It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested for Mailing Tea to House Rep.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I just sent the wrapper that the bag came in. No bag included.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The responses to this post disheartens me.

If so many people are ready to throw in the towel or cut and run because an individual got harassed for mailing in a simple tea bag in the spirit of dissent then we might as well start lining up for our chips and our income credit cards.

If this is enough to terrorize the American people into compliance then we don't have the fortitude or the courage that America deserves as a country.

We have sold our souls to the company stores for a handful of baubles. I hope that the future we have bought will keep everyone happy at least until the new masters come to town.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Personally, manure sound more appropriate.

Say no more! I have just the site for your manure needs.

Poopoo delivery

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't know, just an idea here....

Why not take the tea to your local county seat, and ask them to forward it to their superiors. I'm thinking that action needs to be taken on a more personal level. Innundating county offices with crowds of vocal dissenters would clog the beurocracy (sp?) to the point that it would demand immediate attention.

Imagine this being a coordinated, well planned event... Across the nation.

Seriously, this gives TPTB another peaceful and legal wakup call.

It's just a notion.

[edit on 5/4/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by pyrytyes

There's a website called "poopsenders" boxed and packaged with no return address they'll send cow, elephant or gorilla feces for a small fee.

May be the way to go if they're going to arrest someone for mailing a teabag.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! OH MAN THAT'S PERFECT!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

The responses to this post disheartens me.

If so many people are ready to throw in the towel or cut and run because an individual got harassed for mailing in a simple tea bag in the spirit of dissent then we might as well start lining up for our chips and our income credit cards.

If this is enough to terrorize the American people into compliance then we don't have the fortitude or the courage that America deserves as a country.

We have sold our souls to the company stores for a handful of baubles. I hope that the future we have bought will keep everyone happy at least until the new masters come to town.

haha man ive already accepted this is the truth for american's... everyone who is still in denial that people are gonna rise up and take this government and the world back... is just wishfully thinking. These are the end times for a reason, these days were prophesied for a reason. Only God can save us now. keep living in denial.... this plan has been in the works for THOUSANDS of years, if you don't know or understand this, you have no idea the breathe of this satanic work.

im not stupid though ive made preparations, food, guns ammo, im not giving up on my family, but i know where the average american heart stands, and its in line for a chip. They will have to kill me and my family first.

-i expect to get flamed, i know the truth hurts. go ahead and flame, doesn't change the fact I'm right, put your trust in Jesus or your going to hell.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by daersoulkeeper]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I am not particularly sympathetic to the tea party protesters' cause, but this was a completely idiotic overreaction.

This poor guy did nothing but mail a bag of tea!

Ooooohh, scary

It's tea not freaking anthrax

How would they know it's simply tea? Like someone mentioned in the first page of this thread you could easily put lethal compounds like anthrax into a tea bag. The office's response was correct, better be safe than sorry.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

How would they know it's simply tea? Like someone mentioned in the first page of this thread you could easily put lethal compounds like anthrax into a tea bag. The office's response was correct, better be safe than sorry.

I am assuming androids neither drink nor are capable of smelling tea?

You would pretty much have to be a first class retard not to be able to tell a tea bag, is a tea bag, is a tea bag.

I bet there would not have been any fuss if it were two front row tickets to some premier at the Lincoln Center.

Politicians who fear the general citizenry probably ought to just stay in their law practice and not become so greedy as to want to make them too...

Maybe next time you could loan them your tricorder?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
You wanna tell me WHERE I advocated violence there, Spiffy?
Honestly, have you even READ this thread, and what I was replying to?
THAT defines ignorance, friend.

I am sorry that you thought that I was saying that you advocated violence. That part of the post was meant as encouragement to the person I was responding to. They seem to favor peaceful means to solve the problem and that was what I was encouraging.

I notice you like to try to belittle people. May I ask a question from a purely curious perspective? Is this done in order to strengthen a position you may have, or to lend credibility to you, or is it just your nature to put people down and you simply do not know how to address people in a civil manner?

You must surely understand that actions like this only serve to divide the population further and strengthen the government's control over the population. Is this your motivation? Do you wish to try to create divisions inside of a group of people like most of those here at ATS? I am not criticizing your methods of communication, I am only trying to understand your motives? If it is your intent to create division, why would you come to a site like this?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Leto

You would pretty much have to be a first class retard not to be able to tell a tea bag, is a tea bag, is a tea bag.

I bet there would not have been any fuss if it were two front row tickets to some premier at the Lincoln Center.

Politicians who fear the general citizenry probably ought to just stay in their law practice and not become so greedy as to want to make them too...

It is technically feasible to mix a deadly agent inside the tea bag. It would look like a tea bag, and even smell like a normal tea bag, but it'd be anything but safe.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leto

reply to post by Leto

It is technically feasible to mix a deadly agent inside the tea bag. It would look like a tea bag, and even smell like a normal tea bag, but it'd be anything but safe.

Technically cockroaches could be super radiated to scurry about with doses of radiation that would be lethal to humans too. Who should be arrested, detained or otherwise questioned every time a congressperson sees a cockroach then? The Orkin Man?

Your arguments promote a terror state and a pervasive atmosphere of fear and distrust that is not conducive to the thinking and laws that were designed to make the United States of America, the ‘Home of the Free and the Brave’.

Perhaps the congressperson deserves some kind of medal now for ‘exceptional bravery’ in the face of a teabag?

It’s an absolutely ridiculous argument. One that the only natural conclusion to would be to pass a law making it illegal to send not just congress people, and not just government officials, but all citizens as well since one class should not enjoy any extra protection than another class, anything made of plant or animal matter.

This is a clear and flagrant violation of the trusts put in her by the constituents and citizens she was elected to represent, and had she any LIGITIMATE concerns regarding said teabag the matter could have been handled with discretion through a laboratory before falsely accusing a citizen of some criminal act.

This is not the type of government I want or government official I want, and I am sure that most intelligent and informed Americans would agree.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

At that point, you might as well stop all letters and all commerce to anywhere because the same agents could be placed UPON objects as well. E.g. paper, envelopes, currency, door knobs, elevator buttons, car doors, steering wheels, telephones, cell phones, computer keyboards, or anything else that people come in contact with.

Are you seriously suggesting that civilization come to a screeching halt over "possibilities" of things occurring?

That seems like insanity to me. Shall we stop all commercials flights as well since airplanes have been used as weapons in New York?

Where does it stop?

You know what looks like tea? Well, tea looks like tea. Especially when the envelope says "tea protest" on it. It doesn't take Arthur Dent or the East India Company to know that tea is tea.

This whole thing is absurd.

It is a good ploy to stop people from complaining, though. The next time, it will be that the congressmen were afraid that the paper or envelopes were contaminated in some devious way and the sender of the complaint letter will be taken into custody and questioned for hours about this complaint letter. We will then see who sends a complaint letter in the future.

Government exists to serve the people. Not the other way around.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

This is a clear and flagrant violation of the trusts put in her by the constituents and citizens she was elected to represent, and had she any LIGITIMATE concerns regarding said teabag the matter could have been handled with discretion through a laboratory before falsely accusing a citizen of some criminal act.

This is not the type of government I want or government official I want, and I am sure that most intelligent and informed Americans would agree.

I should have just waited. You said it better. And I DO agree.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx

At that point, you might as well stop all letters and all commerce to anywhere because the same agents could be placed UPON objects as well. E.g. paper, envelopes, currency, door knobs, elevator buttons, car doors, steering wheels, telephones, cell phones, computer keyboards, or anything else that people come in contact with.

Are you seriously suggesting that civilization come to a screeching halt over "possibilities" of things occurring?

No, just that the evacuation of the building and the arrest was correct. I don't see how civilization would come to a screeching halt because of that.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

No, just that the evacuation of the building and the arrest was correct. I don't see how civilization would come to a screeching halt because of that.

How was it correct?

It was a teabag...no law was broken, no one was jeapordized.

Nor was anyone arrested, just questioned. Questions that didn't even need to be asked.

It was a waste of time and money on the tax payers dime, and violation of the man's civil liberties to boot.

There is not one provision in the law that makes a symbolic act of protest utilizing the U.S. Mail and legal harmless household items illegal.

This congresswoman should be billed personally for the law enforcement man hours and the loss of productivity evacuating her office caused.

This is a clear abuse of government power to try to intimidate people into not exercising their right to free speech.

Nothing criminal was done on the part of the sender, just the receiver.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I don't see how civilization would come to a screeching halt because of that.

It depends on what is decided a "threat" could be.

Paranoia in extremes will cause it all to collapse.

In my opinion, your paranoia is indeed extreme and unjustified.

How many other deadly contaminants have been disguised as tea in recent history? Besides you, how many people have even threatened death by tea or pseudo tea?

I am not buying it. Using your same argument, explosives have existed in cars in Iraq so all traffic should be stopped when a protester is driving a car. Just to be safe. We should then detain him and question him for hours because he owns a car and used the car to attend a protest.

"Hell, there could have been explosives in there! For the safety of the people and the children, it is our civic duty to stop traffic and take samples of all the cars in the neighborhood of the protest to make sure that no explosives are in any of them. CORDON OFF THE AREA!"

Like I said before this whole thing is a waste of taxpayer money and emergency responder time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join