It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does our creator want us to hate each other?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Thank you so much for your posts, Violet, but it still does not answer my question and I don't think that I will ever be able to answer my question.

So I have decided to just go with the flow, as a pawn in the game. I think that is the answer to happiness.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
Yes, I agree that we are given free will.

What I am trying to understand is why bullying and hatred have been instilled in us from a young age by our creator.

Nothing is instilled in you from birth except potential. You may not remember seeing forms of bullying and hatred as a child now that you are older, but these behaviours come from the observations of how humans interact with each other by the child as it is growing up.
Oh and there is no God there is only a creational energy which has no say in how you conduct yourself, your path through life is entirely up to you.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
I have been inspired by a recent post about bullying to question my belief in a loving God/creator.

Why are we born with the natural desire to bully and kill our fellowman?

If God is Love, surely he would have created us without these evil instincts.

And they definitely are instincts. Even little kids love it if someone is embarrassed and humiliated.

Then they grow up and think it is ok to kill people (some of them do, I mean).

I am seriously questioning my belief now. I really thought that I believed in a loving creator, but now I think I believe in one who likes to set us against each other, and to play games. Maybe he/she is bored.

I remember from an early age in school being taught to be ambitious, structure my goals, follow successful people, make decisions swiftly, take risks to win etc.

When I asked the question why? It was normally answered with get out of the class for having the wrong attitude or look at this guy here (richard branson, bill gates etc)

To me this is the problem.

Ambition = Greed
Structured goals = Broken plans
Swift decisions = Ignorance
Taking risks for monetary success = Being in severe debt

One mans pain is another mans gain in this society, why do you think it is called the rat race? Rats are vermin.

If you are paying off a debt, somewhere there is another person suffering as they missed out on that share of money (debt) that you were fortunate to gain.

When all of the life you thought you had is crumbling around you because of this, most turn to the very fabrics they were taught by society unfortunately.

As for questioning the nature of god etc.

God gave you the earth, god gave you life, god gave you free will, god gave you his son, god gives you his word, god gives you his judgement.

None of this would be given to anyone out of hate but because of the gift of free will, people can be bad if they want to be. The weak shall inherit the earth.

Would you rather have a god that points the finger and tells you exactly what to do? It would defeat the whole purpose of life itself.

Experience is our trial and wisdom is the goal.

Judgement is the fate that rests upon your soul.

I didnt mean for that to ryhme

There is nothing wrong with questioning. Ask.

Happy Easter

[edit on 12-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

i know, its so difficult; becuz the earths natural laws tend to favour the strong; the predator etc. why did god make some animals carnivorous? why did it (god) create suffering and pain? why does it make children and animals feel pain and suffer? why did it create a female spider that eats the males spider after intercourse? why did it let baby elephants die when they get stuck in mud? why did it create typhoid? or rabies? Or why does it allow monkeys to kill each other? or lions to kill innocent deer? or earthquakes? why does it allow some trees to end up dying of lack of water or to grow beside a freeway when others grow in someone's garden who knows how to look after them?

i have many questions.

But theres not much you can do but hope i think. and try to believe there's some sense to it all; altho its really hard to see sometimes.

what about prawns and lobsters that get boiled alive? cattle that get zapped? children in orphanages? bears in cages? orphaned baby orangutangs?

i think theres got to be a better place than here. maybe we're here to learn. so hopefully we can go to the better place. its hard to understand tho, or i find it hard.

there are also good things happening on earth; and places of great beauty; and moments of great happiness; and love; and wonder. so, if theres bad stuff there has to be good. maybe thats where hope lies.
altho i dont cliam to understand.

i think a good th ing to do is to 'protest' by being as good as you can be (just becuz if theres bad forces on this planet, then someone has to try to be the opposite). even if it seems to make no sense; what else is there? what do you WANt to be? i think thats the only way to look at it.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The only thing you could possibly define as a creator (and at some stretch of the imagination) is the sun, I'm not so sure it is a sentient object.

If there is a creator behind the secret of life writing a few dubious texts back in the day as proof of its exsistence it just seems a bit lame for something capable of creating the universe.

And to answer the original question there seems to be a difference of opinion out there as to who's 'creator' is the 'real' one, it might be obvious but this is the reason for most of the hate, bigotry and lack of respect for fellow humans we see in the world today.

Just think how lucky you are to be here, alive at this time and make the most of it, dont hate other people because you've read it in an old book or been told too by the media.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
yeah my point is: even if there was no god; or no good god; and all the laws of nature favoured you becoming a ruthless selfish person; is this what you would want to be? because in spite of all this, just becuz you dont want it; you can decide not to be that person; even if it doesnt make sense.

perhaps anything is possible. perhaps ...

even if this choice seemed insane and against survival instincts; i would still say what else is the p oint in being alive? what else is there? no ones perfect, or can be, given what life throws at them; i think all u can do is be as good as you can be and make the decision what you want to try to be.

i think its easy to be bad. i think those insticts are natural to us and come easy. its easy to put people down; be nasty; take things from others; even kill, probly. thats why its always a choice NOT to do these things. i think its a powerful choice. because its much tougher than following baser instincts.
we're sposed to think that the successful and powerful are better than the weak and put upon and poor. but if people have chosen the harder route, i think that makes them much tougher than the ones that take the easy way out. i think its EASY to be strong, tough and ruthless. i think its much harder to be kind and good to people and to not take more than your share and care for others. in actual fact, these people are MUCH stronger, than those who SEEM to be strong, on the surface.

and yet weak seeming people are often despised by our societies, or undervalued. because we dont recognise real strength when we see it.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mrlondon

oh and i dont believe the creator/god is any one of the major religions as i think all religion is about gods (plural) in other words, aliens.

when i say god, i mean the source, whateve rthat is; the real creator.

not some guy in a ufo dropping bombs on people.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

The Creator God of this particular universe doesn’t want us to hate each other, and we are not born with the natural desire to bully and kill each other by default.

After our last incarnation in animal form, we have our first incarnation as a human, somewhere on planet Earth. As an animal, we did not develop a sense of right and wrong, and this is part of a series of morals we have to learn in multiple linear lifetimes. If a person mixes with the wrong crowd and develops negative traits, then during a later incarnation, they will very probably bring these traits with them, if they haven’t rectified them between incarnations.

Each of us has a piece of our Creator God within, it’s just that for very many people, it’s buried very deeply. Our Creator loves us unconditionally, whether we are a saint, or a mass murderer; and it’s just that the latter has got a lot further to go to find the God which lies within.

People who mix with others of the darkness, tend to pick up the negative energies, whereas those who mix with people who radiate love and light, pick up the positive energies.

Our societies are controlled by humans of the dark energy; they own the media; print the money and say what goes; and that is why we are subjected to dark energy every day. But, their time is running out, and they will not hold onto their empires, as the light forces gain more ground. Once they have gone, we can turn our societies into loving and caring ones again. It doesn’t have to be this way.

Please Note:- If you listen to that still, small voice within you, which we call intuition; you will always know the truth and the right thing to do. Don’t let anyone persuade you otherwise; your intuition knows the truth.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by Tallsorts]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Ok, I know that we are here to be tested, but the bullying thing horrifies me. God is prepared to let children die because of bullying. I cannot get my head around that one fact.

Are you willing to risk having children? Knowing that any one of your kids can become a bully, a serial killer, a rapist, molester, or can be the victim of any of those aforementioned.

You are still willing to take that risk and give your girl/wife a child knowing the risks of their future?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Humans have a free will, and we have the ability to kill others. That's just the way it goes, and it could not be if it was not that way. Ex: Natural selection and survival of the fittest. I believe in creation, but believe that the "days" were just used so the ancient culture could grasp the concept of billions of years of time better. Metaphor anyone?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The true Supreme Being is the purest and most intense love and is all love and all merciful. It is the game of life that we are in that is effecting our exhaustion of imperfections. Usually it is coveting that results in violence. It is the effort to remove obstruction to the fulfillment of a desire. What we covet are objects and impulses in matter that have no permanence or lasting value. Yet, ignorant as we are, we still desire them and opposition to our desires facilitates anger. These are particular kinds of imperfects that are leveraged in this way. They imperfections are real and the most merciful solution is this game of life. There is no better way. The end result will be freedom from the imperfections that prevent our spirits being fully conscious in purely spiritual worlds that are diametrically opposite to the nature of these worlds and environments where there is love and love only. The Supreme Being is not desiring unhappiness or unpleasantness for us. In fact, life, even here, has more pleasant or tolerable moments to unpleasant moments though our attitudes make make a moment less pleasant than it might really be. The Supreme Being wants our spirits to be cleansed so that it can full participate in the purely spiritual worlds forever.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

Sounds like you believe in Urantia and all that New Age stuff.

"Spirit Worlds" and the like.

If you don't then I'm sorry for thinking that.

I just know all that to be false from personal experience.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallsorts

You channel don't you? Well I'm going to tell you those Midwayers ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK!!! Seeing 11:11 a lot? 1234? 2:12 or 333? Ascended Masters right? THESE ARE NOT FRIENDLY. Remember Satan's best ploy is he can pose as an angel of light.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I think it's pretty easy to understand. Competition is part of human nature. Instinctual in us as the drive to reproduce is. One form it can take is by lessening others, 'if you can't get better, lessen others'.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
the thing is .... there is no god ... yes, there must be a creator ... creator of us or this universe ... it is very possible that we are some kind of experience ... so, our dna is not perfect ...

well ... this subject is very hard because we dont have a clue in what is going on outside our box ... and that is a problem ...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hahaha, the creator doesn't want anything. It's your CHOICE to hate others.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The answer: Free will.

If we were born without these "instincts" then we wouldn't have free will. Free will means freedom to exercise (or not exercise) our will. It is not free if we don't have the choice. The reason God gives us free will is that if we don't have a choice of loving him or not it's not real, true love. God cannot give us limited free will (limiting our free will on the "instincts" you questioned) because then it would not be free will.

Good question by the way.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You channel don't you? Well I'm going to tell you those Midwayers ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK!!! Seeing 11:11 a lot? 1234? 2:12 or 333? Ascended Masters right? THESE ARE NOT FRIENDLY. Remember Satan's best ploy is he can pose as an angel of light.

If you really understood those with an Angellic energy, you would know that it is impossible for anyone of a lesser positive energy to emulate that. Furthermore, whilst there are high spiritual beings, and low dark beings, there is no Satan; no Devil, they are mythical creatures.

Should you ever have the good furtune to be in the presence of a High Spiritual Being, you would recognise them at once, for they radiate pure light; pure love and total positivity. Then you would have no further doubt.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

This is rediculous. Humans are born with free will. That is the whole point of religion. He doesnt want us to hate each other. He gives us the free will to choose how we live our lives.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
the thing is .... there is no god ... yes, there must be a creator ... creator of us or this universe ... it is very possible that we are some kind of experience ... so, our dna is not perfect ...

well ... this subject is very hard because we dont have a clue in what is going on outside our box ... and that is a problem ...

It depends what you mean by God. We live on one small planet in this universe, and this universe and everything in it was created by what is known as a Creator God. (I didn't make it up, that's what it/he is called).

We are in one universe, and with other universes, we exist in a Super Universe, which also has it's Creator God. There are then a vast amount of Super Universes in what is called Creation. This Creation was made in the great void by the Prime Creator. Its vastness and the extremely long timescales concerned can hardly be imagined by the human mind

Our DNA has only the bottom two layers activated, which is all we were allowed to have for living in the 3rd dimension, whereas multi-dimensional beings have up to the full 12 layers activated. What the individual is, is in their DNA. All our past incarnations are recorded in our DNA, that is our history, and it is vastly more complex than a bar-code. Currently, our 3rd dimentional scientists think the 10 unactivated layers of DNA are 'junk', but they are simply dormant until we reach the level where activation of some more of these layers is appropriate

It is possible to find out a little more about what's going on outside our box, but it isn't easy; you have to be very persistent, and have an open mind to consider many different matters.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join