think.
You are on the same train of thought as me because I've suspected for a little while now that we are all players in one massive game. If you try and get your head round it the pieces of the jigsaw then start coming together.I know it's "out there" and I'm sure we have a creator/s but this theory does explain quite a lot about human behavior etc.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Yessss. We are pawns on a giant chessboard.

Seriously, I truly believe that we are pawns in someone's game.

Oh well, let's try and enjoy ourselves in the meantime.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Why does our creator want us to hate each other?

I think you should ask:

"Why do we insist on blaming our behavior on a god "

Nice tactic of deflection we humans have when it comes to our owning our stinky behaviour.....

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Hello SpellBound
Hope you are well,

1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "

4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"
10 He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."

11 And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

12 The man said, "The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it."

13 Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?"
The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."

14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this,
"Cursed are you above all the livestock
and all the wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.

15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel."

16 To the woman he said,
"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;
with pain you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you."

17 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,'
"Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat of it
all the days of your life

18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.

19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return."

20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

21 The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." 23 So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

continued below...

[edit on 12-4-2009 by BlackViolet]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Yessss. We are pawns on a giant chessboard.

Seriously, I truly believe that we are pawns in someone's game.

Oh well, let's try and enjoy ourselves in the meantime.
It does actually make life easier when you follow our train of thought. You just have to hope they take you up the ladders instead of down the snakes

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

From previous...

Reading this we see that Adam (who knew better than to disobey) did as his wife said and as she was deceived by the devil then they both suffered,now seeing that they are the Father and Mother of all humanity then we being born to this earth have come to inherit the traits that they had,pride,arrogance and disobedience,looking around in todays world we see the effects of this,the things that we do to each other.
This is why Jesus came,not only to make away for us to come home again but also to change fallen hearts,to make them in his image and likeness,that is a process and something that we have to let him do but he will not force us,that is willing submission and what it means to love him.

Sorry for the two post but i ran out of letters

Hoep this helps some

BV.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join