It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Carries Out Missile Test: Defense Ministry

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Israel Carries Out Missile Test: Defense Ministry

www.reuters.com

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel carried out a test launch of its Arrow II interceptor missile on Tuesday, the Defense Ministry said, a system designed to defend against possible ballistic missile attacks by Iran and Syria.

"It was a successful test," the ministry said.

The Arrow intercepted a target missile, simulating an Iranian Shehab, launched from an Israeli aircraft over the Mediterranean, a Defense source said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
- Where the worlds condemnation?

Ok - it was interceptor... But this is another great sign how Israel is playing their mindgame, and rules their population with warmongering fearpropaganda.

"Missiles are coming, be prepared!"

Every sign is a new step toward new war against Iran and Syria. In diplomacy, in politics, in army measures... I can just see that they have already decided, but they wont tell us when it will begin.

I think that Israel is starting operation against Iran and Syria from blue sky, like op against Gaza was started. Maybe even in the shield of peace negotiations, like Cast Lead was started.

Be ready - day is coming soon, and after that horrible day of greatest mistake, everything will change in world politics, in our daily life.

www.reuters.com

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
When the 51st State of Amerisrael develops an arsenal of 300 Nuclear weapons, you don't hear a peep from the International Community.

When they test a missile, the UN is fast asleep.

BUT.... When Iran, Syria, N. Korea or any other "Axis of Evil" member even entertains the idea of possibly enriching uranium for energy production, alarm bells go off in Washington and suddenly it's open season on these "rogue states".

While N. Korean missiles fall out of the sky left and right, failed launch after failed launch, and the IAEA gives Iran the "all-clear" despite constant fear-mongering from the US....

Israel has nukes, delivery systems, ABM interceptors and the willingness to use them:

"Attacking Iran, in order to stop its nuclear plans, will be unavoidable."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 7/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
US/UN to the world " You CAN'T have nukes becuase your bad, but we can because we are good."

Rest of the world " We would like nuclear power for our civilians and to cut down on fossil fuels"

US/UN " NO"

HHHMMM, even though nuclear weapons are a run off of the nuclear industry why shouldn't the little countries have nuclear power? If your THAT worried don't attack the 'rogue' states, just take out their mad leaders.
Simple isn't it?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

- Where the worlds condemnation?

Ok - it was interceptor... But this is another great sign how Israel is playing their mindgame, and rules their population with warmongering fearpropaganda.

"Missiles are coming, be prepared!"

Every sign is a new step toward new war against Iran and Syria. In diplomacy, in politics, in army measures... I can just see that they have already decided, but they wont tell us when it will begin.

I think that Israel is starting operation against Iran and Syria from blue sky, like op against Gaza was started. Maybe even in the shield of peace negotiations, like Cast Lead was started.

Be ready - day is coming soon, and after that horrible day of greatest mistake, everything will change in world politics, in our daily life.

www.reuters.com

Yes its fearmongering by them because they have never been attacked before and don't have anyone saying they should be wiped of the planet...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Great. Israel successfully tested an anti-missile missile.

The Israel-haters can write comments and star each other.

(yawn)

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Blast, you beat me to it!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Almost amusing...

"some people" make a big deal about it is ok for Iran and N.K. to test fire "OFFENSIVE" weapons systems.

Yet, when another country tests a "INTERCEPTER" of these offensive systems, that same person is agast...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Noh - again that miss translated quote!

And for all Israeli lovers in ATS...

- The news is that Israel is making clear preparations to start a new war... Which I am truly against. North Korea or Iran, or any other countries has all the same rights to have weapons like other sovereign nations.

Gaza Op was one of the greatest warcrimes in human history...

- Right wing and facist Bibis regime of Israel should be disarmed from attack weapons, and forced to negotiqations with its neigbours by international officials before its too late.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Israel's already tested it's Nuclear weapons: en.wikipedia.org...

I didn't see too much of a fuss about them acquiring a 300-strong stockpile of Offensive IRBM's.

But N. Korea or Iran acquiring one ICBM is enough to warrant threats of military action from Israel, US and the UN.

Very proportionate response.

"some people" make a big deal about it is ok for Iran and N.K. to test fire "OFFENSIVE" weapons systems.

Ballistic missiles are not much good tactically as well as politically without a warhead, especially a nuclear one.

And neither state has the capacity to fissionize weapons-grade uranium.

Nor will they at any point in the near future.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by whoshotJR

- Right wing and facist Bibis regime of Israel should be disarmed from attack weapons, and forced to negotiqations with its neigbours by international officials before its too late.

I would agree with you there, only the Arabs states around Israel do not get along either. There will never be any fruitful negotiations or peace in that region. War is inevitable when people hate each other this much.

The double standard on weapons testing only exists because of hate and fear being served by all sides.

I do not hate Israel, Jews, Arabs, Muslims, Christians, or any other group involved with this mess. I do, however, believe that the fundamentalist elements of the above mentioned groups are all bringing us closer to doomsday. This is not because it is ordained by scripture, but because they are actively seeking Armageddon on their own terms.

Since we are speculating on ideal solutions, here is mine. Israel should not be destroyed, but since no one can live there without the threat of violence, we should vacate the land, build a shrine dedicated to ALL Abrahamic religions right where the temple mount is, and use the land to produce food and maybe even have the worlds largest water-desalinization plant. Both Palestinian and Israeli farmers and engineers would live and work together. I do not think that this will be the outcome, but we can dream.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Not in the near future? North Korea actually *has* a small number of nuclear weapons. They've even conducted a test. It didn't achieve a very high yield, and some experts have concluded that it was a "dud" so-to-speak, but it was still at least a half of a kiloton. Source

The test was enough to prove intent.

As for Iran, even though the IAEA hasn't come right out and said "Iran is developing nuclear weapons," Every time they issue a new report the indication is that they are getting closer to the ability to do so. The last country to walk down a similar line was... well, North Korea. Figure that.

I know it seems unfair for nuclear armed countries to complain about other countries developing nuclear weapons, but please pardon us Americans for not wanting countries to develop nuclear weapons after their leaders have expressed complete and utter hatred for us.

I'm sure Russia would pitch a freaking fit if Georgia started building nukes. I bet China would be through the roof if Taiwan built one.

It's not hypocrisy here. It's the simple idea that any policy is fair game when trying to deny one's enemies the ability to destroy whole cities with a single weapon.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have no problem with Israel test firing missiles...
@ all.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

North Korea actually *has* a small number of nuclear weapons.

Yawn. Baseless claims.

It didn't achieve a very high yield, and some experts have concluded that it was a "dud" so-to-speak, but it was still at least a half of a kiloton.

It was a dud.
It was a conventional explosion of 1 kiloton of TNT attempting to simulate a nuclear test. (Which can be had by purchasing around $100,000 in ammonium nitrate, nothing special.)

The test was enough to prove intent.

It doesn't prove anything because no one can conclusively state whether it was Nuclear or not.

Hence, moot point.

As for Iran, even though the IAEA hasn't come right out and said "Iran is developing nuclear weapons,"

In fact, they've come right out and said the EXACT OPPOSITE:

"They do not have even the nuclear material, the raw unenriched uranium to develop one nuclear weapon if they decide to do so," ElBaradei said. "Even if you decide to walk out tomorrow from the non-proliferation treaty and you go into a lot of scenarios, we're still not going to see Iran tomorrow having nuclear weapons."

www.haaretz.com...

The following are highlights from the document:

Article IV (1): These modalities cover all remaining issues and the Agency [meaning IAEA] confirmed that there are no other remaining issues and ambiguities regarding Iran's past nuclear program and activities.

Article IV (3): The Agency's delegation is of the view that the agreement on the above issues shall further promote the efficiency of the implementation of safeguards in Iran and its ability to conclude the exclusive peaceful nature of the Iran's nuclear activities.

Article IV (4): The Agency has been able to verify the non-diversion of the declared nuclear materials at the enrichment facilities in Iran and has therefore concluded that it remains in peaceful use.

www.globalresearch.ca...

but please pardon us Americans for not wanting countries to develop nuclear weapons after their leaders have expressed complete and utter hatred for us.

Pardon Iran for getting a little defensive and claustrophobic given the current situation in the Middle East:

And especially given America's propensity to use "mythical WMD's" as a pretext for war, which later turns out to be utter bogus nonsense... *cough* IRAQ *cough*

It's not hypocrisy here.

America started the Manhattan project SOLELY as an offensive measure to build a nuclear weapon to use on Germany and Japan during WW2.

Now it's trying to tell Iran that is it prohibited from acquiring even Nuclear Energy for CIVILIAN purposes at all.

Don't give me that crap.

Hypocrisy is the mainstay of American foreign policy. America tells the world to abide by an entirely different set of rules than the ones it abides by.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
MORE ALARMING NEWS WHERE ISRAEL IS NOW HEADING... - Something where this thread, new missile test is deeply involved!

- Just please people "wake up!" -

IDF planning largest-ever drill to prepare Israel for war

The Home Front Command is preparing to hold the largest exercise ever in Israeli history, scheduled to take place in about two months, in hopes of priming the populace and raising awareness of the possibility of war breaking out.

Should there be a war, Israel would have insufficient emergency and rescue response units, according to a senior Home Front Command officer.

Speaking with Haaretz, Col. Hilik Sofer, who is in charge of the Department for Population at the Home Front Command, said that "in wartime there will be insufficient Magen David Adom, rescue and chemical and biological warfare units. Even if we call up the reserves of the Home Front Command, we will have to rely on the population itself."

"We need to train for a reality in which during war missiles can fall on any part of the country without warning," he said.

www.haaretz.com...

- Why we suppose to assume that its only a drill?

link   
Hypocrisy? Hypocrisy my arse.
The only reason any of you are making anything over this is because...tada...it's Israel. How quaint.

link   
Now here (not N. Korea) is your real threat when it comes to nukes. Israel's gonna be the trigger for the nuclear war. They've been itching to nuke Iran for decades, are nonsignatories to the NNPT, denied for decades they even had nukes. This is your real unstable government and threat to world peace.

I haven't had time to read all of this Obama-wants-to-rid-the-world-of-nukes news, but did the Israelis perchance have a statement on that? My guess would be no or some "official" lipservice, but of course being the put-upon renegades they are they'd just not sign and ignore it anyway. Rules don't apply to them (or their chum world police the U.S.) anyway, you know?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

Another nugget right here folks.

Someone just flipped the "ANTI-SEMITE!" switch didn't they?

What's next I'm a "Holocaust Denier"? "Nazi Sympathiser"? "Hamas supporter"? "Bigot"? "Fascist"? "Self-hating Jew"? "Iranian"? "Arab"? "Muslim"? "Muslim sympathiser"? "Neo-Nazi"?

How many clichéd expressions can you come up with to defend your lack of argumentative skills or even any argument to begin with?

It's precisely this ridiculous attitude by Israel-apologists that makes Israel such an unpopular topic on ATS to begin with.

Instead of bothering to constructively argue the point, they simply attempt to smear you with the "Anti-Semitism" brush, which is some how analogous to decisively winning an argument.

Fine, you're a "Communist". I win.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The last time I checked this thread was about Israel testing an ABM interceptor.

As far as that goes, if I lived in a country where rockets were constantly raining down on me all day long, you bet your sweet bippy I'd want my military testing out new interceptors - regularly! The Arrow is a very good system, and this test was as much a political statement as it was a military test.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

The Arrow is not designed to intercept Qassam rockets from Hamas, or any of the other bottle-rocket derivatives that Israel faces.

They're touting this as their defence against mythical Iranian nuclear weapons.

Last time I checked, read the article and then post.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join