It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested for Mailing Tea to House Rep.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I always get stupid form letters back that say whatever the opposite of I wanted is the best thing for me.

I think Americans should quit paying any unsecured debt en masse.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso
I just sent an e-mail to Rep. Shea Porter. I will try to remember it as best as possible and perhaps some others could email her as well. There is a link to her site at the bottom of the story in the OP's original link.

Here is a paraphrase of what I wrote her:

Dear honorable Mrs. Shea-Porter, (I hate addressing a dishonorable person as honorable; however, it is protocol)

I am writing you to inform you of my disgust with your actions concerning the gentleman whom sent you a teabag. You may try to spin this in any fashion you like; however, I as well as many of your district's voters understand that what you did to this man was simply try to make a statement. The sad part is that you involved emergency responders in this sham which could have caused someone to die because of a lack of emergency care.

You may very well be the most un-American person I have ever run across in this great Nation. Your actions indicate that if you were alive during the original Boston Tea Party, that you would have turned the participants in to the British.

I would like to ask that you have the charges dropped against this man and make a public apology to him for making this patriotic act look like an act of terrorism. I am hopeful that you will take this opportunity to take the appropriate actions before one of the nations watchdogs take advantage of this situation and give you more negative publicity than you care to have.

I think if everyone wrote this woman and every elected official whom acts in this manner then they might begin to understand that the people are paying attention now and we are not going to allow this type of behavior any longer.

What a great letter. "I would like to ask that you have the charges dropped against this man and make a public apology to him for making this patriotic act look like an act of terrorism."

Thank you Darryl for doing this. I tried to send her an email, but it didn't go through because my zip code was out of state. I will call her office.

If all the posters here would be proactive, like you, she would realize what a joke she is for doing this.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's called nip a few in the bud..so it don;t grow.

She knew dang fool and well what the tea bag was for...and it was a tea bag.

Heck obama even had the man telling them to do it at the whitehouse.

So for her to bald face lie.. and say she had no idea of such a thing happening...is appalling to say the least.

She knew it..and wanted to make a example out of someone and this guy got the axe.
All it is.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DropInABucket
S&F.

Shows how much representatives (Or the Federal Government in general.) are paying attention to how ticked off the public is getting...This rep should know exactly what the teabag symbolized (If they remembered a little thing taught in U.S. History class called the Boston Tea Party) and how it is not any threat... ()'s added by me.

My thoughts exactly, except for what I added. If I think of something else, I'll be back with an edit, but I have to say, right now, this just leaves me dumbstruck wondering what they were thinking other than the thought of why people vote some of these idiiots (My opinion, nothing more.) into public office in the first place.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I got a good idea... but this is for those with their own private planes..
fly over the white housse, or pentagon, and drop the toilet tank lol. OR save like amonth of poop in a garbage bag, and upon flying over the white house, drop it front porch, so it goes ALL over the place..
just an idea lol

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You will see the term terrorism expand to mean what ever the powers that are want it to be defined. Dec.16th, 1773 the Boston Tea Party took place in Boston Harbor to protest the taxation of tea to the colonies by the British to help pay for their war with France.

What we are faced with in this Great Nation is the greatest takeover by the change regime, orgastrated by the NWO along with their purchased puppets since the British controlled the colonies. We are seeing right before our eyes the disrespecting and disregard of our forefather's precious written legal binding words embeded within this sacret document, The Constitution Of The United States Of America.

Folks it isn't only the known taxes that will eat our wallets, it is the hidden taxes that we are paying now and in the near future. The raising of energy taxes and global warming taxes each year will eat We The People's lunch. This administration does not seem too concerned about paying back all the Trillon's of dollars of debt that is being run up by all the stimulous packages. It is apparent this administration does not care about repaying our debt because they keep spending the U.S. into oblivion and enacting more wreckless spending. Their answer will be as always raise taxes for We The people to repay the debt.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by amari]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

It went through I had the same thing, it just says that she will not respond to out of district e-mails.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Can a few people PM me their home and work addresses?

I'd like to mail you guys some teabags for the next couple of weeks. They may or may not contain poison or small amounts of explosives.

... but you know what they're for - they're just tea, after all. You can drink them, or even put them in your garbage. They probably don't have little cameras or recording devices in the bags. It's just tea. There won't be any drugs laced in the tea. You know what it is, it's just tea. Nothing to see here, just tea.

I'll mail you some tea. You can sleep with it under your pillow when you receive it. Give some to your children, and apply liberally to your mucous membranes.

It's just tea, after all.

You have nothing to worry about if I, or any other strangers begin mailing you tea. It's just tea.

What's so bad about tea?

It's just tea.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by News And History

Nobody was arrested. Info Wars title is a lie. It would appear either they lied on purpose or they don't read what they put on that site. My opinion of Info Wars just dropped another notch. If they feel they have to lie or mislead or even if they just don't pay attention, they are unreliable. I don't think they are useful as a source unless you read every word and confirm their sources.

I also think it could indicate the only true motive is sensationalism and the pursuit of money even if they have to stoop to this level.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Oh the drama
Going for best dramatic actor?

If any of this is true, it will make main stream shortly. They won't pass this up as the Tea Party's are well know and its embarrassing if a trusted public official is that out of touch. I can see the next campaign commercial now. It could be good for a few percentage points and some humor when she next runs. She better start watching the news. Or reading the Bills perhaps so people don't send tea bags.

Tea Party people are not radicals. They are ordinary working folks and if they get harassed it will backfire big time. This Dentist will probably get a heartfelt if not honest apology shortly. I don't this mistake would be repeated. Its like forgetting the camera is on and kicking a cat. It won't float with the average person.

[edit on 4/4/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I agree. They are going to get more and more paranoid as the economy goes downhill. Some of the people who "lose it" are going to be losing it on them. I would be concerned about some Rambo-type shooters going after the people who are the source of their misery. Ex-bosses and politicians would be at the top of the list.

Corrupt Federal judges (criminal corruption is mandatory) and federal police who 'make an example' of 'income tax criminals" such as the US Marshal's (service) are some others.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

For the first time that I can recall, I am in agreement with IJ. You are all so afraid of being arrested, of tarnishing your citizenhood with a record.... you're so afraid to thumb your nose at them.

Cowardice. Definitionally.

IJ, I give you a star... not because I like you, or because we agree a lot. Because you're right.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This is the reason I tend to not follow the crowd on matters like this. I don't want to be on any govt "list" when the sthf and the New World Order starts enacting the FEMA camps.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Why dont we just drawl a picture of a tea bag and stick it in an envolope and mail it..Legal..

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Of course this was going to happen.
Doesn't anyone remember that someone mailed anthrax to government officials??????

What a horrible idea !!!

Here's a simple thought. Take a picture of a teabag, put a statement on the picture and laminate it then send it. They could even make tea bag ID cards to send out with a statement on them. And on and on....but sending a package with unknown contents ???? what did everyone think was going to happen ????

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I was afraid this would happen, that is why I didn't do it, there must be an alternative,

Although she most likely just wanted to be a bitch,

I don't think you should be deterred.
Send a PICTURE OF A TEA BAG.
I'm sure they'll still get the message.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

Safe way to protest, yes let's be safe. Like our founding fathers who sought their safety over their complaints, or am I mistaken?

Why won't none of you say it? The arrest is a scare tactic of a fascist Police State and you don't have any Rights. Teabags my arse, we need to get down to their offices ourselves, IN PERSON, with buckets of tar and Feathers. Our founding fathers warned us who we would be ruled by if we allowed it, they also told us how to stop it as well as give us examples by their actions...

So while you send your tea bags or tea tags or manure or whatever other SAFE protest you have remember this. Your safe protest to government infringements, spending and tyranny TODAY ensures the enslavement of our children TOMORROW...

Sleep on that.

I give you a star, my friend! I've noticed in other posts as well as this one the unbelievable timidity of resolve amongst some of my fellow ATS'ers. No wonder we have "big gov" ready to squash our last vestage of freedoms, with wimps such as some of those who post here.

Keep the faith, though...

Revolutions are won by the extraordinary few amongst us, not the PC wimp, afraid they might offend their slave masters. Most are just good sheeple ready to follow the leader, whomever he may be. Now these "brave souls" suggest you send a "picture of a tea bag"...hahaha! How do you spell R E V O L U T I O N ?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Damn the Rutle's & they're taking of Tea...See what its caused!!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Man got what he deserved. Having a tea party is one thing, mailing it to officials is another.

I could take arsenic and label it tea. It could have been anthrax or some kind ot toxic weed.

What did he expect to happen?

This has nothing to do with freedom of expression. Not being able to send a letter is prohibition.

If someone randomly sent somethin to my house I would worry. Much less if I was a public official.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by nixie_nox]

man got what he deserved????/ wow..... it was a TEA BAG not ANTHRAX... its posts like these that make me wish ats had a thumbs down system like youtube.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

. Teabags my arse, we need to get down to their offices ourselves, IN PERSON, with buckets of tar and Feathers. Our founding fathers warned us who we would be ruled by if we allowed it, they also told us how to stop it as well as give us examples by their actions...

So while you send your tea bags or tea tags or manure or whatever other SAFE protest you have remember this. Your safe protest to government infringements, spending and tyranny TODAY ensures the enslavement of our children TOMORROW...

Sleep on that.

Talk is cheap, friend. I write my reps, support my candidates and share info on important issues to a few caring souls. I am the soul breadwinner here. I can't afford jail time. Free feel to do whatever you think is best. If you want to go try and tar and feather your reps that's your business. Hope you can afford bail and have a good attorney.

Don't forget your soap on a rope.

What did your Congressman say to your letter? Did you even write them? Oh, maybe you would just rather blast me for my measly efforts.

Useless, ineffective and futile letter to your congressman DELETED

"Sleep on that. "???

Maybe you should change your mood from righteous indig to self-righteous indignation.

Have a nice day.

[edit on 4/3/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

NO- YOU have a nice day when you and your children are being marched into a FEMA facility. theindependentjournal makes a very good point. The time for action is now. Keep writing your letters, and good luck. When the British got pushy I remember a whole lotta letter writing going on! NOT! Read up on what our Forefathers told us to do: here's a hint Ms. Writer Of Letters, it's wet, BUT IT SURE AIN'T INK!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join