It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think its starting now !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ghoulardi

No mention of the 8,3 % unemployment in the US, No mention of the hundreds of thousands who lost their homes recently because of the banking and mortgage collapse, no mention the sudden wave of gun loons shooting people because they lost their jobs, no mention of the multi trillion debt your nation has got itself in, no mention of the 640,000 people in one month who lost their jobs ????, No mention of the huge increase in numbers of illegals crossing the border causing more social unrest, no mention the state of the dollor. C,mon open your eyes please.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Sun Apr 5 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Some people are blind and just have to be annoying. All the violence that is ALL OVER THE NEWS here in america is not really happening i guess.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

The BBC is obviously paranoid as well, While the Guardian and scotsman readers continue in blissful ignorance the problems slowly increase.

newsvote.bbc.co.uk...

Warning of food price hike crisis
A crisis is unfolding in the UK as people in poverty struggle with rising food prices and the recession, the Save the Children charity has warned.

It comes as new figures from The Grocer magazine show food prices rose by more than 18% over the last year.

On Monday, the charity will launch a crisis grant scheme to help families.

The government says it believes food prices have peaked and it is tackling child poverty through increased child benefits and child tax credits.

'More unequal'

Colette Marshall, of Save the Children, said: "We are facing a crisis. Benefits simply haven't been enough and with rising food costs it means that families cannot afford to give children proper decent food.

"We think we are heading towards malnutrition here in the UK."

She is calling on the government to meet its target of halving child poverty by 2010 by putting £3bn in the Budget.

Penny Greenhough, a single mother of two young children, said the family was struggling on a food budget of £3 per head per day.

"I am having to compromise on a daily basis on quality and quantity. I used to manage, but it's getting harder and harder," she told BBC News.

"Once you get into the supermarket then you have got to start looking for the cheapest of everything, every type of commodity you want, whether it is soap powder, some meat or bread or anything else, it's always the cheapest variety," said pensioner Rita Young.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Quoting External Sources - Please Review This Link

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Oh away with yourself.

The three day week ? I think you're embellishing things too, with respect. Most workies loved the three day week ... because we got sent home from work, no electricity you see. Same with our kids being sent home from school. We always knew when the electricity was going off, the electricity was shut down on a geographical basis, the local evening newspapers published a timetable of powercuts. And local radio advised every morning which schools were closed.

And with the evening power cuts we adapted to candles, little gas stoves, portable radios, hundreds of blankets and the good old Monopoly board to keep ourselves entertained. We didn't think anything of it ... compared to the privations of World War Two the three day week was nothing of any consequence whatsoever.

We didn't rush out to buy ammunition. We didn't move home to "safer areas". We didn't rob, we didn't steal. Life went on near enough as normal. So normal, in fact, that there was a baby boom nine months after the three day week !

The way some people here talk, the first sign of a flat iPod battery and they'll be racing for the hills ....

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Okay then.

Name the supermarkets where there's shortages.
Name the "gas station"
Name the gun shop where ammo sales are going through the roof.

I'll phone each one and post here what the Managers say.

I challenge you to post those details. Deal ?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You are a certified nut job, I lived through the nightmare of Labours government in the 70s, Go Slows, Work to rules, Walk outs, 3 day weeks, real hunger, flying pickets,militant tendancy, corrupt evil damn trade unionists, power cuts, food shortages, fuel shortages, riots, strikes, closed shop policies, coal shortages, uncollected rubbish, mass violence. I dont know anyone who enjoyed it cept the left wing thugs who caused it.

BTW if things are so rosy in Scotland why can the BBC provide an entire web page to the problems blighting that nation

news.bbc.co.uk...

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Lass

Okay then.

Name the supermarkets where there's shortages.
Name the "gas station"
Name the gun shop where ammo sales are going through the roof.

I'll phone each one and post here what the Managers say.

I challenge you to post those details. Deal ?

No, Why do I have to ptrove anything to anyone who just turns up here and starts attacking people because they take survivalism seriously, for someone from a nation that now has the highest suicide rates, highest obesity rates, higherst alcoholism, highest diabetes rates, fasted growing unemployment, fast increasing poverty you have a somewhat rosy view in life.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I like the way The Lass comes here and says "Och theres nothing wrong with life I can wander round the garden talking to strange americans", yet on other sections she laments about the self destructive tendancies of the Scotish banking and finance sector and the equally self created RBS banking disaster that has ruined the retirement plans of thousands of small savers and investors. She also decries the terrible state the NHS is in, but even with billions of extra investment in the NHS millions more than ever still can not see a dentist, but theres nothing wrong with the world.

!!! Killfile for this one.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Lass

we were prepared, thanks to parents who had eyes to see, and they brought me up that way too...to watch for signs of a coming storm and prepare accordingly

If you choose not to, then fine, but dont insult those who are. The only crimes included in the ONS figures are the ones reported, the rest are by the wayside...much like the DWP shifting the benefit claimant figues around to make them sound less drastic.

If you want to pose a sensible question, then by all means ask it, but its damn rude to burst into a conversation in a thread with derogatory comments

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Heh I had a similar clash last year in Cumbernauld with some SNP supporters, they have no logical or fair argument just simple antagonism towards my colleagues and myself, ( which almost became a frenzy when they realised most of us were English
:lol
At her age I would have thought good manners would be inherant, but clearly not, thats why I put her in the KF. I have the utmost respect for people who disagree with either myself or my beliefs, thats how we all learn and benefit but if you check her posting history you se she is just fishing for contencous issues to attack people over. NHS reforms, Scotlands self created financial mess, Chinas great idea for dealing with chavs ( gassing them ) Just ignore the poor wee lassie wandering round here garden talking to strange Americans and lets get back to work, The Noo

(removed quote of entire preceding post)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

[

we were prepared, thanks to parents who had eyes to see, and they brought me up that way too...to watch for signs of a coming storm and prepare accordingly

If you choose not to, then fine, but dont insult those who are. The only crimes included in the ONS figures are the ones reported, the rest are by the wayside...much like the DWP shifting the benefit claimant figues around to make them sound less drastic.

If you want to pose a sensible question, then by all means ask it, but its damn rude to burst into a conversation in a thread with derogatory comments

You know what I remember most about the early seventies left wing trade union scums destruction of the UK was my dad, A lovely quiet unassuming man ( nothing like me) he used to work at ICI Wilton, During the strikes, blockades etc money got so tight we thought we would either lose the house or starve. Dad hasd only one passion, he did not drink, did not smoke, would rather die than slum it on benefits. Like most of his generation cept the scrounging lefties signing on was an act of disgrace, dishonour and failure. His one passion was a collection of LP records by someone called Rudolf Shock and some by Joseph Locke, Opera singers I believe, all he ever wanted to do was listen to them singing when he was not at work. Because of the damn miners and trade unions causing such misery we ran out of money and dad not only had to sell his beloved records but his record player as well. God those days were crap.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Northern Raider]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There's no food shortages, no "gas" shortages, there's no run on ammunition (in the UK at least) ... and your claims about people fighting over Fair Trade coffee are just plain laughable.

You won't name these places because your claims just aren't true. And as an ATS contributor you should be ashamed of yourself for knowingly posting falsehoods. It's difficult enough separating the wheat from the chaff in the mainstream media, let alone having to do it here too.

You're simply telling stories, really, that's a shame.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Lass
You're simply telling stories, really, that's a shame.

No, you're just too blind to see whats happening right in front of your eyes...allegory or no, its happening whether you choose to believe it or not

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider

No mention of the 8,3 % unemployment in the US, No mention of the hundreds of thousands who lost their homes recently because of the banking and mortgage collapse, no mention the sudden wave of gun loons shooting people because they lost their jobs, no mention of the multi trillion debt your nation has got itself in, no mention of the 640,000 people in one month who lost their jobs ????, No mention of the huge increase in numbers of illegals crossing the border causing more social unrest, no mention the state of the dollor. C,mon open your eyes please.

Oh sorry, I thought your thread was about the crazy rise in crime where you live, out in the boonies and how it makes you think something, or "IT is starting".

SO I was just pointing out that there's no rise of crime in my area which is one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation and how if "IT is starting" then I'd think that "IT" would be starting here too, but "IT" is not.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Well, dear, maybe all is well and good in your back yard but the rest of the world is suffering. You might want to acknowledge the sufferings of others before they break into your house, help themselves to all the comforts you apparently enjoy and then bury you in your lovely back yard.

As was mentioned earlier, Oklahoma is not a particularly economically depressed area and yet I can name stores that are completely out of ammo, have been for over a month and their suppliers are on backorder.

I went into Best Buy to get a part for my computer and the shelves were nearly bare. I asked if there was a sale going on and they said they couldn't afford to keep stock on the shelves and would have to order the very common part.

Wal-Mart in Norman, Ok. was completely out of the 25# sacks of flour and sugar Friday.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Ignorance may be bliss but it won't be for very much longer.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

Try to convince everyone you know with a big back yard to grow
a WW2 style victory garden to help with the food.

Use heirloom seeds not the damn evil terminator seeds made
by those evil shills at Monsanto.

If enough ppl have those Victory gardens and grow things like
White seeded Amaranth they will even get protein from that.

No one that is prepared will starve unless someone steals it.

But also be prepared to bug out away from the cities, and have
some supplies cached away from the city at possibly more
than one location in case it is taken when u show up.

Good Luck to all the good ppl !

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Excellent post...this is about all you really need to know. We have already started on ours. Grow stuff in containers if you have to.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I like the way The Lass comes here and says "Och theres nothing wrong with life I can wander round the garden talking to strange americans", yet on other sections she laments about the self destructive tendancies of the Scotish banking and finance sector and the equally self created RBS banking disaster that has ruined the retirement plans of thousands of small savers and investors. She also decries the terrible state the NHS is in, but even with billions of extra investment in the NHS millions more than ever still can not see a dentist, but theres nothing wrong with the world.

!!! Killfile for this one.

Hey, you talk to strange americans too

Like i said, some people are blind and can't see the obvious.
Your economy is going to sh!t just like ours and us strange Americans are running out of everything. I had to wait three weeks just for my local wal-mart to have some .22 shells in stock that they used to have a$$loads of all the time.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghoulardi

Oh sorry, I thought your thread was about the crazy rise in crime where you live, out in the boonies and how it makes you think something, or "IT is starting".

SO I was just pointing out that there's no rise of crime in my area which is one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation and how if "IT is starting" then I'd think that "IT" would be starting here too, but "IT" is not.

You might be fine in Ohio, but here in Idaho we are feeling the pinch. I have been laid off for six months because my company can't get any contracts. I work in demolition and here nobody is doing construction, so anyone with heavy equiptment is getting into the demo buisiness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join