It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Seeks $83.4 Billion in Special War Money

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
So Americans are living in tent cities and squatting in repossessed homes in rising numbers and these idiots want to spend 83 billion dollars on some war on the other side of the world.

Insanity.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
So Americans are living in tent cities and squatting in repossessed homes in rising numbers and these idiots want to spend 83 billion dollars on some war on the other side of the world.

Insanity.

You have that right.
Where are our priorities?
More killing - more wars where no one wins...
Spending money on death - instead of life.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

First the complaints are directed to the fact that too many people are receiving government aid. Rich people are mad because they have to pay more taxes which goes towards government aid programs.

Then The complaints are directed towards the war in iraq, there is no pleasing you people.

The people who are sleeping in tents, (not obamas fault) are atleast taken care of medically, while money an effort has to be spent "fixing" the problems in the middle east.

Of course these people need to be helped and taken care of. So why is it that people are complaining so much about being taxed?

i dont get it.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Vyrtigo]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

The people who are sleeping in tents, (not obamas fault) are atleast taken care of medically, while money an effort has to be spent "fixing" the problems in the middle east.

With all due respects Vyrtigo, I don't see why America (or Australia, Britain etc)
should have to spend one dollar to "fix the problems in the Middle East".
If our grandchildren are going to be paying off all this money that is getting racked up right now, then it could at least be spent on something that will benefit their lives in their own countries.

No amount of money that we spend is going to "fix" the problems in the Middle East. We all know that. Once one problem is "fixed" another unforeseen one will crop up. Just as it has for the last couple of centuries.

You'd have better odds of "winning" by taking the money and blowing it on the crap tables in Vegas than spending it in the Middle East IMO.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Obama Seeks $83.4 Billion in Special War Money

Hmmm.. is this so he can STOP the war(s) ??!!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I get the feeling you already know the answer to that one spinkyboo.

You'd think stopping wars would be cheaper than 83Billion.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

too many contradictions in this post for me to point out right now. Im gonna have to get back to you on this one. I get tired of repeating myself.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

Oh i see now it's ok for Obama to spend 83 billion on fixing the problems in the middle east as long as Americans that are sleeping in tents are taken care of medically
. and just what exactly gives you the impression that their medical needs are being taken care of ?

It's not our responsibility to fix the problems in the middle east. You don't feed your nieghbors children when you don't have enough food to feed your own.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Its not our responsibility to fix things in the middle east? You should have told that to bush before he usurped iraq.

Now it has truly become a bleeding wound which must be attended to.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

The middle east has had problems way before us that had nothing to do with us and they will have problems after us.

Bush never represented the American people, and certainly never listened to what we had to say.

I am not responsible for the actions of Bush, especially since i did not vote for him, just as i am not responsible for the actions of Obama, didn't vote for him either
. If he wants to waste more money over there let him spend his own money, but he can keep his hands off of mine.

We're complaining about being taxed because they are taxing us without representing us. They steal our money to spend it on what they want to spend it on, and never even attempt to hear what we have to say about it. They are placing people that haven't even been born yet into debt. I don't mind paying taxes for the upkeep of this country and it's people, but damn don't steal my money to fix the problems of others when i can't even afford to fix my own. For cripes sake if they want me to bend over at least ask me first.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Well, i dont know...

It just sounds like the same stuff i hear everywhere i go. I swear there is a script somewhere that you antichrist-obama people are secretly e-mailing each other or something...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

Umm, no emails from anyone for me....

Besides, I think the point is, things were supposedly going to be different with this new government. How is carrying on with what the Bush adminstration started changing anything?

From what I remember not many people agreed with the War in Iraq to begin with. It's not our fault if our voices aren't heard and totally ignored by those in power. Its not a Bush or Obama thing.

People have had enough and don't want any more war.
People are broke with hardly enough to live and refuse to pay extra taxes to cover the cost of the continuation of this unwinnable war.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

Ok could you please clarify, are you saying that i am the anti-christ, or that i think Obama is the anti-christ ?

If you're saying that i believe him to be, i think you'd be hard pressed to find a post of mine where i say that. My opinions of Obama are a result of researching his political background, and living in Chicago and seeing just what a poor job he did at representing the people here, and who he associated with and had shady business deals with. Funny how he said that he was going to put an end to corrupt politicians and hold them accountable, and then after being elected appointed members to his staff that evaded paying their taxes, and even appointed an AIG director to his task force.

Did ya ever think that if you keep hearing the same stuff every where you go, there just may be some truth to it

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

Oh and you didn't answer my question. Just what exactly gives you the impression that the medical needs of Americans sleeping in tents are being taken care of ?

Edit to add: hope to see an answer to my question tomorrow, i'm off to go write some anti Obama script and email it to my "antichrist-Obama" commrades

[edit on 4/10/2009 by chise61]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
reply to post by Vyrtigo

Besides, I think the point is, things were supposedly going to be different with this new government. How is carrying on with what the Bush adminstration started changing anything?

You are obviously very confused since you keep asking the same question over and over.

Let me ask you a more philosophical question.

Do holes dig themselves? and then fill themselves once again?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Im just saying that all i hear from people with your attitude, chise. Is the same thing over and over. And no, there is no truth to it. If you guys had any will to search for truth on your own instead of believing the first thing that you hear on right wing propaganda fueling conservative talk radio, then maybe i would even be inclined to engage in an actual discussion with you.

how do i know that the people living in tents are being taken care of? Well for one, the whining about being taxed. Also, pres. obama has created a website where you can see exactly how and where your tax dollars are being spent.

Another thing, Its up to the people living in the tents to apply for government assistance if they want it. If they do,then most likely, they will receive it.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett
And once again southern guardian comes to Obama’s Rescue; this guy would defend obama if he was a child Molester.

Thats fine Ill play. Obama can make the world perfect and he will never satisfy fringers. Hateful regardless.

This man is spending the country in to Oblivion

The man is spending on the country and investing in the country. At the moment this mans stimulus package is whats holding the nation up, and if he didnt do anything it'd be much more of a mudfest from your fellas. So really, theres pleasing. As if you could give a damn during bushes first years.

but the Obamanites who worship the very ground he walks on

I dont worship him, I support him and his policies. Thats fine though, continue with your generalizations..... and speculations.... thats what you folks been doing on here for years, hasnt amounted to anything really.

will never see the truth

Your truth died off with bushes credibility years ago. Yes please oh please tell me you have nothing to do with him and you "hate" him. Theres a major "distancing effort" by fringers going on.

YOU CANT SPEND WHAT YOU DON’T HAVE

However you choose to see it... just calm yourself down.

Like I Have said in previous post If Obama wants to save the economy he need to stop spending

Stimulating the economy Im afraid is the only way to keep things afloat. If Obama was to do nothing, not only will you folks be suffering more but you'll all be heckling him about it and blaming him for "doing nothing". You fellas are like a bunch of stubborn kids, not satisfying.

the best way to do that, Bring every American soldier Marine, Sailor and Airman Home let the U.N police the world.

And you think totaly withdrawal will cost nothing? Mind you I agree, dont see use for bases in Europe or Japan, but the notion of him withdrawing and it costing nothing is just naive.

Cut off all Foreign aid to countries like Africa who do nothing for them selves Let the U.N feed them. If the world rots around us so be it we have our own problems to deal with.

Exactly and thats something I agree with. No thanks to the bush and reagan administrations for furthering that reality though.

I swear I hope Obama Fails at ruining this country!

Well thats not a very good thing to say when trying to push a point.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Vyrtigo

Well what you guys are ignoring is the fact that bush did not finish his war. Obama has to finish it. thats why we elected him. Remember?

I wasn't aware Obama was elected to finish the war. I thought it was based on change.

Finishing wars isn't a change?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
As for Afghanistan, Osama is still out there and we made a committment to catch that man since that dreadful day of 2001. Dont care what little 9/11 conspiracy folks have here, that man attacked out nation and thats why we're in afghanistan. Cant compare that to the hunt for Osama Bin Laden sorry.

funniest thing ive read all week.

second line

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
funniest thing ive read all week.

second line

you find what this man did or what he is funny?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join