It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hammerhead shaped aircraft

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
anyone here heard of a aircraft with a hammerhead shark type profile in the front or nose it is made with shiny metal

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
lots of planes have this design, though it doesn't matter if the metal is painted or not. this is called a canard.

EDIT: grammer... yes, it was worse.

[Edited on 4/22/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
yes but name one other than the eurofighter typhoon and brilliant buzzard

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
the rutan veri-eze and long-eze are all i can think of offhand.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
is it my hammerhead plane sighting you are looking for...
post some links of planes you think might fit the bill and I will tell if that is what i seen or not.

btw, i am keeping my camera handy, will try to snap a pic when it passes by again.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
yea its urs this intrests me because ive never heard of that many hammer head aircraft other than the ones i told u but thos werent it so try researching the rutan or watever ones above

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
ill look for a pic or link ok and u can identify it

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
is it my hammerhead plane sighting you are looking for...
post some links of planes you think might fit the bill and I will tell if that is what i seen or not.

btw, i am keeping my camera handy, will try to snap a pic when it passes by again.

was it anything like either of these worldwatcher?

long-eze

vari-eze

i know there are a lot more, just i cannot think of them right now.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
the second one is close but to me the plane was large and the nose extension were slightly fatter and shorter... I'm going have to say its a 70% chance of that being the plane....good find.

would still like to see the other options though.

i forgot to mention that plane looks white in that picture, is it white or metal? I can't really tell....and is it a military or private jet?

[Edited on 4-22-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
well i just found a pic of the long-eze but cant insert it i guess u have already seen it

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
the one that u saw where was the airport or place u saw it

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
this particular aircraft i have seen only in flight...I live near under the flight path of the local airport...not the international airport. I have seen it mostly in the early evening hours and late night. The engines are extremely loud..you hear it coming from far....and when it passes overhead it is fairly low.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
there is one that looks even more like wat u r describing on a search of the long-eze on aol images click the link on the first pic i would post it myself but i have trouble

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
wat city though ur describing a jet right if so it cant be the rutan because i think those r planes

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
imo this was not an experimental homebuilt aircraft. It was jet, I am sure at take-off you would be seeing flames from the engine...i'm no airplane afficianado but i think i know the difference between a jet and a homebuilt. so maybe the eze isnt it....the shape is sort of right though...just fatter and shorter extensions at the nose.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
man this puzzles me my dad cant think of nothing and he flew test flights for years

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here's what I found for "hammerhead" shaped aircraft:

GRIPEN MULTI-ROLE FIGHTER AIRCRAFT, SWEDEN

SU-47 (S-37) BERKUT EXPERIMENTAL FIGHTER AIRCRAFT, RUSSIA

F-15 ACTIVE

Proteus

X-29 FSW

X-36 TFARA

I'm sure there are more, but this is a start.

EDIT: Added more Proteus pics because many seemed interested in it.

[Edited on 4-22-2004 by junglejake]

[Edited on 4-22-2004 by junglejake]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
world watcher would have to see them but im sure those rnt the one by the way he is talkin about the design of the aircraft

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
jj, i thought of the gripen, the su-47, and the x-29... but i just sort of figured there'd be no chance in hell of actually seeing them.

that proteus looks awesome though. who built that?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
who built the proteus well thats a good question ill ask my pops tommorrow when i get home from school. i dont know im stumped. it is awesome looking

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join