It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Central London CCTV ruled ILLEGAL - ahead of G20 summit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Good Thread dodgygeeza.

It isn't hard to figure out that those SOBs don't want the world to see innocent people be tasered to death by idiot UK police persons who think they're doing the right thing to keep their Fing job, than to be good to people.

I hope lots of people bring their own camcorders to the G20 meeting so it is all recorded. Unfortunately the new law just passed makes anybody bringing a camcorder a possible terrorist; isn't it nice how they treat those poor UK people. There needs to be many people there with camcorders, so the police can't stop all of them from getting the goods on what all takes place at the G20 meeting.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I don't know what I can add to this post... other than being a resident of the UK, as much as I'd love to protest this week - you couldn't drag me there.

To correct 2 previous post's they are removing 160 camera's not 60... though still only a third of the camera's of London, still a significant number.

I don't think they fear police brutality getting our of hand, nor will they have ordered, from the police on the ground anyhow, a Glencoe style massacre after which they have ill-named their operation.

This smell's so funky I wouldn't be anywhere near the city centre... probably to the excel centre is the closest I'd get
now THAT place will be safe!!

I remember other day's when CCTV has been down.... 9/11/01.... 7/7/05 "sorry can't identify the bombers at the station, CCTV was down" plus all the police we're called into central London exercise that day too -they don't mind putting the police in the firing line either - they have the army for backup....

01&02/04/09 .... It looks like it could be bigger than any of us hoped. AT least the signs are being picked up early, so if/when it happens we can direct more and more to the truth.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If anyone is worried about their photos not being seen, I work for a mobile photo sharing company called SnapMyLife, and I am the system moderator. This could be a safe haven for all photos at the G20, I have been asking British users all day if they will be at the protest and none have confirmed. If anyone wants the photos taken to be housed instantly on a non-government server ours would be a good one to use...just to make sure you know I'm not whoring my company, there is also Radar, Zannel, Treemo, and Natuba. We all do the same thing and your photos would be secure either way.

Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Weeeeee! I wish I could be there. Would of had been pretty intense, that's for sure.

Everybody needs to bring their cameras, the police can't possibly arrest everybody, or make their embedded guys turn their cameras away so they can bash the protester in front of them without the dude behind the protester catching everything.

How boneheaded can the police and the government be by actually calling their operation "Operation Glencoe?"

Guess they weren't counting on there being history books or Google, or people having any shred of independent thought.

Too much misplaced faith in the NWO playbook, maybe?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
When i saw the title of this thread, I thought to myself, great a victory for all mankind. Some judge finally had the cajones to stand up to this infringement of civil liberties.

Now that I've read a bit it looks like they're trying to minimize the amount of recorded evidence of tyranny or goverment sanctioned false flag terrorism.

The reason for the complete 180 is the excuse doesn't fly, you dont spend millions on cameras and not use them on the day that requires the most security. Unless something horrible is going to happen that you both have knowledge of and are responsible for.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just make sure all the protesters bring there own video cameras, camera phones and what-have-you.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I wonder if someone is planning a big heist while the G20 is going on...

hmm...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Great point about other dates when the CCTV was down.
I think it might be a little obvious now if somehow video was released, but it was found that a number of frames were missing or tampered with to comply with an "official" story.

Crossing my fingers that nothing nasty happens.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
How boneheaded can the police and the government be by actually calling their operation "Operation Glencoe?"

The Glencoe massacre was against the MacDonald clan, right? These anarchist protesters have a history of attack McDonalds restaurants in their protests, maybe someone in the police force has a sense of humour? Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by djzombie
When i saw the title of this thread, I thought to myself, great a victory for all mankind. Some judge finally had the cajones to stand up to this infringement of civil liberties.

Now that I've read a bit it looks like they're trying to minimize the amount of recorded evidence of tyranny or goverment sanctioned false flag terrorism.

The reason for the complete 180 is the excuse doesn't fly, you dont spend millions on cameras and not use them on the day that requires the most security. Unless something horrible is going to happen that you both have knowledge of and are responsible for.

Yeah, who are they REALLY keeping safe?
The government or the citizens?!!!
What are those cameras for, if not the people?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNeverSlaves
If anyone is worried about their photos not being seen, I work for a mobile photo sharing company called SnapMyLife, and I am the system moderator. This could be a safe haven for all photos at the G20, I have been asking British users all day if they will be at the protest and none have confirmed. If anyone wants the photos taken to be housed instantly on a non-government server ours would be a good one to use...just to make sure you know I'm not whoring my company, there is also Radar, Zannel, Treemo, and Natuba. We all do the same thing and your photos would be secure either way.

Hope this helps.

Great idea!!!
Everyone should have somewhere safe to post the images!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The blackout begins on the eve of the summit, when world leaders arrive in the capital and protesters take to the streets.

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
Doesn't this seem a little suspicious to anyone?

HELL YES! Could it be any more obvious? This is in-your-face. These shadow guys aren't scared of anything anymore. They are right out in the open. And yet the sheeple keep baaa-baaaa-baaaaing in the fields ... :shk:

Excellent find OP!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The council last night confirmed that - barring an 11th-hour U-turn - it would have to switch off the network tomorrow to comply with the act.

Maybe I'm wrong, but is this not saying that even though only 160 cameras are affected, the entire network will need to be taken down to replace them?

[edit on 30-3-2009 by flybynight]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I wonder what they'll do to those protesters? A star and flag for this.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

They shut them down for a reason alright. Everything there would have been on camera. Then all of a sudden right before the event there is a resolution issue.

More like an attack on protestors that the cops don't want shown on CCTV.

I told you, they are going to have a few OFF duty cops under disguise as protestors who will start fights with the On duty officers which will allow all hell to break loose on the peaceful protestors.

They did this in Denver CO. during the election conventions.

They shut those cameras off so they can go ahead with the murder of protestors. My guess is that no less than 80 to 100 will be killed and about a thousand or more injured.

Their next stage against silencing the truth and freedom. Make the people fear going into public and speaking out.

It is all about intimidation, fear and control

[edit on 30-3-2009 by arizonascott]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
very interesting indeed.
star and flag OP.

but frankly I wouldn't worry too much about false flag "terrorist" operation. first, they do that when you are not expecting this to haappen. second, if anything would happen indeed they would be to blame for. third, people are scared enough so they do not have to remind what "terrorist" can do.

and this is why I do belive (as many above) to reduce possible evidence of police actions taken against protestants.

still hope nothing really bad will happen.

cheers

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
definitely an odd story. it seems, according to the story, to only affect some of the cameras used by westminster council.
here's a link to the locations of these cameras.

and here's some other info about them.

just a drop in the ocean really, considering how many cameras remain.

still strange timing tho.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by ivycutler]

[edit on 30-3-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Being on our way to the Capital of London for the G20 we have been keeping close watch on the myriad claims, counter claims and other disinformation being espoused through the British Media leading up to , and since the 28th March demonstration.

I am intrigued to sya the least with the impeccably timed shut down of CCTV, my initial thoughts were that it would possibly enable heavy handed policing to pass unchallenged with no record of any untoward police behaviour or indeed 'caught on camera' provocateurs.

However, when cross referencing the camera locations mentioned in the Guardian article it appears that none of the 'shut down' cameras appear to be anywhere near the main routes or indeed the final destination of the majority of action planned on the day.

They do however, concentrate on both the Belgravia district where it is believed that several of the G20 delegates are staying in hotels and also on Trafalgar Suqare which is the destination point of the StopWar coalition march.

Am I right in assuming that this is yet another subterfuge to add to the already 'panic heavy' media circus or alternatively do we have another (perhaps more sinister) planned 'terrorist' attack waiting in the wings for the delegate's hotels?

If you are going to the demonstrations, keep it fluffy! All they need is a big kick off to bring ID cards and martial law a step closer!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
With this little nugget of info plus the big meeting, if an attack or something bad happens, it would strain belief NOT to think government had something to do with it, if you take into account the inconsistencies of 9/11 and 7/7

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
I wonder if someone is planning a big heist while the G20 is going on...

[Michael Caine]

Right, now here's the plan...

During the riot, we break into the Bank of England, load the gold into the back of the cars, and make our way out under cover of the chaos

Oh, and no-one's going to be sick, no-one's having a migraine, and you're all going to sit in the back of the bloody mini

[/Michael Caine]

*edit to add*

...you're only s'posed to blow the bloody doors off!

[edit on 30-3-2009 by citizen smith]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join