It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hammerhead shaped aircraft

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
it looks slow but really manueverable but probably not to stable and would take a lot of control to fly

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
i cant wait 3 years when im old enough to get my pilots liscense

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Scaled Composites designed the air frame, and the engines were made by Williams Research/Rolls. It was designed by Burt Rutan. He has designed the Raptor and Raptor D-2 high altitude RPVs for BMDO and the NASA ERAST program, a 40-meter wind generator for Zond, the X-35 for NASA and a tilt-body UAV for Freewing, as well, just to name a few.

The Proteus has set 3 altitude world records. The craft reached a peak altitude of 62,786 feet and sustained horizontal flight of 61,919 feet. On a second flight, Proteus reached a peak altitude of 55,878 feet while carrying a 1,000 kg (12,200 lb.) payload. All three records were set for aircraft with gross weights of 12,500 lbs. or less.

It is currently being adapted by NASA's Environmental Research Aircraft and Sensor Technology (ERAST) program. It can be modified to fit many roles, and serves as an extreamly versitile high altitude aircraft.

Hope that was enough info, cmdr

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
stop point whoring...

the xb-70

no idea what this is (EDIT: actually an r/c plane... sorry folks!)

shinden (yes, i know that that computer is from a computer game, BUT the japanese did build prototypes of it during WWII) (EDIT:ahem... it's another r/c plane, but none the less, it's still an r/c version of a real aircraft.)

rutan voyager

[Edited on 4/22/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Hope that was enough info, cmdr

that it was. thank you very much! i thought it looked like a rutan plane... it was just too odd to have been designed by anyone else.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
who built the proteus well thats a good question ill ask my pops tommorrow when i get home from school. i dont know im stumped. it is awesome looking

You're obviously online now, I just read three posts you made here on this thread on three minutes. Finding that info took me all of 5 minutes, longer then it did to type it out. Google it, baby!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
the xb 70 looks like the brilliant buzzard and the 2nd 2 are rc planes but u probably already knew that or atleast i knew u knew the 3rd one was

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
i would google it but i have problems posting links so that makes it harder

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

i would google it but i have problems posting links so that makes it harder

I didn't post any links for the Proteus
Just a synopsis of the info I read through from 4 different sites.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

the xb 70 looks like the brilliant buzzard and the 2nd 2 are rc planes but u probably already knew that or atleast i knew u knew the 3rd one was

what's the "brilliant buzzard"?

and no, i didn't know the second was an r/c plane. thanks!

the third, though, is an r/c version of a real plane. to me it looked like a picture from a computer game. i'm not wearing my glasses, so it's a bit hard for me to see.

EDIT: grammer

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
thats alright the brilliant buzzard is a rumored aircraft like the aurora its big and white and its mission is to fly to a high altitude and drop this uav called pumkin seed that can also be used in space but wat puzzles me is the seed just one round capsule so it would have to use anti gravity but who knows if that exists

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
im gonna get some sleep but id like to continue this conversation tommorrow so i guess ill talk later

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I checked all the pics you guys were kind enough to post. The plane i saw looks nothing like those shown. The closest one was the eze plane, I will try to draw a pic and scan it in over the weekend...wish i could get a snapshot though, i'm really curious as to what type of plane it is now, since it doesn't seem to be a commonly known one.

btw, I found out today that the Ft. Lauderdale air and sea show is next weekend, so that would explain the military aircrafts in my area.

[Edited on 4-23-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

what's the "brilliant buzzard"?

and no, i didn't know the second was an r/c plane. thanks!

the third, though, is an r/c version of a real plane. to me it looked like a picture from a computer game. i'm not wearing my glasses, so it's a bit hard for me to see.

EDIT: grammer

EDIT; spelling: GRAMMAR

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well im back if anyone wants to continue the conversation from last night id like to and world watcher if there is an air show do u think this jet u r seeing could be for the air show i mean maybe its a realy sophisticated show plane that u saw. tell me wat u think. i would go to the show just in case and take a pic if it is for the show then it could almost definitely be identified. but im starting to get to the point were im thinking wat u saw may have been a undiscovered plane exept by the military of course but i highly doubt this because u have seen it more than once and its coming from the local airport

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
another aircraft to look at is the super valkyrie and valkyrie the super looks like the xb 70 and the brilliant buzzard

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

another aircraft to look at is the super valkyrie and valkyrie the super looks like the xb 70 and the brilliant buzzard

the xb-70 is the valkyrie.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
oh really i always thought they were 2 different things that branched out of the same research project

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
here is another that could be the jet world watcher saw the mig 1.42 also a private jet called avanti p-180 and on a website called airattack.com there was a few of hammerhead craft one called the chengdu sumthin and i cant remember the others.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Then there is the Su-33 that has canards.. and the swedish Viggen too.. uhh.. and the french Dassault Rafale.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join