It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested for Mailing Tea to House Rep.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Man Arrested for Mailing Tea to House Rep.

www.infowars.com

MANCHESTER – All Michael Yannetti wanted to do Monday was to protest the notion of Washington bailouts and $3.6 trillion in federal spending. So he did what thousands did across the country this week: mailed tea to their congressional representatives in protest.

Yesterday, police showed up at his door.

The green tea he had mailed to the Manchester office of Rep. Carol Shea-Porter prompted the evacuation of her office yesterday. Police and firefighters were at the downtown location for about 1 1/2 hours, securing the scene and conducting field tests for possible hazardous substances or volatile compounds.

“Really, I didn’t think it was a big deal,” said Yannetti, a dentist who lives in Pelham. “As far as I know, this was a mainstream thing.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Tea protests brew nationally

[edit on 3-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Michael Yannetti (resident of Pelham, New Hampshire) sent the envelope, which had "Tea Party" written on it. It was sent to a federal-building to protest government spending (especially bailouts). He also sent a few similar letters to other members of the state's congressional delegation.

Laena Fallon, U.S. Senator Judd Gregg's press-secretary, said the senator Shea's New Hampshire offices received a few letters, which contained tea, but "we're not brewing any tea with it."

She also said people in the senator Shea's office were aware a protest against the occult-government had been planned. "We considered it a unique way for constituents to share their opinion," Fallon explained.

She then went on to tell reporters that Gregg's Washington office had not received any mailed tea, but noted mail usually takes several days longer to arrive, there.

All kinds of protesters, who oppose tyrants in the occult-government are considered dangerous foes to the occult-government/military.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

I was afraid this would happen, that is why I didn't do it, there must be an alternative,

Although she most likely just wanted to be a bitch,

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I was afraid this would happen, that is why I didn't do it, there must be an alternative,

Ahaha, don't take too many risks! I was gonna get so mad at that damn stupid government, yah you heard me, I was gonna give them a piece of my mind, those dirty buggers... but then I thought about it, and they might get mad at me so I decided to just stay home and write on a forum about how I am a martyr of true change.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
S&F.

Shows how much representatives are paying attention to how ticked off the public is getting. Mailing teabags is a very common thing right now with the movement. This rep should know exactly what the teabag symbolized and how it is not any threat. Especially with the Rep being from NH, home of the New Hampshire Resolution.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What law do you suppose he was guilty of breaking? Aside from "freedom of expression?"

Not one line.

EDIT TO ADD: Proof positive that the Tea just won't mix with the Koolaide.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Ahaha, don't take too many risks! I was gonna get so mad at that damn stupid government, yah you heard me, I was gonna give them a piece of my mind, those dirty buggers... but then I thought about it, and they might get mad at me so I decided to just stay home and write on a forum about how I am a martyr of true change.

Yea I know, did you send a tea bag?

I will go to the tea party on the 15th, but not stupid.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Miss Thing needs to listen to these words carefully before she pulls another stunt like this:

'If you prohibit peaceful protest, violent revolution is inevitable.'

-JFK.

(Paraphrased)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I hope she has sealed her fate and that she gets a swift boot back home. Too bad that they will wait until the end of her term; we need to make all of these self serving politicians accountable and send them packing when they forget that they are to serve "us".

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Note: Do not send teabag.

Clip the string at the bag, send the paper tag, with string attached. NOT the BAG, but the TAG.

They will get the message...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

Thank you, that's all I'm say'in.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Well did you?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

There is, bend over and take it.

Someone should be protesting this guys arrest.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrytyes

Note: Do not send teabag.

Clip the string at the bag, send the paper tag, with string attached. NOT the BAG, but the TAG.

They will get the message...

If I do that, how do I get my tea bag out of the Hot Water?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Man got what he deserved. Having a tea party is one thing, mailing it to officials is another.

I could take arsenic and label it tea. It could have been anthrax or some kind ot toxic weed.

What did he expect to happen?

This has nothing to do with freedom of expression. Not being able to send a letter is prohibition.

If someone randomly sent somethin to my house I would worry. Much less if I was a public official.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Use a spoon...?

Sometimes in removing the individually wrapped bag, the string comes off, I use a spoon to ladle the bag out of the water... or drink the tea with the bag in the water. I use no cream/ sugar in my tea, and like it strong.

If you send the bag, you are just giving the whoresons something that you could probably use... kinda like money for taxes.

I WILL NOT give anymore than required/ taken from me, to those people.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The We The People Stimulus Package video suggested that we send our reps tea bags. Personally, manure sound more appropriate.

I guess the suggestion of sending the tag and string sounds like a safe way to protest.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

"Personally, manure sound more appropriate. "

Unfortunately,that is a BIOHAZARD, and they would try to force feed it to ya...
( as they do now)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Safe way to protest, yes let's be safe. Like our founding fathers who sought their safety over their complaints, or am I mistaken?

Why won't none of you say it? The arrest is a scare tactic of a fascist Police State and you don't have any Rights. Teabags my arse, we need to get down to their offices ourselves, IN PERSON, with buckets of tar and Feathers. Our founding fathers warned us who we would be ruled by if we allowed it, they also told us how to stop it as well as give us examples by their actions...

So while you send your tea bags or tea tags or manure or whatever other SAFE protest you have remember this. Your safe protest to government infringements, spending and tyranny TODAY ensures the enslavement of our children TOMORROW...

Sleep on that.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

There's a website called "poopsenders" boxed and packaged with no return address they'll send cow, elephant or gorilla feces for a small fee.

May be the way to go if they're going to arrest someone for mailing a teabag.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join