It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic encounters at night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
When I was younger I dated this girl who had a life threatening illness. We were long distance and it was really rough for awhile. We had been talking on the phone for years and never met. Despite all that I felt a strong connection with her and stayed with her throughout the years helping her day by day with her illness. If only just to give her some kind words or talk her through the pain. Anyway, like any relationship we fought over petty things. Sometimes I got her so upset that she had to go to the hospital. It was that bad. She could hardly calm down and it affected her instantly. Now..I should mention that the both of us were extremely religious at the time.

We believed in demons, angels, Heaven, and Hell. God and the devil.
Well..one night we fought, I hung up on her and went to sleep. (like an idiot)
I awoke in the middle of the night and felt a fear so great I couldn't move. My eyes were stapled open as I looked around the room. I didn't see it until I look directly up..there was a woman with a blank white mask on her "face". She looked down at me and judged me with her gaze. She must have stared at me for what seemed like an eternity. I don't know how I could tell it was a woman. The apparition didn't have a body. It just floated and looked upon me. I was literally frozen in fear.

I prayed for it to go away and I was finally able to close my eyes. When I opened them she was gone. I told God I would treat her better because she didn't deserve that. There was a reason He brought me to her in the first place.

That wasn't the last time it happened in our relationship. I had another encounter with a "succubus" a little after.

I know that people will say I had a night terror and my fight with her manifested from the dream land into my waking life. That would make sense to a logical person. The fact that I believe in demons and such things plays a role in what I saw also. I am not denying that. There is probably a perfectly good explanation for what happened to me that will satisfy most people. But I know what I saw, what I felt, and what I know. I know that there is evil in this world. And I know that night...I experienced it.

For me..if there is evil, then there must be something good out there. And that is proof enough for me that there is a God.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Stop thinking too much about evil spirits and start thinking about the good spirits and maybe you won't get so much attention from the bad ones. Faith is what is needed and having faith in the demons is only going to give them strength and reason to manifest.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well I don't doubt that you've had these experiences, alot of us do. But I've always taken them as a sign of change, as opposed to a negative spirit attacking me.

Whenever I had things manifest themselves during my sleep cycles or during meditations, I could always find the root cause and attempt to fix it. We all have our demons as they say, and sometimes the good ones want to show us the way forward.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
That's creepy....
I know when my grandmother became Christian she began encountering spirits constantly for a space of time. Her mother's ghost would come to her and say that she needed to leave her new beliefs, they were silly, etc..
Finally she said to one of the spirits "If you are not of the one true God, leave and never return"
Interestingly, she never saw a thing ever since. Unfortunately her children still living in the home have claimed they were harrassed by spirits and strange occurrences the entire time they lived there. So it didn't remove them from the home, but really just from her perception, somehow. One of her sons, my uncle..was practicing demonic rituals and all sorts of strange stuff in the house however.
Anyway, I believe that you have the right to demand to be left alone, and I've heard of it working for many, some people I know directly, so I hope that you can take advantage of that. I just...can't imagine living with that kind of stuff.

I dunno what it all has to do with your girlfriend at the time, or anything, I wish I had some ideas for you...sorry..
To me I think an entity was taking advantage of the situation or something, to terrorize you or something.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Well I don't doubt that you've had these experiences, alot of us do. But I've always taken them as a sign of change, as opposed to a negative spirit attacking me.

Whenever I had things manifest themselves during my sleep cycles or during meditations, I could always find the root cause and attempt to fix it. We all have our demons as they say, and sometimes the good ones want to show us the way forward.

~Keeper

I agree. That was at least 5 years ago. I've changed quite a bit from then and while i'm still human and make mistakes, I know when I'm wrong and know when I need a change. It's interesting I had a similar experience with the girlfriend after the one before, now my wife. It was another "spirit" visiting me when I wronged her one night. The thing hovered above me but was dramatically different. I could tell that this one had some weight on it and she spoke to me. I can't remember what it said but the same incredibly terrifying feelings of the first encounter were present again.

I haven't had an experience like that in quite awhile though.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmoor_resurrected

This may simply be your higher self attempting to communicate with you, but it only has your nightly '___' REM trip to do so with.

I would suggest doing some mediations preferrably Chakra. You could be a very open spiritual person and not even know it. Some people have had 3rd eyes open by themselves with very little effort from the person, which is truly astounding.

You could do amazing things with something like that. Give it a try, if nothing else it's super relaxing.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Darkmoor_resurrected

This may simply be your higher self attempting to communicate with you, but it only has your nightly '___' REM trip to do so with.

I would suggest doing some mediations preferrably Chakra. You could be a very open spiritual person and not even know it. Some people have had 3rd eyes open by themselves with very little effort from the person, which is truly astounding.

You could do amazing things with something like that. Give it a try, if nothing else it's super relaxing.

~Keeper

Just before I joined the service I felt an incredible "calling" to become a pastor or religious leader. This is not something I have ever wanted for myself or even thought of but it just came to me as an "idea" in my head. It has bothered me to this day. I asked my Christian pastor what to do and he told me that if I had indeed felt a true calling whatever job I held besides what God wanted for me, I would be completely miserable in. So far this has rung true.

When you say meditation and opening a spiritual eye what exactly do you mean? What happens if I am successful in doing this and what might this hold for me in the long run?

top topics

join