It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother executes son at gun range

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The moment a deranged mother held a gun to her son's head and executed him at a firing range

www.dailymail.c o.uk

This is the chilling moment a deranged mother held a revolver to her unsuspecting son's head at a shooting range and pulled the trigger, killing him before turning the gun on herself.

Marie Moore, who thought she was the Anti-Christ, took her 20-year-old son Mitchell to the Shoot Straight range in Casselberry, Florida, for what he thought was an afternoon's firing practice.

But as he concentrated on the target in front of him, his 44-year-old mother picked up a gun, pointed it at the back of his head and murdered him at point-blank range.
(visit the link for the full news article)

*Edit* had to change title to fit it wasnt working, if a mod can fix then cool. If not please dont delete because the title wouldnt fit. Actual title is the headline.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Im just disgusted with this headline, a 20 yr old kid with his whole life ahead of him. The person he was supposed to be able to trust the most executes him after tricking him into shooting practice at a local gun range.

Mitchell slumped to the floor dead as his mother stepped back, placed the gun in her mouth and again pulled the trigger. She died a short time later in hospital.

'I'm so sorry. I had to send my son to heaven and myself to Hell,' she wrote in a suicide note.

In rambling and tearful audio messages recorded before the incident she said she planned her son's slaughter to save the world from violence.

She said she heard God telling her: 'You have a gun. You can do it.'

www.dailymail.c o.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If only the range asked her to fill out a questionnaire including the question: "Are you now or have you ever been the anti-Christ" before allowing her to shoot.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

People. If you hear voices giving you the ok to go out and harm another person, or yourself, do not listen to that voice. Seek help immediately.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well don't blame the gun. If she didn't have that she'd have just killed him some other way.

Evidently she hasn't heard Obama is the AntiChrist!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The son knew this mother had mental problems and let her take him to a range for shooting practice?? Seems to be a cognocent disconect here by the son. I don't blame him, but I do find it very strange! I'm sure the anti's will try to blame the Range for the murder and the family will probably sue them, but if I was to know a family member had mental problems, the last place I would go would be the shooting range and let them anywhere near a firearm! Very sad and very stupid!
Zindo

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Some of the comments under the story at the Daily Mail site are ridiculous.
Apparently it's James Madisons fault she killed her son.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wow that's pretty weak.

Goes to show how religion can affect some people in the most horrible of ways. Not to bash religion, but when some people give blind obedience to a set of values this is what happens in extreme cases.

Very sad, I am wondering if woman seemed disturbed before hand. Maybe the staff could have noticed and perhaps helped.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
They said she was very anxious and hyper. Running around and looking over his shoulder. Dunno if that was a sign or not.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Some of the comments under the story at the Daily Mail site are ridiculous.
Apparently it's James Madisons fault she killed her son.

Yep do not read the daily mail, i do not like them either.

rubbish

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Why the hell did she have the kid in the first place? What a moron. So what you are the anti christ, why not go join a cult and leave the kid alone?

What BS. Voices? Yeah, sure everyone claims they heard voices, but they just are losers that hate themselves and want others to feel they are somehow special and not just some nobody.

People are just no good sometimes, sad for the poor kid.

She was probably on anti-psychotics.

Gee wonder why after the economy has collapsed people are at all surprised by the people going crazy.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by bubbabuddha]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
In this situation I think its doing a disservice to those who want real answers to try to blame firearms or even religion: neither of those were what actually took this young man's life. I'm no doctor but his mother sounded to be truly well insane and probably should not have even been permitted to be out in the world unrestrained given the types of issues it seems she was suffering with. In this case I suspect religion was just used as paint for her hallucinations and delusions, if it wasn't the Christian faith it would have been something from another faith or perhaps something created by the woman herself.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
what is most intriguing is that, currently, the supreme court's interpretation of a badly constructed phrase in our bill of rights (2nd amendment..)

allows women (and men) like the one in this article to purchase, load, cock, aim, and fire a gun of any kind.

Yeah....right to bare arms

Yet another prime example that there needs to be more restrictions and more regulation.

Had someone been supervising the firing range, might have been prevented.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Such delusional behavior is not confined to religion, it is also present in political fervor, ideological obsession, and many - many more.

Sick people are no measure of the world. The media enjoys plastering the various grotesqueries of human aberration for their 'shock value' journalism.

You can even see it here... where the users are providing or channeling the content.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
what is most intriguing is that, currently, the supreme court's interpretation of a badly constructed phrase in our bill of rights (2nd amendment..)

allows women (and men) like the one in this article to purchase, load, cock, aim, and fire a gun of any kind.

Yeah....right to bare arms

Yet another prime example that there needs to be more restrictions and more regulation.

Had someone been supervising the firing range, might have been prevented.

The woman was nuts. If she didn't have a gun she would've slit his throat while he slept, or poisoned him, or crashed her car while they were both in it, or bludgeoned him. The list goes on and on.

Only shortsighted fools blame the weapon for the murder.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This AP article has more info

She's always been a nut

Mitchell's father, Charles Moore, told police that Marie Moore had a history of mental illness and had previously attempted suicide and been involuntarily committed to a mental hospital in 2002 under the state's Baker Act.

Marie Moore refers to the incident in records she left for police and Shoot Straight, saying she spent a year in and out of a "mental home" but insisted: "I'm not sick." Family members found the audio tapes and three suicide notes late Monday and gave them to police.

She thought her son was some Jesus figure apparently

"I'm sorry to do this in your place of business, but I had to save my son," one message said. "God made me a queen and I failed. I'm a fallen angel. He turned me into the anti-Christ."

Moore said she could have killed only herself but felt she had to "save" her son and do it in a public way so the world could also be saved. "Hopefully when I die, there will 1,000 years of peace."

Here's a great example of one of these "regulations" gun-grabbers always support doing a great job:

The range requires that customers fill out a form with a series of questions, including whether they have ever been convicted of a felony or been declared mentally unstable.

I always love it when I buy from a shop and have to check those boxes 'yes' or 'no.' "Are you a fugitive from justice?" is my favorite.

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I fail to see how im blaming the weapon?

Did you even bother reading the post?
And please, seriously....leave your childish insults at home.

Im blaming the society in which we live for allowing her to obtain the gun.

You and many others have proven - she was crazy and delusional and people knew about it.

So...why was she allowed to obtain a gun?

Any witty comebacks for that such a simple question?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is sad: ( wow...man i feel bad for the kid.
DEF wasnt the guns fault, thats for sure..gun is nothing without soeones mind using it. Without a body, its just a table utencil or piece of decoration.
Theirs a story i learned, years ago, from my friends mom. Back in like 1985, near my home, thiers a bridge that goes over train tracks. One day, this 57 year old woman, drove her car off the bridge, and landed on the train lines. She survived, its not that fara drop, prob like 80 feet. When firemen and police got their she was ranting and raving the bible, the anti christ, and the end is near..
Ive heard sotrys like this before, makes me wonder how comon it is, for someone to use the bible in a form of suicide and murder? My freinds mom was saying,t he only reasons she could think she drive off the bridge, was she was mentla, unliekly or going through menopuase.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
So...why was she allowed to obtain a gun?

We dont know that she was.

According to FL state law it is unlawful for

The following persons to own, possess or use any firearm - drug addicts, alcoholics, mental incompetents, and vagrants.

Law on the books. Didn't do anything to prevent the crime. There's a shocker.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Wow that's pretty weak.

Goes to show how religion can affect some people in the most horrible of ways. Not to bash religion, but when some people give blind obedience to a set of values this is what happens in extreme cases.

Very sad, I am wondering if woman seemed disturbed before hand. Maybe the staff could have noticed and perhaps helped.

~Keeper

Yeah, I think she was probably insane. People should take mental illness more seriously.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join