It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Seeks $83.4 Billion in Special War Money

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Well he has no choice. He came into a troubled economy and costly wars meanwhile Osama bin laden still out there laughing.

your being sarcastic right?

you do know Osama Bin Laden has been dead for years? and when he was alive the CIA is the one that trained him and financed him?

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Darth_Prime]

A couple of months ago Wolf Blitzer from CNN
asked Dick Cheney if we might find Osama before inaugaration day.

Is Blitzer a serious newsman.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I wasn't aware Obama was elected to finish the war. I thought it was based on change.

The election of Obama has brought about change -- change from the Federal coffers (created out of thin air) has moved to the pockets of the Wall St (and foreign) banksters. And you and your children have been tapped to pay it back.

It's time for some payback all right. But not the kind of payback this government sleeze is thinking about.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

I have been following this thread and just out of curiosity, how many user names do you have on ATS? The structure, grammar and tone of your rhetoric is very similar to a couple of other "new" ATS members/trolls. You like to provoke, accuse and assume yet you offer little intelligent two way dialogue.

Just seems a little odd.

As for Obama's special war money... I am not surprised by this sudden request. He has been trying to railroad as much as he can and as fast as he can since his inauguration. Obama is off distracting the nation while congress has been very busy with spending and voting. I can barely keep track.

For those that think that Barry is just mopping up after Bush, keep dreaming. Our war on terror has been going on since at least the days of Clinton. Clinton's solution to terror attacks was to just lob a few cruise missiles at the problem and move on. We're in deep now and Barry knows it. His focus has been Afghanistan since day one. Don't be surprised when he pulls a massive bail out in Iraq and ships the troops off to the sacred land of Aghanistan and Pakistan.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
[edit on 10-4-2009 by son of PC]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I do not often feel compelled to post, but I feel that in this case a response is warranted. In fact, am outraged.

Vyrtigo, Southern Guardian:

It is entirely ignorant and foolhardy to insist that the same people that are unhappy with the current state of affairs under Obama are the same people that supported Bush. Although (regrettably) we do function under a two-party system, it is downright blind to assert that anyone criticizing Obama necessarily belongs to your opposing political party.

Has it occurred to either of you that we are not pissed off because there's a democrat in office, but that we are just plain PISSED OFF at what is going on? There are no two ways about it: there are seven, eight, nine, countless different ways to look at any political discussion and it is downright insulting that you assume that in this particular instance that it is due to personal prejudice that we react the way we do.

The people have been screaming without a voice for nearly a decade, and there's no indication that we will be listened to anytime in the foreseeable future. Nobody expects to walk away from the Middle East without spending another dime, but to use that as a vehicle of rationalization is exactly the kind of thing that we are fed up with.

I would contend that the vast majority of dissenting voices in this thread do not support ANY of what has been going on in the last decade. We want real representation, real direction and although we were promised that during the campaigning there is zero indication that spending will be curbed, the focus will return to domestic issues and that the rampant corruption inherent in our so-called representatives will be reigned in.

I do not say this lightly but you, sirs, are blind. It's not an issue of whether Obama inherited these problems. Nobody blames Obama for what is going on in the world. However, we were told that there would be a new direction and that has yet to be seen. Bush has been "ending" this war for 7 years, what is it again that Obama wants to do with this $83B? Continue 'ending' it.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Chilkoot]

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Chilkoot]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

How do we 'finish' the war? I thought Bush declared victory on that aircraft carrier years ago? As long we are stationed there like Roman legions, it will just keep pissing off more and more Iraqis thus creating insurgents.

The War on Terror is a sham.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I thought the problem with some of the deficit is that Bush didn't budget any war money. It was never budgeted.

This whole thing is odd.

To the previous poster, it is not endless war. But we can't just pull out suddenly, it has to be a little more gradual as the new governments adjsut.

Both of these countries have been under a regime. Everything they say or do has been dictated to them. It is not easy to establish a government and expect it to run. There is a lot of training that has to be done.

There are still eastern european countries struggling to find footing after communism. When you don't know how to do anything it is not easy.

But leaving these countries unbalanced and completely unprepared, we leave them completely open to just be taken over by another regime.
Which is why it is so critical they have the army, security, and training and place and the people know how to run a government before we can leave.If we leave them in chaos, it would look even worse then invading the country.

It would be severe irresponsiblity on an international level.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

What makes you think he was in fact elected? Perhaps its just the way to appease the blacks and other colored people in attempt to prevent a possible revolution by appointed a black president but is still a puppet.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

People got fed up with the war quite a bit ago.

Bush's time was almost up so no one complained. We (not I) voted for a president that will bring change.

He has not.

You can punch me once, but do it again, and I will have to kill ya.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
well Give him the money, but this war better be over in 4 yrs at the most.

I want Afghanistan resolved, I want the Taliban, crawling on their hands and knee's begging for mercy, with a blood soaked white towel in their hands. If that is what it costs to end this War saga, so be it, but I want it done surgically and for God's sakes Strategically, once and for all, finish it.. I'll pay my taxes for that.. Yet I want no excuses for failure.
THIS STAR WARS CRAP IS GETTING OLD..

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LactoseIntolerant

That banner was for the carrier and the troops on it, not for Bush. They wanted it because their mission was accomplished, the White House just had it made for them. Having it showing in the background during his speech was just poor taste.

CNN.com
"The banner signified the successful completion of the ship's deployment," he said, noting the Abraham Lincoln was deployed 290 days, longer than any other nuclear-powered aircraft carrier in history.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Possibly even though he's less black then he is white and muslim separately.

and then there was a 2nd line.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xp4ul13x

Possibly even though he's less black then he is white and muslim separately.

and then there was a 2nd line.

i DON'T CARE WHAT HIS RACE IS, from what can tell, he has more of me in him then any color.. Its a little primitive to be rationalizing color or looks of people that have the stature and resolve and wit to lead. "primitive" look it up. How long will we remain stupid? We have to get past our differances before we can grow, people.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So it begins ... the disenfranchised Obama supporters and the diehard Obama supporter (SG/Vyrtigo) are now sniping at each other. I expect more and more people will be jumping off the Obama bandwagon once they realize that he's just another shill for the powers that be. There is no "change we can believe in" and there never will be in two-party politics. It's always, ALWAYS the same stuff over and over again. Democrats overextend government powers and tax the hell out of everything and truly trample on constitutional rights. Republicans limit government power and give tax breaks but put big business as a priority over everything else, even health care.

When does it end? What does it take for people to realize that a third party is the only way out?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

the 3rd party will be no different then the other two.. When it ends is when, Something Washington said almost a eon ago.. When the party's realize they are obsolete.... And the people are the future. Yet it will take great strife for this to appendage its way forward.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

I guess most Americans are primitive in electing him because hes indeed black.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Sorry, but I wasnt rationalizing his ability to lead based on his ethnicity, I was merely making a point to the post I was replying to which I'm guessing you neglected to read. He definatly has the ability to lead, I have no doubt about that, but in the correct direction he clearly cannot. And that's assuming he is the one making the decisions.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by xp4ul13x]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

I guess most Americans are primitive in electing him because hes indeed black.

that would be irrational... That would not make us primitive, yet it would enforce a dialect of reasoning reinforced by the concept of evolution, yet no matter how far behind we leave many, we must continue to progress... A stature is demanded by the World, a progression composed by a disregard to the utmost consciousness is demanded by ourselves and our derividens we are neither procastic in this influence nor are we conscious of such deviance yet we remain as a whole progressing towards a pillar that is something we feel unreachable yet when itis within our grasp even then will we let it go.. Until we can look ahead, we will always look for ways to fail, and blame the other.. It is conscious and influential in all we do, form lovers relationships to even mediocre friendships it is a human trait we cannot shake nor disenfranchise from.. We are what we are, our greatness will lie in our history as it has since pre-history, just wait for the pages to turn, it is this struggle that makes us who we are and who we are not... Our failure in the end will be within ourselves, with this I will make my absence.. Sad indeed, peridical greatness at a whole derivident yet hope we have, and have always, yet blinding the truth of who we are my friends... Yes I made up some of my own words...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Give me a break ! As if Mr. Bush won fairly ? Twice ?

I've read this whole thread and there are a lot of whiners here crying
their little mamby-pamby eyes out.

Get real. You all want instant gratification, don't you ? Do you REALLY think
you can stop a runaway train without any problems ?

Change IS here, like it or not. Something good is always worth waiting
for. Things are being taken care of. Slowly, and diplomatically.
Not instantly, not chaotically, not without reason.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
so....republicans spend trillions and it's FOR OUR DEFENSE

a democrat spends 80 billion and it's bad?

Please people.....stick to YOUR guns and stop listening to what others are telling you that you should believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join