It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Lets Obama Turn Off the Internet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The Powers That Be *wish* they could shut down the internet. I dont believe they can. Hackers & crackers are watching and waiting for them to try. Then they'll strike. The freedom of information will *not* be stopped. It *can* not be stopped. If ever there was a time to grab a M4A1, full body kevlar, grenades & an up-armored Humvee and help start the Revolution its when they announce they are going to police the internet.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
We need to go with mesh networks.

Centralized domain resolution and IP allocation are the only real problems, IMO.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
They can and will do this, it's just a matter of time. Do you really think AT&T, comcast and the other major ISP's will stand in their way? If i remember correctly, the major ISP's were just given money to update their infrastructure, this handout will most likely be held over their heads to make them dance to obama's tune. That's the way we do things now, right? That's change.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Feudalism, monarchy, republic.

We are moving into the second stage. The goal is the third, but on a global scale.
Yeah, these transitions are tough, but they are also necessary...

War will end for good when people stop thinking of themselves as "Americans, Britons, Canadians, Australians, etc."
And begin to think of themselves as Earthlings.

We've still got a way to go before we get to the Representative form of Global Government, though.
As it stands now we have a very influential oligarchy trying to move us into global government...

After that comes the Representative form of Global Government. OUR current goal should be to stop voting the same family lines into power... or people related to the same business interests. People need to educate themselves enough to identify the conflicts of interest that continue to be elected into the various systems.
Take for example Dick Cheney. In the OPs second video he speaks before the Council on Foreign Relations and tells everyone that he was a director of the council at one time but that he neglected to mention that on the campaign trail. How is that statement received? With laughter.
With LAUGHTER!
And it IS funny. The funny thing is that people didn't know this for themselves and he was able to exploit it.

"Hells no I wouldn't want to mention I am a globalist when I am bidding for the job of Vice President. People may think my allegiences lie elsewhere."
And obviously his allegiances DID lie elsewhere. Towards the destabalization of the entire planet in order to usher in this globalist dream. And he succeeded.

Face it folks, we are there.
The NWO stares us in the face this very instant and yes THEY ARE becoming transparent. Why not?
They've already succeeded.

Now we hear about how they want to gain the internet on the heels of ANOTHER front page story about how China and Russia have hacked the US's electrical infrasture which ITSELF falls on the heels of the repeated stories of infrastructure death from gamma rays (infrastructure crisis)...
For the time being we need to call our reps and tell them no to the obvious calls at erradicating our 1st amendment rights all together, but in the broader sense, we need to not fear the transition out of feudalism into monarchy. This is a natural progression... If we fear and fight it, it will come at a great cost to all. History shows us this...
Look at the current state of affairs in Iraq, for instance. THERE we are trying to replace feudalism with republic status SKIPPING the monarchy stage. Look at what is happening.

Let the system be put into place and then shortly thereafter the time will come to cast the King down...
Then we replace it with a global republic.

That is the ultimate goal. One with many checks and balances incorruptable.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

....and page 44 of the draft -

5 (2) may declare a cybersecurity emergency and
6 order the limitation or shutdown of Internet traffic
7 to and from any compromised Federal government
8 or United States critical infrastructure information
9 system or network;

This must be why the news is full of articles on the attacks on our infrastructure today.

posted by Blaine91555

The bolded part actually eased my mind a bit, implying it would be used to insulate government software from attacks, more of a sheild than a sword.

The thing that does bother me is that like all things government, it's benign nature would get it passed, and then could be used against us. There was a thread a few weeks ago that discussed how quickly our ability to communicate could be shut down.

In the event that they actually did try to repeal the second ammendment or any other equally significant BS they do not want the people to have any chance of organizing any serious resistance.

The Powers That Be *wish* they could shut down the internet. I dont believe they can. Hackers & crackers are watching and waiting for them to try. Then they'll strike.

reply to Copecitc

Right. there are many very brilliant techies out there who would fight back much more vigerously from behind the anonymous web. But I do not believe they could keep the internet as we know it running if the powers really wanted to shut it down.

There are many countries that activley censor and monitor the content their people have access to and I don't think it would be hard at all for them to do it here.

Not all at once of course, but little by little, using that great invisible and always increasing "threat" we must be protected from. Do some research on P.R.O.M.I.S.the USSR would have been envious at the level of internal spying and and the precision of control that our big brother has today. Today they can convince the masses it doesn't happen but as soon as you become a blip on the radar, it's over.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
As a Sys Admin for an ISP, I can tell you it would be impossible to turn off the internt. Sure, the U.S. could shut down the root servers, but other nations would jump at the chance to bring some of their own online. In fact, the U.S. is being pushed to do exactly this.

At most, all any goverment can to is filter what you can and cannot see, and you would never know it. I have been to China, Google appears to work fine if you lived there and didn't know any better. Searches only produce goverment "approved" results.

How do you know the U.S. / U.K. / E.U. isn't doing this to you? You wouldn't know.

This bill is designed to allow for more oversight into Financial Institutions as well as give the president the power to shut down government networks in the event of a breach (which would most likely come from China).

[edit on 8-4-2009 by crisko]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Face it folks, we are there.
The NWO stares us in the face this very instant and yes THEY ARE becoming transparent. Why not?
They've already succeeded

Right....nothing I can add to make this any truer

Let the system be put into place and then shortly thereafter the time will come to cast the King down...
Then we replace it with a global republic.

That is the ultimate goal. One with many checks and balances incorruptable.

This, I'm afraid, Is pipe dream of the defeated.

If we could have the kind of global republic you talk about why go to the trouble of the tryanical system? The reason is because the tryanical system is now and it cannot be stopped. What makes you think that as the tyrants power grows ever stronger that they will somehow be overthrown in the future?

It's not a happy future as the next generations will grow up learning their system, the idea of freedom will be the stuff of tales passed down through families. Once their control is complete we will never again have a chance. The fight is now.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Its just a safety measure. Its nothing short of any cyber snooping by the government that has already been going on since about 97' when the internet first started. I remember those days and the internet was insane, i mean all kinds of information everywhere. After the year two thousand, there came so much internet regulation that a lot websites were shut down, and new search engines like "Google" were instated to ensure filtering, just as the lovely lady above me stated.

I see so much of this anti president Obama, crap floating around. It's just absolutely absurd the claims people make. The headline has nothing to do with the article, it totally blows it out of proportion.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Becuase the reason the repression happens is because the people allow it to happen.

The call is for not to allow the tyranny to happen. Don't force it.

Think about it this way... The globalists are very worried right now themselves. This is obvious in by the fact that up to this point they were completely secretive in their methods. They are opening up now because they have it in place, but I would argue that they would NOT DARE rock the boat by using the system to put people under their pointy thumbnail. No, they would be foolish to. They are going to try and make it a fair system to all. If they didn't, people wouldn't accept it... and overthrow them.

Eventually, the global monarchy will be replaced by a global republic, but there isn't any reason to force this. For forcing it will be to the detriment of everyone.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Blaine91555

This must be why the news is full of articles on the attacks on our infrastructure today.

Correct! These criminals always use the two-prong attack. First, the media dispenses propaganda in the form of "news items" that "support" the need for the legislation, then the government introduces the legislation. There is always a false flag operation, followed by the legislation that "addresses" the fabricated "emergency". They learned well from their old friend Adolph.

i believe its called PROBLEM,REACTION,SOLUTION. how many times are the mass population going to keep falling for this #? i know, it will be too late then.

www.internet2.edu...

[edit on 8-4-2009 by middleclasssoldier]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

There is another theory for this. The EU has the largest Global computer Grid in the world.

The IMF will eventually include all nations if the G20 has anything to say about it.

The Federal or Global government may need extra bandwidth to totally connect the global computer database. It seems it could cause a power outage.

I think most wireless bandwidth is being used by massmedia. I read that the BBC iPlayer is putting the internet under severe strain and threatening to bring the network to a halt.

The Feds need this bandwidth to connect the globally powered New World Order database.

They always have a backup plan. As sinister as it sounds it’s worse!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by middleclasssoldier

Yes completely agreed. It sometimes seems many simply cannot see through it.

Problem, reaction, solution. All created, all controlled. Hegelian Dialect Process.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

LOL......Once they have the Internet its Checkmate and they know it. I give up. The hell with it, they can have it all!!! I'm sick of being on this God forsaken Rock where nobody give a damb about a damb!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

With all due respect, sir, you can HAVE your monarchy, as well as your "global republic". I, among many others, will DIE fighting against it, no doubt, and then what's left of the world when it's over is all yours. Death is preferrable to dishonor.

Regarding the Obama Option of internet removal, should you rely overmuch on the internet as your primary means of communication, you get what's coming. It's a TOOL, not something to be overly relied on. Tools break. Ditto for the recently 'uncovered' vulnerability of the power grid in the US to foreign attack.

I've screamed, for years, that over-reliance on technology is a WEAKNESS, not a strength, and makes that a point of attack. As I said above, tools break. Better have a backup. That's why I can't get myself too excited by the 'citizens with pitchforks can't compete with smartbombs' argument I hear all the time. Blatant BS, meant only to foster fear in the opposition. Once you realize the facts of what I've said, you are immune.

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/4/8 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XcLuciFer

You live on a good rock. You may not be able to play Rune Scape.

I know a creepy board game for kicks.

Just think,,if there was no internet we could venture off on vactions to Mt. Shasta and visit the Aliens Lemurian from the land of Mu.

Dont be alarmed yet we still have a couple good years left of Freedom.

I sometimes wished I believed in aliens.

Sorry I mistook you for an alien but I see your are Lucifer. Please disregard my comment.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by wonderworld]

[edit on 8-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm a little confused. If these people are so bad then why hasn't anybody attempted terminated them? Its not like they live in a bunker 24/7/365. I mean don't they eat food and go to work at an office? Do they stay at hotels and travel in some sort of car or plane? If these people are so bad why hasn't a faction in our govt who are "on our side" seen to a mechanical problem that happens when they are at 40,000ft? I think you guys are blowing certain things way out of proportion. G. Gordon Liddy said on his talk show many times that all of these different groups would most likely cancel each other out because they have different goals. I've seen the protestors for groups like the g20, but why not the CFR? Not a single protester standing outside of their offices. so whats the deal? These people are touchable so why hasn't anybody tried

Plus if anybody wanted to "turn off" the internet, all they would need to do is take down/turn off/ ddos attacks against some of the main DNS servers out there. Heck even just changing certain records on them will cause lots of problems. I mean how many people know the IP to ATS, Google, CNN, Fox News, and all these other websites they go to? Most people don't even know how to look for the IP much less know what to do when www.google.com doesn't work anymore. Most can't even locate their own public IP much less know or even understand how the internet works. Here in the US all network traffic goes thru NSA and most likely other Govt. networks to sift for information. All they would need to do is block it there and you're done.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by 31337]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 31337

You cant very well going around knocking off all the Bildebergs, G20, Illuminati Elites.

Many want to, however they would instantly be replaced to second in command.

There is no stopping it. I’m an optimist but this is different.

Protesting hasnt worked, calling our representitives hasnt worked. It's too big and well organized.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Whatever... They can shut the internet down if they like. I have enough info stored in my brain and printed books to spread the word on how corrupt these worthless tools are.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Security, "for our safety," "for your protection," and other such words we seem to hear a lot of lately.

After 9-11 how can we fully trust our government? Obama makes no mention of 9-11 truth, I can only assume the official lie will be attempted to be perpetuated? Anyway, security measures were taken on 9-11.

Yup, good ol' Conficker, everyone is terrified now. The media pounded us with this one. "Tighter security folks; don't worry, we are only trying to protect you." And then there's identity theft.

Then there's the massive Salmonella scares. I have been eating for 35 freakin' years, and I don't remember many instances of food poisoning. They seem to be driving this to some point where we must be "protected" with sterilized foods or something? It's like there is some Salmonella media bus driving around with cameras to catch all those little instances of Salmonella. Then, we get this picture that Salmonella is "everywhere." It's on your shoes, in your closet, and on that hamburger.

Mental illness scares. "Hey, did you know you might be depressed? You're not? Well, then you might be bi-polar? Ok, then I'm sure there is some kind of illness we need to protect you from. We have some blissfully unaware pills right here with your name on it."

I'm for food safety, but this starts with the company that raises the livestock. Which should use healthy and safe practices. We f#$ked up when we allowed all these chemicals, pesticides, and junk in our food chain. Farming needs to move back more toward the natural ways of farmers in the past. Keep the machines though.

I'm for airport security, but let's not take things too far. "I'm sorry only naked passengers can board this secure plane, so that we know you aren't concealing something. No luggage folks, that underwear could be used to choke other passengers."

But, I don't like the idea of being "protected" by those with knives behind their backs.

I would like to think that measures are being taken, that are truly for our own good, but after 9-11, it's more difficult to know who I can trust.

As I like to end things, you still have a life to live and to create. Let's keep our dreams alive.

Troy

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

They are going to try and make it a fair system to all. If they didn't, people wouldn't accept it... and overthrow them.

Point taken, but I think it will be more designed to appear to be fair, only to avoid a revolt. I think it is a dangerous gamble to believe that in the end will get this.

Eventually, the global monarchy will be replaced by a global republic, but there isn't any reason to force this. For forcing it will be to the detriment of everyone.

A united earth could be a very beneficial and desirable thing. The problem I have is with the way it's coming and the level of control that is appearing. I would like to be able to live in a worldwide community of peace and advancement, where our acheivements would be individual enlightenment and the betterment of mankind. This would truly be utopia. The risk is a humanity dominated by an elite group of eugenists who only want to better their own at the expence of everyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join