It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother executes son at gun range

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Im scared the government will use this to do a gun grab. I dont blame the gun at all. Guns dont kill people, people kill people end of story. You know that electronic dbase theyve been talking about putting together with all of your medical records? Yeah they wanna put that right at the fingertips of the right people.

I dont have a problem with them refusing guns to insane people. I have a problem when someones been given antidepresents at the age of 12 for a few months, then the kid grows up and wants to buy a gun and he doesnt have the right to own one. All because someone thought he was depressed when he was 12.

I can see bad things coming down the line as far as guns go. And youre right, if she couldnt get a gun shed have poisoned him.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Fremd
So...why was she allowed to obtain a gun?

We dont know that she was.

According to FL state law it is unlawful for

The following persons to own, possess or use any firearm - drug addicts, alcoholics, mental incompetents, and vagrants.

Law on the books. Didn't do anything to prevent the crime. There's a shocker.

Agreed. And it's because there was nobody around who gave enough damn to enforce the law and check her out.

Probably some gun nut who allowed her to come in because "it's yer right, shucks!"

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I got a question. Why is this US event being covered across UK and Australia anyway? Is it because the crazy delusions?

Well here's a stabbing the anti-christ story they arent covering.

Is it because it's bizarre and outrageous? Well here's a dude who stabbed some guy over a fart.

It's obvious to me why they harp on a "gun" story. They're just as annoying as those evangelicals constantly recruiting.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I got a question. Why is this US event being covered across UK and Australia anyway? Is it because the crazy delusions?

Well here's a stabbing the anti-christ story they arent covering.

Is it because it's bizarre and outrageous? Well here's a dude who stabbed some guy over a fart.

It's obvious to me why they harp on a "gun" story. They're just as annoying as those evangelicals constantly recruiting.

i agree.
I, for one, have always been for tighter restrictions and more regulation on all weapons.

I dont think mentally challenged citizens ought to have access to them. Of any kind. Including but not limited to butcher/steak/box knives, etc.

To give them the ability to own, but not the lawfullness to use responsibly, is just insane.

They kill someone, and just plead insanity.

*shakes head in disbelief*

and then you get a few back wood rambo's who think they should have a right to those weapons.

The founding fathers never said mentally handicapped people should not be allowed to have weapons. This is true.

But they did not considered the retarded citizens of their time "people" anyways.

They locked them in basements and hid them from the world's eyes.

It's time to wake up and realize people don't automatically have the right to own any weapon the want. Gun...knife....whatever.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The media is going to start putting every shooting and gun crime on front street form now on until it builds up to the point they need it to. The endgame is going to be the outlaw of firearms altogether.

When they take the guns remember that they are doing it to protect us from ourselves and its the only way.

They are patient and they know if they keep reporting this carnage that American's will just be glad to not see it anymore.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Hearing voices telling you to do things like that has more to do with being mentally imbalanced than it does being religous. Typically hearing voices is attributed to schizophrenia and other similar imbalances.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
reply to post by Memysabu

People. If you hear voices giving you the ok to go out and harm another person, or yourself, do not listen to that voice. Seek help immediately.

Or failing that, just skip ahead to the part where you just kill yourself.

At least no innocent people get hurt that way.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

It's not that easy my friend. When you are crazy you do not know it.

I have personal experience with this as I was diagnosed with Bi-polar disorder many years ago. Having this disorder I go through stages of extreme happiness and sadness. The amazing thing is that I do not realize I am going through a manic episode until long after it is over and I am thinking about the moment.

It is a strange feeling to realize that you have no control over how you will feel and that you don't even realize it is happening.

Do not worry though, I take medication and am a completely sane person 99% percent of the time.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

It's time to wake up and realize people don't automatically have the right to own any weapon the want. Gun...knife....whatever.

No, it's time for gun-o-phobes to realize that it is the person and not the weapon that commits the crime. Pencils don't cause misspelled words.

The UK tried your tactic. First it was guns, then swords, then knives. What's next, banning forks and spoon, then clubs and rocks?

And guess what? People are still getting murdered in the UK, but not by weapons, they're getting murdered by other people who will use their bare hands if that's all they have left.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Your argument is obviously flawed for one simple reason...who decides who is mentally competent to own a weapon? You? Me? If it's me then I say you can't use the internet anymore because I disagree with you...see..same thing!

I suppose that you'd argue that martial arts training or boxing needs to be reserved for those that "qualify" since they can also be deadly.

As for me, I'll stick to common sense and use whatever implement is available for my given purpose, be it a gun, knife, or even a rubber crutch!

Long live the USA!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I, for one, have always been for tighter restrictions and more regulation on all weapons.

I dont think mentally challenged citizens ought to have access to them. Of any kind. Including but not limited to butcher/steak/box knives, etc.

I think that would be an interesting piece of legislation right out of monty python.

"There shall now be, from this time forward, restrictions on pointed sticks, knives of any kind, swords, blowguns, slings or slingshots, all firearms, bowling balls, rocks, pieces of wood even remotely resembling a club, hammers of any type, hatchets, axes, chain saws, baseball bats, softball bats, batons, bricks, any heavy object which could be used to bludgeon, stab, lacerate, shoot, or flatten another human being. This would include, but not be limited to automobiles, trains, forklifts, lawn mowers, wood chippers, televisions, computer monitors, filing cabinets, pianos, anvils, metallic weights/dumbbells, blocks of frozen water(ice) or even a person's severed appendage.

Anything which could even remotely look dangerous in any way could only be purchased with the authorization of the chief law enforcement officer in your city or county and be registered and posted in writing on all signage location in your neighborhood.

We also on this day make it illegal to even discuss killings in any way shape or form so that society in general will never conceive that such actions could be done in the first place. This would include but not be limited to movies, television, plays, or documentaries even in satire or comedy.

While we are at it, we will now make it completely and double super illegal to kill anyone in any way from this day forward.

That should do it. No more killings and society can now breathe a sigh of relief."

Ahhhhh. So much better.

Okay.. sarcasm off.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by xman_in_blackx]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Evidently she hasn't heard Obama is the AntiChrist!

Um, I haven't heard that one either...

Anyway, I have no comment.

Antichrists do not exist. How can humans even have the ABILITY (or think they do) to go against divine powers? Not even remotely possible. Just pure psycho-lunacy.

CREEPY Psycho-lunacy. This mother is... it's all just wrong.

And I will not blame it on the gun this time (see Best Comeback Ever on Guns thread where I posted up very long arguments) because this is NOT a massacre. She definitely could have found a way to kill him anyhoo. Probably stab him with a stake or something.

Like I said, CREEPY PSYCHO LUNACY.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

i agree.

To give them the ability to own, but not the lawfullness to use responsibly, is just insane.

They kill someone, and just plead insanity.

*shakes head in disbelief*

and then you get a few back wood rambo's who think they should have a right to those weapons.

The founding fathers never said mentally handicapped people should not be allowed to have weapons. This is true.

But they did not considered the retarded citizens of their time "people" anyways.

They locked them in basements and hid them from the world's eyes.

I totally agree with you.

Go find this thread called "Best Comeback Ever on Guns", where I argued like crazy with people who insisted that guns should not be banned because guns don't kill humans, humans kill humans, and just because people own guns doesn't mean that these people will become killers.

It's true, yes, not all of them become killers, but all you need is ONE who decides to go into a campus and empty his rounds into 30 people and there, we've more than made up for the people who did NOT become killers.

My greatest issue with guns is that they are weapons of MASS death. in this case, I wouldn't blame anything on guns because this nutty mother would have found a way to kill her son with a leather belt or poisoned soup or something. But in cases where teenagers are exposed to guns early in life and have the avenues to carry out mass shooting... I'm reminded that these things are dangerous and not beneficial to the general global society.

Plus, everyone knows teenage life is full of crap. Teenagers are more likely to kill because they feel ostracized, bullied, etc, which we ALL went through at some point or another. We thought of killing those idiots, but we didn't, because we didn't have access to weapons. Perhaps we didn't DARE to, or really WANT to.

Same goes for mentally ill people. They're almost like teenagers, in some aspects. Some are very self-conscious, thinking the whole world is talking about them and insulting them, etc etc.

The point is, I could not possibly be happier when restriction laws or banning of bullets gets implemented. I agree that eventually, people will see that guns do not provide any benefit to ANY of us, and stop clinging on fervently to the weird logic that "guns = rights, so no guns = no rights". Sure, you can keep your firearm, but you won't have a chance to kill a human with it.

By far, a much better outcome.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

No, it's time for gun-o-phobes to realize that it is the person and not the weapon that commits the crime. Pencils don't cause misspelled words.

And guess what? People are still getting murdered in the UK, but not by weapons, they're getting murdered by other people who will use their bare hands if that's all they have left.

No, pencils do. Pencils cause you to WRITE the misspelled words. if you didn't write down the word, no one would ever know if you had the right spelling or wrong spelling at all.

Guns cause people to get shot. Humans, indeed, provide the psychological INTENT, but let's face it, INTENT without MEANS is purely INTENT.

In this case, nutty mother could have found another MEANS.

But for massacres? Michael mcLendon? Cho Seung-Hui? The Columbine boys? Guy who killed policemen because he feared "Obama was going to ban guns"?

All of them had INTENT. But without the guns to carry out mass shootings, INTENT would not be carried out into ACTION. Cho Seung-Hui would take the insults like the rest of us and end up in psycho treatment, instead of killing 30 innocent people. Michael mcLendon would end up in a mental facility, instead of killing 10+ people WHILE driving. Jiverly Wong would never have killed all the innocent immigrants who were just trying to build lives for themselves.

LONG LIVE THE USA indeed.

The USA should be full of LIFE. People that deserve to live, not die. Instead, it has been recently filled with DEATH. Deaths caused by idiots who think they can take others lives into their own hands. Idiots who think they're Satans or whatever #. Idiots who, really, are destroying the beautiful United States of America one shot at a time.

Pencils, indeed, do not cause misspellings (not accidental misspellings, mind you, it's like saying massacres are accidental). Humans do. But if you did not write out the essay, we never would have known you didn't know how to spell so many words. And in the end, really... who cares about whether or not you know how to spell?

Who cares whether or not you have a psychological disorder? As long as you do not take it out on the innocent, on the bystanders, on the immigrants, the neighbors, the children, the parents, the in-laws, the classmates, the teachers, the shopping mall store employees... you can wonder as much as you want whether you will be able to spell the word if you put it down on paper.

Perhaps you will know, deep inside yourself, whether you can spell the words. But as long as no one suffers from your misspellings... it's fine.

But then, people do.

So what should I do?

I take away your instrument that you use to misspell physically.

You can't write anymore. You can't misspell 30+ times anymore. You can misspell them in your head, one by one. But no one will suffer from them. Though it doesn't solve the problem completely because it doesnt address the fundamental issue, at most only 2 -3 lives will be lost across the span of a few HOURS, not a few MINUTES.

P.S. don't go off saying you can misspell an essay verbally. I would like to see you try that. It's really like saying after you take away the guns, people will suddenly have mass access to bombs.

P.P.S And btw, people DO continue to get murdered. Bare hands. Knives. Broken bottles. Humans are ingenious. But I daresay NO ONE will ever get murdered IN LARGE GROUPS ever again, if these laws were to happen ideally.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by KarlG]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Just go check yourself in to the PC unit of any Penitentiary. There's no shap objects or pencils allowed longer than 3 inches. I'm sure you will be safe from all the guns, stones, automobiles and knives out here in the free world. Hey, they probably ban books, computers & movies so nobody gets any bad ideas either.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

We'll see how you talk when you're on the opposite end of the barrel of the gun, knowing your fate is in the hands of a mentally-unstable person, and that your death will not be accidental and will be very quick and easy.

Better yet, be next to your family, so that you'll know for sure what happens to you will happen to them, so you won't have to worry about who's going to take care of them in the future when you're gone.

Yeah sure, I could have booked myself in the penitentiary. But see, I want to have a life, too. I want to have a life where I can walk around in the beautiful states of America, take classes, go to the mall, grocery store, to college, without the worry of an unstable person shooting me for no reason.

Why should I be in the penitentiary? The SHOOTER should be in the penitentiary. But we can't possibly identify who's going to shoot BEFORE he shoots, right? So are the people who are logically afraid to die supposed to admit themselves though they aren't mentally ill... or should the weapons which cause death be restricted to the people who are?

Which sounds like a better solution in terms of "rights", which pro-gun-supporters always talk about?

[edit on 9-4-2009 by KarlG]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Agreed. And it's because there was nobody around who gave enough damn to enforce the law and check her out. Probably some gun nut who allowed her to come in because "it's yer right, shucks!"

Some "nut?" In fact if it is ANYONE'S fault it is her son's fault. He was the one person there that KNEW she was mentally instable and had been institutionalized.

If she had shot some innocent person he probably would be held accountable especially if they were both asked to fill out a questionaire.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
reply to post by Fremd

Just go check yourself in to the PC unit of any Penitentiary. There's no shap objects or pencils allowed longer than 3 inches. I'm sure you will be safe from all the guns, stones, automobiles and knives out here in the free world. Hey, they probably ban books, computers & movies so nobody gets any bad ideas either.

It's not about removing ME from the situation. It's about "We KNOW this person is mentally unstable, lets make sure they can't hurt anyone else"

If you're mentally unstable, and it's know, then please, in your infinite "wisdom" tell me why that person should be allowed to have access to the same privileges and freedoms that you or I have? Why should they be allowed access to weapons, then kill someone, and get to say "oh, well,......i plead insanity"

But you will never see it that way through the wool you have over your eyes.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
reply to post by Fremd

It's not about removing ME from the situation. It's about "We KNOW this person is mentally unstable, lets make sure they can't hurt anyone else"

If you're mentally unstable, and it's know, then please, in your infinite "wisdom" tell me why that person should be allowed to have access to the same privileges and freedoms that you or I have? Why should they be allowed access to weapons, then kill someone, and get to say "oh, well,......i plead insanity"

But you will never see it that way through the wool you have over your eyes.

Thinking guns or knives are the only ways to kill folks is just dumb!
Cars, heights, or even a pencil is a deadly weapon when it is needed, it is not possible to remove all the possible threats.

How do YOU define a mentally unstable person? One who is on Meds? Been admitted to a facility? Plays their music too loud?

That's the problem, one mans sane is another mans crazy and it is not possible to genericly label who's who except in the case of extremes.

Simply by being a member of this site and posting we all are considered mentally unstable by many others of opposing views. So...should all who grace this site with their presence be denied?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Using your own argument, just make being insane illegal. That will allow you to regulate insane people and stop this madness.

Simple yet complicated, no?

You have a fascinating logic and thought process.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join