It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Our mobile CCTV van has recently been fitted with advanced cameras and digital recording capability as well as having its potential deployment hours tripled thanks to increased funding. We have now also acquired two extra CCTV vans to patrol the streets as part of our Civic Renewal blueprint to improve the City. The mobile CCTV team also has covert surveillance equipment for use when high visibility equipment is undesirable
Here are some examples of what the CCTV system/CCTV van may be used for:
Deter anti social behaviour
Disrupt and prevent street crime
Look for illegal waste dumping
Observe unlicensed activity in entertainment premises
Observe fraudulent behaviour
Gather evidence for court proceedings
Identify persons wanted by the police
Anyone else smelling the bacon being warmed up?
Originally posted by Now_Then
Maybe the real worry for the authorities is the wireless nature of the camera network? Say for instance there are loads of small scale events that would be great publicity for the protesters - had these been caught on the wireless network that could be 60 angles of view that could possibly be hacked and recorder?
* A counter-surveillance device designed to readily locate any wireless hidden camera
* Operates within a range of 152 metres (500 feet)
* 2.5-inch TFT hi-res LCD screen shows the image of a nearby camera so that you see what the watcher sees
* 1.25-inch LCM display shows battery level, receiver sensitivity, alarm audio on/off and frequency during scanning
* Frequency range to be scanned: 900MHz~2.7GHz
* Lightweight, portable, operated by 4 x AA 1.5V batteries (3~5 hours) or the included 5V power supply
* The scanner can find wireless cameras in NTSC, PAL, colour or B/W
* Can be used as a portable receiver for any wireless camera you have
Originally posted by mr.man
reply to post by mrlondon
Glencoe is famous for being such a peaceful and stunning area in Scotland! Its also famous for a massacre in 1692....the "The Glourios REVOLUTION"....Why the hell would you name this operation after a uprising and atempted revolution against the english monarch?...mmmmm