It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"In 3 Weeks I Will Be Put to My Death"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

A Mississauga woman says she'll be the victim of an honour killing by her estranged husband, a Muslim extremist, when she's deported to Pakistan at the end of the month.

digg.com...

This is INsane! We are talking about a human life here, how can people be so primitive. If you all can do one thing, can you just digg that article in the link. Hopefully someone with connections with read it and help save this woman's life.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by ATSGUY]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The Canadian government has no respect for the human rights of the citizens within its borders, I don't really see why you'd expect them to care about the fate of one not within them.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Something has to be done to help this poor woman. If they deport her and she ends up getting killed, well, I don't even want to think about that.

This woman committed no crime. She cut men's hair. She dishonored her husband.

Will Canada really deport her knowing what fate awaits her in Pakistan?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
so just because someone says they fear being killed they should be given refugee status? the state has no right to investigate and decide the case?

here's a question for you, this woman was smuggled into canada from the US, if all she wanted was asylum then why didn't she apply for it in the first port of safety?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If it is part of her culture, then she was fully aware of it before she left. While I don't condone her being killed, you can't forcibly change a person's culture. And how do we know that she isn't just telling this story to get out of deportation?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mekanic

Maybe if you read the story you would think differently. She applied for refuge status and was refused. She has letters written from her husband since 2006 saying she had dishonored him and she could not stay alive if she returned home.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Do you know how immigration for people from certain countries works?
Here step by step for you:

1. you apply for a visa
2. you pay the application fees
3. you get denied and deported

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mekanic

So it's ok that she gets murdered because it's part of her culture. And because it's part of her culture, she had no right to try to escape it for a normal life. Is that how that works?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That's the irony, they let out innocent victims and yet the West does nothing about the growing extreamist Muslim populations in their own countries which they provide great tollerance for. Yet in their countries people are driven out because of their individualities and differences and we don't let them into to our save havens, we just set up camps in the West for more Musims to do more sepratist intollerances on each other so people can not get away from their forced submissions and fears.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
If it is part of her culture, then she was fully aware of it before she left. While I don't condone her being killed, you can't forcibly change a person's culture. And how do we know that she isn't just telling this story to get out of deportation?

Are you aware of what you just said? You "don't condone"...killing? This should be on the front pages, to understand the muslim "democracy" at it's best. This is what is going to happen to all Christians and atheists once muslims have the majority in your democratic states.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by greshnik]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mekanic

We can't forcibly change a person's culture ?

What did this country do when we invaded Iraq ?

Now they celebrate Christmas and Valentines Day amongst other things.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

What was the topic again?

Oh yeah Canada possibly sending a lady to her death in Pakistan.
Yeah that's it

Well I can see the Canadian governments side of this issue and I hope and pray the Lady is lying because if shes not and we find out that she was indeed murdered by her husband I think I'll puke

It is her culture and she knew the rules. Sad but true.
Does not mean I agree with them nor does it mean that if I were in charge I would expel her.

Just another example of how the Earth goes round and round.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
so just because someone says they fear being killed they should be given refugee status? the state has no right to investigate and decide the case?

here's a question for you, this woman was smuggled into canada from the US, if all she wanted was asylum then why didn't she apply for it in the first port of safety?

Ahhh....maybe because they are not really familiar with the proper way to enter over here....and maybe she was scarred for her life and desperate?

C'mon man. This is really a no brainer. Why would you side with a corrupt system that would send this woman to her death? Do you not realize we are talking about a culture that allows the stoning and beheading of women for infidelity? So her claim is not all that outrageous. Forget law and politics....what about moral responsibility and ethics?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
what about moral responsibility and ethics?

That stuff matters to no one until it hits home. Then people will be like oh, save them. It is really sad to think about it, i hope everything will be fine, i will keep praying for this woman and checking up on the article for updates.

Its strange, i read some comments on other sites with the same article and people act like this woman isnt even a human being, but more like just something that happens in the world, like an animal being killed...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Do you know how stop hatred? one single act of kindness at a time!
do you know how you stop starvation? one single act of kindness at a time?

This is why I consider our species uncivilized.

just one single act of kindness to another human being can have a huge effect!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Those types of death sentences are something that needs to be squelched by the entire world. People in Canada, the USA and the rest of the civilized world need to stand up for that woman, she obviously has done nothing wrong except excape from a husband that is an extremist.

Letting women be beheaded for driving cars in other countries and for not covering their faces should not be allowed. Women around the world should have the same rights as men and should be treated as equals; not as lesser beings.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
She needs to be stood up for - if sent back, sent back with everyone knowing someone is watching....be nice if we could teach her to fire a gun well and send her back ARMED.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by hadriana]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
shame. those extremist are so over the top, and treat their women so badly. we have given ourselves the technology to stay updated with world politics, and look, things dont really change. we might as well just be ignorant to the fact like before the internet, and cable tv. this # is crazy. i dont know what to say. hell, if i was a part of a culture where i would possibly face that fate, i would do everything in my power to stay low key and not get sent back. i feel for her. she will probably die

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Good point.
I bet you a high number of asylum-seekers make claims like these though it is generally true that many middle eastern deportees are killed after being returned to their home countries because they have "dishonored" their families or brought shame to them by having been deported. Jails and holding facilities keep them on suicide watch for that reason.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You let her into the County, then pretty soon her Hubby is over there as well and they are breeding children that have the legacy of the Muslim laws passed onto them and there you have it...more extremist's in your midst's.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join