It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"In 3 Weeks I Will Be Put to My Death"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
She was smuggled into Canada from the US...now that wasn't very smart. She should have stayed here. The chances of being deported from the US are almost nil nowdays. Maybe she could slide back over the border and then her problem would be solved. I used to haul paper from to the port of St. Johns in NB. I saw on two different occasions, folks jump ship to try to stay in Canada, and the Immigration and Customs guys weren't very happy about it. They beat the livin' hell out of two Cubans that tried it and hauled them away in cuffs. Illegals are trouble no matter where or why they attempt to enter a country. Its never going to change no matter what the One Worlders think. Ethnicity, culture and religion just will not allow it! I'm also not sure if it needs to be changed!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Another good reason for why religion should be banned in every country and part of the world. Clearly people are psychotic and extremists, and can't handle the freedom of worship.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

“In the future, when we reach a Type 1 Civilization, then the boundaries of the individual countries will be lifted, we will be a United Planet of Human beings, this kind of action will no longer be acceptable.”

I’m sorry, but is this a proselytizing, ‘we are the world’, syrupy quote from a transcript of a really bad Star Trek episode? Is that you Uhura trying to beam us up? If so, we do not want your ‘World Federation’ Gene Roddenberry/Isaac Asimov bloviating on the evils of sovereign nations and societies; while all of you ‘one worlders’ are legends in your own minds, the rest of us are busy trying to save our Republic. We do not have time to walk around in Spock ears or dressed as Klingons fantasizing about some “Type 1 Civilization” evolutionary bad acid dream, we are working to restore our Constitutional, Representative Republic, so beam yourself up so we can get busy. Live long and prosper on another planet.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
reply to post by antar

“In the future, when we reach a Type 1 Civilization, then the boundaries of the individual countries will be lifted, we will be a United Planet of Human beings, this kind of action will no longer be acceptable.”

I’m sorry, but is this a proselytizing, ‘we are the world’, syrupy quote from a transcript of a really bad Star Trek episode? Is that you Uhura trying to beam us up? If so, we do not want your ‘World Federation’ Gene Roddenberry/Isaac Asimov bloviating on the evils of sovereign nations and societies; while all of you ‘one worlders’ are legends in your own minds, the rest of us are busy trying to save our Republic. We do not have time to walk around in Spock ears or dressed as Klingons fantasizing about some “Type 1 Civilization” evolutionary bad acid dream, we are working to restore our Constitutional, Representative Republic, so beam yourself up so we can get busy. Live long and prosper on another planet.

Sarge,
You crack me up,
! I was thinking the same thing and do think the same thing when I read posts quoting Star Trek. Life on earth will never be lived in a manner like that. Only when Human nature ceases to exist, and then there will be no need because we will not exist as the human specie!
Zido

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
When it comes down to the final week, and she is not able to stay in canada...She should just run and hide. I mean seriously, if i was in that position there is no one else that can help me but me. So running and hiding from the government in the country would be a good idea. I am sure there are some people, maybe the mafia or something that can find a way to get her citizenship. She could always marry some guy too right?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You know, I am constantly reminded that if anything is said negatively about Islam or Muslims, it is not an opinion it is racist. We fought wars in some of these countries (granted, the wars were ineffectively managed) to try to free some of the oppressed. We still haven't been told enough how "evil" we are and how we should "leave other countries alone". Now some of the same tree hugging people that think talking to extremists in a happy, friendly way is an effective deterrent seem to be saying that we should go against another cultures sovereignty to prevent them from living their way. Pick a f@¢k!ñg side. You can't go against a country for the entire population of women being abused, but you will for one woman?

Send her back to the US. I'm working my butt off every day to help support millions of illegals living according to their culture in my country. She certainly won't be deported from here as I think someone else mentioned. And she'll get some of my money.

P.S. SGTChas - star for you

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
reply to post by Mekanic

So it's ok that she gets murdered because it's part of her culture. And because it's part of her culture, she had no right to try to escape it for a normal life. Is that how that works?

uhmm yes...until these types of immigration laws are changed, this is how it works...she wasn't the first and she won't be the last. this world can be barbaric and cruel and if you do not know this, you need to do some traveling yourself and talk to native people that live or have lived in this type of society. by the way...thousands of children and adults die every day from atrocities around the world, you can't save them all. but you can volunteer for many NGO's (non-governmental organizations) that are spread out across the world working to influence governments and help everyday people who need help. it's not easy, and you have to be able to stomach seeing alot of pain and suffering.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My take, keep her here. If there was a crime, it should be tried here, where it happened. If she is found innocent, the accuser should automatically forfeit his life.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
*I've figured it out!

Of all the human interest stories we could have been told by the media up here - they decided to pick this one.... Which focuses on the barbarity of the Pakistanis and hows us a nation in need of our 'assistance' ;-)

This is similiar to the kind of stories they were running during the prelude to the Afghan war - now that we have women in the Army, stories like this might just help develop the appropriate amount of righteous indignation at this primitive patriarchal society.

....just theorizing.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This kind of story really gets my goat. I work in immigration (im not stating for which nation i work but it may well be obvious depending on what you guys can take form my u/n etc). Im fed up of the bleeding hearts who fall for every sob story about what will happen when they are returned.

Ive seen the lies they claim (and yes i blatantly state lies as ive had access to their files with documentary evidence to prove it) and the heart strings they pull- give me a break. This woman claims that she will be killed if shes returned because of cutting mens hair, (one of the posters states that she has letters from her husband to prove the threats are true)......ok missus, question time

1. isnt it convenient, if the poster was indeed correct, that she has letters from her other half saying im going to kill you? surely if she fled he wouldnt know how to contact her so how would she be in possession of such damning evidence??? the plot thickens.

2. how big is Pakistan? seriously now coz if its the size of the bar in cheers where everybody knows your name then ill hold my hands up and say she could be in trouble if that was true. However i believe its kinda bigger and that she could live in 90% of Pakistan and her family wouldnt have a clue (until the dollars stopped coming in the mail) that she was even there.

its just a load of codswallop by someone who wants a better life (not a bad thing in itself as long as you play by the rules) and has concocted a story to gain sympathy

sorry but i see this BS all the time so i get used to it, rant over

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join