It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hammerhead shaped aircraft

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
for these aircraft to be confirmed worldwatcher would have to see them but i dont think they r the ones

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
i seriously doubt this is the one but there is a chinese aircraft the chendu -j-10 or sumthin im not sure
btw anyone want to be in a aurora spyplane research project

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hey Jordan i dont get this stuff but im trying really hard LOL
Late

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Rutan made the proteus

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
edit: due to sarcastic comments towards other members

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The more recent Russian planes (Su-30? onwards and the Mig 1.42) are using canards in an unstable triplane layout, meaning(I think) that it works like a see-saw up and down thrust provided by the canards and rear fins around the axis of the main wing. However this was impossible to use until fly-by-wire and good computer technology allowed control of these beasts.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
what about the iai dagger and lavi?

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
well i really never heard of those can you post a picture or a link

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
QUOTE:
iai dagger and lavi

the lavi looked like an F-16 but project was cancelled same as super phantom 2000.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
this particular aircraft i have seen only in flight...I live near under the flight path of the local airport...not the international airport. I have seen it mostly in the early evening hours and late night. The engines are extremely loud..you hear it coming from far....and when it passes overhead it is fairly low.

Wow WW that quote of yours exactly describes what i just saw over my house two minutes ago. I ran out to see what it was because i see a lot of military aircraft flying low over head. When this thing gets closer (and likewise it was not low at all surprisingly b/c it was very loud engine noise) I see it has a big hammerhead shaped nose (looking from directly under it).

Came in here to search for any info b/c I have never seen a aircraft like that before other than the typhoon(which had way smaller canards compared to this). Low and behold ATS people are talking bout it lol.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
here is another that could be the jet world watcher saw the mig 1.42 also a private jet called avanti p-180 and on a website called airattack.com there was a few of hammerhead craft one called the chengdu sumthin and i cant remember the others.

Just read the rest of this thread and looking at all the aircraft people thought it could be.

MGJ, If I had to bet my money I would say without question it was the avanti p-180. The size, and especially the squared off wingtips and squared off wide canards on the front.

Must have been landing at Rickenbacher but it seemed a little to high, who knows.

Thanks for the help.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillresearchn911

I just saw this plane yesterday flying low over my house... we normally dont get alot of airplane traffic, unless really high up in the air...

Cool stuff though, I googled hammerhead airplane and ATS popped up first
gotta love it

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Talk about necrophilia!! lol

anyway - here's a couple more - both are small civilian transports:

Beech Starship: en.wikipedia.org...

Piaggio avanti:en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Yeah the one I believe to have seen was the 2nd link...

Hard to tell cause I saw the bottom of it, and not side/front/back/above views

Yeah after I posted on this thread I realized how old it was, hahah... oh well... Like I said though, I was just googling "hammerhead airplane" to try and figure out what it was... and this post was the top google link... very cool since I read ATS like all day long as it is...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I remember a thread some months back where someone wanted an aircraft identified that had "hammerhead" style front wings with a weird shape overall. Dunno what happened to that thread but I just randomly found this interesting image of a project called Sirius in design stage:

cache.gizmodo.com...

Original link with more info: www.gametrailers.com...

Apparently Sukhoi is involved in the project.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
imo this was not an experimental homebuilt aircraft. It was jet, I am sure at take-off you would be seeing flames from the engine...i'm no airplane afficianado but i think i know the difference between a jet and a homebuilt. so maybe the eze isnt it....the shape is sort of right though...just fatter and shorter extensions at the nose.

Is it the size of a personal business type jet? If it is they are very popular and have turbo props. I just forgot what they are called.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
anyone here heard of a aircraft with a hammerhead shark type profile in the front or nose it is made with shiny metal

Last week I emailed our resident 'ATS-pilot' (who apparently can't post right now) and asked him if he knew anything about this type of plane because I was baffled when it flew over my head last week!

I described it as just this: "a hammerhead shark-looking plane"! But he said he didn't know what I as referring to.

I believe it was taking off from (what I think) was West Palm Beach because it was ascending from west to east over the Atlantic Ocean from the direction of WPB. So, I'm not 100% sure of where it originated from but I am certain of what it looked like and that was, a hammerhead shark plane. Just picture a hammerhead shark and put wings on it. That's exactly what this looked like. Very ominous.

So out of curiosity today I Googled "Hammerhead shark plane" and this (ATS) was the first 'hit' on Google's search and I noticed this thread is 7 years old???

So..........has anyone in the past 7 years seen this except me and this 7-year ago original poster?

This plane absolutely exists except I have no idea of its purpose.
Please chime in with clues and opinions.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ah ha! I found something similar except, it was much larger and it was a jet (not propeller)

Creepy looking

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The Rutan designed aries mudfighter may be what you saw. google it cause i cant get a picture to post, hope this helps somewhat.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yes it's been linked to previously in the thread.

Why is it creepy??

By all accounts it is a very good aircraft - quiet, reliable, and economical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join