It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
Two bills introduced giving the President the power to deem a private network part of the nation’s critical infrastructure and shut it down for cybersecurity reasons also gives the Commerce Secretary the power to access network data outside of oversight. - The Big Brother vibe coming off both is reminiscent of a demanding report submitted before Obama even took office. About a month after Election Day, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) issued a report called Securing Cyberspace for the 44th President.
Heard of the military-industrial complex? The CSIS is likely where they meet to carpool.
The recommendations in the report, ignored by the previous administration, are sweeping and demanding. The principle minds behind it hailed from the CIA, the US Navy, Microsoft, Sun, AT&T, ICANN, Lockheed Martin, Cisco, and GE—among a slew of others—and likely those minds felt confident they’d get a more sympathetic ear from the new President. And they were likely right. They’d get that from Congress, too.
The article written by By Drew Zahn © 2009 WorldNetDaily, brings to your attention two new bill; S.773 & S.778; both of which will grant our govt and president, control over the internet.
A working draft of the legislation: cdt.org...
• Center for Democracy and Technology: cdt.org...
• Senate document explaining the bill: commerce.senate.gov...
• Electronic Frontier Foundation: www.eff.org...
• Congress Contacts:
The Honorable Kenny Marchant
Cannon House Office Building Suite 227
Washington DC 20515-4324
The Honorable Kay Bailey Hutchison
Russell Senate Office Building Suite 284 Washington DC 20510-4302 hutchison.senate.gov...
The Honorable John Cornyn
Hart Senate Office Building Suite 517
Washington DC 20510-4304
One bill creates the office of cybersecurity czar, called a National Cybersecurity Adviser, who will oversee national network security. Confirmed by the Senate, the cybersecurity czar will have the highest security clearance necessary to monitor infrastructure networks and will be a party to secret initiatives.
Google Video Link
This documentary exposes the truth behind Obama and the story of the people who control him and every other president we have had in the past 100 years. You will see that Obama, like Bush before him is a walking contradiction that is used to push the Council on Foreign Relations agenda that is nothing less than a global goverment. Do your own research, factcheck this documentary, and please download this before internet 2 is in place.
Preparation and tactics for resistance:
To control Americans these Communists can be counted on to:
1. Shut down or control access to the Internet, commercial radio and television airwaves.
2. Make an effort to seize arms and ammunition from civilians.
3. Tightly control who receives food, medicine, water and fuel through identification and data.
4. Create a paid snitch network to expose members of the resistance.
5. Kill thousands if not millions of civilians like every other Marxist regime before them on this earth.
To resist Americans must:
1. Learn who you can trust in your own neighborhood.
2. Create neighborhood organizations with a command structure. Using the words of our founders, “A well regulated Militia.”
3. Create your own currency with gold, diamonds, fuel, food and ammunition.
4. Stockpile non-perishable food and look for alternative sources of food like hunting and fishing.
5. Know where your drinking water will come from.
6. Obtain cheap and easy family service radios. Find and befriend your local ham radio operators.
7. Expect in extreme weather conditions to be without fuel or power for heating and cooling.
8. Stockpile batteries, medicine and first aid supplies.
9. Be ready to engage in fierce combat with those supporting the Communists and other criminals.
10. Never ever fire any shots from the vicinity of your own home unless you want to see it blown up by the Communists forces.
11. Obtain some survival reading materials.
12. Learn how to make and deploy effective improvised explosive devices from fuel, fertilizer and household items.
Originally posted by xman_in_blackx
I am trying to fathom how they would turn off a network that was designed not to be turned off.
This is making my head spin just thinking about this. Once you had access, it would be difficult to keep you from doing things on it.
3 SEC. 16. LEGAL FRAMEWORK REVIEW AND REPORT.
4 (a) IN GENERAL.—Within 1 year after the date of
5 enactment of this Act, the President, or the President’s
6 designee,, through an appropriate entity, shall complete a
7 comprehensive review of the Federal statutory and legal
8 framework applicable to cyber-related activities in the
9 United States, including—
10 (1) the Privacy Protection Act of 1980 (42
11 U.S.C. 2000aa);
12 (2) the Electronic Communications Privacy Act
13 of 1986 (18 U.S.C. 2510 note);
14 (3) the Computer Security Act of 1987 (15
15 U.S.C. 271 et seq; 40 U.S.C. 759);
16 (4) the Federal Information Security Manage17
ment Act of 2002 (44 U.S.C. 3531 et seq.);
18 (5) the E-Government Act of 2002 (44 U.S.C.
19 9501 et seq.);
20 (6) the Defense Production Act of 1950 (50
21 U.S.C. App. 2061 et seq.);
22 (7) any other Federal law bearing upon cyber23
related activities; and
24 (7) any applicable Executive Order or agency
25 rule, regulation, guideline.
5 (2) may declare a cybersecurity emergency and
6 order the limitation or shutdown of Internet traffic
7 to and from any compromised Federal government
8 or United States critical infrastructure information
9 system or network;
Originally posted by star in a jar
Obama is a colossal fraud and a tool of the Bilderbergers.
You want change? Obama will give you change- but not tomorrow, not in a year, but 'someday'- when hell freezes over.
[edit on 8-4-2009 by star in a jar]
This must be why the news is full of articles on the attacks on our infrastructure today.