It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Carries Out Missile Test: Defense Ministry

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The middle east has never been peaceful ever....no matter what belief you conspire to believe. You can't make people that don't want peace take it. They obviously like what they are doing, and us trying to change it only makes them worse. This is when a muslim becomes a "radical extremest." There will NEVER be peace over there. They are too devoted to their religion and beliefs to care. So what, someday they will go to war, and it won't be pretty.

This is why the war in Iraq and Afghanistan aren't doing what they were intended for, setting up a democratic government.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by USamf]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Ummmmm.........how about because Israel is surrounded, albeit, they put themselves in this place, by countries who hate them. Countries who pay their surrogates to harrass them. I admit the weapons used so far against Isreal are not the most efficient weapons systems available. During the Gulf War Israel was attacked with SCUD misssles by Iraq, and it wasn't even a war between Israel and Iraq. It was Arab nations against Iraq and of course the U.S and some other minor players Like the Somali platoon and of course allies who sent a bit of soldiers and equipment. lol. Yeah, so far these surrogates haven't caused massive damage to Israel, but the intent is clear. Let's harrass them until they do something way over top and then wipe them off the map. I personally believe that in Gaza and a few years ago in Lebanon, Israel held back from the destruction they could truly put upon these people. They meet force and attacks with a greater degree of force. It only makes sense to me to do so. So Israel will hold drills to educate their population and to train them and to make them aware that surrounding countries could very easily follow thorugh with their talk of wiping Israel off the map or pushing the Jews into the sea. I have visited Israel and the people do live with a certain amount fear. But they are not ready as a population for an all out war that could easily be escalated to a point where the entire population would be subjected to genocide. They do need drills and training and awareness greater than they have now, if they are to survive in this hotbed of hell that is the middle east. Once Israel is destroyed, what will the Arab and Muslim nations around them do? Ah, yes. Live in peace. NOT! I personally don't see what the hell the U.S. is doing with our presence in that area of the world. If it's only for oil. Sheesh. It's cheaper to just buy it on the open market. But I certainly can understand why Israel does what does to continue its existance. I just don't understand why the U.S. supports a country that has few valuable resources or a population that is so very small as to not warrant our protection if the population was in, say, Ruwanda. Just my rant. It's probably not all that important to anyone else since I have NO power to affect world events, etc.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by kyred]

[edit on 7-4-2009 by kyred]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Yawn. Baseless claims.

It was a dud.
It was a conventional explosion of 1 kiloton of TNT attempting to simulate a nuclear test. (Which can be had by purchasing around $100,000 in ammonium nitrate, nothing special.)

"Yawn?" Oh, snarky, are we? Fine, you'll get the jerk side of me in return. I suggest that you quit lying to further your anti-American goals. Google is our friend. Radioactive isotopes indicative of a nuclear blast were detected in the atmosphere above the test site. North Korea, Russia, China, and the United States ALL stated that it was a nuclear test. Don't believe me? Look it up.

North Korea had sanctions placed on it by the U.N. Security Council - in other words, even its ally China voted against them. Are you seriously so hellbent on bashing my country that you'll even suggest that North Korea lied to get sanctions placed on itself?

You know, it's a common myth that people "yawn" because they're tired or bored. It's actually the body's response when not enough oxygen is getting to the brain.

It doesn't prove anything because no one can conclusively state whether it was Nuclear or not.

Hence, moot point.

It doesn't need to be proven, because it's not up for debate. Every single country that has ever spoken about the issue stated that it was a nuclear test, including the country that did it.

You're basically trying to construct an argument on the basis that the entire planet is lying, and only you know the truth. Sorry pal, you can keep selling that story but nobody with half a brain is gonna buy it.

In fact, they've come right out and said the EXACT OPPOSITE:

"They do not have even the nuclear material, the raw unenriched uranium to develop one nuclear weapon if they decide to do so," ElBaradei said. "Even if you decide to walk out tomorrow from the non-proliferation treaty and you go into a lot of scenarios, we're still not going to see Iran tomorrow having nuclear weapons."

In fact, you're deliberately citing old references that are no longer relevant. If you look at old enough news reports, you can probably find some officials saying that Russia doesn't have enough material to build the bomb.

What happens if we look at more current reports on their uranium stockpiles? Say, February 19th of 2009, as opposed to some time in 2008? Oh, yeah, that's right:

Iran has enriched enough uranium to make bomb, IAEA says

Pardon Iran for getting a little defensive and claustrophobic given the current situation in the Middle East:

And especially given America's propensity to use "mythical WMD's" as a pretext for war, which later turns out to be utter bogus nonsense... *cough* IRAQ *cough*

Nobody's saying Iran has WMD's. The problem is with the possibility that they could make them.

Oh, I know what you'll say next, "Well, Israel has them, so why shouldn't Iran?" Well, Iran signed something called a "treaty" stating that they would adhere to certain rules. Israel has not. Was it not YOU YOURSELF who was just recently spitting foam in another thread about how a country isn't bound to a treaty that it is not a signatory of? Granted, it's late, and I might have you confused with somebo...

I don't know which world you descend from, but here, to be bound by a legal document you must have stated your intent to adhere to it and that is usually done in writing.

...Oh, okay, yeah that was you. I just thought I'd nip that argument in the bud, since that's usually the next one you folks pull out of your butts.

America started the Manhattan project SOLELY as an offensive measure to build a nuclear weapon to use on Germany and Japan during WW2.

I suppose you would have preferred Imperial Japan or Nazi Germany to acquire the bomb first? I can see how that would have been much better for the world.

Now it's trying to tell Iran that is it prohibited from acquiring even Nuclear Energy for CIVILIAN purposes at all.

No, we're worried about our enemies developing powerful weapons. Put it in perspective: Let's say that the guy living down the street had been telling everyone in the neighborhood for years that you are the "Great Satan," that he hates you, and that if you ever stepped into his yard he would destroy you.

Then one day, you find out he just purchased a hockey mask, a shovel, some rope, a bag of lime, and a chainsaw. Oh, sure... he says it's for peaceful purposes. Don't you think you'd have some concerns?

Don't give me that crap.

Hypocrisy is the mainstay of American foreign policy. America tells the world to abide by an entirely different set of rules than the ones it abides by.

Crap? Post something worth more than crap, and maybe you'll get more than crap in return. In the meantime, consider this: If you're wrong, and Iran and North Korea ARE developing nuclear weapons, they'll be able to hit "Terra Australis" once they can hit Washington, D.C. I mean really, really think about the implications there, and then think about how many times your country has been nuked by the U.S., and then get back to me about who should be following which set of rules.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I WANT MOAR SANCTIONZ!!!11!!!1

Too bad the 'double standard' will have nothing to do with anything that starts with I and ends with rael....

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is obviously an inflammatory move by Israel. The whole interceptor is to test "a system designed to defend against possible ballistic missile attacks by Iran and Syria". Why even bother mentioning Iran and Syria? If they want to test missile interceptors then fine. But cover all your borders from all angles.

This looks like a huge case of 'come and have a go if you think you're hard enough'.

I also find it laughable that they've developed this Arrow II to intercept ballistic missiles and it tests 90% successful, but they can't shoot the small pea-shooter-esque rockets coming from Gaza out of the air.

Surely that should be easy for a country receiving such high military aid and who are at the forefront of military technology?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Nammu]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
You guys are right, a defensive missile is not the same as an offensive one. But if you're going to say N Koreas lying about it not being for satellites, then you should just as easily say Israel doesnt have good intentions either.

By the way, here is video evidence of Israels nuclear weapons. And answer, if Vanunu didnt expose something important, why is he imprisoned in solitary confinement?

Anyway there is a point to be made, why is it always you criticised Israel, you hate them, we get it, or you're an anti-Jewish, admit it, but if someone criticises Bushes policies, they're not anti-American, or if you say I hate what Stalin did they dont call you anti-Russian? Yes there are people who call Israel on every little thing but the people calling racism and such act like Israel hasnt done anything wrong. They clearly are psyching up people for war. And again there are Jews calling out Israels warmongering and crimes. There are Israelis opposed to many of Israels actions! Im opposed to many of Israels actions. Doesnt mean I hate all Israelis. Im opposed to many of US's actions. Doesnt mean I hate all Americans. and so on.

If your argument is that Israel can have weapons because of threats then surely Iran should have the MOST weapons, with Israel, US, others threatening them. North Korea and any nation labelled "unstable", "terrorist", etc by YOUR logic should be stockpiling like mad. They are the ones on the hit list.

I think Israel should be allowed to have weapons. Every country should (well, until we can get rid of them ALL). But I dont believe ANY should have nukes!! There is no way to avoid collateral damage with Nukes. They are meant to kill civilians.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
lol
What a bunch of fear mongering ignorant drivel on this thread-incredible!
Israel is the little country of 3500 years ago who came back to life and will continue to live on in spite of the devilish hatred against her .
Read the Bible if you dare:
Genesis 12 :3
Curse the Jew- be cursed
Bless the Jew- be blessed

Happy Passover and Shalom to those who know what it means

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Originally posted by JanusFIN

- Where the worlds condemnation?

O..snip

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
MORE ALARMING NEWS WHERE ISRAEL IS NOW HEADING... - Something where this thread, new missile test is deeply involved!

- Just please people "wake up!" -

IDF planning largest-ever drill to prepare Israel for war

The Home Front Command is preparing to hold the largest exercise ever in Israeli history, scheduled to take place in about two months, in hopes of priming the populace and raising awareness of the possibility of war breaking out.

Should there be a war, Israel would have insufficient emergency and rescue response units, according to a senior Home Front Command officer.

Speaking with Haaretz, Col. Hilik Sofer, who is in charge of the Department for Population at the Home Front Command, said that "in wartime there will be insufficient Magen David Adom, rescue and chemical and biological warfare units. Even if we call up the reserves of the Home Front Command, we will have to rely on the population itself."

"We need to train for a reality in which during war missiles can fall on any part of the country without warning," he said.

www.haaretz.com...

- Why we suppose to assume that its only a drill?

This is the BEST NEWS I have read all YEAR! Thank GOD! Please Israel, please for the love of all that is good and decent... Bomb the HELL OUT OF IRAN, and lets get this World War 3 party started! Please! Please... For the love of god...please! I just want to kill extremists with laser beams on my head... Is that to much to ask, I mean seriously?

BTW… Are you kidding me? Iran is supposed to be able to have enough material for one bomb by the end of this year, most likely before... That statement above is nothing but smart planning, not to mention Netanyahu vowed to end the Iranian threat if the UN does not!!! It's about damn time if you ask me... Besides, I’m tired of everyone claiming the world is gonna end today, tomorrow, 2012, sometime soon, etc… Decade after decade and the world is still clicking along, we‘re all nucking futs, but we’re still clicking along, which means… all those supposed prophetic people are damn liars. Well I'm sick of it, I want at least one dooms day prophesy to come true. Push the Button… Yeah, Push the damn button!

--Charles Marcello

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join