It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother executes son at gun range

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx
Using your own argument, just make being insane illegal.

Murder is already illegal so we're all set.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well we don't have to worry about the " Anti-Christ now do we.

This world really needs a complete enema. People with mental problems need to be in a mental institution not at home with their children and loved ones.

[edit on 4/9/2009 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Some of the comments under the story at the Daily Mail site are ridiculous.
Apparently it's James Madisons fault she killed her son.

You're dealing with endemic British hoplophobia, a nation where gun owners are perceived as being barely superior to pedophiles (British - paedophile).

The reason they have such an interest in turning the US into the UK is because they still regard this country as their second home, or at least holiday home. This is all somewhat ironic when you consider that the reason the Second Amendment exists is BECAUSE of the British.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

But, this is how "they" work...there are evil forces at work here, and they are putting their influences into people. It's all part of the spiritual war. I don't doubt for one minute that she heard voices, just like the earlier post about the lady that drove off the bridge. You look at it this way, there is a spiritual war going on (good vs. evil). The devil will always take the weakest ones (ones who are mentally challenged and can't straighten out their thoughts on their own) just like a lion will take the baby or the weakest one of the prey. Easier to pursue, easier to catch, easier to impose your will. The devil will do what he will with us, God won't unless we ask. If he's not wanted that is fine, he won't bother. It is our choice. I would have liked to have known this persons history and if she had always been a "religious" person, or if this is something that has just happened here recently. I mean, she would have had to have been "in religion" at the time this happened, or she wouldn't have believed so strongly in what she was doing. If it isn't evident with all the headlines going on that the devil is alive and working hard in these days, I don't what is.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I do think some mentally ill people really can't help it though. Which is only MORE reason to put them into mental institutions AND get rid of guns.

Cho Seung-Hui, if he couldn't get a gun, might have like stabbed one student, and then got apprehended by the police and put away.

People who rabidly support guns, I suggest you read about some of the victims of the V-Tech massacre and what beautiful people they were. I hope you change your mind.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Let's please keep it civil and on-topic.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu

Im just disgusted with this headline, a 20 yr old kid with his whole life ahead of him. The person he was supposed to be able to trust the most executes him after tricking him into shooting practice at a local gun range.

Mitchell slumped to the floor dead as his mother stepped back, placed the gun in her mouth and again pulled the trigger. She died a short time later in hospital.

'I'm so sorry. I had to send my son to heaven and myself to Hell,' she wrote in a suicide note.

In rambling and tearful audio messages recorded before the incident she said she planned her son's slaughter to save the world from violence.

She said she heard God telling her: 'You have a gun. You can do it.'

www.dailymail.c o.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Memysabu]

Ah,

See, this is the result of the great christian/catholic/egyptian/greek religion.

Schizophrenic sociopaths who have no sense or rational logic whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I saw the video yesterday of this incident. WARNING: it's graphic, but here is a link if anyone else wants to have disturbing nightmares.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Goes to show how religion can affect some people in the most horrible of ways. Not to bash religion, but when some people give blind obedience to a set of values this is what happens in extreme cases.

Seriously? I've seen your posts before. I know you have a slant against Christianity, but this case has nothing to do with it. The mother was mentally ill. If you think that Christians, even fundamentalists, are supposed to do anything remotely like this, you need to read a book and go outside for some air.

On topic: I've gone to a shooting range, and before I could fire a gun I had to fill out a form that asked if I had any mental illnesses. I'm sure this range had the same thing, but the mother lied on it. She wanted to kill her son, and would've done it one way or the other. Lets not blame the implement but the person, please.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

Thats patently false. How is religion any more to blame than the gun she used? You are showing religious bigotry by that comment. A schizophrenic person will twist anything. There is no logic behind it which is why they are crazy. The only way Christianity could be blamed is if she was thinking logically and rationally (we know she wasn't) and something in Christianity led her to do this - a la Muslim style....Koran says to kill the unbelievers.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oh the ever raging gun debate. The liberals dream of their utopia free from suffering, hunger, and death and the conservatives dream of a world where they have shot all the liberals..

On a more serious note, to the poster who said if we banned guns there would be no more "Mass Death". Ever hear of Timothy McVeigh? It's amazing what some nitromethane and fertilizer will do isn't it? Or what about 9/11, the single deadliest attack in american history and not a single shot was fired. It's kinda ironic that if guns were allowed on the planes that chances are 9/11 would have been different.

Why do we demonize guns as weapons of Mass Murder? Why not look at it from a "cup half-full" perspective and say, man we are fortunate those Columbine kids used guns and only killed 13 people instead of blowing the whole school up and killing hundreds.

People kill people, end of story. A gun just happens to be the most used tool. Take it away and there will still be mass death and murder. But know that the only people who willingly give up their firearms are the people you didn't have to worry about.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown
Oh the ever raging gun debate. The liberals dream of their utopia free from suffering, hunger, and death and the conservatives dream of a world where they have shot all the liberals..

On a more serious note, to the poster who said if we banned guns there would be no more "Mass Death". Ever hear of Timothy McVeigh? It's amazing what some nitromethane and fertilizer will do isn't it? Or what about 9/11, the single deadliest attack in american history and not a single shot was fired. It's kinda ironic that if guns were allowed on the planes that chances are 9/11 would have been different.

Why do we demonize guns as weapons of Mass Murder? Why not look at it from a "cup half-full" perspective and say, man we are fortunate those Columbine kids used guns and only killed 13 people instead of blowing the whole school up and killing hundreds.

People kill people, end of story. A gun just happens to be the most used tool. Take it away and there will still be mass death and murder. But know that the only people who willingly give up their firearms are the people you didn't have to worry about.

I think conservatives believe people are inherently evil and liberals believe people are inherently good.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

My thoughts:

First, I'm saddened to hear about the boy.

Second, If your mom thinks she is the anti-christ, why on earth would you let her near a gun, let alone be there with her at a firing range? Unless he didn't know this "fact" that the media does? Don't get me wrong, I still feel for him.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I saw this on the news the other day. This is horrible. I was listening to the news and I had to change it. There was so much death on it, it made me sick. So many people seem to be snapping lately and taking others with them. This is not good.

This is not the first time there has been a death by other patrons at a gun range in FL. In Holly Hill, last year I believe, there was a shooting with about 3 different people at the indoor gun range. The weird thing is I was supposed to be there that day for my FIRST time ever shooting a gun. Well you can imagine I have not gone back and probably never will now. It scared the crap out of me knowing I was supposed to be there when this happened. Talk about divine intervention.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm sorry but the situation, location and details are a litle to convient. At a gun range, religiouse extremism, phsycotic behavior, and national coverage, how much do you guys feel this is another psy ops example of monarch min control or haarp elf mind manipulation, and before the ny sayers start in on me. Unless you have actually looked into the specific patens and their purposed use and effets on the human brain don't comment. Now for those familiar with what I am sugesting, how convient does this seam, in one instance they have attacked three different agendas, the banning of fire arms, christianity, and fear mongering to the rest of the nation.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Whether this woman was on anti-depressants, was just nuts or was being mind-controlled, this latest public blood-letting incident serves nicely to 'catapult the (anti-gun)propaganda' in the wake of several mass shootings recently.

It reminds me of the mother of one Columbine massacre gunshot victim who walked into a gunshop six months later, ask to see a gun, then loaded a round and shot herself. She had just received mental 'treatment' too. It makes you wonder what those shrinks are telling their vict-... uh, I mean patients.

And she's not the first person who mysteriously starts killing after hearing 'voices':

5-3-99
Southcoast Early Childhood Learning Center, Costa Mesa, California, Steven Allen Abrams, 39 Killed two toddlers and seriously injured several more when he drove his car at high speed onto the school playground.

--Abrams began to believe that "somebody had brain wave technology that could control somebody's thoughts and behavior,"

--He believed government agencies had devised machines ..that "may even insert thoughts of killing"

----------------

"They're going to kill me, the brain wave people. They're assassins,"
"No matter what happens at the trial, I'll have to deal with them in the end."
--Steven Allen Abrams

[edit on 9-4-2009 by starviego]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I do not rabidly support guns, i rabidly support my innate right to own a gun.

It's not about guns, it's about her unstable mind, if she was that determined to kill him she would have done it another way had she not been able to get her hands on a gun.

Let's not forget that she illegally had possesion of a gun, and the gun range that rented her the gun just happened to be the same gun range where she attempted suicide.

I wonder if she was on any meds?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by scrubsnstuffkim

I feel where your coming from but just because the media decides to start focusing on shootings this month it does not mean that there is a need to disarm US citizens. This is an everyday thing unfortunately and even crazies slip through the cracks and are able to buy firearms. Sometimes people just crack and loose their mind and they get overloaded with the grind of everyday life and seeing the doom and gloom in the news.

Sure its sad and unfortunate that this lady flipped out and did this but I'm also noting the fact that there is an agenda being carried out behind the scenes right now to eliminate certain freedoms. This is being done by creating an image in the media outlets that all hell is breaking loose and then using it as an excuse to take these freedoms away. The best way to take our freedom is to use the excuse that we need protection form the bad things that are happening and the only way to do it is by taking said rights away.

Don't think its a mistake that the media chose to cover shootings as of late because its not. All issues that are covered everyday are carefully calculated to control the frame of mind of the readers/watchers.

This does not just apply to the issue of firearm ownership. Just look at what happened when the news got ahold of the AIG bonus issue. They pounded it until the President swiftly passed a bill to tax bonuses. The media is very sly and for every shooting in the news there is someones life that got saved that day that did not get reported. I wonder who decides which story gets reported and how?

My concern is being defenseless from these crazy people when they crack because I'm unable to own a firearm on account of crazies doing what they do.
Its a crazy world we live in.....

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

If you notice, also, the rampages are getting more and more emotionally charged. What will happen when someone does a mass shooting at a day-care, or a preschool...then alot of people that didn't want them (the gov) to take our guns will be ready to hand them over....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join