It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Carries Out Missile Test: Defense Ministry

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Hey sport, if you had to make a choice between which country, Israel or Iran, you could trust with a nuke, who would you pick? Your accusation that one has resorted to pulling out the "anti-semite" card is about as ludicrous as your continued assertion that Iran's nuclear program is solely and only for peaceful purposes. How about constructively argue that point by answering the question I asked, kkthx.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
And USA gives the backing... NY Times - surprise - surprise!

Indictment Says Banned Materials Sold to Iran

Prosecutors in New York have charged a Chinese businessman and his company with recently selling tons of sensitive materials to Iran, clandestine sales that prosecutors say violate United Nations bans aimed at restraining Tehran’s rocket and nuclear ambitions.

Iran’s missile and nuclear programs are a central global worry. Tehran is speeding ahead to enrich uranium in defiance of the U.N. Security Council and recently launched a satellite in what analysts see as an important step toward a long-range missile that can hurl warheads.

www.nytimes.com...

- Before you know it - we are in large scale war and its escalation...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I'm sorry. I was reading one of your previous posts where you were blathering on about North Korea, Iraq, WWII, and a bunch of other silly stuff that has nothing to do with Israeli ABM systems. Personally, I'm attempting to stick to the subject......

Iran has the motive and are acquiring the means. They buy and build MRBM's, actively flight test them, and seek to obtain ICBM technology. They are enriching uranium, and are obtaining, by hook or by crook, the necessary technology to create nuclear weapons.

It is only a matter of time.

If you do not believe this, then you are denying reality. If you claim that there is no information to support these positions.....then you do not have access to all the information on the subject.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

Hey sport, if you had to make a choice between which country, Israel or Iran, you could trust with a nuke, who would you pick?

Who says either of them deserve Nuclear weaponry?

I wouldn't trust them in the hands of either (or anyone else in the world for that matter), but admittedly, it is Israel that possesses them, not Iran here.

So I'm going to have with the latter there sport, the one with proven Nuclear weapons and the intent to use them.

How about constructively argue that point by answering the question I asked, kkthx.

I did.

Read my previous posts instead of your typical, one-line responses that never contribute anything meaningful to a thread but your own prejudices.

And don't try and back down from your blatant attempt to try and categorise everyone who dares to speak against Israel as an anti-Semite, it couldn't have been anymore obvious.

"Woe is Israel, why can't you all leave them alone? Meanwhile, let's belittle Iran and delude ourselves into thinking they actually constitute a threat based on evidence that doesn't exist."

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Apparently, Israel testing an Anti-Ballistic Missile system is a BIG deal but N.Korea testing an ICBM/imaginary satellite is "their sovereign right"!
Can we get any more loopy here ?

Moreover, the Arrow ABM system has been with them for so long, this test is probably a test to validate some new technologies or perhaps to dust off the system to make sure it works, as their threat scenario has changed.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

I'm sorry. I was reading one of your previous posts where you were blathering on about North Korea, Iraq, WWII, and a bunch of other silly stuff that has nothing to do with Israeli ABM systems.

Now who's getting confused?

And you were lecturing me on "staying focused".

Iran has the motive and are acquiring the means. They buy and build MRBM's, actively flight test them, and seek to obtain ICBM technology.

And 21% of Americans own firearms. Hence they must all be plotting mass murder and chaos.

I love the circular logic here. "If you possess this, you must be thinking that"

They are enriching uranium, and are obtaining, by hook or by crook, the necessary technology to create nuclear weapons.

Blah, blah, and blah.

Unsubstantiated, unverified, unproven, unbelievably George Bush- reminiscent rhetoric.

That's what they told us about Iraq. So please, spare me. The American people have had it up to their necks in WMD exaggerations.

If you claim that there is no information to support these positions.....then you do not have access to all the information on the subject.

Show me.

I'm not kidding when I say I would like people to show me conclusive proof that Iran is a threat, nor do I say that to hear the sound of my own voice, figuratively speaking.

I'm dying to see some sound evidence Iran is indeed creating nuclear weapons and not the ramblings of armchair-generals who have a perpetual hard-on for military conflict.

Conflict which they'll never experience in their lives.

[edit on 7/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
... AND WHAT MAKE ME SCARE MOST TODAY?

Obama praises Islam, calls for Mideast peace

ISTANBUL (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama ended his trip to Muslim Turkey on Tuesday by calling for peace and dialogue with Islam and the creation of a Palestinian state living side by side with Israel.

www.reuters.com...

... FALSE PROPHET - THE OBAMA DECEPTION.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

and preaching death to the infedel is so much more peace fostering. control the massive population of retarded religous people who would gladly strap a bomb to their chest.

Isnt religion great.... it has ruined every chance for peace these 2 incredibly foolish people have in life.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Un******g believable.

If there's not an active anti-Israeli thread, then someone will take a defensive missile test and create one.

To test a anti-missile missile, to make improvements, or adjust targeting capability, for a nation who just a while back were bombarded by missiles from Hizballah, and suddenly, Israel is going to start World War Three.

What a jump! No logic, no data, no facts, no official statements, no documentation - gee. Can this be more transparent?

Uhm, guys . . . we get it.

You hate Israel.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Israel's already tested it's Nuclear weapons: en.wikipedia.org...

Wikipedia as a source?
Also, even the wikipedia article clearly states the ambiguity of the event and the major doubt of it even being a nuclear explosion let alone being an Israeli test.
And this is the "evidence" of Israel's nuclear weapons ? There is no proof at all.

I didn't see too much of a fuss about them acquiring a 300-strong stockpile of Offensive IRBM's.

But N. Korea or Iran acquiring one ICBM is enough to warrant threats of military action from Israel, US and the UN.

The most ironic thing is that on one hand you accept the some voices withing the US asserting that Israel has nuclear weapons without any reservations but at the same doubt the US and the West for asserting the Iran is developing nuclear weapons ?? Hello, pot meet kettle.

Also by the same reasoning, even if Israel does have nuclear weapons (something that nobody has provided any conclusive proof of so far! ) they have already shown themselves to be responsible nuclear power by exercising restraint and care with their possessions for so many years despite the evolving hostile environment around them.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Who says either of them deserve Nuclear weaponry?

Who says anyone deserves nuclear weaponry?
You fail at understanding what nuclear non-proliferation means and at threat assessment.

So I'm going to have with the latter there sport, the one with proven Nuclear weapons and the intent to use them.

Show me where Israel has the "intent to use them" and I will match them, one for one, on Iran's "intent to use" them once acquired.

And don't try and back down from your blatant attempt to try and categorise everyone who dares to speak against Israel as an anti-Semite, it couldn't have been anymore obvious.

Oh, I hardly "backed down;" I simply called your attempt to throw the card as ludicrous, again about as ludicrous as your continued persistance that Iran's nuclear program is only and solely for peaceful purposes. Your attempt to deflect that simple fact amounts to a phail.

"Woe is Israel, why can't you all leave them alone? Meanwhile, let's belittle Iran and delude ourselves into thinking they actually constitute a threat based on evidence that doesn't exist."

Be assured, that if the so-called "evidence" did exist, you would still be actively denying it and supporting that alleged Iranian nuclear program that is only and solely for peaceful purposes. Bet.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

Who says anyone deserves nuclear weaponry? You fail at understanding what nuclear non-proliferation means and at threat assessment.

And you fail at reading comprehension:
"I wouldn't trust them in the hands of either (or anyone else in the world for that matter)"

Yeah let's pretend I didn't say that huh? Nice try.

Show me where Israel has the "intent to use them" and I will match them, one for one, on Iran's "intent to use" them once acquired.

Fair enough:

Prime Minister Golda Meir and her “kitchen cabinet” made the decision on the night of 8 October. The Israelis assembled 13 twenty-kiloton atomic bombs. The number and in fact the entire story was later leaked by the Israelis as a great psychological warfare tool. Although most probably plutonium devices, one source reports they were enriched uranium bombs. The Jericho missiles at Hirbat Zachariah and the nuclear strike F-4s at Tel Nof were armed and prepared for action against Syrian and Egyptian targets. They also targeted Damascus with nuclear capable long-range artillery although it is not certain they had nuclear artillery shells.[

www.fas.org...

Strategically, Israel uses its long-range missiles and nuclear-capable aircraft (and, some say, submarines with nuclear-armed cruise missiles) to deter both conventional and unconventional attacks, or to launch "the Samson Option", an all-out attack against an adversary should defenses fail and population centers be threatened. In addition, despite Israel's insistence that it "will not be the first to introduce nuclear weapons into the Middle East," these systems represent an effective preemptive strike force.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Here are the words of Defense Minister Ehud Barak: from Nov. 4, reported in the International Herald Tribune:

"It is apparently true that in 2003 Iran stopped pursuing its military nuclear program for a certain period of time," Barak said on Israeli Army Radio. "But in our estimation, since then it is apparently continuing with its program."

and: "It is our responsibility to ensure that the right steps are taken against the Iranian regime. As is well known, words don't stop missiles."

www.haaretz.com...

"Iran will not be allowed to get to the point where they will have the capability to destroy the state of Israel," Olmert said. "We shall prevail, and Iran will fail."

archive.newsmax.com...

“As soon as the green light is given, it will be one mission, one strike and the Iranian nuclear project will be demolished,” said one of the sources.

The plans, disclosed to The Sunday Times last week, have been prompted in part by the Israeli intelligence service Mossad’s assessment that Iran is on the verge of producing enough enriched uranium to make nuclear weapons within two years.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

"If Iran continues with its programme for developing nuclear weapons, we will attack it."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I guess for you it wouldn't even be enough if Ehud Olmert came out and said right in front of the press: "I am going to nuke Iran".

But that's alright, everyone goes at their own pace. By the time you figure out Israel's true intentions, Nuclear winter will have set in.

Be assured, that if the so-called "evidence" did exist, you would still be actively denying it and supporting that alleged Iranian nuclear program that is only and solely for peaceful purposes.

Is this your round-about way of admitting you indeed haven nothing to prove your all-out speculation frenzy?

If you guys even offered anything the least bit substantial, I would be far more inclined to take your opinions seriously.

But right now, they are most-assuredly only that. Opinion. Based on propaganda and lies swallowed whole from the Bush Administration and Israel.

[edit on 7/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

And this is the "evidence" of Israel's nuclear weapons ? There is no proof at all.

You think I'm seriously going to waste time debating the world's least kept secret?

Shimon Peres stated yesterday that Israel "built a nuclear option, not in order to have a Hiroshima but an Oslo."

www.fas.org...

'Nuff Said.

The most ironic thing is that on one hand you accept the some voices withing the US asserting that Israel has nuclear weapons without any reservations but at the same doubt the US and the West for asserting the Iran is developing nuclear weapons

Why are you assuming I'm going by what the West is saying regarding Israel?

Read my previous post, there's a plethora of information and evidence from the Israelis themselves and not to mention defector Mordechai Vanunu who blew the lid on the Dimona Plant and provided photographic evidence of Israeli warheads.

they have already shown themselves to be responsible nuclear power by exercising restraint and care with their possessions for so many years despite the evolving hostile environment around them.

Only because their Master has kept them on a short leash.

The Israelis are growing more and more irrational by the year and the Gaza Offensive was a brilliant example of how far they feel they are entitled to go to disproportionately avenge the deaths of a few of their citizens.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

from a post of your above...
"The Israelis are growing more and more irrational by the year and the Gaza Offensive was a brilliant example of how far they feel they are entitled to go to disproportionately avenge the deaths of a few of their citizens."
Who made you the arbiter of reasonable response?

A nation fires rockets, regardless of how well made or accurate, into another country with obvious intent to harm, and according to you the offended nation is only allowed an equal response? Do you know anything about military tactics and strategies?...and before you start, I have served in the military so can the snide remarks about going over and serving in conflict..I have.

Perhaps you should read some of the more critical thinkers on the subject of armed conflict before spouting drivel regarding equal response...

Nicco Machiavelli - If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.

John Stewart Mill - War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Ulysses S Grant - The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.

I find it telling that you do not cry dispproportionate response when Hamas demanded 1200 prisoners for the release of one Israeli soldier.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Your provided quotes have no....no....merit nor validity.
They are simply quotes taken out of contexts to simply pacify your own beliefs and paradigms concerning Israel and "their intent to use" the nuclear weapons they possess.

Your logic borders that of Imanutjob; you should be proud.

The Israelis are growing more and more irrational by the year and the Gaza Offensive was a brilliant example of how far they feel they are entitled to go to disproportionately avenge the deaths of a few of their citizens.

Oh, but you can equally excuse and/or ignore the repeated 'irrationality' of a religous fanatical Iranian leader as he continaully espouses the removal of the nation-state of Israel. Brillantly.....ironic. /fail

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Civility And Decorum Are Required on AboveTopSecret.com

Members who should know better are derailing this thread with insults and other unacceptable nonsense.

It stops now.

Further activity of this kind will be subject to corrective action.

Let's please stay on topic and leave the flame wars for lesser discussion boards.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
ok...

Here are some ontrack questions...

How many intercepter missiles does Israel have?
How many intercepters do they fire at each attacking rocket?

How many rockets does Iran/Syria have that can be launched from their country into Israel-at military bases?

How many rockets has Iran?syria given to Hamas/Hezbolla to Use?

What is the most powerful rocket/missiles Iran/Syria have (refering to payload) that can make it to Israel?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Er......Rockets are different from missiles.

Hamas/Hezbullah use rockets. Iran and Syria would use missiles.

Missiles carry large payloads and can take out big targets over large ranges. Rockets have shorter ranges with smaller warheads.

So far, the IDF doesnt use any "anti-rocket" system. They have developed one recently that they are testing out.

They do however have a deployed anti-Ballistic missile system, the Arrow II.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

Mod note: Please see this post. -- Majic

[edit on 4/7/2009 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
First off I don't subscribe to this belief, but I'll say it anyway.

I feel like western powers don't want Arab states to have any real nuclear technology not because they are afraid of a nuclear bomb but because they are more concerned with a nuclear power station and the inherent possibility of a huge dsiaster such as Cherynobl. I think the west has a very racist view of Arab countries and honestly do not think they are capable of developing and the safe use of nuclear power technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join