It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Seeks $83.4 Billion in Special War Money

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I wasn't aware Obama was elected to finish the war. I thought it was based on change.

Ending the war in Iraq isnt change? Or are you just playing the fool? Or does your conspiracy theory come into play regarding Afganistan? Because thats your little conspiracy.

There are folks that actually care about catching the killer on 9/11. You have your conspiracy, go chase the government, the real heros will be doing so in Afghanistan.

SG.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The Entire thing is BS .. Iran has setup talks to both Bush and Obama administrations.. Both have sat there and shoved it aside due to its not part of thier "View" and likeing.

Obama is going full throttle on this crap, hes instigated it and plans on clearly carring it out .. in the name of "no more nucular weapons in the world" besides USA....

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Regardless,

There remains unfinished business in iraq and afghanistan thanks to the overthrow of saddam hussien. You cant just overthrow a countries government, and then leave them there without guidance. This has been proven to be quite a task, and its going to cost money. This is obvious.

Change cannot happen until the mistakes made in the past can be repaired. And that is what the people of America and President obama are trying to do.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
it doesn't matter if inherited these wars or not. the point is they are both illegal and if was a true president and not just a puppet for the elite he would make a real effort to end these wars.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Ending the war in Iraq isnt change?

You missed the bus. Change happened in the Bush administration when they agreed with Iraq to a date to leave Iraq. 2011 I believe.

are you just playing the fool? Or does your conspiracy theory come into play regarding Afganistan? Because thats your little conspiracy.

How do you get a conspiracy with that one little line I posted? Let's just see when Obama puts an end to the Afghanistan war and we will see who is playing the fool.

There are folks that actually care about catching the killer on 9/11. You have your conspiracy, go chase the government, the real heros will be doing so in Afghanistan.

I have nothing but respect for the troops over there, but they are chasing the impossible IMO. Do you really expect 60,000 troops to find the ones responsible for 9/11 in Afghanistan? A place that is slightly smaller than the size of Texas. Also, most reports have the ones responsible hiding in Pakistan where we have no troops.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The iraq war is long past due.. and all we are doing now is fortifieing citizens over there... But regardless

This is at the direct cost of our economy. WE cannot afford it.. We have citizens loseing Jobs daily, we have people loseing thier homes left and right, haveing dam Tent Camps for Residental liveing.. We have towns createing thier own currancy just to function.

Our system is broke, and there is no fixeing this.. There will be no Mass Hireing by companies.. there will be no houses given away for free in order to support those who lost thier house ...

Our focus is to "Fix" Us. This nation getting worse and worse is not fixing other countries.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Bldrvgr]

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Bldrvgr]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by middleclasssoldier

Easier said then done.

Have you ever watched a friend play a video game, thats he's not that good at, and then he starts losing. Then he hands you the controller when he is about to die, and says, "here you play" and then you have to duck and dodge enemies with 0 Life left?

Thats kind of what its like for president obama right now.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

O'rly?
How about this: Obama = Bush.
What ever happened to Obama's "the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time"?

Stop drinking the Obama kool-aid.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
You missed the bus. Change happened in the Bush administration when they agreed with Iraq to a date to leave Iraq. 2011 I believe.

Change was already in the working during the presidential campaign when Obama stated his intent to withdraw by 2011. Change only happened to the Bush administration when it became apparent he was going to win the election and they decided to go ahead and declare withdrawal.

Rightwingers never wanted withdrawal from Iraq, until it became apparent Obama was going to win and withdrawal was inevitable, then they decided to give a damn.

How do you get a conspiracy with that one little line I posted? Let's just see when Obama puts an end to the Afghanistan war and we will see who is playing the fool.

Enlighten me further on this, please. Id like to know what the big bad Obama administration is going to do. Speculation from fringers is nothing new.

I have nothing but respect for the troops over there, but they are chasing the impossible IMO.

They are fighting to catch the man responsible for 9/11. You may have your own conspiracy over it, but to me they are fighting for those who suffered on that day. I salute them and I think catching Osama is possible.

Do you really expect 60,000 troops to find the ones responsible for 9/11 in Afghanistan?

Do you really expect the wars to all of a sudden end and the billions to all of a sudden stop? Do you really expect me to believe you will think any different of him regardless of what he does?

A place that is slightly smaller than the size of Texas. Also, most reports have the ones responsible hiding in Pakistan where we have no troops.

Troops are based next to the border with Pakistan. Regardless of how negative you feel about the circumstances of 9/11 I have faith in them finding that man soon enough.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
As for Afghanistan, Osama is still out there and we made a committment to catch that man since that dreadful day of 2001. Dont care what little 9/11 conspiracy folks have here, that man attacked out nation and thats why we're in afghanistan. Cant compare that to the hunt for Osama Bin Laden sorry.

The hunt for Osama bin Laden? C'mon. Is your sig really "won't get fooled again?" You'll have more success finding Emmanuel Goldstein.

Most intelligence agencies think Osama "Tim Osman" bin Laden has been dead since December 2001.

Osama bin Laden: A dead nemesis perpetuated by the US government

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
Most intelligence agencies think Osama "Tim Osman" bin Laden has been dead since December 2001.

Never limited him to being alive.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern GuardianThey are fighting to catch the man responsible for 9/11. You may have your own conspiracy over it, but to me they are fighting for those who suffered on that day. I salute them and I think catching Osama is possible.

Someone should tell them that Osama bin Laden isn't even wanted by the FBI for 9/11.

FBI says it has “No hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11”

On June 5, 2006, the Muckraker Report contacted the FBI Headquarters, (202) 324-3000, to learn why Bin Laden’s Most Wanted poster did not indicate that Usama was also wanted in connection with 9/11. The Muckraker Report spoke with Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI. When asked why there is no mention of 9/11 on Bin Laden’s Most Wanted web page, Tomb said, “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.”

Surprised by the ease in which this FBI spokesman made such an astonishing statement, I asked, “How this was possible?” Tomb continued, “Bin Laden has not been formally charged in connection to 9/11.” I asked, “How does that work?” Tomb continued, “The FBI gathers evidence. Once evidence is gathered, it is turned over to the Department of Justice. The Department of Justice than decides whether it has enough evidence to present to a federal grand jury. In the case of the 1998 United States Embassies being bombed, Bin Laden has been formally indicted and charged by a grand jury. He has not been formally indicted and charged in connection with 9/11 because the FBI has no hard evidence connected Bin Laden to 9/11.”

Check it out for yourself. Do you see 9/11 mentioned anywhere on Osama bin Laden's Most Wanted web page?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

The curious omission underscores the Justice Department's decision, so far, to not seek formal criminal charges against bin Laden for approving al-Qaeda's most notorious and successful terrorist attack. The notice says bin Laden is "a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world" but does not provide details.

The absence has also provided fodder for conspiracy theorists who think the U.S. government or another power was behind the Sept. 11 hijackings. From this point of view, the lack of a Sept. 11 reference suggests that the connection to al-Qaeda is uncertain.

Exhaustive government and independent investigations have concluded otherwise, of course, and bin Laden and other al-Qaeda leaders have proudly taken responsibility for the hijackings. FBI officials say the wanted poster merely reflects the government's long-standing practice of relying on actual criminal charges in the notices.

"There's no mystery here," said FBI spokesman Rex Tomb. "They could add 9/11 on there, but they have not because they don't need to at this point. . . . There is a logic to it."

Bin Laden, Most Wanted For Embassy Bombings?

Try again.
Better yet, keep to the topic.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Never limited him to being alive.

The only ones still alive are the 9/11 "hijackers." Clever bastards.

Hijack 'suspects' alive and well
BBC News
Sunday, 23 September, 2001, 12:30 GMT 13:30 UK

Another of the men named by the FBI as a hijacker in the suicide attacks on Washington and New York has turned up alive and well.

The identities of four of the 19 suspects accused of having carried out the attacks are now in doubt...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
reply to post by Vyrtigo

O'rly?
How about this: Obama = Bush.
What ever happened to Obama's "the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time"?

Stop drinking the Obama kool-aid.

Thats highly laughable and absurd. But i dont expect any less from you, or people like you. Though i do hope someday you will learn.

How exactly did bush magically transform into obama? I dont think Obama can fumble and bumble at the podium like Dubuya if he wanted to.

And what you aim to achieve by making ignorant remarks like "stop drinking the obama kool aid" is beyond on me. Unless you are trying to tell me that you have a low intelligence quotient, if so. Point taken.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Vyrtigo]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
reply to post by GoldenFleece

"There's no mystery here," said FBI spokesman Rex Tomb. "They could add 9/11 on there, but they have not because they don't need to at this point. . . . There is a logic to it."

Bin Laden, Most Wanted For Embassy Bombings?

Try again.

Try what again? Try to explain why spokesman Rex Tomb thinks it's "logical" that Osama bin Laden isn't wanted by the FBI?

Try to explain why he neglected to tell the Washington Post that the FBI has "no hard evidence" against bin Laden?

The FBI's attempted explanation, "They could add 9/11 on there, but they have not because they don't need to at this point. . . . There is a logic to it", is both illogical and inexplicable.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

And once again southern guardian comes to Obama’s Rescue; this guy would defend obama if he was a child Molester. This man is spending the country in to Oblivion but the Obamanites who worship the very ground he walks on will never see the truth. What part of YOU CANT SPEND WHAT YOU DON’T HAVE do these people not get. Our national Debt is getting closer and closer to the GDP of this country.

Like I Have said in previous post If Obama wants to save the economy he need to stop spending the best way to do that, Bring every American soldier Marine, Sailor and Airman Home let the U.N police the world. Cut off all Foreign aid to countries like Africa who do nothing for them selves Let the U.N feed them. If the world rots around us so be it we have our own problems to deal with.

Charity and helping your Neighbors is all good and well but you have no business neglecting your own Family to do so. When every American who wants a job has one, when there are no Homeless and no starving people in this country then we can worry about the rest of the world that is if they can survive with out us!

I swear I hope Obama Fails at ruining this country!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

And just where are we going to guide them to ? How can we give guidance to anybody when our own country is coming apart at the seems ?

83 billion for a war that the people oppose when we have record numbers of people unemployed, losing their homes, etc. and just where exactly is this money supposed to be coming from ?!

And sorry but Obama isn't trying to change anything except to change this republic into a communistic country.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
First of all this makes me smile mostly because it proves it's just the same ride over again.

For you who say this money is for taking the troops back from Iraq , please direct me towards that certain information because i had not seen it. It's money to maintain the already existing military operations and to move troops around.

All this funding from money that we obviously don't have , will just make the war in Iraq even longer , and make the war in Afghanistan without an end.

Fatality.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I can't really argue with funding our troops. But that's besides the point. We have been in Iraq since 2003 and in Afghanistan since 2001. It's time to bring the troops home.

I find it humorous Obama ran on bringing the troops home, and here he is expanding/keeping our presence in those two countries. Where is code pink?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join