It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think its starting now !!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
reply to post by Nirgal

You'd love Yorkshire...more hills than you can shake a stick at, small friendly communities, and the best beer in the world

Aye when theres no Yorkshiremen around
Yorkshiremen are like Scousers but without the car stealing skills, Best beer my left testicle, we use Yorkshire brews to wash the pipes out of the Newcastle BA pumps

Yorkshire is now known as the Peoples Islamic State of Yorkistan

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Northern Raider]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I know in my job I deal a lot with security ..I know that in one area there is a a big increase in robberies..one a day for one bank that I know of and that is just one area!!..I know that at the moment banks are spending a lot on security..and a lot of bank staff are very edgy..and I am being kept very busy!..I also do a lot of travelling around from big cities to the places out in the sticks..and it is getting bad!!....

And I have everything ready to do a runner!!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Raider

"Yorkshire is now known as the Peoples Islamic State of Yorkistan"

There is also Lancashiristan!

Must admit though there are a lost of Mosques about ..I have seen so many on me travels...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I truly hope you come to no harm, and that your chosen place of residence is well hidden from those people causing trouble around there!

Do you have any "self-defence items" in case yoour home is broken into?

I'm worried for everyone

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fullmoonfairy
I truly hope you come to no harm, and that your chosen place of residence is well hidden from those people causing trouble around there!

I'm worried for everyone

Stop worrying and make life easier for the rest of us by getting on and making plans to survive with your family.
NR

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Man it had already started four months ago when i posted the thread "the end is closer than people realize". It's only gotten worse since then.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Sun Apr 5 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I just said this same thing to my sister tonight.

I was horrified to learn of a murder at the grocery store near my parents and sons home!! I told my sis, its starting.

This comes after learning of the horrible mass murder today. Just awful times.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fullmoonfairy

Yes...me

And if I ever catch a burglar in the act, they'd better be able to run faster than 180fps

[edit on 4-4-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider
we use Yorkshire brews to wash the pipes out of the Newcastle BA pumps

I can take the rest wi a pinch of salt...but thats just plain fighting talk

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider

Originally posted by Nirgal This place is killing me and I will out as soon as is practically possible.

!!!!!!!!!!!, Prey tell me what will it take to get you going?

It's purely down to economics now. The applications are flying out. I can't drop everything and just move hoping to land a job... not just yet anyway. Not only would my loan repayments die a death if I did that (not an option. my mess, my solution) but the good lady would possibly castrate me if wound up on her doorstep with no means of support.

I am not yet financially secure enough to drop everything and I don't like the idea of sponging off taxpayers, particularly ex-military residing in the North East!

For all my protestations I know I must endure until I get an offer or a P45.
Call it character building.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I dont think anything's starting now, atleast not here.

I've checked my local Police logs and not a bit of difference.

I even checked Huron County -- that's in northern Ohio -- they have an unemployment rate of 18.3 percent. It's one of the highest in the nation. There's only a few counties nationwide that are higher than Huron. And think about that. One in five people in Huron County are without a job.

For Example...

MONDAY, APRIL 2, 2007

12:26 a.m. — Columbus Avenue, Jose Valdez, 45, 1600 block of Cleveland Road, Sandusky, cited for wrongful entrustment. Boy, 17, 1600 block of Cleveland Road, Sandusky, charged with furnishing false identification and obstructing official business; cited for no driver's license and obstructed view.

1:21 a.m. — Campbell Street, Dustin M. Grubb, 22, 300 block of East Arthur St., Sandusky, charged with open flask in public. Served a misdemeanor Erie County bench warrant for failure to pay fines and cost.

2:33 a.m. — Milan Road, Laban Gaydish, 31, 600 block of Harrison St., Sandusky, charged with open container. Timothy A. Lawson, 36, 1500 block of Columbus Ave., Sandusky, charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence and driving under suspension.

4:07 a.m. — East Market Street, Spencer Brown, 25, 1900 block of 4th St., Sandusky, charged with driving under suspension.

1:10 a.m. — Ohio 2, west of Columbus Avenue overpass, Justin P. Null, 19, 20 block of Summit St., Norwalk, charged with drug abuse. Shawn L. Plummer, 28, 5100 block of Greenwich Townline Road, Shiloh, served a bench warrant.

1:39 a.m. — 6000 block of Milan Road, Paul M. Morris, 30, 20 block of Overlook Drive, Englewood, charged with improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle. Cited for driving under suspension.

12:13 p.m. — 5400 block of Perkins Ave., Beonca N. Kennedy, 25, 1000 block of Jackson St. Extension, Sandusky, served a felony warrant.

12:16 p.m. — 1500 block of East Perkins Ave., Stacey L. Apling, 31, 1900 block of Barker St., Sandusky, cited for a seat belt violation.

12:33 p.m. — 5400 block of Perkins Ave., Christopher W. Kinder, 35, 300 block of Perry St., Sandusky, served a misdemeanor warrant.

12:52 p.m. — East Perkins Avenue at Mall Boulevard, Rachel R. Ellison, 34, 500 block of Fulton St., Sandusky, cited for speeding.

MONDAY, MARCH 31, 2008

2:22 p.m. — 1500 block of 5th St., Craig Campbell, 46, 1300 block of W. Larchmont Drive, served with warrant.

4:12 p.m. — 400 block of Dewey St., David Rowe, 35,1100 block of Hayes Ave., served with bench warrant.

4:26 p.m. — 600 block of Gartland Ave., William Polta, 69, same address, charged with threat of domestic violence and aggravated menacing.

5:26 p.m. — 2000 block of Hayes Ave., James Hayes Jr., 37, Doerzback Avenue, charged with parole violation.

5:51 p.m. — 2200 block of Cleveland Road, JamesArmstrong Jr., 18, 200 block of Meigs St., charged with burglary and vandalism. Girl, 12, charged with criminal trespassing. Boy, 14, charged with criminal trespassing.

6:41 p.m. — Police Station, Michael Mcconnell, 19, 2300 block of Campbell St., served with parking ticket warrant.

11:42 p.m. — 2800 block of E. Perkins Ave., Sheala Davidson, 47, same address, cited for speeding and operating a vehicle under the influence.

3:18 a.m. — 3300 block of Milan Road, Antoine Crews, 24, 1300 block of Filmore St., cited for driving undersuspension.

7:46 a.m. — U.S. 250, Sybill Johnson, 43, 700 block of Dorn Drive, cited for speeding.

8:08 a.m. — East Perkins Avenue, Katia Castile, 38,500 block of Milan Ave., Norwalk, cited for speeding, driving under suspension and served with warrant.

9:41 a.m. — 200 block of Dixie Ave., James Hayes, 37, same address, charged for open container.

10:07 a.m. — 3400 block of Milan Road, James Yeager, 28, Delta, cited for red light violation.

10:12 a.m. — 400 block of W. Perkins Ave., Edward Smedley, 28, Elyria, charged with drug abuse and drug paraphernalia. Brian Malin, 27, Elyria, charged with drug abuse and drug paraphernalia.

11:16 a.m. — 900 block of E. Perkins Ave., JeffreyLinkenbach, 41, 200 block of W. Cherokee Trail, Bay View, cited for driving under suspension.

11:52 a.m. — 4700 block of Columbus Ave., ShannonWilliams, 29, 5000 block of Memphis Ave., cited for driving under suspension.

11:57 a.m. — East Perkins Avenue, Jennifer Lowy, 38,1300 block of Cleveland Road, Huron, cited for speeding.

12:44 p.m. — 4600 block of MIlan Road, John Goodwin Jr., 21, 2000 block of Fox Run Trail, cited for expired license plates.

3:41 p.m. — 5400 block of MIlan Road, Kimberly Baum, 25, 4300 block of Venice Road, served with warrant.

6:33 p.m. — 4300 block of Milan Road, Michael Mcconnell, 19, 600 block of County Road 314, Bellevue, charged with theft and served with warrant.

MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2009

No time -- Jonelle Cole, 31, 1600 block N. Forest Drive, served with warrants.

No time --Andrew L. Fergusson II, 31, 1500 block S. Forest Drive, served with warrants.

10:24 a.m. -- 200 block Meigs Street, 14-year-old boy charged with failure to comply with court order.

1:32 p.m. -- 1300 block Tiffin Ave., 17-year-old boy charged with probation violation.

2:57 p.m. -- W. Perkins Avenue and Campbell Street, Pamela Straziuso, 58, 4000 block Woodridge Drive, cited for failure to stop.

7:50 p.m. -- Monroe and Shelby streets, 14-year-old boy cited with obstructing official business.

8:07 p.m. -- 3000 block Venice Road, Dale A. Cunningham, 31, 1800 block Superior St., charged with voluntary intoxication.

11:03 p.m. -- 500 block E. Water St., Scott J. Herrin, no age, 200 block Perry St., voluntary intoxication, trespassing; Robert S. Herrin, same, voluntary intoxication, trespassing.

7:43 a.m. -- 5500 block Milan Road, Robert R. Greene, 43, 600 block Mills St., charged with theft, criminal damaging, possessing criminal tools and driving under suspension.

12:12 p.m. -- Bogart and Botay roads, Jeffrey L. Wedeman, 50, 600 block E. Bogart Road, cited for expired license plates.

3:24 p.m. -- 2000 block E. Perkins Road, report of felony theft.

6:40 p.m. -- Strub Road near Perkins Avenue, Mark Naufel, 46, 2200 block Hunter's Way, cited for operating a vehicle while intoxicated, failure to drive in marked lanes.

7:37 p.m. -- Ohio 2 at U.S. 250, Peter J. Birmingham, 18, 400 block Stonyridge Drive, cited for littering from a motor vehicle; Neal Bass Jr., 20, 2000 block Forest Drive, cited for littering fro

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghoulardi
an unemployment rate of 18.3 percent. It's one of the highest in the nation. There's only a few counties nationwide that are higher than Huron. And think about that. One in five people in Huron County are without a job.

Seems you're obviously well placed to pick up on any signs of 'social tremors' in advance of the coming storm than the majority around you. But I'd suggest taking a step back and looking at the wider picture.

1-in-5 unemployed are going to find it very difficult to make ends meet, especially once interest rates start to climb in the near future (an inevitable as they can't fall any further from practically 0%) and basic commodities such as food, electricity, and fuel begin to increase in price, and adjustments to welfare payouts trailing behing the actual rise in inflation

For those caught in such a situation, that inevitable will make life even more stressful, and of those 1-in-5, some will resort to desperate measures of theft and other criminal black-market activity just to make basic ends meet

All I can suggest is to keep a track of property-related crime via your quoted source as an indicator and stay aware

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

No offence. But you do really need to get out a bit more. This site is making you paranoid.

I can't live all that far from you, I'm in Southern Scotland about 40 miles south of Glasgow. It's quiet & rural. There's no food shortages of any kind whatever, no "cattle rustling", no thefts of petrol (it's called petrol incidentally, not gas ... or perhaps your post is specifically tailored to the US audience, points mean prizes I guess), there's no "gangs of the unemployed" roaming about a la Mad Max and there's been no spike in demand for shotgun ammunition either (local farmers haven't reported a recent influx of mad dogs).

I live in nowhere land and have spent and enjoyable couple of days out in my garden, chatting away to passing tourists many of whom are sensible, well rounded Americans who take no notice of hysteria such as yours.

This whole forum is full of barmy bonkery today, yours is just a typical example.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Lass
This whole forum is full of barmy bonkery today, yours is just a typical example.

Take the long-view...not just at what is happening today

If nowt happens, then you have a pantry full of food anyway and wont have to shop for a good while, plenty of gear to head out to the hills in terms of safe fell walking with, and be able to cope with whatever the elements throw at you, and a few toys to play with..

nothing wrong with being prepared for the worst, enjoying for the best, and living between the middle of the two

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

I'm not worrying or stocking up for anything. Nothing against those who do, I just think its paranoia.

Here's an interesting article on "crime during dire economic times".

Experts: Bad Economies Don't Cause Crime Waves

There's only one problem: The Depression years had very little crime.

With the economy's current troubles, many people assume a crime wave is just around the corner. But criminologists say that's just an American myth.

Just look at the 1920s, says David Kennedy, director of the Center for Crime Prevention at John Jay College of Criminal Studies. continued...

[edit on 4/4/2009 by ghoulardi]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I doubt the Yorkshire Fairtrade Coffee Riots of 2009 signal much. Must've been a really good offer on, buy one get one free ? Perhaps the OP can tell us which shop the riot took place in, I'll phone them to test his claims & perhaps grab a bargain while I'm at it.

If the OP is amenable I'll phone the gun shop, all the supermarkets & the "gas station" too. I've no doubt he's either making it all up or exaggerating some trivial incident for maximum effect. Meantime I'll stick to my initial interpretation of his post, it's "end times wank".

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I'll stick to my initial interpretation of his post, it's "end times wank".

That is your view, and you are entitled to it.

However, I vividly remember the 3-day working week, electricity suddenly cutting out, fights in the supermarkets, and much more during the winter of 1979...I was only 7 y.o but learnt quickly that you cannot depend on anyone but yourself and those close to you in your community.

What happens when the threat of rising job losses are countered by the sleeping giant of the unions who cut off petrol road-tanker shipments?

The power workers who refuse to accept pay cuts and walk out leaving the electricity stations unmanned and non-productive and the internet and other basic powered infrastructure blacks out?

When the supermarkets, who at most carry at maximum, a 3-day stock inventory to cater to average demand and are hit by panic-buying as a result of a 10 o'clock news broadcast?

You might want to read and learn, you may pick up a useful trick or two for the next camping trip this summer, but don't be too quick to cast disparaging comment

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ghoulardi

There's reported crime to the authorities, and then there's crime that goes unreported that's dealt with outside of statistics. Methinks that that analysis only deal with the reported kind

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I doubt the Yorkshire Fairtrade Coffee Riots of 2009 signal much. Must've been a really good offer on, buy one get one free ? Perhaps the OP can tell us which shop the riot took place in, I'll phone them to test his claims & perhaps grab a bargain while I'm at it.

If the OP is amenable I'll phone the gun shop, all the supermarkets & the "gas station" too. I've no doubt he's either making it all up or exaggerating some trivial incident for maximum effect. Meantime I'll stick to my initial interpretation of his post, it's "end times wank".

Then WTF are you doing on a SURVIVAL forum ???, You clearly dont believe or see the need for preparing against various incidents, So what are you here for except to be an annoying prat ?.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

[i

I live in nowhere land and have spent and enjoyable couple of days out in my garden, chatting away to passing tourists many of whom are sensible, well rounded Americans who take no notice of hysteria such as yours.

Fair comment, but if you are skeptical WTF are you reading it for?, You clearly are not interested in survivalism so why hang around here, Two options you are either a very poor troll, or you are interested in survivalism but dare not admit it. Otherwise why are you here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join