It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had no idea that this(video) was going on!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well I am just perplexed as to what the video was showing, my curiousity is killing me. Maybe the video will get posted again, provided the OP is aware it has been removed. Or I may never know what this thread was about.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is the video ....

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Well, if this can help alleviate your disgust... in Italy is much worse than that but I know...

we are just Italians

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Wow they removed the video? dosn't surprise me though thanks for reviving it, could sombody possibly upload it to the ATS media site I'm sure it will be safe there? I'm just not sure how to do it.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bootsnspurs33
Are you serious or is this a joke,has no one ever heard of proxy voting? That's where a person or group of people who are not going to be able to be present ask other's to vote for them,it allows them to be some where different and still have their vote count. It's part of parlimentry procedure in political and business dealings,this reporter either knows this or she is an example of the lack of educated people leaving our universities and starting jobs they are NOT qualified for. It also shows how uneducated many of those who posted on this topic are.

OK Proxy voting would not involve one person jumping up and voting for 3 additional people and across party lines. Proxy voting would not be left in the hands of a bunch of button pushers crazily running around; where is the legitimacy?

Below is from wikipedia on Proxy voting:

Legislatures
The rules of some assemblies presently forbid proxy voting. For example, in both houses of the U.S. Congress, as well as in most if not all state legislatures, each member must be present and cast his own vote for that vote to be counted. This can result, however, in the absence of a quorum and the need to compel attendance by a sufficient number of missing members to get a quorum. See call of the house.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by interested-one

Right you are! and how do we know that the votes are really the votes(actuall) of the absent and not just the vote opinion of the chair hopping, button happy (exploitive dleted) person pushing the vote buttons?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I remember viewing a video similar to this awhile back. It seems very immature for lawmakers to conduct votes in this manner. If each member votes an average of four times then the outcome is skewed only a slight bit, although the outcome would most likely be the same if each of them voted once in a legitimate fashion. I guess this is why no action is taken against those who conduct in this way. if action was taken then just about every member would be disciplined.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Recloose

So would it be ok for me to go and vote in a presidential election say four times? no it wouldn't and thus it is unnacceptable for these people to do this, as far as all of them getting disciplined...oh well we citizens get disciplined for speeding and breaking laws why are they not held accountable for this misconduct and manipulation?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpusMarkII
man they act like children trying to steel from the cookie jar

Haha, I was thinking the same exact thing!

Originally posted by alyosha1981

So would it be ok for me to go and vote in a presidential election say four times? no it wouldn't and thus it is unnacceptable for these people to do this, as far as all of them getting disciplined...oh well we citizens get disciplined for speeding and breaking laws why are they not held accountable for this misconduct and manipulation?

I agree that it is unacceptable for them to be doing this, although if each one of them votes four times then its not much different. Say if everyone voted once and a single person voted four times. This would more drastically change the outcome. I agree that something should be done to re institute order in the voting session.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Recloose]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Recloose

Too bad the "cookie jar" happens to be people's lives and bills that partain to them.Second line.

Originally posted by Recloose

I agree that it is unacceptable for them to be doing this, although if each one of them votes four times then its not much different. Say if everyone voted once and a single person voted four times. This would more drastically change the outcome. I agree that something should be done to re institute order in the voting session.

Order is a concept obviously forign to these people, regardless of the details a vote is a vote is a vote, it shouldn't be this hard you vote yes or no and that's it .
[edit on 12-4-2009 by alyosha1981]

[edit on 12-4-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well they just took the video while I was in the middle of watching it. I'm new to video downloading...how do you download a flash video like that? I sure hope a few of you guys snagged it....well...night all

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Sadly enough, this is old news, and well known. Its called "ghost voting". Just google it. Here is one article that will make your blood boil. The corruption will not stop just because we want it to....

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2008/06/08/INFS114789.DTL

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

why do you call it your government still? we need to drop out like the hippies did in the sixties but refuse the mind control drugs. we need to answer to self and the creator not our so called leaders. they need to answer to us and non are even close to being responsible or accountable. one half of one percent might qualify! don't worry i wouldn't qualify either

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneEyeDollar
reply to post by alyosha1981

Sadly enough, this is old news, and well known. Its called "ghost voting". Just google it. Here is one article that will make your blood boil. The corruption will not stop just because we want it to....

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2008/06/08/INFS114789.DTL

I figgured as much, afterall I thought this can't be a new happening I just wanted to deny ignorance (mine) and any other's who might not have known about this, sad thing is upon reflection here I'm really not surprised, it's the Gov and I need to realize that unlike a jar of peanuts which I can open and get peanuts, the government is opposite one day it might be nuts, the next, jam, and the next, absolute bull**** all wrapped in a colorfull and atractive labell with the words "good for you" printed in bold.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

you really are kidding about your post! let me remind you if you forgot. do you remember the florida presidenial race four years ago? they said there was a problem with the voters butterfly punch cards. only this video shows the politician's butterfly ballots seem to have problems to!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I'm posting this video on every town talk forum in Michigan I can access...

And sending it to all the local TV stations...

I suggest you all do the same...for whatever good it will do...

This is criminal to the extreme!!!

[edit on 4/12/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Video is gone - congrats - you scared them

I downloaded it on my PC anyways. Don't want to post on youtube, because they might suspend my account.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

Bldvgr found and revived it for all to se! but I'm glad you did snag a copy of it just in case I wonder how long it will be before that one is gone too!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I am not saying that I agree that 'our' government is not representing us, but we were given the second amendment precisely for moments when the government becomes despotic and warrents removal. While they have all the weapons of war, unlike Russia, we are then ready, willing, and able to overthrow the despots. It is a fools errand to try to get all our guns so they can further enslave us. I'm not saying this is the case at this time, but it has always happened that good governments become bad governments, and we would be able to overthrow the tyrants. The self-righteous, condescending, arrogant sob's led by, possibly, an illegal alien from Kenya. But I don't believe that will ever happen. I believe that world history is coming to a head. Even time may in fact be speeding up, as the observation of light slowing down may indicate. Is it going slower, or are we going faster?

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Gregarious]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join