It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested for Mailing Tea to House Rep.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i think its a better idea if people got in front of the d.c park and dumped tea boxes in there.. would make more of an impact or perhaps instead of tea... perhaps dollars??? isn't the dollar itself the most taxed item that we have/?? could be fake printed ones(not like the "real" ones aren't fake to begin with... it can be called the dollar party

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Talk is cheap. When you you going to start this revolutiion?

I understand how frustrated you are about the situation. You think I want my kids in a FEMA camp? Thanks for trying to guilt me for not doing enough to make this world a better place by the means you feel most effective.

You don't know me from Adam. You don't know what contributions I have made, what sacrifices I have made or any of the hell I've lived through. Hope you feel satisfied that you put me down. Other than that......WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING OTHER THAN CRITICIZING MY EFFORTS???

Can't send this as a direct reply as you are on my ignore list.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

I understand how frustrated you are about the situation. You think I want my kids in a FEMA camp? Thanks for trying to guilt me for not doing enough to make this world a better place by the means you feel most effective.

You don't know me from Adam. You don't know what contributions I have made, what sacrifices I have made or any of the hell I've lived through. Hope you feel satisfied that you put me down. Other than that......WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING OTHER THAN CRITICIZING MY EFFORTS???

I understand your passion, but one must be an intelligent warrior, you wont be doing anyone any good sitting in jail.

I don't pretend to have answers, but I do have a tea party to attend, and I hope I can make contact with others with plans, I hope it snowballs into something positive.

I think the word is, strategy.

[edit on 113030p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by News And History

Nobody was arrested. Info Wars title is a lie. It would appear either they lied on purpose or they don't read what they put on that site. My opinion of Info Wars just dropped another notch. If they feel they have to lie or mislead or even if they just don't pay attention, they are unreliable. I don't think they are useful as a source unless you read every word and confirm their sources.

I also think it could indicate the only true motive is sensationalism and the pursuit of money even if they have to stoop to this level.

THANK YOU

Geez, you guys are acting ignorant....

kinda like the "sheeple" you want to "protect"

READ THE ARTICLE

infowars = lame

ats = ???

[edit on 4-4-2009 by shermanium]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

Ah, yes! The call to action... let us make a move.

I would need a time and place, for a couple of particulars.
For at least another, I would like to know who it is I am joining, as I am not a follower, nor am I qualified to be your leader.
I will NOT blindly risk my "status" in life by stepping in beside one not willing to step out of the shadows. I will not be spurred into action by one on the sidelines.

Time and place... will there be pop corn?

The "Tea Parties" are advertised...will you be at one?
Should we the people come armed, at the ready. I just love the smell of gun powder and burning flesh.
Is now time time to put up...Or what?

The call to action, I am saying, should be hailed by those who are prepared to at least give it a shot.

Those that are not, but who are doing what ever they feel is the most they can, with what they possess, should NOT be condemned, nor chastised for what they are doing.

Or have so many forgotten that we are all in this together?

I, for one, offer my commendations to S_A_L, NOT condemnation, for
the efforts being put forth.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I just sent this email to Glen Beck's producer. I would encourage others to do the same, perhaps we can teach this woman a lesson she won't soon forget as well as any other politicians fostering similar ideas.

Dear Sir,

I just read a very troubling article about Washington Rep. Shea-Porter. It appears that a dentist sent her a tea bag as part of the tea protest. This woman took advantage of the situation to make a statement, the problem is that it was done at the expense of an innocent man and involved emergency responders. Rep. Porter decided that this tea bag may be a terrorist threat and called emergency responders to her office, shutting it down for a few hours and more importantly involving emergency responders that may have been desperately needed somewhere else. This man was then arrested for sending a tea bag to his representative. How outlandish. This woman knew full well what was happening as it is reported that she as well as all representatives had received emails warning them of this planned peaceful protest.

What is it going to take before Washington understands that we the people are serious about our discontent with the way they are running our government. To have a person arrested for a peaceful gesture of displeasure only serves to invite more aggressive tactics by the people whom are systematically being trampled by our own representation. In my opinion this woman needs to be prosecuted in the exact same manner in which you or I would if we involved emergency responders in a sham to make a statement. The dentist states that the tea bag was in an envelope titled "Tea protest".

This is an obvious attempt to manipulate the patriot act laws in the exact manner in which many of us have been concerned would happen. This law was used as a tool to prove a point and was so loosely related to its intent that I am amazed that it was even allowed to happen. The judge whom issued the arrest warrant should also be prosecuted for blatant dereliction of duty.

What troubles me the most is this. By having this man arrested fraudulently will only serve to fuel the flame of rebellion that is becoming so prevalent in this country. By restricting this man's right to peacefully protest government actions, this woman, whom is obviously ignorant to the ramifications of her own actions, may have very well lit the fuse of a second revolution in this country. I do not wish to see my family's safety placed in jeopardy because some ignorant politician decides that they need to make a statement of some sort to the very people she was elected to represent. I strongly feel that if something is done about this and done in the public view (make an example out of this idiot representative) it may curtail the fires it has already lit across the nation.

This woman has turned a very dangerous corner and I for one do not wish to be involved in any sort of bloody revolution because of her inability to foresee the ramifications of her actions.

I would like to ask that you air a show on this story.

Cordially,
Darryl Galasso

[edit on 4/4/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

But that is just it, they don't know. Anything can be stuck in a tea bag.

I think after stuff has been sent to the representatives before, it is a cautionary measure.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
He.

Was.

Not.

Arrested.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrytyes

Ah, yes! The call to action... let us make a move.

I would need a time and place, for a couple of particulars.
For at least another, I would like to know who it is I am joining, as I am not a follower, nor am I qualified to be your leader.
I will NOT blindly risk my "status" in life by stepping in beside one not willing to step out of the shadows. I will not be spurred into action by one on the sidelines.

Time and place... will there be pop corn?

The "Tea Parties" are advertised...will you be at one?
Should we the people come armed, at the ready. I just love the smell of gun powder and burning flesh.
Is now time time to put up...Or what?

The call to action, I am saying, should be hailed by those who are prepared to at least give it a shot.

Those that are not, but who are doing what ever they feel is the most they can, with what they possess, should NOT be condemned, nor chastised for what they are doing.

Or have so many forgotten that we are all in this together?

I, for one, offer my commendations to S_A_L, NOT condemnation, for
the efforts being put forth.

A little confusion here. Not condemning S_A_L, just don't like her attitude. How dare she criticize someone for taking action, when she herself admits she's too scared for her cushy existence to bleed for the very freedoms she's enjoying. "Don't forget your soap on a rope"????What are we- FIVE?
And I'd direct it at her, but as she says, she has me on "ignore."

Guess I'll lose some sleep tonight!

As far as the "call to action"? So glad you asked friend:

Jacksonville Tax Day Tea Party

And here's my comments posted 2 days ago:

Richard G Crews wrote at 2:55pm on April 2nd, 2009: "See ya'll there!"

If you need some help finding one in your area, I'd be honored to assist you sir.

[edit on 4/4/09 by MajesticJax]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shermanium
He.

Was.

Not.

Arrested.

Deny Ignorance.

OK, so that excuses or legitimizes her actions of involving emergency responders for this?

Does it not concern you in the smallest way that this could very well be manipulated into prosecuting people as terrorists?

I would imagine by your responses that this in no way concerns you and you are quite comfortable with the fact that this kind of behavior is going on and most likely will increase in both magnitude and frequency.

That is your choice and you are certainly entitled to it; however, it is our choice to be unsatisfied with the way our government is being run and to have peaceful protests in order to display our discontent with our government.

In your defense, I have long though of Alex Jones as an opportunist that is just manipulating the country's anger with government into personal gain and notoriety. So on that subject I am in complete agreement with you.

None the less, what this woman did in my opinion is not only despicable, it only serves to aggravate an already tense situation between the government and the people. If you think for one minute that this is not going to be used as a war cry, you are mistaken and that is MY biggest concern. I do not wish to place my children and grandchildren in the middle of a civil war and watch more people die than already has fighting political wars such as the fiasco in Afghanistan and Iraq. This woman has turned a very dangerous corner and the ramifications of her actions are yet to be seen.

I am sure you have read about the guy in Ny that killed 13 people at some kind of immigration center. Do you think it is a strong possibility that he lost his job, house, and everything else and was at the end of his rope? This kind of crap only serves to embolden more people like that, and where does it end? Civil war? Fema camps? Death?

[edit on 4/4/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

I think Rep Carol Porter's office should be inundated with emails scolding her for overreacting and violating that guy's civil rights.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Don't let this guy discourage you. These are the tactics the government employs so successfully against their citizens. They cannot control us unless we are divided. This guy is only serving the powers that be by trying to further divide an already divided country.

Don't let the words of ignorance discourage you from doing what you can. I do not condone violent solutions either.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Thank you for your reply. As my post was in response to yours, my words were directed at all, not you specifically, and I mean what I say.

I am in Tucson. April 15th, downtown park. I will be there, pics at ten...

All is cool, just keep in mind that the times ARE troubling, and attitudes emotionally charged. Not everyone believes in armed revolt, and not everyone has the firepower to join in.
Anger needs to be directed at those more deserving, same as attacks, verbal, as well as...the other.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Originally posted by DarrylGalasso

Originally posted by shermanium
He.

Was.

Not.

Arrested.

Deny Ignorance.

I would imagine by your responses that this in no way concerns you and you are quite comfortable with the fact that this kind of behavior is going on and most likely will increase in both magnitude and frequency.

you have no idea what I think. I want to get the facts straight before people make judgements based on ignorant 'news' posts.

That is your choice and you are certainly entitled to it; however, it is our choice to be unsatisfied with the way our government is being run and to have peaceful protests in order to display our discontent with our government.

i'm all for it, but i will not have propaganda shoved down my throat by either side

I am sure you have read about the guy in Ny that killed 13 people at some kind of immigration center. Do you think it is a strong possibility that he lost his job, house, and everything else and was at the end of his rope? This kind of crap only serves to embolden more people like that, and where does it end? Civil war? Fema camps? Death?

what does that have to do with this?

[edit on 4-4-2009 by shermanium]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Don't let this guy discourage you. These are the tactics the government employs so successfully against their citizens. They cannot control us unless we are divided. This guy is only serving the powers that be by trying to further divide an already divided country.

Don't let the words of ignorance discourage you from doing what you can. I do not condone violent solutions either.

You wanna tell me WHERE I advocated violence there, Spiffy?
Honestly, have you even READ this thread, and what I was replying to?
THAT defines ignorance, friend.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

OK, so that excuses or legitimizes her actions of involving emergency responders for this?

Does it not concern you in the smallest way that this could very well be manipulated into prosecuting people as terrorists?

That was the whole purpose of the exercise. People need to know that protests will not be tolerated. We are to do as we are told. Plain and simple.

Protest and the police will come and pay you a visit. Period.

If you let this slide, you are only encouraging this behavior in the future.

This is another one of those "toes in the water" to see how much we will be willing to accept. Your rights are gone. The Constitution is dead. We sit and bicker about whether or not she overreacted. If we called the authorities for tea, we would be paying the bill and getting a summons to appear for wasting their time and false reporting.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
First I have to say I am surprised they actually even open constituent mail anymore.

My emails to my Senators and Congresswoman get scanned for key words and then generate a form letter reply, most often telling me how glad that they are I am in favor of what I wrote about not being in favor of, since they are in favor or what I am not in favor of.

I bet the real brew-ha-ha here, pardon the pun, is that some automated letter opening machine attached to some scanner that scans her letters for key words to auto generate form replies got all clogged up with the tea bag.

Some poor staffer probably had to call a repairman, who had the unlucky job of telling some other poor staffer that, no, it’s not a warranty repair, and yes I am aware that there is no warning label saying please do not insert teabags but you still have to pay for the repair.

Some other poor staffer had to cut a check request to get the Congresswoman to sign, who said…hey we just got that machine 6 months ago isn’t it under warranty? …What!
A what? Darn I am going to have to take this repair money out of my Postal Account now; there goes my weekend to Bermuda! Get me Homeland Security on the phone…

The rest is history.

Best post here... sad but funny thing is; I truly bet that you are not too far from the truth of it.
Well thought out friend.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by pyrytyes

There's a website called "poopsenders" boxed and packaged with no return address they'll send cow, elephant or gorilla feces for a small fee.

May be the way to go if they're going to arrest someone for mailing a teabag.

haha someone send some elephant feces next!

i wonder what their response to that would be

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx

That was the whole purpose of the exercise. People need to know that protests will not be tolerated. We are to do as we are told. Plain and simple.

Protest and the police will come and pay you a visit. Period.

If you let this slide, you are only encouraging this behavior in the future.

This is another one of those "toes in the water" to see how much we will be willing to accept. Your rights are gone. The Constitution is dead. We sit and bicker about whether or not she overreacted. If we called the authorities for tea, we would be paying the bill and getting a summons to appear for wasting their time and false reporting.

They are testing the waters.

They know that most of us are just keyboard warriors who wouldn't make a peep about receiving the wrong order at a fast food drive-thru.

We would drive all the way home eating something we didn't order and did not want, bitching the whole way. Racing back home to lambast some poor guy on a web site to blow off steam.

A few actions like this will keep those mental warriors safely tucked behind their keyboards and out of their way while they build our prison around us.

They won’t have to come for us; all they have to do is turn the key.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kneverr

Best post here... sad but funny thing is; I truly bet that you are not too far from the truth of it.

Hey thanks my friend. I suspect that is pretty much what happened. I can appreciate the logistics of running an enterprise.

Which of course is why good fortune favors me so, with the bellow invitation, from my beloved Congresswoman inviting me cordially during these difficult economic times, to celebrate with her at the grand opening of her new District Offices!

Which of course means I have to go to the store, and buy lot's and lot's of tea and deliver it myself. I will be sure to take a couple friends along and a digital camera and report back here on ATS on this gala event and my attempt to bring free refreshments to it.

Now I know what some of you are thinking, but, one friend will be an attorney at law and the other an off duty police officer, I love a good party and I will make sure it's a festive affair from start to finish.

I hope!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear XXXXXX:

I hope this email finds you all doing well!

I wanted to pass along the new invitation for the Grand Opening of our New District Office.

When: Wednesday, April 15th from 4:00 to 7:00PM

Where: 4960 SW 72nd Avenue, #208, Miami, Florida 33155

Please let us know if you are coming, by replying to [email protected]

Hope to see you all there!

Sincerely,

Ileana Ros-Lehtinen
Member of Congress

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join