It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC: Undisputed 2009

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I really don't think I've ever been this excited for a video game.

As a huge MMA fan and a huge UFC fan, looking at the work that went into this game has me anxiously waiting for its' release. Local stores have issued guarantees that anyone who buys the game and doesn't like it, they can return it for a full refund.

I'd be completely surprised if this game is anything but amazing.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I definately Agree with you on this one!!
Can't wait myself for this game, along with the new "Fight Night"

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
A demo is being released next Thursday for the UFC video game. Apparently you can use Chuck Liddell and Shogun Rua in the demo, which will also come with a control tutorial. Very excited for this.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I've just spent all weekend playing this with my Bro, I thought Chuck was better than shogun. The Graphics and the commentary are first class, and after getting used to the controls I thought these were well thought out too.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The demo is just beyond words, in my opinion. I've been playing it non-stop. Initially I thought Chuck was much better than Rua, but when you really engage the ground game with Rua... it is a great approach to taking in the victory. Both fighters have their strengths that are tough to overcome.

Amazing graphics and some of the better controls for a fighting game that I've ever experienced.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yeah the demos awesome.

Played it non-stop for the whole weekend

Shogun is better than Lidell, although he's a little b*tch to fight against though on the harder difficulties, cos he just take downs you.

Can't wait to make a really hard asian kickboxer when i get the game.

Jacob

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've been playing the demo, the controls are quite complicated and there is alot to remember, the training took AGES, (Just tell me what buttons to press, I don't need to see a drawn out demonstration for each move).

Two sweaty guy's crawling all over each other doesn't do it for me (my dad came in while I was playing and asked me why I was kissing the other guy), but the punches to the head are pretty superb (knocking the gum shield out and all). I'll wait for the next boxing game.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Chukkles]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

The training takes no more than 15 minutes and once you go through it completely, the controls begin to come natural after a few fights. It will take awhile to get them all down and even after a week or so I was realizing a new one here and there, but after the initial 15 minute training... I'd say 85% of the controls were coming completely natural. And that's because of how slow the training is and how repetitive it is. Yes it is annoying and yes I was screaming at the game as well when I went through it. But putting up with it just once will give you a great understanding of the controls.

I'm actually amazed with how simple they've managed to create the controls.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

might need to invest in the game after playing the demo last night for over an hour....

Its really well made, smooth gameplay, good graphics and some very good moves.....

you on the box or ps

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

My 360 crashed for the fourth time a few months ago and I have just left it sitting their collecting dust. I picked up a PS3 at Christmas of last year and have been using that since.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

shame they dont make all games cross platform...that would be awesome...no so many people with PS3's and have the same games as me......

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
I've been playing the demo, the controls are quite complicated and there is alot to remember, the training took AGES, (Just tell me what buttons to press, I don't need to see a drawn out demonstration for each move).

Two sweaty guy's crawling all over each other doesn't do it for me (my dad came in while I was playing and asked me why I was kissing the other guy), but the punches to the head are pretty superb (knocking the gum shield out and all). I'll wait for the next boxing game.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Chukkles]

hahahaha lol - your comment made me laugh

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Okay!
I must say I have been playing the Demo more and yes the controls are coming along alot easier and I do enjoy putting the other guy on the mat, positioning myself leaning over him and just smacking him in the face.

The physics are superb, the graphics, (even on the 360) are very lifelike and If I will be able to make my own character I think I will really enjoy the full game.

I always loved the WWE games on the N64 from THQ (I never liked inputting codes to make moves ie. WWF raw, I think it was), especially with the character customisation, you could pick the look and every single move.
If you can pick your own moves for your character here that will be a bonus for me.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I can't wait for this, I heard that Randy Couture won't be in this??

en.wikipedia.org...

Also I would like to know If we are able to jump weight classes and fight other fighters in other weight classes, such as me (Cheick Kongo) vs (GSP) ??
Such as "Custom Fights" etc...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Game is released this Tuesday.

I'm sure in the exhibition format of the game, you can pick any fighter to fight against any other fighter.

Brock Lesnar vs. Nate Diaz? Let's get it on!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Game is released this Tuesday.

I'm sure in the exhibition format of the game, you can pick any fighter to fight against any other fighter.

Brock Lesnar vs. Nate Diaz? Let's get it on!

Thats what I wanted to hear!!

Also,

Lidell vs Lesnar
Kongo vs Lidell
Gsp vs Hughes
Gsp vs Ortiz

I need to get my hands on this game, I just pray to god that the above is allowed...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Game is released TODAY!

I work today but afterwards I'll be heading straight to pick it up.

Here is a great video of GSP fighting Dana White with the game. They use GSP vs. BJ Penn. Great match and great video of the two playing.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
It is a really fun game. They certainly have a great base to work with for future iterations. There are some things that I would like to see in the game but all in all I think it is fantastic.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hmm you Americans..

I have to wait 3 more days than you

Jacob

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Picked it up earlier and played it for a bit already. Really, really liking it.

It seems so far that you can only play the Career mode with a newly created fighter. That is a little disappointing.. but a small detail.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join